Does (did) your father have a favorite Jets player?

Sarge4Tide

My father was a baseball fan first. He grew up in Brooklyn so he was a Dodgers fan but became a Mets fan probably in their second year. So we watched a lot of Mets games on TV together. Unlike me he'd watch the Mets over football. But he was a Jets fan, too and I'd get tickets and we went to games at Shea along with my brother and those are great memories. 

My father didn't like Joe Willie.

Matter of fact he was at a Jet's party after they won the SB and was taking pictures of Joe Willie for me.

After about 5 photos up close with the flash on, Joe Willie says to my dad, "Will you stop taking so many damn pictures'?

My dad replied, "What's the matter, does it hurt your knees"?

True story.

4 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

My father didn't like Joe Willie.

Matter of fact he was at a Jet's party after they won the SB and was taking pictures of Joe Willie for me.

After about 5 photos up close with the flash on, Joe Willie says to my dad, "Will you stop taking so many damn pictures'?

My dad replied, "What's the matter, does it hurt your knees"?

True story.

Can you blame him?  I hope that wasnt the reason he didnt like him...

Joe Klecko

My dad had me wearing Klecko's jersey before I was even old enough to know who he was.

We also have a pretty epic picture of my brother arm wrestling Klecko for an ice cream cone at training camp.  My brother was the size of his arm.  

He hated Gastineau.

Archived