Fitz and his Tough Opponents

j4jets

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz was not perfectly healthy until mid season. If you know anything about being in a cast it takes time for those muscles to get back in shape especially playing shape so don't claim Fitz was anything since you really don't know. What we did see was Fitz throwing getting stronger as the season went on which tells us he was probably battling a weak lower body early in the season due to the injury that has a big impact on your throwing motion and arm strength. I broke my leg playing football and was in an immobilization cast for a while. when I was able to remove that cast my leg was visibly smaller than the other leg and obviously weaker and I could not run like I used too. It took time to get that leg back up to speed so I can relate to the injury Fitz sustained. I'm not sure if he had surgery but if he did that would just intensify things.

Lol, he broke his leg.  A year earlier.  You're making it up as you go along.  No one, anywhere claimed Fitz took until mid season to heal.  Working out with a NFL team, under supervision of doctors and trainers and world class equipment. 

It keeps getting better and better as we act more and more clueless trying to make Fitz even more of a hero.  Lol, good one

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

depends on the break and where it is and how long they wore a cast. Fitz Obviously threw the ball with much more velocity later in the year of course you are going to deny that but if you look at the video its pretty much obvious. As for Wilk he still has some way to go or he would not be at the facility working out. Your such a hater  :P

Fitz had a clean break, and had surgery to repair the break. Absolutely no way he wasn't healthy until mid-season. He was doing drills in camp, and started the first preseason game. The idea that he wasn't "completely healthy" until 12 weeks later is complete and utter nonsense. Please do better than peddle complete and utter nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Fitz had a clean break, and had surgery to repair the break. Absolutely no way he wasn't healthy until mid-season. He was doing drills in camp, and started the first preseason game. The idea that he wasn't "completely healthy" until 12 weeks later is complete and utter nonsense. Please do better than peddle complete and utter nonsense. 

what you are saying is complete and utter nonsense. Just like when players get ACL injuries and they are so called "ready to play" they are not always ready its not the injury itself that gives them Issue its the building up of the muscle mass you lost. Whenever you sustain muscle weakness and deterioration due to surgery it takes time to heal especially in games. So maybe you should cut the bullsh*t because I lived it and know exactly what I'm talking about. Stop acting like you know wtf your talking about when you clearly do not.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

what you are saying is complete and utter nonsense. Just like when players get ACL injuries and they are so called "ready to play" they are not always ready its not the injury itself that gives them Issue its the building up of the muscle mass you lost. Whenever you sustain muscle weakness and deterioration due to surgery it takes time to heal especially in games. So maybe you should cut the bullsh*t because I lived it and know exactly what I'm talking about. Stop acting like you know wtf your talking about when you clearly do not.

Sounds like 2014 Decker.  Some like to say Geno had Decker to throw to, yet he was a decoy at best much of the time.  Wasn't 'til the end of the season he was close to being healthy.  You know, when Geno played really well.  Coincidence?

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I know you are but what am I. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

In fairness, fitz probably heals a little slower than most of the league since he's obviously not on PED's of any kind

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

what actually happened to Decker ? Did he break his leg the previous year or have an ACL injury ? I don't recall one

Hamstring right?  I remember him trying to play, but barely running routes.  Pulling up short grabbing his hammy.  And heading to the sideline every couple plays.  

You'd usually ask, why even bother putting him on the field?..  but then you look at the other WR options on the team at the time.  In that scenario, Decker at 20% was our best weapon.

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz was not perfectly healthy until mid season. If you know anything about being in a cast it takes time for those muscles to get back in shape especially playing shape so don't claim Fitz was anything since you really don't know. What we did see was Fitz throwing getting stronger as the season went on which tells us he was probably battling a weak lower body early in the season due to the injury that has a big impact on your throwing motion and arm strength. I broke my leg playing football and was in an immobilization cast for a while. when I was able to remove that cast my leg was visibly smaller than the other leg and obviously weaker and I could not run like I used too. It took time to get that leg back up to speed so I can relate to the injury Fitz sustained. I'm not sure if he had surgery but if he did that would just intensify things.

Save it. He was perfectly fine. N Fitz throws didn't get stronger. He just never had the arm. It didn't magically appear. 

I am glad that I can easily root for both qb's. When Geno had stringed a few good games together at the beginning of the season two years ago, I thought we found our guy - mobile, athletic, it was fun. But we know how the wheels feel off and he imploded. Fitz was fun to root for, I love his pocket presence and side arm passes when under stress, and his whole demeanor. So I'll be looking forward to the season either way. (It's not like Richard Todd is out there, who I hated.)  Plus, we have the other two young wild card qb's, so it's gonna be interesting. 

Smith has played in 31 NFL games during his brief career.  An enormous 18 of those games, or have 58%,come against top 12 pass defenses.  For a point of reference, a random distribution of games would be expected to produce 38% of his games against top pass defenses.... Jets have a 3-15 record.

