Jump to content

Fitz and his Tough Opponents


j4jets
 Share

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

oh, you actually think you're funny?

your delusion knows no end...

It doesnt, but im totally aware of that. Being realistic only ends in mediocrity, going out being delusional and making a fool of yourself in the process can produce a pretty awesome life and great stories for the grandkids. 

In otherwords, lighten up 28. It really was a joke my friend, jabbing at ya. I apologize if it didnt come off that way...seriously. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The quality of our opponents Obviously means something but so does the state of the teams we play on any given week. This so called hard schedule can change at a moments notice. You can also look back at seasons end to find most of those good teams fell in the toilet it happens every year. Also the Jets are just as good as anyone on that list that is if Fitz is the starting QB. If Geno is the starter we could lose to the bottom feeders just as easily

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It doesnt, but im totally aware of that. Being realistic only ends in mediocrity, going out being delusional and making a fool of yourself in the process can produce a pretty awesome life and great stories for the grandkids. 

In otherwords, lighten up 28. It really was a joke my friend, jabbing at ya. I apologize if it didnt come off that way...seriously. 

Villain in Stage 3 defeat.

  • Couldn't win the argument.
  • Couldn't spin the argument.
  • Implies the other guy is uptight, and that it's all just jokes and laughs with him. (Nevermind the reality that I've been laughing at you for months, while you've puked up emotions ranging from pre-teen girl to any post-menopausal Meryl Streep character.)
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Shove fingers deeply into ear canal, scream 10 wins 31 touchdowns, and keep repeating. That, and pay no attention to the Fitz behind the curtain.

This is going on across the proverbial Jet Nation... not just here. 

Forget Geno for a second here, and simply digest that individual for what he is, and the millions of dollars at play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Villain in Stage 3 defeat.

  • Couldn't win the argument.
  • Couldn't spin the argument.
  • Implies the other guy is uptight, and that it's all just jokes and laughs with him. (Nevermind the reality that I've been laughing at you for months, while you've puked up emotions ranging from pre-teen girl to any post-menopausal Meryl Streep character.)

If that makes you feel better. :-) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If that makes you feel better. :-) 

I felt fine when I got here. I feel even better now.

I think you're projecting your own issues here. 

You do seem like the model of happiness... spending months spearheading most pointless argument I've ever seen on a Jets site... months... and blatantly unnerved at the smallest bits of criticism for it.

You are a rock.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You do seem like the model of happiness... spending months spearheading most pointless argument I've ever seen on a Jets site... months... and blatantly unnerved at the smallest bits of criticism for it.

Are you saying Mike Glennon ISN'T the best QB available, and WON'T get a contract amongst the higher ever in NFL history?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I felt fine when I got here. I feel even better now.

I think you're projecting your own issues here. 

You do seem like the model of happiness... spending months spearheading most pointless argument I've ever seen on a Jets site... months... and blatantly unnerved at the smallest bits of criticism for it.

You are a rock.

Its funny that you call me a rock. My given name is the strongest...well, its similar to a rock, but anyway. 

Some are upset that I can control the situation, to those...I apologize. But I am who I am, and there's a reason for it. If I was busy taking into consideration every person that has some negative thing to say about my style or personality then they'd be in control. Sometimes it happens, but I make sure to readjust. Either way, my way works for me...I'll make sure to remember that and continue. 

 

So, call me what you want, just dont call me a quitter. :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Smith has played in 31 NFL games during his brief career.  An enormous 18 of those games, or have 58%,come against top 12 pass defenses.  For a point of reference, a random distribution of games would be expected to produce 38% of his games against top pass defenses.... Jets have a 3-15 record.

......

In the last three years the numbers have been even more extreme, with Fitzpatrick facing top pass defenses in only 7 of the 38 games Fitzpatrick has played (excluding the 2015 Oakland game).  That amounts to only 18% of Fitzpatrick's games since 2013, a rate less than a third of Geno's 58%.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, this has been the best stretch of Fitzpatrick's career, by a fairly significant margin....Fitz's 1-6 record.

 

13 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Can't wait for the Fitz lovers to somehow spin those stats and tell everyone how Fitz is well worth $12MM.

 

Im actually still waiting. This is some telling information, I thought I'd see people falling over themselves to say something about this like they did in November after his 7th win. 

I guess the best way to spin this math is to be totally silent about it. See no evil, speak no evil I guess lol. 

