Rex Ryan declares Bills winner of NFL's offseason

Larz

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we did, we were a talented, veteran team that should have made the playoffs.

week 17 wasn't THE worst but it was as bad as any regular season loss in team history.

Look it was disappointing that we didn't win. But I liked the fact our team played hard in spite of themselves. Not our best game but the opposition was better than their record. The Bills esp at home were not an easy team to beat and they had no pressure on them. When your team comes out flat, doesn't play their A game but still has a chance to win at the end I'm not going to attack them. If we would have won that game an 11 W season and probably that was over our team's ability.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so we bash making title games but celebrate missing the playoffs?  huh?

If you don't make the playoffs that doesn't mean you had an unsuccessful season. And last year was about as close to the playoffs as you can get. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look it was disappointing that we didn't win. But I liked the fact our team played hard in spite of themselves. Not our best game but the opposition was better than their record. The Bills esp at home were not an easy team to beat and they had no pressure on them. When your team comes out flat, doesn't play their A game but still has a chance to win at the end I'm not going to attack them. If we would have won that game an 11 W season and probably that was over our team's ability.

the Bills were not good and players had quit on that team, all we had to do was come out and punch them in the mouth and they would have curled up but instead we came out soft, playing scared and afraid of the wind.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

If you don't make the playoffs that doesn't mean you had an unsuccessful season. And last year was about as close to the playoffs as you can get. 

there are times when you can miss the playoffs and have a successful season but the 2015 Jets were not one of those teams.  the season was fun at times but ultimately a failure.

Just now, nyjunc said:

the Bills were not good and players had quit on that team, all we had to do was come out and punch them in the mouth and they would have curled up but instead we came out soft, playing scared and afraid of the wind.

there are times when you can miss the playoffs and have a successful season but the 2015 Jets were not one of those teams.  the season was fun at times but ultimately a failure.

I give Rex a lot of credit for starting Tyrod Taylor. It took a lot of guts because he was an unknown and  unknowns get no respect. They weren't a bad team with much improvement at the Qb position and were expected to be a lot better than the Jets going into the season. Rex had problems with D players who didn't quit on him but didn't buy into the changes he was trying to make after a successful season under Schwartz. They were a 9-7 team under Marrone with mostly the same D players.. It wasn't a great coaching job by a guy wbo says he's not a mediocre coach. But they were still not an easy team to beat.  

I give Rex a lot of credit for starting Tyrod Taylor. It took a lot of guts because he was an unknown and  unknowns get no respect. They weren't a bad team with much improvement at the Qb position and were expected to be a lot better than the Jets going into the season. Rex had problems with D players who didn't quit on him but didn't buy into the changes he was trying to make after a successful season under Schwartz. They were a 9-7 team under Marrone with mostly the same D players.. It wasn't a great coaching job by a guy wbo says he's not a mediocre coach. But they were still not an easy team to beat.  

their supposed best player on D quot on them and is now gone b/c of it.

their bags were packed, we couldn't take advantage.  rex got his dead team to play harder than our team playing for everything.

Just now, nyjunc said:

their supposed best player on D quot on them and is now gone b/c of it.

their bags were packed, we couldn't take advantage.  rex got his dead team to play harder than our team playing for everything.

You're going on a couple of quotes that said Mario Williams quit on him. One guy isn't the whole team and he wasn't the only player who complained about a defense that worked well under Schwartz. You can bench a guy, too and Rex did it with the Jets sometimes like with Milliner and Pryor. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You're going on a couple of quotes that said Mario Williams quit on him. One guy isn't the whole team and he wasn't the only player who complained about a defense that worked well under Schwartz. You can bench a guy, too and Rex did it with the Jets sometimes like with Milliner and Pryor. 

Mario Williams DID quit on him, this was a guy when Buf was in contention for his first EVER playoff spot that was complaining about not getting enough sacks.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Mario Williams DID quit on him, this was a guy when Buf was in contention for his first EVER playoff spot that was complaining about not getting enough sacks.

Then why didn't he bench him. One guy doesn't make a team. Funny he had 14.5 sacks in 2014. That defense and Williams was a lot better under Marrone. I also see Rex taking shots at him. 

