Wilkerson Speaks Out

CrazyCarl40

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

You are all Ridiculous, with a capital "R".

None of you have any idea what the Jets have offered, what Wilk is demanding or the details of any negotiations over the past 2+ years.  Every single one of you is making huge assumptions when pointing your wagging fingers, and it seems you are taking this opportunity to follow through with whatever agenda you have for or against the current front office regime.  

I've said repeatedly that I want Mo signed long term.  But at this point I'm not ready to blame Mo, Mac, Bowles, Woody or any other part of this alleged "sh!t organization" for the failure to get it done.  You all just assume it is one side's fault or the other but you have no facts on which to base any such opinions.  

Again I agree with your first point, but on the second it looks like the FO is not managing the negotiations properly.  It should not have come to Wilk going public like this.  There is a negative effect no question about it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Wait, so what's the market that YOU know the Jets won't pay?

This is what's wrong and why I agree with @Dcat, How is it you know what the Jets offer is?  Please give us the Link that shows ether the Jets offer or Mo's offer. 

You , me or anyone else here has no idea what the offers are.

Well from Mo's own comments, they seem to be offering him less then what Cox is getting, which based on the market is lowballing Mo.

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

The FO REALLY needs to get a handle on these negotiations. Managing this process through the press is a recipe for disaster. 

It is not the front office trying to garner sympathy from the media it is Mo. The Jets simply cannot fit him under the current salary cap, and it is my belief that they are trying to decide between Mo and Sheldon Richardson. They probably feel like they can only keep one and they want to see who has the better season this year and they will keep that guy and trade or release the other. I know that is not the optimum way to proceed but I think the Jets have to let one or the other go. I prefer Mo, and if he has another great season the Jets get cap relief next year and could trade Richardson and pay Mo.

30 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

People can say all they want tough, suck it up, the players have to take it.  But what's it like where you work? Do you work harder when your boss treats you like sh!it?

If my boss was going to pay me the average of the five best players at my position I wouldn't exactly call that being treated like s&it. And yes, when you are working for a contract you play your hardest regardless. Someone is going to pay you, but not if you show slippage or appear to not be playing hard.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

None of you have any idea what the Jets have offered, what Wilk is demanding or the details of any negotiations over the past 2+ years.  Every single one of you is making huge assumptions when pointing your wagging fingers, and it seems you are taking this opportunity to follow through with whatever agenda you have for or against the current front office regime.  

I've said repeatedly that I want Mo signed long term.  But at this point I'm not ready to blame Mo, Mac, Bowles, Woody or any other part of this alleged "sh!t organization" for the failure to get it done.  You all just assume it is one side's fault or the other but you have no facts on which to base any such opinions.  

I agree with TxPatsFan. Best post of this thread, next to mine of course.

3 hours ago, jett said:

What's the point? So you can throw another quote at me? I already said you will see both sides of this. All I was trying to say that you can make the argument. That's all. Nothing wrong with that. 

Here's a quote from former Giants center Shaun O'Hara who thinks the Jets front 7 is the best in the NFL..

Former New York Giants center Shaun O’Hara believes the Jets’ front seven is the best in the NFL. Despite the loss of Damon "Snacks" Harrison, who signed with the crosstown rival Giants in the offseason, the Jets still have the necessary pieces to wreak havoc in the trenches.

O’Hara believes the unit is highlighted by fourth-year player Sheldon Richardsonicon-article-link.gif. “[He] is a stud, as he can play nose guard, 3 technique or anything else asked of him to do.”

The former offensive lineman also praised Leonard Williamsicon-article-link.gif, the sixth overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, saying he was able to grasp a difficult scheme while showing some flex. He finished the year with a combined 63 tackles accompanied by 3 sacks.

Last, but certainly not least, the Jets D-Line is anchored by New Jersey native Muhammad Wilkerson. Wilkerson finally made it to Hawaii earning his first Pro Bowl bid in 2015, but could not participate because of a broken leg suffered in Week 17. But that doesn’t affect O’Hara’s opinion.

“Muhammad Wilkerson is a nightmare if he’s matched up against a tight end in pass rush, but he can also do a lot of other things well,” he said. “The Jets’ front seven is just as stout and physical against the run as it is ferocious in the pass rush.” 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Former-Rival-Deems-Jets-Front-Best-in-NFL/5c041ff5-4933-403d-ab01-c9fa24f38a65

Plus the idea of having the same three studs for a decade it a pipe dream.  RIchardson, Williams and <diamond in the rough> look like the most we can really expect.  Time to find that next cheap diamond.

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Plus the idea of having the same three studs for a decade it a pipe dream.  