 

Dude, I thought my video breakdown of Fitzpatrick record against teams who score 21 or more points was damaging, but to now know on top of that he wasnt even playing against respectable defenses 82% of the time over the past 3 seasons while only winning more than 6 games once and NEVER making the playoffs. Furthermore, of those 7 games he's only won 1 game and to turn around and see this guy hold out for more money while some fans wait in suspense is really, really embarrassing. 

 

Man, the more this sinks in, the more I laugh about the stupidity I seen after this guys 7th win......his 7th!  lol. 

 

Speaking of 7. Fitz has only played 7 top 12 defenses in his last 3 seasons combined. This upcoming season we play 7 teams that were top 12 in defense last year. (Bengals, Seahawks, Patriots twice, Cards, Ravens, Chiefs). 

Not only are they top 12 defenses, but outside of the Ravens, all of them are playoff teams. Additionally, the Ravens were decimated with injuries last year so that was more of a throw away season rather than it being a true measurement of their ball club. 

So from what @LiJetsfan showed, Fitz went 1-6 in those 7 games over 3 seasons and I showed that he went 1-6 last season against teams that scored 21 or more points. 

Those same 7 top 12 defensive teams....this is their avg. scoring output last season. 

 

Patriots: 29.1

Bengals: 26.2

Seahawks: 26.4

Cardinals: 30.6

Chiefs: 25.3

Ravens: 20.5. 

 

To add perspective, The Jets avg'd. 24.2, lower than all of those teams minus the Ravens who were dealing with injuries all over the place. Then add to the fact that they have top 12 defenses. 

 

So honestly, knowing that Fitz has only played against 7 top 12 defenses in 3 seasons combined yet only won 1 game, loses 92% of his games over the past 4 seasons against teams who score 21 or more points, I'd honestly like to know what the Fitz supporters think will occur if he faces 7 top 12 defenses from the year prior that all but one averaged 21 or more points....most way over 21 points. 

 

Fitz is a pipe dream, and will leave you with a short high and a bad trip if you decide to pull from that pipe. And to think, some people think a 12 million dollar contract is absolutely disrespectful! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

All of this is fair, but what troubles me is that the GM and coaches know this better than we do and yet they are going out on a limb to name Fitz their starter IF he signs... and they're willing to give him a pretty substantial paycheck. While that may not be a vote for Fitz to be in Canton, it is at least a very negative appraisal of Geno. And you can add the two top receivers on the team as well. Why do you think that is?

Job preservation. They lose with Fitz and the fans/media say oh well. They lose with Geno and (in addition to the the loss of Mo) here will be many calls for his head on a platter. Basically after their respective last seasons as Jets QB, it'll be more acceptable/palatable to lose wit Fitz. Just so long as he doesn't get too high of a contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On June 16, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Smashmouth said:

what you are saying is complete and utter nonsense. Just like when players get ACL injuries and they are so called "ready to play" they are not always ready its not the injury itself that gives them Issue its the building up of the muscle mass you lost. Whenever you sustain muscle weakness and deterioration due to surgery it takes time to heal especially in games. So maybe you should cut the bullsh*t because I lived it and know exactly what I'm talking about. Stop acting like you know wtf your talking about when you clearly do not.

It doesn't take a year to return from a broken leg, unless you had muscle damage from a compound fracture and are permanently effected.  The story is cute, just wrong.

it was apparent that his velocity got better as the season wore on?  What games did you watch?  Stop over selling Fitz already

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2016 at 0:39 AM, Maxman said:

Do they though?

(Glenn you don't want to play post count chicken with me lol).

Yes.

After last time, I promised myself I'd never play another "game" with you that involved a farm animal.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Job preservation. They lose with Fitz and the fans/media say oh well. They lose with Geno and (in addition to the the loss of Mo) here will be many calls for his head on a platter. Basically after their respective last seasons as Jets QB, it'll be more acceptable/palatable to lose wit Fitz. Just so long as he doesn't get too high of a contract. 

