Congratulations Cleveland!!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Like the passion!

I was happy for two reasons last night.

Not a Curry fan.  I feel he's a cocky little pr*ck.  More cocky than LeBron.

Other reason is there is a rumor out there that if LeBron won it all for Cleveland, his next challenge may be to come and join his best buddy in NY to help him win a championship.

Granted it is a LONG, LONG, LONG shot.  But it is out there.

I share Knicks STs with 2 partners.  This happens, Knick tickets go through the roof.

They are in trade rumors with Chicago for Derrick Rose.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I completely lost respect for Curry. It's like he didn't even show up! 

He showed. Did you not see him trying to get them boys back in the game. It's hard to do anything when you are getting 3 fouls by the second for bullsh*t. I admit he could of went harder last night but he didn't just not show up. It's Klay Thompson who really didnt show. And I love Klay.

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I flipped for Jordan, there was the point where I knew I was watching the greatest player of any sport ever, and stopped caring the Knicks would never win a championship with him around. Because he was that great. That special. That amazing. 

Lebron James can Go **** Himself. 

mjvi0ol0s5i3c6ikolql.jpg

33 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Irving was not the best player on the floor.  What have you been watching?  Lebron scores 40 points back to back and lead all statistical categories for both teams and Kyrie was the best player?  You're out of your mind.

Lebron was garbage.  He was literally afraid to shoot the ball in game 7.  Yes he scored 40 back to back.  How many more shots did he take?  I saw him cry to the refs more in this series than I remember Jordan, Bird, or Magic complain combined.  GSW figured out how to eliminate Lebron and that is when the Green suspension and the officiating drastically changed.   Outside of the officiating, Irving was the reason they won.  Not Lebron who is too worried about being GM, coach, and point guard, than to just do his job and stop trying to get triple doubles just for the stats.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Lebron was garbage.  He was literally afraid to shoot the ball in game 7.  Yes he scored 40 back to back.  How many more shots did he take?  I saw him cry to the refs more in this series than I remember Jordan, Bird, or Magic complain combined.  GSW figured out how to eliminate Lebron and that is when the Green suspension and the officiating drastically changed.   Outside of the officiating, Irving was the reason they won.  Not Lebron who is too worried about being GM, coach, and point guard, than to just do his job and stop trying to get triple doubles just for the stats.

Yup

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why on earth would I care in any way that Cleveland ended their drought?  I could care less about Cleveland sports (is this a Cavs forum?), LeBron or NBA basketball in general.   Good for them I suppose, but I could give ****all about it, has nothing to do with us, the NFL or the Jets. 

Mods, please move this thread to it's proper location in the "Not the NFL/Jets Forum".  Thanks.

Yeah, it's taking away from all the Jets stuff going on right now.....

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Screw Cleveland. Why do I have to feel sorry for them?  I'm a Knicks fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Jets fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Mets fan, I barely remember the only Wold Series of my life.  

Good for them and whatever but **** off.  They're not the only ones suffering. haha

LeBron is a monster and that was some amazing sh*t he did over the last 3 games and I still hate him

Curry is a bitch.  Flat out.  Cant stand him.

Thank god game 7 delivered because the was the worst the championship series I've ever seen in my life.

you're such a pleasant soul. :)

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He showed. Did you not see him trying to get them boys back in the game. It's hard to do anything when you are getting 3 fouls by the second for bullsh*t. I admit he could of went harder last night but he didn't just not show up. It's Klay Thompson who really didnt show. And I love Klay.

Agreed. His bricks were Karma. He had really bad Karma going into last night. Blame the shoes or the wife your pick. 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Cool, so I can start posting off-topic stuff on the main board then too.  Excellent!

Sorry Chir, we have an off-topic forum for a reason, and threads on other cities winning NBA titles should really be in there, no in the Jets/NFL Forum.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maaaann.... Y'all are going to have to get off my back lol. Yeah, "my team".. Regardless of what anyone on the board says.

never.