No one cares for this. What people DO want is to keep the best of them - which objectively is Wilkerson. Richardson's gone after 2017 if they do keep him and is a great trade piece next offseason if he can stay out of trouble.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Shaun O'Hara retired in 2010..:wub:

Another excellent point he probably forgot everything about football the minute he retired and never saw the Jets play ever.. He praised everyone I don't know why you have your panties in a bunch..:lol: For the record I would have loved for the Jets to have signed Mo but 2 GM's felt differently..

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Another excellent point

I know, that's why I made it. Another garbage and false claim on your end THO. You line 'em up, I knock 'em down, partner!! :wub:;)Half of those 2 GMs you claim aren't interested in locking Mo up did not hesitate to give him nearly $16 million for 2016-2017. :lol::wub::D

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Pretty much succinctly said. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I know, that's why I made it. Another garbage and false claim on your end THO. You line 'em up, I knock 'em down, partner!! :wub:;)Half of those 2 GMs you claim aren't interested in locking Mo up did not hesitate to give him nearly $16 million for 2016-2017. :lol::wub::D

The fact is they didn't lock Mo up with a contract.. :blink: 

42 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

It is not the front office trying to garner sympathy from the media it is Mo. The Jets simply cannot fit him under the current salary cap, and it is my belief that they are trying to decide between Mo and Sheldon Richardson. They probably feel like they can only keep one and they want to see who has the better season this year and they will keep that guy and trade or release the other. I know that is not the optimum way to proceed but I think the Jets have to let one or the other go. I prefer Mo, and if he has another great season the Jets get cap relief next year and could trade Richardson and pay Mo.

The Jets FO let this situation get to this point. It may not all be on the current FO though. 

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The fact is they didn't lock Mo up with a contract.. :blink: 

Can't even nail this - yes,they did. Well, technically the first guy didn't have to as Mo was under contract. The other one offered a one year via the franchise tag - still unsigned on Wilkerson's end (rather than non-tendered on the Jets' end). Keep trying buddy, you'll get there! Maybe get a quote from Jets opponent Anthony Munoz! Does Rosey Brown have an opinion?!?

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Can't even nail this - yes,they did. The deals are just not multi-year and one is still unsigned on Wilkerson's end (rather than non-tendered on the Jets' end). Keep trying buddy, you'll get there! Maybe get a quote from Jets opponent Anthony Munoz! Does Rosey Brown have an opinion?!?

So a 1 year franchise tag is the same as a contract now?? There should be a song for the love you have for Mo..The fast track shuffle maybe?? :wub:

4 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Those people would be wrong. Hit me with a quote from one NFL exec on who is better between Richardson and Wilkerson, let alone with them picking Richardson.

Wilkerson outclasses Richardson all around and Williams' career goals including matching, let alone passing, what Wilkerson is.

That would be tampering, no?

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So a 1 year franchise tag is the same as a contract now?? 

Was it ever not? Lol :wub::lol::lol::D:wub: The Fast Track Shuffle would be a dance btw. I'll give you this - your ability to ignore how bad you are at this and work with some alternate reality of your own making is admirable.

Maybe a quote from Ken Strong next?? He also played the Jets DL probably! 

Here's the bottom line regarding Mo Wilkerson. HE'S ASKING FOR TOO MUCH MONEY ACCORDING TO OUR NEW GM.

And that's Maccs perogitive & many, many GMs agree. The draft is a f*cking crap shoot & I'm sure Macc let it be known he wanted a 1st round draft pick. Just think about how many 1st round picks bust, especially drafting in no mans land like 20-32.

If Mo was as GREAT as everyone claims & he's worth the contract he's asking, why wouldn't a team picking 21-31 trade for him? He's a know quantity guaranteed to be a starter on your Dline. BECAUSE HIS AGENT WANTS TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!  

Whether it's guaranteed or the length of the contract, not one team was going to inquire about him unless Mos agent gave them the parameters of the contract they are looking for and no one traded for him. Mo should be thanking Macc for trying to find a team that wanted to pay him, but obviously they agree with Macc. If Mo was a "one of a kind" talent another team in this league would have traded a 27, 28, 29 pick for a one of kind talent but no one did. Is every GM in this league an idiot? Or is Mo an above average player who disappears at times? Plus, Fletcher Cox, Bennett, Watt, ect. Didn't play next to two studs like Sheldon Richardson (DROTY) 2 years ago & Big Cat Williams (Mel Kipers DROTY) last year. I say make him pay under the franchise tag this year '& next year when we have a ton of money. 32 million is plenty, plus your not tied into a huge contract if you draft another sleeper. I believe Mo was picked @ 30.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wonder what it's like to follow a football team that doesn't have quarterback bullsh*t every single year, or contractual bullsh*t with their best players every single year. It must be glorious. You probably get to talk about football and stuff. That must be pretty cool. 

Imagine the gifs you'd be able to post. Just imagine.