So essentially you are arguing that Fitz is a risk-aversive strategy based on the assumption that the season is already tanked? That wouldn't explain Decker and Marshall, and I have a very hard time believing that Bowles or Mac would actually be thinking that way. Coaches and GM's have usually been known to be excessively confident in their judgment on how to win, or gambling on a player (see Hackenberg). In fact, if your theory was correct, they would have drafted Lynch in the first because he was the more obvious choice from a risk-aversion point of view. Hackenberg blows your argument. I'm betting that the reason they want Fitz is because the team simply ran better with him under center and they are very fearful of Geno's erratic temperament and failure to gain the respect of the locker room, as well as his poor decision making under pressure. All I'm saying is that their (and the receivers') investment in Fitz almost at all costs is a damning rejection of Geno, much more than it's a declaration that Fitz is an elderly Andrew Luck.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So essentially you are arguing that Fitz is a risk-aversive strategy based on the assumption that the season is already tanked? That wouldn't explain Decker and Marshall, and I have a very hard time believing that Bowles or Mac would actually be thinking that way. Coaches and GM's have usually been known to be excessively confident in their judgment on how to win, or gambling on a player (see Hackenberg). In fact, if your theory was correct, they would have drafted Lynch in the first because he was the more obvious choice from a risk-aversion point of view. Hackenberg blows your argument. I'm betting that the reason they want Fitz is because the team simply ran better with him under center and they are very fearful of Geno's erratic temperament and failure to gain the respect of the locker room, as well as his poor decision making under pressure. All I'm saying is that their (and the receivers') investment in Fitz almost at all costs is a damning rejection of Geno, much more than it's a declaration that Fitz is an elderly Andrew Luck.

Decker is Fitzpatrick's best friend. Put him aside in his own category for that reason alone.

No older veteran still at or near the top of his game wants to be on the field while the team is searching for or breaking in a young QB, and trotting Geno Smith out onto the field in the meantime. I'm sympathetic to all of that, but it doesn't mean the team will be better off long term nor that they will win if they get their way in the short term.

Drafting Hackenberg over Lynch does not "blow [my] argument" at all. Quite the opposite. Maccagnan (and surely Bowles) are in job preservation mode every year. They therefore do not want a first round pick sitting on the bench for a year or more. This is why Lynch was not considered over Lee in round 1, and Bowles inadvertently said so. Through all he said about passing on Lynch, Maccagnan was careful to keep that part unannounced, and undoubtedly wished Bowles would have as well. Bowles all but spelled it out: the Jets will not seriously consider a prospect who they don't believe will start as a rookie. That is why they didn't take Lynch.

An investment in Fitz is not much an investment. Difference between investing and spending. This would be the latter. At 3 years $15M, I'd think it was more of an investment. At 3 years $24M (with $15M guaranteed that effectively makes it $18M guaranteed) not so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Drafting Hackenberg over Lynch does not "blow [my] argument" at all. Quite the opposite. Maccagnan (and surely Bowles) are in job preservation mode every year. They therefore do not want a first round pick sitting on the bench for a year or more. This is why Lynch was not considered over Lee in round 1, and Bowles inadvertently said so. Through all he said about passing on Lynch, Maccagnan was careful to keep that part unannounced, and undoubtedly wished Bowles would have as well. Bowles all but spelled it out: the Jets will not seriously consider a prospect who they don't believe will start as a rookie. That is why they didn't take Lynch.

I think the big reason they passed on Lynch had to do with where his head is at. Not just just the low wonderlic score, but evaluations of him being "out there," mentally. Questions about his maturity. After Sanchez and Geno, they could just simply not afford another QB prospect who isn't 100% correct upstairs. Hackenberg, for all his flaws, is universally regarded as intelligent and mature. The bust potential is much higher with Lynch, despite the fact that his ceiling is higher, too. But swinging and missing on a second rounder should still give them cover to take a shot in the first round before they're shown the door. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slats said:

I think the big reason they passed on Lynch had to do with where his head is at. Not just just the low wonderlic score, but evaluations of him being "out there," mentally. Questions about his maturity. After Sanchez and Geno, they could just simply not afford another QB prospect who isn't 100% correct upstairs. Hackenberg, for all his flaws, is universally regarded as intelligent and mature. The bust potential is much higher with Lynch, despite the fact that his ceiling is higher, too. But swinging and missing on a second rounder should still give them cover to take a shot in the first round before they're shown the door. 

Yeah I'm sure that a contributing reason is that he's (allegedly) a mook. And that will bring further into question how long it will take for him to "get it" and be ready to start. So he's not ready now, and I take for granted they feel a dumber person will develop more slowly than a smarter person (all other things being equal). He can throw it through a wall, but frankly so can Hackenberg even if it's only a slightly thinner wall he can throw it through. Of all Hackenberg's concerns, arm strength isn't among them.

