Geno Smith trained with Beckham Jr,Landry and Brown

joewilly12

7 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

He also said on Jets nation, "What is this offense without Ryan Fitzpatrick?". So once again from a strictly OTA standpoint I guess the retard Geno Smith will suffice. But not even the guy that you're attempting to point out believes in Geno Smith, believes in Geno Smith. Wrap your head around that one....

He probably did, yet in OTA's we're finding out what this offense is without Fitzpatrick...which seems to be extended down field by 15 extra yards. 

You make sure to wrap your head around the fact that this team with Geno will be winning 8 or more games. Get that avatar ready

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He probably did, yet in OTA's we're finding out what this offense is without Fitzpatrick...which seems to be extended down field by 15 extra yards. 

You make sure to wrap your head around the fact that this team with Geno will be winning 8 or more games. Get that avatar ready

And you think OTA's is the ell tale sign????? Ha Ha Ha

I have a second bet for you since you seem to be so cocky.......

I will bet you right now that Geno does NOT start opening day? Game????

And the only person changing their avatar is going to be YOU. Geno Smith is a f*cking scumbag like no other.

7 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

And you think OTA's is the ell tale sign????? Ha Ha Ha

I have a second bet for you since you seem to be so cocky.......

I will bet you right now that Geno does NOT start opening day? Game????

And the only person changing their avatar is going to be YOU. Geno Smith is a f*cking scumbag like no other.

I've already have 4 bets out there, one being that Geno will start opening day. Sorry but you're too late. I would have added you to that, but you were scared to bet that "Geno could only win 4 games at his peak" comment of yours. I guess you're not as cocky as me. 

He may be a f'ing scumbag, but you seem to be a personal fan of his scumbaggery. Its hard to tell which is worse given the case. 

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've already have 4 bets out there, one being that Geno will start opening day. Sorry but you're too late. I would have added you to that, but you were scared to bet that "Geno could only win 4 games at his peak" comment of yours. I guess you're not as cocky as me. 

He may be a f'ing scumbag, but you seem to be a personal fan of his scumbaggery. Its hard to tell which is worse given the case. 

If all those bets have to do with your personal confidence in Geno Smith??? Get ready to pay because I GUARANTEE you will be...

I would just like to make it clear that, yes I would like to see what Geno can do in this offense with the types of weapons we now have on the team.

Yet, if it becomes clear that he continues to make the same bonehead mistakes and a clear lack of progress is seen, I would be the first to admit I was wrong and he needs to go.

I would hope we could all agree that this young man has excellent physical skill for his position. It really is what's between his ears that needed to catch up.

What most concerns me is investing all the time we have in Geno and then letting him move on to become a very solid QB for another team. Really isn't typical Jets luck for this to happen. Think about what ATL would have done with Farve or TPA with Young had they not rushed to judgment. Think about Vinny and how his game just came together once he had a solid team around him.

So while many here may think that those of us who want to see what this kid has with the current team around him, we somehow have blinders on concerning his past.

This could not be further from the truth, believe me I've cursed at my TV at Geno as much as anyone. Yet, I also recognize that he was dealt a very tough hand to begin a career, he was not ready for. This both mentally and emotionally and maturity wise. An let's face it, having Rex as your HC ,while a great motivator, he was simply very lacking as an offensive teacher and that seems to have been an issue with the entire staff.

So while I appreciate all that Fitz has done and will do if necessary this season, I know just like all of you should, he is not the answer at QB for the NY Jets. The is especially true for the salary he is seeking for the short amount of time he will be here. Add in his history of not being able to break thru to the playoffs and you must see why we need to see the young arms at this point.

That has to begin with Geno for the simply fact that he has the most experience and will be the first to be lost to F/A after this season.

If he cannot step up then Petty should be given the opportunity to show what he brings to the table.

I would be very reluctant to put Hack under center this year. He must be given time to adjust to the pro game.

As much as I want to see what Geno can do, as a fan, i would welcome Fitz back in the backup role as mentor and teacher for a reasonable salary.

It's time to work towards the future and build towards it as well.