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Mo should be thanking Macc for trying to find a team that wanted to pay him, but obviously they agree with Macc

There's no need to thank Maccagnan. As a FA, Mo was able to shop himself around.

If he was out on the free market, where no one had to give the Jets anything to sign Mo, he'd already have a huge long term deal. But even without having to further compensate the Jets, I'll bet anything it wouldn't have - and next year, it won't - come from a team that already has a Richardson/Williams tandem on their roster. 

I'm sympathetic to Mo here, because he clearly didn't choose to get tagged (or play only under his option year last year, or only play under the 4th year of his rookie contract at $1.2M the year before that). If we aren't/weren't going to lock him up long term then we should have traded him to the highest bidder. Mo isn't going to be the difference between a SB and no SB in 2016, and then we're likely losing him for nothing after that.

7 minutes ago, jett said:

NFL armchair exec  SenorGato. 

imagegif

I don't have to appeal to the unstated opinions of unnamed individuals. Wilkerson being better is all over the stat sheet - from production to longevity to playing time...It's honestly not even really a contest.

8 minutes ago, jett said:

Not for nothing but 2015 top 100 players when Richardson played a full season, his own peers put him higher on the list than wilk.  

Good for him, they also voted DeMarco Murray as a top 5 player. It's not an objective analysis, it is fanservice nonsense/offseason fodder rather than a meaningful look at the NFL. Even then Wilkerson's beat him at least twice and been higher ranked than 2015 both times - since this list seems to matter to you.

We just cant have all 3 stud dlmen. Its too expensive

Its a double edged sword....if u pay him your in salary cap hell. Plus no qb?

I think mac is playing it right. Keep the payroll fluid and plug solid starters in key places. You just cant tie up that kind of cash on him or the d line. The key is solid drafting. A team made up of mauldin types on rookie coin rotating every few years is how you win. You cant just overpay. Maybe to a franchise qb, but thats it                 

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Was it ever not? Lol :wub::lol::lol::D:wub: The Fast Track Shuffle would be a dance btw. I'll give you this - your ability to ignore how bad you are at this and work with some alternate reality of your own making is admirable.

Maybe a quote from Ken Strong next?? He also played the Jets DL probably! 

The super bowl shuffle was a song sung by the 1985 Bears. I think you could sing a great fast track shuffle and dance at the same time if you like..:)

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

The super bowl shuffle was a song sung by the 1985 Bears. I think you could sing a great fast track shuffle and dance at the same time if you like..:)

I can not be surprised that some song from the mid-80s is your point of reference. Wrong on O'Hara and wrong on contract talk, but at least you got the song. Keep that 1/3 hit rate up and you might be on a faster track to the HOF than your :wub::wub: Jets DL from the 80s. Anyway, I really need to know - which of these Jets DL today is Jim McMahon most impressed by, as a contemporary opponent and all? 

17 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Here's a quote from former Giants center Shaun O'Hara who thinks the Jets front 7 is the best in the NFL..

Former New York Giants center Shaun O’Hara believes the Jets’ front seven is the best in the NFL. Despite the loss of Damon "Snacks" Harrison, who signed with the crosstown rival Giants in the offseason, the Jets still have the necessary pieces to wreak havoc in the trenches.

O’Hara believes the unit is highlighted by fourth-year player Sheldon Richardsonicon-article-link.gif. “[He] is a stud, as he can play nose guard, 3 technique or anything else asked of him to do.”

The former offensive lineman also praised Leonard Williamsicon-article-link.gif, the sixth overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, saying he was able to grasp a difficult scheme while showing some flex. He finished the year with a combined 63 tackles accompanied by 3 sacks.

Last, but certainly not least, the Jets D-Line is anchored by New Jersey native Muhammad Wilkerson. Wilkerson finally made it to Hawaii earning his first Pro Bowl bid in 2015, but could not participate because of a broken leg suffered in Week 17. But that doesn’t affect O’Hara’s opinion.

“Muhammad Wilkerson is a nightmare if he’s matched up against a tight end in pass rush, but he can also do a lot of other things well,” he said. “The Jets’ front seven is just as stout and physical against the run as it is ferocious in the pass rush.” 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Former-Rival-Deems-Jets-Front-Best-in-NFL/5c041ff5-4933-403d-ab01-c9fa24f38a65

What does he know he only played 10 years in the NFL 

18 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

If my boss was going to pay me the average of the five best players at my position I wouldn't exactly call that being treated like s&it. And yes, when you are working for a contract you play your hardest regardless. Someone is going to pay you, but not if you show slippage or appear to not be playing hard.

You didn't understand my point, and I don't think the fault is mine.  The point is not how much he makes, as it is the FO leaving him hanging, not in the loop.  It's just bad management.

Archived