Just like the now 35 year old "Bulls" fans all over the place. Where are those idiots now?  You'll be a 35 year old idiot one day too.  A

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cool, so I can start posting off-topic stuff on the main board then too.  Excellent!

Sorry Chir, we have an off-topic forum for a reason, and threads on other cities winning NBA titles should really be in there, no in the Jets/NFL Forum.

Hackenberg's got potential. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mets, Jets, Knicks, Islanders will do that to you..

yup.  That's me too.  But I'm old enough to have enjoyed the Knicks two championships in the Reed/Frazier/Bradley years, attended the 1969 world series against Baltimore, was there for Tom Seaver's nearly perfect game vs Cubs (Fock Jimmy Qualls, BTW), and attended Jets games since 1966.  Also was there for multiple Islander playoff games during the 5-year "drive for Five" (fock Gretsky and the Edmonton Oilers BTW).  Bossy lived in my neighborhood for a while too.   You might have been born just a decade or two too late.

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am so happy for the people and the fans of Cleveland.  

I saw real happiness from those Clevland players and those fans and that is what sports is all about.  

So thank you Clevland.  

Reminded me of NYC circa 1994 NY Rangers.  My GF is from Cleveland so she and the kids were so psyched.

Now on to a JETS Superbowl.

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am so happy for the people and the fans of Cleveland.  

I saw real happiness from those Clevland players and those fans and that is what sports is all about.  

So thank you Clevland.  

Me too CB - great series. Irving was the difference but glad for LBJ who left in all on the floor last night. 

Selfishly happy as it stops all the talk about GS being better than the Jordan Bulls - but also for James.

He is not without his warts but there are FAR bigger strokes than he in this game and others.

12 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

never.

Just like the now 35 year old "Bulls" fans all over the place. Where are those idiots now?  You'll be a 35 year old idiot one day too.  A

Nah, not me buddy. I enjoy watching those boys play no matter who is on the team. If they lost Curry and Klay right now I would still watch them. This is the team that caught my eye has I heavily got interested in the sport and I'll ride with them through every loss and win just like I will with the Jets. Only thing is I been doing it with the Jets since I was a toddler. I didn't get into basketball until later in life.

17 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Dude.  Lebron took the team on his back during the 4th quarter last night.  The block when it was tied 89-89 might be one of the greatest plays in finals history.  Stop trying to diminish his greatness.  If Lebron was not on this team, the Cavs wouldve been swept. 

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yes ... the earth shattering news is more than a human can stand .. needed a break ..

19 minutes ago, Pcola said:

If Lebron was garbage this series then everyone else on the court was hot garbage.  The guy had a triple double last night yet you say he was garbage.  Made one of the best hustle plays that I can remember yesterday but he is garbage to you.  Give me a break.  

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who cares?  It's a hot topic right now.  This thread will be gone within a day or two so let it ride.  Are you the mod?  Stop trying to play police of this forum.  

6 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

If Lebron was garbage this series then everyone else on the court was hot garbage.  The guy had a triple double last night yet you say he was garbage.  Made one of the best hustle plays that I can remember yesterday but he is garbage to you.  Give me a break.  

He has a triple double every game. He literally has to. The points don't get spread out enough between players because his team isn't THAT good. You have Love who is elite at grabbing rebounds but sucks at everything else. JR Smith who shoots bad look after bad look. Guy would shoot it from out of bounds if you let him. Their starting five isn't nearly as good as OKC, Golden State, Spurs. The eastern division is really weak... It's all about how many super stars you have on your team in the NBA it's different from the NFL. But Iriving and James is obviously enough to pull it off.

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Sorry, not sure of your age - was it Run TMC that got you into the Warriors? Because Mitch and Mullin and Webber were great, but Hardaway is also a major c*ck. Liking him would make you suspect as well. Lol!:P

They would have been swept without Irving as well.  They would have lost in 5 without the NBA league office.  It is what it is.  Talent to me is being able to create space with your speed and dribbling ability and shooting.  