10 minutes ago, CurtisMartin17 said:

Doesn't anyone remember that 2014 season was sabotaged by IDZIK. There was nobody good on offense at all, Rex knew he was on his way out & MorningWheg sucks. Nobody wants to give Geno a realistic chance. He went 8-8 in his rookie year

That was a brilliant coaching job by Rex Ryan. By far and away the very best coaching job of his career. Meanwhile, Geno Smith passed for 12 touchdowns, but threw 21 interceptions and fumbled the ball away 4 times. 25 turnovers against a measly 12 touchdowns.  

9 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

That was a brilliant coaching job by Rex Ryan. By far and away the very best coaching job of his career. Meanwhile, Geno Smith passed for 12 touchdowns, but threw 21 interceptions and fumbled the ball away 4 times. 25 turnovers against a measly 12 touchdowns.  

lol. 

This season is really going to hurt your feelings. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. 

This season is really going to hurt your feelings. 

You're obviously not as smart as I am giving you credit for being. Hurt my feelings? Nothing would make me happier than to see the New York Jets have a successful season and get to the playoffs. I just know there's no way Geno will ever be a leader or a good QB. You must be both in order for the New York Jets to have a successful season. With Ryan Fitzpatrick we have a chance, with Geno? NO chance.

On June 9, 2016 at 10:29 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

You act as if I care enough about what you post to do that. Why don't you stick to posting about football, instead of trying to insult me. You're not good at talking about either, so why not at least be civil? It's just common courtesy, but maybe you weren't brought up that way. 

Someone doesn't even own big boy pants. 

On June 9, 2016 at 10:29 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

You act as if I care enough about what you post to do that. Why don't you stick to posting about football, instead of trying to insult me. You're not good at talking about either, so why not at least be civil? It's just common courtesy, but maybe you weren't brought up that way. 

Someone doesn't even own big boy pants. 

On June 9, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Joe Jets fan said:

Same ol same ol.     

Geno fan club will post you to death if you bring up how he sucked for two years. 

Dont go against them, they are not afraid to post a hundred times a day till they beat everyone down that disagrees with them. 

Sorry to say it #max, but this place has become like politics, one side will do anything to push their agenda.  

When did the battle cry of the Geno haters/Fitz lovers become there's too much pro Geno posting going on?  

Who actually believes there so much pro Geno talk that it's an issue?  Or, wait, best yet, an agenda.  LOL, grow up 

What a bunch of whiney, sniveling babies.  

On June 10, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Mainejet said:

He also said on Jets nation, "What is this offense without Ryan Fitzpatrick?". So once again from a strictly OTA standpoint I guess the retard Geno Smith will suffice. But not even the guy that you're attempting to point out believes in Geno Smith, believes in Geno Smith. Wrap your head around that one....

What does this mean?  He said he played well.  But now that's a problem.  And who on the Jets doesn't believe in Geno?  Give us a name, one name.  Any names.  

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

You're obviously not as smart as I am giving you credit for being. Hurt my feelings? Nothing would make me happier than to see the New York Jets have a successful season and get to the playoffs. I just know there's no way Geno will ever be a leader or a good QB. You must be both in order for the New York Jets to have a successful season. With Ryan Fitzpatrick we have a chance, with Geno? NO chance.

Im probably not as smart as you've given me credit for, though for some reason I've never got the "he's smart" feeling from you :unsure:

Now my feelings are hurt. 

Players trying to better themselves is always welcome news.

Thank you Warfish,

you see folks that's all it takes. You may prefer for Fitz to start over Geno and feel Geno is not the answer, but how and why does a player, a Jets player at that, get crapped on for trying to better his profession.

Fitzpatrick thinks he is that good he can just sit at home watching his kids get stuck in the tree all summer ? While geno works his ass off despite knowing the diva is likely coming back..  I think management and the players  will soon say enough is enough.. Go take 1 of your other secret just as good options.. We still need a #2 though, petty and hac are 3a and 3b

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

When did the battle cry of the Geno haters/Fitz lovers become there's too much pro Geno posting going on?  

Who actually believes there so much pro Geno talk that it's an issue?  Or, wait, best yet, an agenda.  LOL, grow up 

What a bunch of whiney, sniveling babies.  

