Jump to content

Christian Hackenberg called best "prospect" in 2016


Jet Nut
 Share

Recommended Posts

Trent Dilfer knows about as much as f*cking Ron Jaworski, which is ZILCHO. They are a couple hacks that talk just to hear themselves speak during draft time. They have ZERO personal knowledge or insight into who the next great QB is. Posting this article is completely f^cking useless. 

  • Thumb Down 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2016 at 4:03 PM, JiF said:

I remember when he was the best prospect in the land, long before anyone knew who Goff, Wentz or Lynch were in on the radar.

 

I knew about Hack and Goff from high school and the Elite 11.  Wentz caught my eye two years ago but up until last year I always viewed him only as a guy who could sneak into the 1st but should be a second round pick.  I won't rewrite my beliefs on Lynch though, I never had him on my radar before mid-season this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Trent Dilfer knows about as much as f*cking Ron Jaworski, which is ZILCHO. They are a couple hacks that talk just to hear themselves speak during draft time. They have ZERO personal knowledge or insight into who the next great QB is. Posting this article is completely f^cking useless. 

Trent Dilfer, for all his own flaws as a passer and a player, runs the Elite 11 QB Academy and has worked with and has had a hand in helping develop many of the upcoming QB's we have in the league today when they were younger.  Unlike Fat Jaws,  Dilfer knows a good amount about actual QB development and QB prospects.  He's worked up close with guys like Matthew Stafford, DeShaun Watson (who looks like he's going to be the #1 pick next year.), Andrew Luck, Teddy Bridgewater, Shea Patterson  (who is looking like he will be the next big thing in college ball when Jim Kelly's kid is gone), Jameis Winston, blah blah blah the list goes on.  Jaws, on the other hand, put Kaepernick into the hall of fame not too long ago.  There is a HUGE difference on their knowledge when it comes to evaluating these kids.

As usual, you're wrong.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Trent Dilfer, for all his own flaws as a passer and a player, runs the Elite 11 QB Academy and has worked with and has had a hand in helping develop many of the upcoming QB's we have in the league today when they were younger.  Unlike Fat Jaws,  Dilfer knows a good amount about actual QB development and QB prospects.  He's worked up close with guys like Matthew Stafford, DeShaun Watson (who looks like he's going to be the #1 pick next year.), Andrew Luck, Teddy Bridgewater, Shea Patterson  (who is looking like he will be the next big thing in college ball when Jim Kelly's kid is gone), Jameis Winston, blah blah blah the list goes on.  Jaws, on the other hand, put Kaepernick into the hall of fame not too long ago.  There is a HUGE difference on their knowledge when it comes to evaluating these kids.

As usual, you're wrong.

Ha Ha Ha thew elite 11 QB academy?! What kind of drugs are you on? Elite 11 QB academy my A$$. He's done NOTHING to assist in developing the ANY QB, and if he did in fact do ANYTHING like what you're saying, he would have been hired as a QB coach by an NFL team. So as usual, you're talking through your A$$.

  • Thumb Down 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, I'm sure he'd give up his $3MM analyst salary to become a NFL QB coach for about $100k a year.

Not to mention he's only responsible for his own performance, with no risk of a QB sucking and having his QBC take the blame for it, having an OC or the blocking have hands in bad plays that make his coached-up QB look bad/worse; nor getting thrown out with the bathwater whenever there's a coaching change and have to sell his home and move like when he was a player. Oh yeah, and he has the most casual job, where he just gets into a suit in a climate-controlled TV set/studio at ESPN, gets to sound off on anything he feels like and have millions of people hear it instead of just the 4 people in the QB film room with him, and on top of all that he gets paid a multiple of what the best QBC in the game could hope to get. 

Might as well sound off with an, "Oh yeah? Well if Chip Kelly is such a QB/offense guru how come he isn't a QBC or OC?" 

Also you suck, Pats cheat, Brady cheats and sucks dick, etc.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to mention he's only responsible for his own performance, with no risk of a QB sucking and having his QBC take the blame for it, having an OC or the blocking have hands in bad plays that make his coached-up QB look bad/worse; nor getting thrown out with the bathwater whenever there's a coaching change and have to sell his home and move like when he was a player. Oh yeah, and he has the most casual job, where he just gets into a suit in a climate-controlled TV set/studio at ESPN, gets to sound off on anything he feels like and have millions of people hear it instead of just the 4 people in the QB film room with him, and on top of all that he gets paid a multiple of what the best QBC in the game could hope to get. 

