Hackenburg looking unimpressive...

Freemanm

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Although honestly the Browns should get more flack than the Jets because at least the Jets were addressing a need

True. But the Jets will take the hit because of picking Hack in Round Two. If they prioritized the position and still passed on a guy who turned into a good QB, and if Hack never comes around, everyone hangs. Lots of ifs there, obv

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So Lee needs to kill 3 people instead of 2??:)

If Lynch turns into Steve Young, Lee is going to have to nuke a small island to even the score.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True. But the Jets will take the hit because of picking Hack in Round Two. If they prioritized the position and still passed on a guy who turned into a good QB, and if Hack never comes around, everyone hangs. Lots of ifs there, obv

If Lynch turns into Steve Young, Lee is going to have to nuke a small island to even the score.

Lynch has a better shot of turning into Loretta Young..:)

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I didn't quote anything he said so I don't know what you are referring to in terms of what he didn't say. Does that make any sense?  I think I just confused myself.

Maybe you're emphasizing the wrong word. Try to instead re-read it as "That's not what he said," instead of, "That's not what he said." 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Lol at  the chances of Smurphy Lee becoming Ray Lewis.

124134849_amazoncom-the-smurfs-football-player-smurf-pvc-figure-.jpg

LOL at you brilliantly calling Lee a smurf when comparing him to Ray Lewis.  

Guess someone needs to tell you both are 6' 1" and similar weight.

But hey, never miss an opportunity to make fun of a player on your team.  It's so Jet fan like

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL at you brilliantly calling Lee a smurf when comparing him to Ray Lewis.  

Guess someone needs to tell you both are 6' 1" and similar weight.

But hey, never miss an opportunity to make fun of a player on your team.  It's so Jet fan like

Well all I can say is when they stop giving Jets fans players to make fun of I will stop.

Until then that takes some of the sting out of being a lifetime Jets fan.

By the way, if you think Lee is the same size as Ray Lewis I have 2 words for you,....

Lasik surgery.

46 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Well all I can say is when they stop giving Jets fans players to make fun of I will stop.

By the way, if you think Lee is the same size as Ray Lewis I have 2 words for you,....

Lasik surgery.

Yeah, I can see your point.  You've never seen him play so therefore they gave you a player to make fun of.  Want to exp,aim the sense in that one?  Don't bother, it doesn't make sense.  

Theyre the same size, lame lasik surgery joke aside.  Sorry to break it to you 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe you're emphasizing the wrong word. Try to instead re-read it as "That's not what he said," instead of, "That's not what he said." 

Actually I let I will just let it go lol. It is really a moot point. 

Mills was the best undrafted 5'9" USFL / CFL to NFL linebacker ever.

Lee is a first round draft pick. Why the comparison?

It is a different league now.  Where Mills was drafted is irrelevant.

Lasik surgery.

He's talking about Ray Lewis coming out of the University of Miami in 1996.  He was about Lee's size coming into the league.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I can see your point.  You've never seen him play so therefore they gave you a player to make fun of.  Want to exp,aim the sense in that one?  Don't bother, it doesn't make sense.  

Theyre the same size, lame lasik surgery joke aside.  Sorry to break it to you 

8 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

He's talking about Ray Lewis coming out of the University of Miami in 1996.  He was about Lee's size coming into the league.

Keep believing the reports of Lee being 6'1" and 238lbs. Its BS. He is a big free safety and about 220 after dinner.

Sorry but pray as much as you want but Lee will never be Ray Lewis or even Sam Mills.

55 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Keep believing the reports of Lee being 6'1" and 238lbs. Its BS. He is a big free safety and about 220 after dinner.

Sorry but pray as much as you want but Lee will never be Ray Lewis or even Sam Mills.

Sorry they're both 6' 1".  Those are  his combine numbers.  And the number given for Lewis.

You want to argue, go ahead.  Don't know why.  There's no way to prove yourself and his numbers wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry they're both 6' 1".  Those are  his combine numbers.  

You want to argue, go ahead.  Don't know why.  There's no way to prove yourself and his numbers wrong. 

I dont argue. I make observastions and discuss.

You like to put Ray Lewis and Lee in the same sentence ............as if by being the same size (he isnt) implying he will play like Lewis (he never will).

As a Jet fan I would love for you to be right (you wont be).

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Perhaps, but that doesn't make him the better pick, given the mountainous disparity in importance between the 2 positions.

Time will tell which was the right move. Hope it's Lee, because that's who we've got. Also because it's all the more painful knowing Lynch was right there, so hopefully he's a semi-bust or full bust, and after 2 years Hackenberg is the bomb.

We're probably going to resign Fitz anyway and I think Fitz  is  a better pro Qb than Lynch will ever be

I just love the people acting like its a given Lynch is already an all-pro.  Same people who were posting threads last season about Mariota being "a faster Russell Wilson."