Not use your size advantage to initiate contact and flop.  Then cry to the refs that guys much smaller then you are preventing you from scoring.  

I know a poster here calls CuMart the compiler.  No other professional athlete fits that name more than Lebron.  Jordan's team would destroy the current Cavs team despite Lebron having a very superior supporting cast.  

Also talking trash to a guy 5 inches shorter than you because you blocked his shot makes you look like a punk.  

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

They would have been swept without Irving as well.  They would have lost in 5 without the NBA league office.  It is what it is.  Talent to me is being able to create space with your speed and dribbling ability and shooting.  

Not use your size advantage to initiate contact and flop.  Then cry to the refs that guys much smaller then you are preventing you from scoring.  

I know a poster here calls CuMart the compiler.  No other professional athlete fits that name more than Lebron.  Jordan's team would destroy the current Cavs team despite Lebron having a very superior supporting cast.  

Not even a superior cast lol. I seen the real series finals and it was before game 5. Before the Warriors started getting fouled out left and right. Wonder why??

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not even a superior cast lol. I seen the real series finals and it was before game 5. Before the Warriors started getting fouled out left and right. Wonder why??

This series was about Nike versus Under Armour.  UA had a lot of momentum and was outselling Nike basketball shoes.  So I think it was a combination of making Lebron look like the under dog and having them come back and win to save his legacy, saving the Jordan led Bulls legacy, and a butt load of $$ changing hands from Nike.

Watching last nights game, it was obvious early on.  GS goes up by 7, the whistles start blowing.  Then the Cavs go up by 8, and the refs let them play.  2 minutes later, game tied, whistles blowing again.  There was one shot wher KThom literally got knocked down, no whistle.  Lebron gets a phantom swipe from Green and a suspension is handed down.  

Pior Cleveland.  Now Lebron will opt out and go to another team.  His ego won't allow for KD to be the #1 free agent.  Lebron better hope KD doesn't go to GS.

15 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Also talking trash to a guy 5 inches shorter than you because you blocked his shot makes you look like a punk.  

How about when Curry got ejected in game 6 or when Klay Thompson walked off the court early in game 6?  Those were real punk moves.  Talkin smack is a part of the game and everyone does it.  

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

This series was about Nike versus Under Armour.  UA had a lot of momentum and was outselling Nike basketball shoes.  So I think it was a combination of making Lebron look like the under dog and having them come back and win to save his legacy, saving the Jordan led Bulls legacy, and a butt load of $$ changing hands from Nike.

Watching last nights game, it was obvious early on.  GS goes up by 7, the whistles start blowing.  Then the Cavs go up by 8, and the refs let them play.  2 minutes later, game tied, whistles blowing again.  There was one shot wher KThom literally got knocked down, no whistle.  Lebron gets a phantom swipe from Green and a suspension is handed down.  

Pior Cleveland.  Now Lebron will opt out and go to another team.  His ego won't allow for KD to be the #1 free agent.  Lebron better hope KD doesn't go to GS.

Curry was rocking Under Amour because Nike wouldn't let him celebrate God on his sneakers. Curry CLEAN stripped the ball out of Kyries hand and got called for a reach in and then clean stole the ball from LeBron after that and got fouled out. I would of threw my mouth piece too! Herd you are, it's game 6 you are the best player on your team and your trying to close out the series and the refs are BS-ing you. Yeah I'd be pissed. Every team Golden State went up there was some kind of turnover due to a penalty. Golden State NEVER plays the sloppy. I hope KD goes to golden state and they beat the sh*t out of them boys next year. They won, whatever, I won't be salty but man.... that team is NOT NEARLY as good as Golden State of the 95/96 Bulls. Tbh speaking of KD.. I don't even think they are better than OKC Thunder. They are the ones that game Curry a hard time without the referees

Archived