Rex Ryan declares Bills winner of NFL's offseason

Larz

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn't miss it.

I saw quotes from the Bills right after the draft declaring them the "winners", and commenting on how they got 4-5 starters in the draft or something like that... clown city.

I think Rex forgot to add they currently have 2 starters hurt and Karlos Williams showed up to Camp over weight blaming it on his girlfriends pregnancy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really says a lot about Rex when he signs IK and then makes him Captain in a game against our team. I mean Geno was his starting Qb for two years. Some kind of loyalty. 

He literally does that in every game. He always named ex players of the opponent as captains. Always. He's a dick and a terrible coach, but he didn't make Ik captain as a show against Geno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness the Bills had a monster draft last year and I liked what they did this year. They got athletes everywhere while we're burning second and fourth rounders on bad QB's who won't play.

Kinda agree. The Bills are well positioned for Jeff Fisher to take over in 2017.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness the Bills had a monster draft last year and I liked what they did this year. They got athletes everywhere while we're burning second and fourth rounders on bad QB's who won't play.

But it's like having all the best ingredients to make a great lasagna, but the cook makes Spaghetti-O's.

In semi-related news, Carucci had a piece today where he admitted he wants Rex to coach the Bills forever because he gives good copy. It is truly staggering how critical, forthright, competent, and professional the Buffalo media have been in their dealings with Rex, especially when you consider that half of our beat writers spend their nights whimpering at the door hoping he'll come back.

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In semi-related news, Carucci had a piece today where he admitted he wants Rex to coach the Bills forever because he gives good copy. It is truly staggering how critical, forthright, competent, and professional the Buffalo media have been in their dealings with Rex, especially when you consider that half of our beat writers spend their nights whimpering at the door hoping he'll come back.

Writers who basically suck and are lazy like coaches who give good copy and leak information as opposed to basically professional organizations who are more boring with their common sense answers and lack of leaks. Means they have to actually work, and like, do research, and inconvenient things like that. 

Look at Knick beat writers and how their nuts are all twisted now that nothing leaks under Phil Jackson. Isola is going nuts inventing stuff. Meanwhile, good basketball writers like the guy at the WSJ write actual real fact based, researched articles. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The owners gave him playoffs-or-out ultimatum at the end of last season, which was just echoed by Jim Kelly. It's safe to say that Rex has no enablers willing to help him out up there the way he did here. Also helps that Carucci and Jerry Sullivan are old school and not beholden to producing clickbait trash the way our esteemed press corps is.

There's no doubt the Bills had a MUCH better draft than the Jets. The Jets draft was a pathetic, "I give up" surrender to a losing record draft. The Bills, however, picked up TWO first day starters in Lawson and Ragland (it would have been if Lawson did not need surgery). On top of that, Rex Ryan now has all the personnel he needs to play HIS schemes. It didn't work so well last season because he was missing some personnel, but this season we will see that Bills defense to be top 5 almost guaranteed. Likely better than the Jets defense. Rex Ryan knows defense, Todd Bowles knows about SH*T. What's worse is Mike MacCagnan f*cked him on top of that.

On 6/18/2016 at 9:03 AM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So your best response on a Rex/Buffalo thread is to bash the Jets? Nice. You're a real fan/troll.

not bashing my team, bashing the idea that we accomplished something in 2015 b/c of a meaningless 5 game win streak.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

not bashing my team, bashing the idea that we accomplished something in 2015 b/c of a meaningless 5 game win streak.

I enjoyed our 5 game winning streak. To me it was very meaningful. I had a good time last season and was entertained. I'll take it over a 4-12. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I enjoyed our 5 game winning streak. To me it was very meaningful. I had a good time last season and was entertained. I'll take it over a 4-12. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I enjoyed it too especially when we beat NE and I thought there was no way we could lose to Buffalo and we'd be heading back to the playoffs for the first time since 2010 but we lost and it marred the season.  we had playoff talent for the first time since 2011 and failed to get to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I enjoyed it too especially when we beat NE and I thought there was no way we could lose to Buffalo and we'd be heading back to the playoffs for the first time since 2010 but we lost and it marred the season.  we had playoff talent for the first time since 2011 and failed to get to the playoffs.

I enjoyed the last game, too. We were in it until the very last play. Winning ten games got 3 teams into the playoffs. It was a good season and should be building block for this year. 

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I enjoyed the last game, too. We were in it until the very last play. Winning ten games got 3 teams into the playoffs. It was a good season and should be building block for this year. 

you enjoyed the last game?  that was one of the worst games in our history.

it wasn't a building block, we were an older vet team, if we were young and learning I'd agree but we were old team.  we may not get that same chance again this year.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you enjoyed the last game?  that was one of the worst games in our history.

it wasn't a building block, we were an older vet team, if we were young and learning I'd agree but we were old team.  we may not get that same chance again this year.

I thought you said we had the talent to make the playoffs last year. Anyways I see similar talent minus Snacks and I'm not going to assume key older players like Harris are going to regress this year. It's also what the team thinks about themselves. I thought we were on an upswing and the guys were positive. But with this impasse with the starting Qb any inertia we had coming into 2016 could be on the decline. I hope not because I think we have a great chance to compete this season with those players plus new additions like Lee a linebacker with speed we needed. As for week 17 it wasn't the worst game ever by a long shot. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

But we didn't win 10 games, exceed expectations and have a run towards the playoffs with the the right people though, thus it was all a huge dumpster fail.  We keep getting told this on a daily basis and making it to the AFC title game and then failing is =  to winning a super bowl.

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought you said we had the talent to make the playoffs last year. Anyways I see similar talent minus Snacks and I'm not going to assume key older players like Harris are going to regress this year. It's also what the team thinks about themselves. I thought we were on an upswing and the guys were positive. But with this impasse with the starting Qb any inertia we had coming into 2016 could be on the decline. I hope not because I think we have a great chance to compete this season with those players plus new additions like Lee a linebacker with speed we needed. As for week 17 it wasn't the worst game ever by a long shot. 

we did, we were a talented, veteran team that should have made the playoffs.

week 17 wasn't THE worst but it was as bad as any regular season loss in team history.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But we didn't win 10 games, exceed expectations and have a run towards the playoffs with the the right people though, thus it was all a huge dumpster fail.  We keep getting told this on a daily basis and making it to the AFC title game and then failing is =  to winning a super bowl.

so we bash making title games but celebrate missing the playoffs?  huh?

Archived