16 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Then why didn't he bench him. One guy doesn't make a team. Funny he had 14.5 sacks in 2014. That defense and Williams was a lot better under Marrone. I also see Rex taking shots at him. 

mario is a #s guy, he's not a winning player.  he should have benched him(and maybe he did? I don't know).  Buf's D was better in 2014 w/ no pressure, now they had winning pressure and they folded b/c they had a leader like Williams.  I guarantee you that D will be  MUCH better this year w/o Mario.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

mario is a #s guy, he's not a winning player.  he should have benched him(and maybe he did? I don't know).  Buf's D was better in 2014 w/ no pressure, now they had winning pressure and they folded b/c they had a leader like Williams.  I guarantee you that D will be  MUCH better this year w/o Mario.

There is absolutely no way you can make a case that Rex Ryan did a good job with Buff last year. If the guy is so disruptive you don't play him. It's a team sport and which ever way you want to slice it the Bills D played better for Schwartz in 2014. As typical Rex rips the player who criticizes him just like he did with Jace Amaro. The bottom line was that after good D coaching the Bills players did not like what Rex brought to the table. Rex should have kept Schwartz and let him do his thing and run the defense. And for once become a true head coach. Now he brings his brother in who does the exact same things as Rex. Deflect criticism and point the finger at everyone else. If the Pegulas finally get sick and tired of this crap Rex will be in the SEC. 

There is absolutely mp way you can make a case that Rex Ryan did a good job with Buff last year. If the guy is so disruptive you don't play him. It's a team sport and which ever way you want to slice it the Bills D played better for Schwartz in 2014. As typical Rex rips the player who criticizes him just like he did with Jace Amaro. The bottom line was that after good D coaching the Bills players did not like what Rex brought to the table. Rex should have kept Schwartz and let him do his thing and run the defense. And for once become a true head coach. Now he brings his brother in who does the exact same things as Rex. Deflect criticism and point the finger at everyone else. If the Pegulas finally get sick and tired of this crap Rex will be in the SEC. 

Rex did a poor job with that D, he made a mistake trusting the talent they had there.  when he came here he brought 2 former Ravens w/ him, he should have done that w/ Buffalo last year.  Rex didn't "rip" Williams, a reporter asked him about Williams and he said he didn't wish him good luck b/c he was w/ Miami or something like that.

I must have missed the playoff games Buf played in w/ Shwartz.

he coached there one year and had them in a rare playoff race, I hope the pegulas get sick and tired of him. it would be typical Buffalo.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Rex did a poor job with that D, he made a mistake trusting the talent they had there.  when he came here he brought 2 former Ravens w/ him, he should have done that w/ Buffalo last year.  Rex didn't "rip" Williams, a reporter asked him about Williams and he said he didn't wish him good luck b/c he was w/ Miami or something like that.

I must have missed the playoff games Buf played in w/ Shwartz.

he coached there one year and had them in a rare playoff race, I hope the pegulas get sick and tired of him. it would be typical Buffalo.

They had an improved 9-7 record and didn't fire Marrone. He left on his own accord. And Mario Williams played well for them. It's up to the coach to get talented players to play great. The guy regressed under Rex. Another guy who criticized Rex was Pryor. As soon as Rex left he started playing well. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

They had an improved 9-7 record and didn't fire Marrone. He left on his own accord. And Mario Williams played well for them. It's up to the coach to get talented players to play great. The guy regressed under Rex. Another guy who criticized Rex was Pryor. As soon as Rex left he started playing well. 

9-7 and what did they do in the playoffs?  Pryor was a rookie in 2014, you think he didn't play well b/c of rex? obviously b/c we know Rex can't coach defense:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

9-7 and what did they do in the playoffs?  Pryor was a rookie in 2014, you think he didn't play well b/c of rex? obviously b/c we know Rex can't coach defense:rolleyes:

You don't have to make the playoffs to be an improved team and have a successful season. You don't always make giant steps to be better. The playoffs is your goal. Rex hasn't made the playoffs since 2010. 

