Fletcher Cox gets PAID

AFJF

7 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I love how average or below average teams pay defensive players as if they are the franchise QB. How many times did we see this? Dumb on Eagles' part. I hope we aren't as dumb as Eagles. 

revis is on pace to be the highest paid non QB in NFL history, so the jets are on top of that list

31 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I love how average or below average teams pay defensive players as if they are the franchise QB. How many times did we see this? Dumb on Eagles' part. I hope we aren't as dumb as Eagles. 

+1

Teams need to save money to pay a franchise QB. These guys are just burning their lord's money, it's sick. When it comes time that a franchise QB is available in FA they're already out, those idiots. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

+1

Teams need to save money to pay a franchise QB. These guys are just burning their lord's money, it's sick. When it comes time that a franchise QB is available in FA they're already out, those idiots.

While I agree in most cases, Wentz is already their guy. Not exactly smart to pay Cox 63 guaranteed but at least they believe they already have that franchise QB on the roster now.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

While I agree in most cases, Wentz is already their guy. Not exactly smart to pay Cox 63 guaranteed but at least they believe they already have that franchise QB on the roster now.

Why wouldn't it be smart to pay an elite defensive player in his prime if they have a cheap franchise QB? I mean - is there any way fans find it reasonable to pay a non-QB if not this situation?

Edit: OK, breathed a little bit and realized that it's just standard NFL fan bullsh*t and the man has his contract. Can't get caught up in the SSDD "analysis"

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

revis is on pace to be the highest paid non QB in NFL history, so the jets are on top of that list

Yep. Jets did a big mistake with that Revis contract if you ask me. I am not sparing Jets by the way. Whoever signs a defensive player to a franchise QB contract is dumb, Jets included. 

47 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

+1

I know, so many franchise QBs just slip out of their grasps every year. 

58 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Yep. Jets did a big mistake with that Revis contract if you ask me. I am not sparing Jets by the way. Whoever signs a defensive player to a franchise QB contract is dumb, Jets included. 

The Cro contract was worse in 2015 ... But at least that was basically just a 1 year deal

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

but the flip side to that is if you are cursed with the worst QB luck of all time, you might as well build a defense.  What I didn't like about the revis deal was giving him his 2010 dollars for his 2015 body.  The shame of all of this is the best young asset the team has is going to be lost

45 minutes ago, GenoTime said:

Just throwing this out there, what happens if Jets sign Mo to a huge deal and then Geno lights it up this year and there is no money to pay him, and he goes to the Dolphins?

Hahahahahahahahah ... Kate Upton shows up at my front door with the an*l lube is what happens!!!

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, GenoTime said:

Just throwing this out there, what happens if Jets sign Mo to a huge deal and then Geno lights it up this year and there is no money to pay him, and he goes to the Dolphins?

First of all, the Jets will not sign Mo. If they hadn't already, they certainly aren't going to now. The two parties have reached several impasses each and every time they've sat down. Second of all, Geno Smith is a f*cking POS and the only thing he lights up is his farts. He's got a f*cking pea brain. He's so DUMB the CS probably had to teach him not to sh*t on the floor. He will be on the unemployment line sooner rather than later...

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They have Wentz locked up pretty cheap for the next 5 years.  Cox will be at the tail end of his deal by then and they'll be able to afford Wentz's deal IF he proves to be worthy of franchise QB money by Year 4.  Meanwhile, the cap continues to increase....

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

A lot of folks (myself included) felt like Cox and Mo Wilk should be in the same ballpark in terms of salary.  If so...wow.

Maybe for another team. Can't look at this as apples to apples. The Eagles defense is nowhere near as good as the Jets, so they will have Cox and a bunch of no names because they can't pay anyone else BECAUSE of Cox. I pray the Jets don't make the same mistake. I think Mo's only leverage is to sign the tender with the promise of not being franchised next year. I said early on the Jets should have taken the franchise tag off and used that money for other needs. We still need competition at RT and depth at guard. Mo is a very good player, who simply wants too much money and is on a team that will have to pay others big money and in day and age you simply can't do it.

15 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Damn. We should have signed Mo last year. He's gone now.

He was already gone THIS year. He may not even play this season. I see a long holdout followed by a lackluster effort because he will protect himself from injury so he doesn't hurt his earning opportunity next year. He is done as a Jet IMO.

Archived