Also agree if he isn't showing enough yet behind the scenes this year, there wouldn't (or shouldn't) be any problems drafting a 1st round QB next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question for the fitz fan boys.. Let say Jets name geno the starter now or coming weeks.. Where does fitz go ? No one is signing him to be the starter anywhere.. He will have to sign a "backup " qb deal.. With a chance to play if starter falters.. Jets would be interested.. Give him good backup $$ 5 mil per yr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Question for the fitz fan boys.. Let say Jets name geno the starter now or coming weeks.. Where does fitz go ? No one is signing him to be the starter anywhere.. He will have to sign a "backup " qb deal.. With a chance to play if starter falters.. Jets would be interested.. Give him good backup $$ 5 mil per yr.

Most likely choice  for him will be to sit back & hope a contending team has their QB suffer a serious injury & they will offer him at least a 10-15mil deal in 2016

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Most likely choice  for him will be to sit back & hope a contending team has their QB suffer a serious injury & they will offer him at least a 10-15mil deal in 2016

Lol !! Come on man you can't be serious! " at least 10-15 million " to come off the couch during the season ? Ughh no way.. If a qb goes down, there # 2 immediately goes in.. The #2 is well prepared of his teams O, in shape and has team chemistry.. Fitz could be signed as the #2 at best.. Learn the O and has to hope the #2 falters.. And would hand to accept peanuts or roll the dice waiting for next qb to go down.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol !! Come on man you can't be serious! " at least 10-15 million " to come off the couch during the season ? Ughh no way.. If a qb goes down, there # 2 immediately goes in.. The #2 is well prepared of his teams O, in shape and has team chemistry.. Fitz could be signed as the #2 at best.. Learn the O and has to hope the #2 falters.. And would hand to accept peanuts or roll the dice waiting for next qb to go down.. 

Go tell this sage wisdom to the Dallas Cowboys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Are you saying Mike Glennon ISN'T the best QB available, and WON'T get a contract amongst the higher ever in NFL history?

lol, this would be the other pointless argument...

 

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its funny that you call me a rock. My given name is the strongest...well, its similar to a rock, but anyway. 

Some are upset that I can control the situation, to those...I apologize. But I am who I am, and there's a reason for it. If I was busy taking into consideration every person that has some negative thing to say about my style or personality then they'd be in control. Sometimes it happens, but I make sure to readjust. Either way, my way works for me...I'll make sure to remember that and continue. 

 

So, call me what you want, just dont call me a quitter. :-) 

I do call you what I want.

And frankly, lacking the self-awareness and introspection to learn and mature in "your way" as you get older, encounter more experiences, and meet new people isn't anything to hang your hat on.

Learn to recognizing that you've made your point thoroughly, to the degree that you no longer need to derail every discussion you encounter with it, and have confidence that people know your position and can move forward with other discussion. The constant need to bring the discussion back to the base level of where you stand with Geno is grossly insecure... stubbornly reverting back to poorly formed social tendencies isn't confidence, it's actually a defense mechanism. Confidence is letting yourself grow.

I'm not saying you are like this wholly, just within the scope of the Geno topic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ljr said:

Go tell this sage wisdom to the Dallas Cowboys

Lol.. If the Cowboys were so worried romo will go down again, and think so highly of Ryan Fitzpatrick .. Why aren't they knocking down his door ? He is a career journeyman with a weak arm who put 1 decent yr together with a all star WR cast and great OC who knew had to his many weaknesses.. Sure teams know once their starter goes down likely their season will.. They also know fitz won't get them to the playoffs, even if he did have the best WR duo in the league..  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

some people think a 12 million dollar contract is absolutely disrespectful! 

lol, who?

Maybe there are 1 or 2 rogue people that just want to pay him?

You keep perpetuating these arguments, and then referencing the fringe of Fitz support as though it is the vocal majority that you've been railing against. Trying so hard to sound like the band leader of disruptive thought, when the reality is you've made yourself sound like as big a kook as the fringe of Fitz support that wants to pay him that much.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Decker is Fitzpatrick's best friend. Put him aside in his own category for that reason alone.