You don't have to make the playoffs to be an improved team and have a successful season. You don't always make giant steps to be better. The playoffs is your goal. Rex hasn't made the playoffs since 2010. 

the Bills haven't made the playoffs this Century, they do need to make it.  last year was the first team talented enough to make the playoffs for rex since 2011 and they lost the QB for 2-3 games and other key guys for multiple games.

the last time the Bills made the playoffs:

Y2K hadn't happened yet

no one knew who Tom Brady was

Peyton manning was a 2nd year QB

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick were coaching the Jets

It was 2 years before 9/11

The Red Sox were 5 years away from breaking the curse

Bill Clinton was our President

cell phones didn't take pictures or video yet

people still used floppy disks

dial up internet

mapquest

we didn't have digital cameras

people still bought newspapers

people would rent movies at blockbuster or similar rental places

The Cleveland Browns returned to the NFL and have made a playoff app since Buf last made one.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

the Bills haven't made the playoffs this Century, they do need to make it.  last year was the first team talented enough to make the playoffs for rex since 2011 and they lost the QB for 2-3 games and other key guys for multiple games.

the last time the Bills made the playoffs:

Y2K hadn't happened yet

no one knew who Tom Brady was

Peyton manning was a 2nd year QB

Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick were coaching the Jets

It was 2 years before 9/11

The Red Sox were 5 years away from breaking the curse

Bill Clinton was our President

cell phones didn't take pictures or video yet

people still used floppy disks

dial up internet

mapquest

we didn't have digital cameras

people still bought newspapers

people would rent movies at blockbuster or similar rental places

The Cleveland Browns returned to the NFL and have made a playoff app since Buf last made one.

The Bills went backwards last year and were a -1 game. The Jets were a plus 4. You can be better and not make the playoffs. As for Sanchez being better than Fitz. Since leaving the Jets even under Chip who likes Mark he hasn't won a starting job. I'll take Fitz in 2015 over any year in Mark's career including 2010. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The Bills went backwards last year and were a -1 game. The Jets were a plus 4. You can be better and not make the playoffs. As for Sanchez being better than Fitz. Since leaving the Jets even under Chip who likes Mark he hasn't won a starting job. I'll take Fitz in 2015 over any year in Mark's career including 2010. 

Fitz didn't win the starting job either and mark in 2014 led his O w/ less talent around him to more PPG than Fitz did a year ago.

-1, +4 means nothing(the Jets were +6 by the way), all that matters is did either team make the playoffs.

2010 Mark was a million times better than 2015 Fitz, mark played well enough to be a SB QB while Fitz didn't play well enough to be a playoff QB against a much easier sched.

49 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Fitz didn't win the starting job either and mark in 2014 led his O w/ less talent around him to more PPG than Fitz did a year ago.

-1, +4 means nothing(the Jets were +6 by the way), all that matters is did either team make the playoffs.

2010 Mark was a million times better than 2015 Fitz, mark played well enough to be a SB QB while Fitz didn't play well enough to be a playoff QB against a much easier sched.

Fitz did win the starting job out of training camp with Houston and started 12 games with them. Your opinion on 2010, Mark's only good year. I'm not into making excuses for success, for him he was pretty good but he isn't a million times better than Dolly Parton. As for lack of talent with the Eagles that seems to be a regular excuse for Mark, bad coaching and bad teammates. How's about: he's a bad player. Get real. 

Fitz did win the starting job out of training camp with Houston and started 12 games with them. Your opinion on 2010, Mark's only good year. I'm not into making excuses for success, for him he was pretty good but he isn't a million times better than Dolly Parton. Get real. 

yes, he beat out Case Keenum and Ryan Mallet:lol: and then went .500 as a starter while the backups went 3-1.

Mark won the starting job 4 years in a row for the Jets and would have been 5 if he didn't get hurt.  I don't get the point?

Just now, nyjunc said:

yes, he beat out Case Keenum and Ryan Mallet:lol: and then went .500 as a starter while the backups went 3-1.

Mark won the starting job 4 years in a row for the Jets and would have been 5 if he didn't get hurt.  I don't get the point?

Mark was handed the job and all Jets fans including you if telling the truth know he was handed the job with no competition. Right now Mark might not even beat out the Broncos 7th round draft pick from last year. They won't commit themselves to him. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mark was handed the job and all Jets fans including you if telling the truth know he was handed the job with no competition. Right now Mark might not even beat out the Broncos 7th round draft pick from last year. They won't commit themselves to him. 

he was handed the job then proceeded to help us reach 2 straight conf title games, Fitz was handed the job last year and w/ more talent couldn't get us to the playoffs but he put up better fantasy #s!

Mark is going to start for Denver unless the rookie is ready.  Mark should have started for Philly last year, it's one of the reasons they stunk.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he was handed the job then proceeded to help us reach 2 straight conf title games, Fitz was handed the job last year and w/ more talent couldn't get us to the playoffs but he put up better fantasy #s!

