Darron Lee is a stud

drdetroit

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Pats have won the AFCE for the last 8 straight years and have played in the AFCCG the last 5 straight years.

Who the hell cares who contributes and who doesn't if the team always wins?

Fans of losing organizations cheer for individual players; fans of winning organizations only care about the overall team.

In all fairness you guys cheated like a son of a bitch. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Ever hear of Joe Flacco?

Eh, 1 playoff season hot streak.  Should have said top QB the way you're predicting Lynch will become.  Or should I say trolling

Now name 1 top QB from a spread offense who developed into a NFL top QB.

i won't ask for one from both lists 

5 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Lynch will be a dud.

All you haters b-ching about the draft will be looking silly this Fall.

A postive post about a first round pick? I must be in bizarro world

Time will tell, but I have high hopes for Lee.

Bowles has used players with his type of skill set very well in the past.

He's fast, young, a top notch athlete, and has a great nose for the football. It's going to be very fun watching Pryor and Lee flying around on the field together for years to come.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If anyone thinks rookie production is/was the real value in drafting Lynch, this is the first I've heard of it. But ok. 

Hopefully Lynch is a bust and Lee is a stud. 

I wouldn't mind if they both ended up being studs

8 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Pats have won the AFCE for the last 8 straight years and have played in the AFCCG the last 5 straight years.

Fans of losing organizations cheer for individual players; fans of CHEATING organizations only care about WINNING.

Fixed it. You're welcome. 

13 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Teams that win the AFCE and play in the AFCCG a zillion years in a row do not need first round draft picks.

This is the newest rhetoric is dbag land. "The Pats only cheat to help keep the playing field level"

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fans of losing organizations cheer for individual players; fans of winning organizations only care about the overall team.

You guys are in for a huge sh*tfest when Brady hangs em up. He's the one guy that's covered Belichick for his bad draft picks & allowed him to trade guys like Seymour & Jones. I can't wait to see the empty seats in Gillette.

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You guys are in for a huge sh*tfest when Brady hangs em up. He's the one guy that's covered Belichick for his bad draft picks & allowed him to trade guys like Seymour & Jones. I can't wait to see the empty seats in Gillette.

Dude don't you get it Belichick has a QB stable up in foxboro.  Cassell, Mallett, Hoyer, O'Connel. Next up is Janine Garofolo 

13 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

He's fast, young, a top notch athlete, and has a great nose for the football. It's going to be very fun watching Pryor and Lee flying around on the field together for years to come.

"He's fast, young, a top notch athlete, and has a great nose for the football. It's going to be very fun watching Pryor and Lee flying around on the field together for years to come."

Precisely. He is the future of LB's in the NFL. Versatile hybrid S/LBs that can fly all over the field and do whatever is asked of them- cover, blitz, play zone, shoot the gap, spy, etc. And I completely agree that Pryor and Lee will work in concert together making for a dangerous tandem. I find it ridiculous that some posters on this forum completely disregard Lee as nothing but a shrimpy LB. It shows how little they know about the type of player he is.   

14 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

My only concern is when we play a team like the Pats, with 2 very big tight ends.  They can run right at him and blow him backwards.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Put Darron in coverage and have Pryor give light coverage himself.

Not so much in pass coverage, but with that can can run off tackle and have Big Gronk or the other dude (names, I am old and can't remember) blocking him.... 270 pounds vs 225.

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Level playing field?

The Pats have totally dominated the NFL for the last 15 straight years.

And you've been a worthless POS for exactly that long, so as usual, you have no point besides being a dick.

This thread is about Darron Lee. GTFO and die, Garbage.

17 minutes ago, chirorob said:

My only concern is when we play a team like the Pats, with 2 very big tight ends.  They can run right at him and blow him backwards.

In most situations this would be a major concern but not with the roster we have right now. With Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams and McLenon up front the big uglies can take care of the run while Harris can provide the thump. Lee will be there for Lewis or Edelmen on those drive sustaining wheel routes that turn 2 yards into 15 for the first down. If Lee stands up to his pedigree our d will have no major weakness that teams can pick on.

3 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

In most situations this would be a major concern but not with the roster we have right now. With Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams and McLenon up front the big uglies can take care of the run while Harris can provide the thump. Lee will be there for Lewis or Edelmen on those drive sustaining wheel routes that turn 2 yards into 15 for the first down. If Lee stands up to his pedigree our d will have no major weakness that teams can pick on.

Precisely. This is not really Lee's responsibility. He's not going to be asked to set the edge. Shoot the gap, sure, but I'm not too concerned with big TEs as their hads will be full with our D-line and OLBs. If Lee is used correctly (and nobody better than Bowles to figure out the best way to use him) he will stay away from the line of scrimmage unless he is blitzing. I expect him to play a lot of zone and man coverage with help over the top. I think he will be used as a blitzer quite often as well (run blitz and pass blitz). And he will help vs. the run while having zone responsibilities b/c he has a great nose for the ball and sideline to sideline speed. 