Might as well sound off with an, "Oh yeah? Well if Chip Kelly is such a QB/offense guru how come he isn't a QBC or OC?" 

Also you suck, Pats cheat, Brady cheats and sucks dick, etc.

Excellent post until your last sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, I'm sure he'd give up his $3MM analyst salary to become a NFL QB coach for about $100k a year.

So you believe he's done all the things that Mogglez claims? He's truly a talent when it comes to evaluating talent amongst QB's. He can develop a QB into a successful career unlike other QB coaches in the league?

If he's as good as you claim he is, some NFL team would gladly match his salary or beat it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not to mention he's only responsible for his own performance, with no risk of a QB sucking and having his QBC take the blame for it, having an OC or the blocking have hands in bad plays that make his coached-up QB look bad/worse; nor getting thrown out with the bathwater whenever there's a coaching change and have to sell his home and move like when he was a player. Oh yeah, and he has the most casual job, where he just gets into a suit in a climate-controlled TV set/studio at ESPN, gets to sound off on anything he feels like and have millions of people hear it instead of just the 4 people in the QB film room with him, and on top of all that he gets paid a multiple of what the best QBC in the game could hope to get. 

Might as well sound off with an, "Oh yeah? Well if Chip Kelly is such a QB/offense guru how come he isn't a QBC or OC?" 

Also you suck, Pats cheat, Brady cheats and sucks dick, etc.

If Chip Kelly is so smart why is he a coach and not an analyst? 

That said, I really like Dilfer, and Tim Hasselbeck. Seems like they really know what they're talking about. Kind of makes you feel bad that they didn't have the skills to get more out of their brains...you know besides all the money cushy jobs and the fame that they do have...They should feel bad for me now that I think about it. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2016 at 8:13 PM, fltflo said:

Just a thought about QB coaches who can do both the X's and O's as well as the mechanical side of the position.

I honestly think a former Jets QB is perfect for that job, Chad Pennington.

Wish he would consider taking a coaching job with the Jets working with the young kids.

What do you folks think?

Pennington's father was a coach, Pennington has said he would never be a coach.

With that said, Pennington is a QB instructor with  T E S T Sports.  Under the CBA the QB's coach really has so little time with these young raw QB's.  If both Petty, and Hackenberg were smart they would hire Penny as their personal off season QB trainer.  Maybe he'll give them a 2 for 1 deal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pennington's father was a coach, Pennington has said he would never be a coach.

With that said, Pennington is a QB instructor with  T E S T Sports.  Under the CBA the QB's coach really has so little time with these young raw QB's.  If both Petty, and Hackenberg were smart they would hire Penny as their personal off season QB trainer.  Maybe he'll give them a 2 for 1 deal 

Interesting,wasn't aware that Penny ever said he never wanted to coach. Yet, if he is acting as a "instructor" then he is doing just what a coach does, teaches!

I would hope that someone close to him would tell him that it's a waste of his God given talent, to not use it.

Penny has an excellent knowledge of the game and of the position and could really help our young QB's.

If Mac were smart he would invite Penny to work with these guys in training camp at the very least. One could only hope he would get the bug and reconsider becoming a QB's coach, hopefully for the Jets.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

Pennington's father was a coach, Pennington has said he would never be a coach.

With that said, Pennington is a QB instructor with  T E S T Sports.  Under the CBA the QB's coach really has so little time with these young raw QB's.  If both Petty, and Hackenberg were smart they would hire Penny as their personal off season QB trainer.  Maybe he'll give them a 2 for 1 deal 

Pennington coaches high school in west Virginia now

 

I imagine he can't not be 50x better Qb coach than Schittenheimer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Pennington coaches high school in west Virginia now

 

I imagine he can't not be 50x better Qb coach than Schittenheimer

Unless he's upgraded in the last year , Pennington coaches middle school kids at a  private  school in Kentucky.   Think it's called The Lexington School.  