In the last three years the numbers have been even more extreme, with Fitzpatrick facing top pass defenses in only 7 of the 38 games Fitzpatrick has played (excluding the 2015 Oakland game).  That amounts to only 18% of Fitzpatrick's games since 2013, a rate less than a third of Geno's 58%.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, this has been the best stretch of Fitzpatrick's career, by a fairly significant margin....Fitz's 1-6 record.

Smith has played in 31 NFL games during his brief career.  An enormous 18 of those games, or have 58%,come against top 12 pass defenses.  For a point of reference, a random distribution of games would be expected to produce 38% of his games against top pass defenses.... Jets have a 3-15 record.

In the last three years the numbers have been even more extreme, with Fitzpatrick facing top pass defenses in only 7 of the 38 games Fitzpatrick has played (excluding the 2015 Oakland game).  That amounts to only 18% of Fitzpatrick's games since 2013, a rate less than a third of Geno's 58%.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, this has been the best stretch of Fitzpatrick's career, by a fairly significant margin....Fitz's 1-6 record.

Can't wait for the Fitz lovers to somehow spin those stats and tell everyone how Fitz is well worth $12MM.

Wait...what?

I agree with the OP here that Fitz is not a superstar savior...Easy schedule last year and he and we did well but fell short of the playoffs...I think 12 mill a year for Fitz is insane and the fact that he didnt sign yet is even more insane....That being said with all these scrub QB's getting ridiculous money we are obviously over the barrel and I have zero confidence in Geno.

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Can't wait for the Fitz lovers to somehow spin those stats and tell everyone how Fitz is well worth $12MM.

It'll be more about how the quality of one's opponents means nothing. Shove fingers deeply into ear canal, scream 10 wins 31 touchdowns, and keep repeating. That, and pay no attention to the Fitz behind the curtain. Fitz's team records against those scoring even an average NFL game total is undoubtedly the single worst such mark in the NFL, even including freaking Geno. So it's virtually a sure loss against a good defense OR a good offense. Just to start the season alone we play (offense/defense rank):

#7/#2 - #12/#15 - #9/#3 - #4/#1 - #4/#11 - #2/#7

That's a brutal start for an elite QB to get through. Geno aside, with Fitz that start has 1-5 written all over it, and maybe 0-6 or 2-4.

It certainly eases up comparatively after that, but it's not like we finish up against 10 straight games of 2015-level opponents either. Baltimore won't be the pushover they were last year, Indy won't either, the Cheaters will have Brady back (and by week 12, our first game with you, he won't be rusty either), and while I don't expect SF to be a great team, I do expect they'll be far more of a challenge than they were in 2015. Plus another Bills game, 2 Miami games, and Cleveland. Maybe 7-3 or 6-4 over that span, and throw in 1 more win along the way.

We'll finish with 7-8 wins with Fitz. With Brady and BB in their playing/cheating primes, this schedule still probably only yields an 11-win year, give or take a win. Even if I automatically accept that we assuredly finish with 3 fewer wins with Geno (or Geno/Petty), who cares? Difficult as it would be to watch a few more losses, long term we're probably better off (even if Bowles/Maccagnan aren't).

Also you're a tool and you root for cheaters and stuff.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It'll be more about how the quality of one's opponents means nothing. Shove fingers deeply into ear canal, scream 10 wins 31 touchdowns, and keep repeating. That, and pay no attention to the Fitz behind the curtain. Fitz's team records against those scoring even an average NFL game total is undoubtedly the single worst such mark in the NFL, even including freaking Geno. So it's virtually a sure loss against a good defense OR a good offense. Just to start the season alone we play (offense/defense rank):

That's a brutal start for an elite QB to get through. Geno aside, with Fitz that start has 1-5 written all over it, and maybe 0-6 or 2-4.

It certainly eases up comparatively after that, but it's not like we finish up against 10 straight games of 2015-level opponents either. Baltimore won't be the pushover they were last year, Indy won't either, the Cheaters will have Brady back (and by week 12, our first game with you, he won't be rusty either), and while I don't expect SF to be a great team, I do expect they'll be far more of a challenge than they were in 2015. Plus another Bills game, 2 Miami games, and Cleveland. Maybe 7-3 or 6-4 over that span, and throw in 1 more win along the way.

We'll finish with 7-8 wins with Fitz. With Brady and BB in their playing/cheating primes, this schedule still probably only yields an 11-win year, give or take a win. Even if I automatically accept that we assuredly finish with 3 fewer wins with Geno (or Geno/Petty), who cares? Difficult as it would be to watch a few more losses, long term we're probably better off (even if Bowles/Maccagnan aren't).

It's so great to have a positive attitude. 0-6? Why even play the schedule then.