Everyone knows that I think the Darron Lee is a complete waste of time. Undersized, will get consumed by blockers, etc., etc., etc. However, I am done complaining about it. We'll just have to see how it all works out. I will only believe this guy can help the defense when I see it with my own two eyes. Right now? I think the Jets are headed into an exceptionally bad season consisting of a losing record, an offense that is exposed, Fitz can't get any protection and therefore does not perform well. But I also do not see Darron Lee making this defense better. The Jets needed a difference maker in this draft in order to become a better team and Darron Lee is not that guy. But once again, we'll see how it all works out and I truly hope I am wrong. I would to think that Mac actually made this team better over the long haul. Right now, I do not believe that to be the case.

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Not so much in pass coverage, but with that can can run off tackle and have Big Gronk or the other dude (names, I am old and can't remember) blocking him.... 270 pounds vs 225.

This is the reason why we drafted him. In your perfect world who would be able to cover Gronk, and also shed his block? Obviously this is a mismatch when he's healthy against anyone in the league. We are hoping not to have to use a sub package against him. I'm sure we will still have to bracket him somewhat. 

Lee will hopefully be able to tackle better than a safety, and cover better than a Demario. 

18 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

This is the reason why we drafted him. In your perfect world who would be able to cover Gronk, and also shed his block? Obviously this is a mismatch when he's healthy against anyone in the league. We are hoping not to have to use a sub package against him. I'm sure we will still have to bracket him somewhat. 

Lee will hopefully be able to tackle better than a safety, and cover better than a Demario. 

I cover better than a Demario

On June 17, 2016 at 11:42 AM, PepPep said:

"He's fast, young, a top notch athlete, and has a great nose for the football. It's going to be very fun watching Pryor and Lee flying around on the field together for years to come."

Precisely. He is the future of LB's in the NFL. Versatile hybrid S/LBs that can fly all over the field and do whatever is asked of them- cover, blitz, play zone, shoot the gap, spy, etc. And I completely agree that Pryor and Lee will work in concert together making for a dangerous tandem. I find it ridiculous that some posters on this forum completely disregard Lee as nothing but a shrimpy LB. It shows how little they know about the type of player he is.   

The future is now.  The era of 270lb slow linebackers is over

• 5 weeks later...
On June 16, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Beerfish said:

Our Liliputian LB will be swallowed like Captain ahab by opposing lines when Shel gets suspended again and mo wilk holds out.

So agree with you. Lee was not a good pick or fit for the Jets. He is not a sideline to sideline guy and his tackling is not the best. Not thrilled at all with Hackenberg either.

On June 16, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Beerfish said:

Our Liliputian LB will be swallowed like Captain ahab by opposing lines when Shel gets suspended again and mo wilk holds out.

Jenkins is the best pick of the Jets 2016 draft.

On June 17, 2016 at 7:39 PM, PepPep said:

Precisely. This is not really Lee's responsibility. He's not going to be asked to set the edge. Shoot the gap, sure, but I'm not too concerned with big TEs as their hads will be full with our D-line and OLBs. If Lee is used correctly (and nobody better than Bowles to figure out the best way to use him) he will stay away from the line of scrimmage unless he is blitzing. I expect him to play a lot of zone and man coverage with help over the top. I think he will be used as a blitzer quite often as well (run blitz and pass blitz). And he will help vs. the run while having zone responsibilities b/c he has a great nose for the ball and sideline to sideline speed. 

That's the problem with the Lee pick he will never be a 3 down LB. As soon as teams see him in they will run at him. Every guard and tackle will pancake that guy. His teammates will have to leave their responsibilities and help him out.  This was a luxury pick the Jets didn't have the luxury to make. They really need offensive line help.

1 hour ago, Harlemnite1 said:

That's the problem with the Lee pick he will never be a 3 down LB. As soon as teams see him in they will run at him. Every guard and tackle will pancake that guy. His teammates will have to leave their responsibilities and help him out.  This was a luxury pick the Jets didn't have the luxury to make. They really need offensive line help.

Well, the fact that Mo, Sheldon, Williams, Jenkins and McClendon will be in front of him and Harris and Mauldin beside him, and he's as fast as a lightning bolt, I'd give him pretty good odds that he stays upright most of the game.

Think Deon Buchannon..... blitz the Qb and cover the RB's out of the backfield, be the Tyrod Taylor, Russel Wilson "Spy" and chip Edelman/Gronk coming off the line.

Thia guy gives us a lot of flexibility

Archived