Just now, Kleckineau said:

I dont argue. I make observastions and discuss.

You like to put Ray Lewis and Lee in the same sentence ............as if by being the same size (he isnt) implying he will play like Lewis (he never will).

As a Jet fan I would love for you to be right (you wont be).

You're arguing.  And as with any bad or pointless argument you've somehow twisted it into a case where anyone, anywhere is implying anything about his play or compared to Ray Lewis.  You called him a smurf.  Compared him to Lewis.  I just pointed out here the same size.

Feel free to look, I never implied anything, anywhere

The nature of the 3-4 lb position has changed last 3-4 years with the NFL becoming so pass heavy you need LB's that can actually cover people

Luke Kuechly is about the same size as Lee.  Yet, he's all pro.  Why?  HE CAN COVER

59 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

The nature of the 3-4 lb position has changed last 3-4 years with the NFL becoming so pass heavy you need LB's that can actually cover people

Luke Kuechly is about the same size as Lee.  Yet, he's all pro.  Why?  HE CAN COVER

Of course what you say about the nature of the position is true however Keuchly is actually 6'3" and plays at about 240lbs.

Lee is a pumped up 220lb converted safety, his first college position, who I think is going to get smashed in the NFL

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You're arguing.  And as with any bad or pointless argument you've somehow twisted it into a case where anyone, anywhere is implying anything about his play or compared to Ray Lewis.  You called him a smurf.  Compared him to Lewis.  I just pointed out here the same size.

Feel free to look, I never implied anything, anywhere

OK i give in. If replying to your silly Ray Lewis / Darron Lee comparisons is arguing I am guilty. ☺

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

We're probably going to resign Fitz anyway and I think Fitz  is  a better pro Qb than Lynch will ever be

I just love the people acting like its a given Lynch is already an all-pro.  Same people who were posting threads last season about Mariota being "a faster Russell Wilson."

Nobody is acting like that.

On 6/11/2016 at 5:25 PM, faba said:

We knew he would need to be developed- whether that is going to work out for us takes a little more time than a couple of OTA's I think -DUH

Yes, there are.  There is one who claims that since Elway traded up to get him, that's proof enough of Lynch's future greatness.  There are others that are railing away as though Lynch is a lock for greatness.  Finally, there are at least a couple of others just using the Lynch/Hack draft positions as an excuse to slam the FO, which is their primary mission on this forum.  JMO.

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Of course what you say about the nature of the position is true however Keuchly is actually 6'3" and plays at about 240lbs.

Lee is a pumped up 220lb converted safety, his first college position, who I think is going to get smashed in the NFL

He's 230, virtually identical to shazier when he came out of OSU

45 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

On JetNation we like to say mute point. Presumably because now you're going to be mute on the subject. lol

I thought it was a "moo" point.  Or was that an old episode of Friends?

Then again, most of what's on this forum lately is indeed Moo.

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Not true Kuechly is listed at 6'3 238lbs and Lee is 6'1 232

Mark Barron is 6'2 213lbs but played excellent at OLB last year as a converted safety and got a $40 million pay day.  The linebacker position has changed your stuck in the 90's

6 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Obviously, you just kind of argue without using facts.  Darren Lee OFFICIALLY weighed in in at 232lbs at the Combine.

And you're really going out on a limb by saying he's never going to be Ray Lewis.  Lee doesn't play like Ray Lewis.  He's more of a Seahawks-type LB (Bobby Wagner., Malcolm Smith).  Those kind of guys are effective in today's NFL.  

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Obviously, you just kind of argue without using facts.  Darren Lee OFFICIALLY weighed in in at 232lbs at the Combine.

And you're really going out on a limb by saying he's never going to be Ray Lewis.  Lee doesn't play like Ray Lewis.  He's more of a Seahawks-type LB (Bobby Wagner., Malcolm Smith).  Those kind of guys are effective in today's NFL.  

Why bother with actual facts?

We finally have a GM who knows what he's doing but uh oh everyone has to crap on him because Paxton Lynch is going to be the next Steve Young but better

2 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Not true Kuechly is listed at 6'3 238lbs and Lee is 6'1 232

Mark Barron is 6'2 213lbs but played excellent at OLB last year as a converted safety and got a $40 million pay day.  The linebacker position has changed your stuck in the 90's

You quote what I said regarding Keuchly then say not true??  

Furthermore Lee is not 6'1" and is not 232. They pumped up his numbers and everyone without a bias and 2 good eyes can see it.

Plus we all know how comparing draft picks to all-pros and HOFers is such an excellent predictor of future performance.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

You quote what I said regarding Keuchly then say not true??  

Furthermore Lee is not 6'1" and is not 232. They pumped up his numbers and everyone without a bias and 2 good eyes can see it.

Plus we all know how comparing draft picks to all-pros and HOFers is such an excellent predictor of future performance.

So what's my actual weight since your like psychic and stuff

Archived