No older veteran still at or near the top of his game wants to be on the field while the team is searching for or breaking in a young QB, and trotting Geno Smith out onto the field in the meantime. I'm sympathetic to all of that, but it doesn't mean the team will be better off long term nor that they will win if they get their way in the short term.

Drafting Hackenberg over Lynch does not "blow [my] argument" at all. Quite the opposite. Maccagnan (and surely Bowles) are in job preservation mode every year. They therefore do not want a first round pick sitting on the bench for a year or more. This is why Lynch was not considered over Lee in round 1, and Bowles inadvertently said so. Through all he said about passing on Lynch, Maccagnan was careful to keep that part unannounced, and undoubtedly wished Bowles would have as well. Bowles all but spelled it out: the Jets will not seriously consider a prospect who they don't believe will start as a rookie. That is why they didn't take Lynch.

An investment in Fitz is not much an investment. Difference between investing and spending. This would be the latter. At 3 years $15M, I'd think it was more of an investment. At 3 years $24M (with $15M guaranteed that effectively makes it $18M guaranteed) not so much.

You may be right about the Lynch argument, although taking a big risk on a true project would seem to counter it in my judgment. That's not a job preservation move at all.

I don't know that we entirely disagree on the rest. All I'm asking here is what are THEY thinking, not what do we think about what they're thinking. There is simply zero confidence in Geno from this coaching staff and front office. I see some actual desperation in trying to hold on to Fitz despite the fact that he's an average QB with little future. My main point - or question - is why is Geno so thoroughly disrespected on this team? Why are they not giving him the same benefit of doubt arguments that people here are? They have much more riding on his ability to succeed than any of us, of course. As you said, their jobs are on the line. So why do they not see Geno's promise up close and personal? That's really troubling.

PS. I agree about the Fitz money. But I think the other QB contracts this year really threw reason out the window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You may be right about the Lynch argument, although taking a big risk on a true project would seem to counter it in my judgment. That's not a job preservation move at all.

I don't know that we entirely disagree on the rest. All I'm asking here is what are THEY thinking, not what do we think about what they're thinking. There is simply zero confidence in Geno from this coaching staff and front office. I see some actual desperation in trying to hold on to Fitz despite the fact that he's an average QB with little future. My main point - or question - is why is Geno so thoroughly disrespected on this team? Why are they not giving him the same benefit of doubt arguments that people here are? They have much more riding on his ability to succeed than any of us, of course. As you said, their jobs are on the line. So why do they not see Geno's promise up close and personal? That's really troubling.

PS. I agree about the Fitz money. But I think the other QB contracts this year really threw reason out the window.

They don't see Hackenberg as such a big risk. Sure, they'd prefer the pick to pan out and not waste it, but so would anyone drafting a prospect on upside potential. There is a school of thought, and it's totally understandable, that in taking a player higher on the board you're supposed to be lessening the risk of that player being crap. Therefore, taking a very raw player in round 1 counters that rationale.

The problem is sometimes you can only get some of these players in round 1 because someone else will take that risk. Had he not had such a decline at PSU, someone else may have made Hackenberg one of those risky 1st round picks himself. For most of the offseason, Cook was also seen as high as a low 1st rounder (perhaps as high as our own pick), and many had him ahead of Hackenberg outright. Some will be right, and some will be wrong.

Hopefully, Maccagnan is right because that's the player we've got and it'll also speak to Maccagnan's judgment as well.

Geno's a dick and has mostly had the opposite of success thus far in his career. Fitz is not a dick - quite the contrary - and the team just had some success with him very recently. So I'm not that surprised. Even being a douche, if the team did well with Geno they wouldn't still be clamoring for Fitzpatrick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ljr said:

Most likely choice  for him will be to sit back & hope a contending team has their QB suffer a serious injury & they will offer him at least a 10-15mil deal in 2016

15 mil?  lol, sure. For part of a season.  

Let that sink in. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They don't see Hackenberg as such a big risk. Sure, they'd prefer the pick to pan out and not waste it, but so would anyone drafting a prospect on upside potential. There is a school of thought, and it's totally understandable, that in taking a player higher on the board you're supposed to be lessening the risk of that player being crap. Therefore, taking a very raw player in round 1 counters that rationale.

The problem is sometimes you can only get some of these players in round 1 because someone else will take that risk. Had he not had such a decline at PSU, someone else may have made Hackenberg one of those risky 1st round picks himself. For most of the offseason, Cook was also seen as high as a low 1st rounder (perhaps as high as our own pick), and many had him ahead of Hackenberg outright. Some will be right, and some will be wrong.