Bit different then coaching in the NFL, NCAA or even a high profile HS in Florida, or Texas.  The guy he replaced was a Spanish teacher.  Hell I coached Pop Warner kids for years.  Don't really consider myself a coach.

Think what he was referring to was the stress and pressure of coaching a high profile team.  Even what he's doing at T E S T isn't the same as coaching a high pressure team.  He has the guys for a few weeks, collects his check, and is done with them.  No pressure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2016 at 1:57 AM, Mainejet said:

Ha Ha Ha thew elite 11 QB academy?! What kind of drugs are you on? Elite 11 QB academy my A$$. He's done NOTHING to assist in developing the ANY QB, and if he did in fact do ANYTHING like what you're saying, he would have been hired as a QB coach by an NFL team. So as usual, you're talking through your A$$.

1.  I have no idea why you are discrediting the academy since it's one of the best programs in the nation for high school QB's, if not THE best. As head coach of that Academy, he absolutely has had his hands in developing the kids.

2. As TX already pointed out to you, he's making 3mil to sit back and talk football. He's not leaving that for peanuts in the NFL.

On 6/27/2016 at 10:18 AM, Mainejet said:

So you believe he's done all the things that Mogglez claims? He's truly a talent when it comes to evaluating talent amongst QB's. He can develop a QB into a successful career unlike other QB coaches in the league?

If he's as good as you claim he is, some NFL team would gladly match his salary or beat it. 

Not only are you completely exaggerating what I said, but no NFL team is giving a QB coach/scout 3mil per year. You are absolutely out of your mind if you believe that. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think he was called the best prospect, just the most under-rated.  And it might ring true, because it's really hard to decipher with the team around him, and the horrible offensive system he played in.  Sometimes the system just saps guys out of it because it's just configured wrong.  I doubt anyone would take him over Goff in their right mind, but he does offer potential that could pay off big time.  

One example, Russel Westbrook basically sat on the bench his freshman year, and then put up a 12/4/4 line at UCLA.  This guy, physically might just be the most unstoppable guy in the sport, and he was a mediocre at best guy in college.  Ofcourse, for every Westbrook, there are tons of guys that fall on their face as well, so it can go the other way as well.

I'm not big on Hackenberg, but he definitely does have some potential.  It'd be interesting to see how he improves in terms of mechanics, especially his footwork.  If he does better with his leading foot and hip rotation, it could click for him.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:53 PM, Mogglez said:

1.  I have no idea why you are discrediting the academy since it's one of the best programs in the nation for high school QB's, if not THE best. As head coach of that Academy, he absolutely has had his hands in developing the kids.

2. As TX already pointed out to you, he's making 3mil to sit back and talk football. He's not leaving that for peanuts in the NFL.

Not only are you completely exaggerating what I said, but no NFL team is giving a QB coach/scout 3mil per year. You are absolutely out of your mind if you believe that. 

Do I need to repeat myself? Once again, if he is as good as you claim he is, money would be no object. EVERY team in the NFL is dying to have that next Peyton Manning on their team. That's common sense, dingbat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Do I need to repeat myself? Once again, if he is as good as you claim he is, money would be no object. EVERY team in the NFL is dying to have that next Peyton Manning on their team. That's common sense, dingbat.

No you don't need to repeat yourself. Your "point" (if you can even call it that) was stupid enough the first time.  I'll repeat myself though since your still struggling to grasp something so basic.

1.  No one is giving a QB coach 3mil a year and Dilfer isn't leaving a comfy analyst job with minimal work. Again, if you believe this, you're out of your mind.

2.  You also need to learn to how to read, go back, look at my posts again, and try to get a grasp of whats actually being stated if your claiming that I said he was "that good" in any way, shape, or form.  

You completely over-exaggerated everything dingbat.  You somehow managed to interpret: "Dilfer kinda knows what he's talking about when it comes to college QB prospects and QB's in general" as "You said that he's the second coming of Jesus when it comes to QB evaluation and if that were true any team would abandon all common sense and give him more than 3mil a year to work with their QB's as a QB coach."

Seriously, you need to get a grasp of basic reading skills before you debate someone and start throwing words like "dingbat" around. It's not a good look if you don't understand a damn thing being said.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...