Stfu.   You come here and most believe you are mentally handicapped so we leave you alone then you start to take shots? 

Your opinions are as bad as anyone who posts here so maybe slow your crap. 

Thats why I think you are related to Geno, you both have the same brain function, very little. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Players trying to better themselves is always welcome news.

Of course. But it's also their job and exactly what they get paid millions for. Him going slightly above and beyond, shouldn't be considered extraordinary. It should be the status quo. 

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Stfu.   You come here and most believe you are mentally handicapped so we leave you alone then you start to take shots? 

Your opinions are as bad as anyone who posts here so maybe slow your crap. 

Thats why I think you are related to Geno, you both have the same brain function, very little. 

Lol, I'm mentally handicapped? 

You write this illiterate piece of idiocy and then call me mentally handicapped and question my brain function?  Why is it the dumbest are the first to question someone's IQ?  

GFY 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, I'm mentally handicapped? 

You write this illiterate piece of idiocy and then call me mentally handicapped and question my brain function?  Why is it the dumbest are the first to question someone's IQ?  

GFY 

Lol I think you may have hit a nerve there. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Of course. But it's also their job and exactly what they get paid millions for. Him going slightly above and beyond, shouldn't be considered extraordinary. It should be the status quo. 

Of course. But this argument ^^^ always comes from people concerned about other peoples millions only as a way to hate on the individual. I dont recall anyone within these 6 pages calling this or considering this "extraordinary". Its always the one's hating on the dude trying to make it seem like "This isnt extraordinary news". Of course it isnt, its offseason football news posted on a football forum. What I do however recall is 6 pages of people hating simply because its Geno and finding ways of making the "status quo" somehow irrelevant with the latest example....him being a millionaire.

What I never understand is that this type of response always come from non-millionaires. It makes me wonder, if this is to be expected from a guy getting paid millions, then how poorly must the person making the statement work if they're only making 50K for example? Should you not meet your status quo for 50K? Should you work like crap because you're only making 50K? Is that work ethic somehow only exclusive to millionaire QB's that we dont like? Why even write this? 

"It should be the status quo". Well, it seems like it is, yet some like to attempt to sh*t on that effort by talking about a guy's bank statement as a way to discredit the effort by making it some status quo by people who make a significant amount less than the guy they're hating on while trying to use his millions as a tool for the hate. Again, just like the nude pics, this has nothing to do with football. The hate is great this offseason. 

I haven't read all the pages in this thread so it might have been mentioned, but shouldn't Geno be working out with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa & co.? 

With that said....It is definitely good news that Geno is working out in the offseason. As someone that wants Fitz, but is willing to cheer for whomever starts, I need to hear these things about Geno. Luke I've said before about Geno, I'll believe when I see it with my own two eyes.

2 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I haven't read all the pages in this thread so it might have been mentioned, but shouldn't Geno be working out with Marshall, Decker, Enunwa & co.? 

With that said....It is definitely good news that Geno is working out in the offseason. As someone that wants Fitz, but is willing to cheer for whomever starts, I need to hear these things about Geno. Luke I've said before about Geno, I'll believe when I see it with my own two eyes.

During OTA's, Mini camp, training camp...sure. But when its the offseason they can pretty much work out anyway they want with whomever they want. Besides, seems like Marshall was impressed by what he seen from Geno during OTA's. 

I can't believe all the fighting going on over Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Neither of these two are going to get us to the super bowl, this is just a who do I like better Di*k measuring contest over two QB's full of warts. If Fitz signs and Geno is still on the team we will find out who is going to play better one way or another throughout the course of the season.

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I can't believe all the fighting going on over Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Neither of these two are going to get us to the super bowl, this is just a who do I like better Di*k measuring contest over two QB's full of warts. If Fitz signs and Geno is still on the team we will find out who is going to play better one way or another throughout the course of the season.

If they feel Geno is equal to Fitzpatrick or better they wont sign Fitz signing Fitz wastes money that we dont have and need to sign other players. 

Once they fully evaluate the QB talent we have currently have on the roster or maybe they already did and in a sense are saying FU Fitz we dont need you. 

Archived