Mark is going to start for Denver unless the rookie is ready.  Mark should have started for Philly last year, it's one of the reasons they stunk.

Sanchez is absolutely a better QB than Fitz...not sure it's even close.

23 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sanchez is only average at best. But he did play big in playoff games ( until the AFCCs) winning 4 playoff games. Fitzpatrick has never made it to the playoffs. He had the golden chance last game. Not sure if it was a classic choking under pressure or just weak arm catching up with him end of the season.. I do believe he wants to get there, he just can't for some reason. Does anyone know if fitz has history of choking in big games throughout career ? 

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Mark should have... Over who? Foles off of a big year. And Bradford who Chip traded for rather than start Mark who couldn't take a 6-2 team into the playoffs which you say is the only way to evaluate a Qb. Like in Fitz sucks because we won ten games and didn't make the playoffs. I guess it was ok for Mark then. As for lack of talent on the Eagles being another excuse for Sanchez. He had much more talent there than Fitz ever had with the mediocre teams like the Rams, Tenn, etc he played for. I don't hear any excuses for him by the haters on that. Ok for everybody else but for him including Geno which is a joke.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mark should have... Over who? Foles off of a big year. And Bradford who Chip traded for rather than start Mark who couldn't take a 6-2 team into the playoffs which you say is the only way to evaluate a Qb. Like in Fitz sucks because we won ten games and didn't make the playoffs. I guess it was ok for Mark then. As for lack of talent on the Eagles being another excuse for Sanchez. He had much more talent there than Fitz ever had with the mediocre teams like the Rams, Tenn, etc he played for. I don't hear any excuses for him by the haters on that. Ok for everybody else but for him including Geno which is a joke.

over Bradford not over Foles, Foles deserved to start in 2014 even though Mark outplayed him in camp then elevated the offense to peak efficiency under Chip Kelly after Foles got hurt.  He should have started last year but Bradford has everything you want in a QB physically, he just isn't there mentally and he tantalizes.  Chip got fired for that move.

where did I say the Eagles had a lack of talent? they had talent just not as much as what Fitz had last year and he led his O to more PPG.

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The rookie is a 7th round pick who was not even in the conversation last year. Another alibi for Sanchez. If Mark can't beat this guy out he can't beat out anyone. And if Denver believes in this kid why did Elway trade up to get Lynch. 

The rookie is a 7th round pick who was not even in the conversation last year. Another alibi for Sanchez. If Mark can't beat this guy out he can't beat out anyone. And if Denver believes in this kid why did Elway trade up to get Lynch. 

the rookie is the 1st rd pick this year, the other guy isn't winning the job. 

They didn't acquire mark to be the future of the franchise, they acquired him as vet insurance.  using that logic why did the Jets draft Petty last year after acquiring Fitz? why did they use a 2nd rd pick on a QB this year?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

the rookie is the 1st rd pick this year, the other guy isn't winning the job. 

They didn't acquire mark to be the future of the franchise, they acquired him as vet insurance.  using that logic why did the Jets draft Petty last year after acquiring Fitz? why did they use a 2nd rd pick on a QB this year?

Right now Kubiak is talking about Simien vs Mark for the starting job not Lynch. 

Right now Kubiak is talking about Simien vs Mark for the starting job not Lynch. 

it's mini camp, it would make no sense to anoint Mark the starter.  did we anoint Fitz the starter last year in a similar spot?

Just now, nyjunc said:

it's mini camp, it would make no sense to anoint Mark the starter.  did we anoint Fitz the starter last year in a similar spot?

He was injured last year at this time. And when he got back Geno got socked in the jaw. So there never really was a Qb competition in training camp.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was injured last year at this time. And when he got back Geno got socked in the jaw. So there never really was a Qb competition in training camp.

he wasn't injured, he was rehabbing.  mark was hurt too and playing hurt through mini camps.  

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He was rehabbing off of a broken leg or wasn't that an injury! 

what is your point? his availability for training camp was never in doubt.  why wouldn't they anoint the great one the starter?

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I dispute that we had more talent in 2015 than the Eagles had in 2014. They had 9 Pro Bowlers including 6 on offense. Including McCoy. We had one major change and that was Marshall. 

Archived