11 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

You must be young, The schedule is KILLER and this is the Jets, at best 2-4 but most likely 1-5/0-6...Learn to listen to your elders

I'm not young and usually not positive. But this doom and gloom attitude after a good season is for the birds. And trying to explain away success and find excuses for winning.  I don't see any great team that's unbeatable on our schedule. I think we can play with anybody and who knows if teams like the Bengals and the Steelers, etc. are going to be that good this season. I look forward to 2016 I don't dread it and I don't think our players are afraid of any of these teams. 

I'm not young and usually not positive. But this doom and gloom attitude after a good season is for the birds. And trying to explain away success and find excuses for winning.  I don't see any great team that's unbeatable on our schedule. I think we can play with anybody and who knows if teams like the Bengals and the Steelers, etc. are going to be that good this season. I look forward to 2016 I don't dread it and I don't think our players are afraid of any of these teams. 

how old?

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It's so great to have a positive attitude. 0-6? Why even play the schedule then.

More like why pay Fitzpatrick $12M then? 

Your blind hope will not help the team convert a single 1st down all season long, let alone turn losses into wins. Fitzpatrick has never been a QB that could consistently engineer wins against formidable opponents, other than a rare outlier here or there (which I could also expect from a backup QB as well). His own history says it won't happen, and last year was hardly the first time he's had a killer pair of WRs to throw to either (to cast aside that myth as well, recently posited by Kirwin, also with blind acceptance by some).

Also I did say I think they'd start 1-5. You're cherry-picking that I said 0-6 is a possibility, when I said it in the same place I said I also thought 2-4 was equal likeliness. 

25 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More like why pay Fitzpatrick $12M then? 

Your blind hope will not help the team convert a single 1st down all season long, let alone turn losses into wins. Fitzpatrick has never been a QB that could consistently engineer wins against formidable opponents, other than a rare outlier here or there (which I could also expect from a backup QB as well). His own history says it won't happen, and last year was hardly the first time he's had a killer pair of WRs to throw to either (to cast aside that myth as well, recently posited by Kirwin, also with blind acceptance by some).

Also I did say I think they'd start 1-5. You're cherry-picking that I said 0-6 is a possibility, when I said it in the same place I said I also thought 2-4 was equal likeliness. 

Why don't we wait and see what really happens with or without Fitz instead of saying we're losing games. I think we win at least 3 of those. 

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

At this point, you idiots are having an argument with imaginary counter-points that nobody is making.

Stop with the new ******* threads about the same ******* sh*t. 

At this point you idiots are continuously opening threads that you're not interested in (or are you????)

Stop opening up new ******* threads talking about the same ******* sh*t about people making the same ******* sh*t that you claim not to be ******* interested in. 

Dang, thats alot of **************** lol

:-) 

19 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

thank you

Cam. :-) 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

At this point you idiots are continuously opening threads that you're not interested in (or are you????)

Stop opening up new ******* threads talking about the same ******* sh*t about people making the same ******* sh*t that you claim not to be ******* interested in. 

Dang, thats alot of **************** lol

:-) 

Cam. :-) 

No bud, there's really no redeeming angle for you to take on this... you, and several other morons, have spent the last 3 months making the board unreadable. It's not anyone else's fault for opening new threads. Thread after thread, whether the subject is about Fitz/Geno or not, the threads inevitably become an exercise of insecurity by the lot of you.

It's on you guys.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No bud, there's really no redeeming angle for you to take on this... you, and several other morons, have spent the last 3 months making the board unreadable. It's not anyone else's fault for opening new threads. Thread after thread, whether the subject is about Fitz/Geno or not, the threads inevitably become an exercise of insecurity by the lot of you.

It's on you guys.

Ah oh, im in trouble again for making a funny. 

Im about to go make a new thread and talk about it. lol. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There are 4 other possibilities as well:

3-3

4-2

5-1

6-0

This is not counting ties, which are also possible.

I think the Jets will start at any one of these four records, or one of the three you mentioned.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

All of this is fair, but what troubles me is that the GM and coaches know this better than we do and yet they are going out on a limb to name Fitz their starter IF he signs... and they're willing to give him a pretty substantial paycheck. While that may not be a vote for Fitz to be in Canton, it is at least a very negative appraisal of Geno. And you can add the two top receivers on the team as well. Why do you think that is?

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

So you're saying Fitz is a lucky Irishman? First of all that's racist. Secondly Geno is the least lucky NFL QB that I've ever seen. I mean do I have to go down the list starting with the green room at the draft?

Maybe we can start a poll to see which unlucky incident was the worst unlucky incident of Geno's young career. 

36 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Ah oh, im in trouble again for making a funny. 

Im about to go make a new thread and talk about it. lol. 

oh, you actually think you're funny?

your delusion knows no end...

Archived