Hopefully, Maccagnan is right because that's the player we've got and it'll also speak to Maccagnan's judgment as well.

Geno's a dick and has mostly had the opposite of success thus far in his career. Fitz is not a dick - quite the contrary - and the team just had some success with him very recently. So I'm not that surprised. Even being a douche, if the team did well with Geno they wouldn't still be clamoring for Fitzpatrick.

Well, we know they didn't like Lynch. That's definite. And they staked relatively high on Hackenberg, which is a risky move. I too hope Mac was right, but I think the pick was part of a larger equation that required signing Fitz. It may explain the willingness to put more money on the table than they know is reasonable (but not insane money). If Fitz does not sign, Mac will be left with a Plan B that relies on Geno. I truly believe he doesn't want that to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Well, we know they didn't like Lynch. That's definite. And they staked relatively high on Hackenberg, which is a risky move. I too hope Mac was right, but I think the pick was part of a larger equation that required signing Fitz. It may explain the willingness to put more money on the table than they know is reasonable (but not insane money). If Fitz does not sign, Mac will be left with a Plan B that relies on Geno. I truly believe he doesn't want that to happen.

That's not what they said. They said they did like him a lot, went to see him, and in the end they decided he wouldn't play as a rookie, where Lee would play as a rookie.

I haven't seen or heard from anywhere that, if Lynch was available to us in round 2, that they still would have taken Hackenberg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, this would be the other pointless argument...

 

I do call you what I want.

And frankly, lacking the self-awareness and introspection to learn and mature in "your way" as you get older, encounter more experiences, and meet new people isn't anything to hang your hat on.

Learn to recognizing that you've made your point thoroughly, to the degree that you no longer need to derail every discussion you encounter with it, and have confidence that people know your position and can move forward with other discussion. The constant need to bring the discussion back to the base level of where you stand with Geno is grossly insecure... stubbornly reverting back to poorly formed social tendencies isn't confidence, it's actually a defense mechanism. Confidence is letting yourself grow.

I'm not saying you are like this wholly, just within the scope of the Geno topic. 

You do call me what you want, as long as you dont call me what I tell you not to. 

 

It's not lack of self-awareness and introspection. The only lack of awareness are people on the internet giving mental advice yet always find themselves constantly engaged in the same discussion. Hard to take that guy seriously. But anyway, its not lack of anything. I've already told you that im pretty aware, I just dont care about what/how you interpret it to the point that I must change my approach. For as long as im not breaking the rules of the forum....I dont care. 

I've made my point, but I will make sure to engage the discussion whenever I see the discussion being held because it interests me. You call it "derail", I call it "You dont control what I type". 

You call my repeating of my stance of Geno "grossly insecure", I call your repeating of giving me your opinion on my opinion "grossly insecure". I stubbornly revert back to my poorly formed social tendencies because I dont have much respect for the social norm. Thats not a defense mechanism, thats a bird being flipped. 

Confidence is understanding that many wont like or understand your confidence. Cool. 

 

Im like this wholly, not just within the scope of the Geno topic. I dont get too high on people who like it...and I dont get too low on people who dont.

I will engage in the topic for as long and as passionately as I want, and wont think twice about your diagnosis. 

So, do you accept my apology already or do you want to continue demonstrating your superior awareness while continuing to engage in the same convo, putting on display your own cognitive dissonance? 

I mean, maybe you should have just said "I appreciate you saying that you seriously apologize if I took it wrong". Instead, you want a discussion....lol. How does that work in your head Mr. Aware? 

Those questions are rhetorical by the way. No need to answer it. Lets get back to the Fitz/QB topic, or you can stay here of course. Your choice, I dont care. :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That's not what they said. They said they did like him a lot, went to see him, and in the end they decided he wouldn't play as a rookie, where Lee would play as a rookie.

I haven't seen or heard from anywhere that, if Lynch was available to us in round 2, that they still would have taken Hackenberg.

If you believe that, then I may have to take back everything I said in agreement with you. You're telling me that the Jets passed on a potential franchise QB because he couldn't play as a rookie to take a high risk QB in the second won't play for at least two years? Of course they would say they liked him a lot. That was strictly public press fodder. Obviously, they didn't like him enough to pass on him as a low first round pick. That's definitive in my book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...