Do Jets fear buyer's remorse with potential Mo Wilkerson deal?

Gas2No99

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Mangini wasn't the coach during the 2005, you fool.  Vilma was good his first two years when he had a decent DL in front of him.  Thanks for proving my point, idiot.

Vilma was a good 4-3 LB'er once Mangini put in the 3-4 in 2006 he wasn't as good but the 2006 Defense was the best of Mangini's 3 years they were ranked 6th compared to 19th and 18th his 2007-2008 years..

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

By the way, Dewayne Robertson wasn't good and he was especially awful as a NT in the 3-4.  Pouha wasn't good under Mangini, either.  He broke out under Rex.  Abraham was gone by the time Mangini was here and Bryan Thomas was a LB under Mangini.  The DL stunk under Mangini until Kris Jenkins was acquired in 2008.  In 2006 and 2007, they got thrown around like rag dolls.  

Mangini got rid of both Abe and Mawae when he came in 2006..

33 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The Pats have let All Pro and Pro Bowl players go like Seymour,Ty Law,Lawyer Milloy,Adam Vinatieri and this year traded DE Jones another Pro Bowler.. Your point was only the dumb Jets franchise does it..:rolleyes:

Oh, this again....You've probably tried making this point a half dozen other times this offseason. For maybe the 7th+ time this offseason - of that group exactly one (1) player was under the 30 in the bunch and he happens to be - far and away - the least of them in the grand scheme of a career (aka the only one who wasn't/isn't on a HOF track B););)). 

This second rate, hapless franchise dumped Revis, Abe, and maybe Wilkerson at 27. One went on to reestablish the Pats' defense and help them to yet another SB win, sealing his HOF resume. The other has most of a HOF resume after lasting nearly another decade but not lacks the team success or general good will/popularity to make it. Moo-ham-med the turr....??

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

BS. Complete and total BS. The 2005 team had John Abraham (multiple pro bowls), Shaun Ellis (2 tie pro bowler), Sione Pouha, Dewayne Robertson, and Bryan Thomas. PLEASE pull your head out of your A$$ before you start trying to debate me.

Yeah and D-Rob wad unblockable.  Just ask him.  

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? Both teams played a 3-4 base and the first team failed miserably with a smallish type linebacker. Darron Lee has almost the identical build to Jon Vilma, both played at big time colleges with pro style schemes, and both play in a 3-4 base defense.

I believe Darron Lee will ultimately be reintroduced as a Safety or the CS will switch their base to a 4-3. The latter makes the most sense. They have a plethora of talent along the DL, it would make sense to utilize a 4 man front to incorporate all of their defensive lineman. That would also play into what Darron Lee is built to play. He's the smallish, run sideline to sideline kind of player.

The only thing is Todd Bowles is either too stubborn or too dumb, I'm really not sure what it is? He completely REFUSED to play a 4-3 in his first season in NY. But if he remains so rigid in his beliefs? He's going to find himself fired.

My point was I thought Vilma bloomed once they started offering bounties in New Orleans.  Thought Lee would benefit from the same thing here.  I hope they fireBowles if he is too dumb or stubborn to do it .  

I still couldn't have less clue what your point is and I'm not sure you do either. Yes big guy, teams let players go. Beyond that there's no comparison here. 

I understand these posts are born from butthurt over an offseason of incompetence on your end THO. This damned Moo-ham-meds done tryn take the minimal glory of your :wub::wub::wub: from the 70s and 80s and you take great personal offense to that. I got you bro, vent away!

It's a great point by Savage.

Winning organizations know when to get rid of a player, and receive value in return, and not over paying by caving into player demands.

Losing organizations have no clue.

Look no further to the Jones/Mo situation. Pats walked away with a starter and a 2nd round draft pick.

Jets are paying Mo $15.7MM this year and he will walk away next year and the Jets will receive absolutely nothing in return.

The point made by Savage was dead on.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Take off your green-colored glasses and then it will sink in.

Yawn-GIF_2.gif?gs=a

There's no reason the Jets can't structure a contract with Wilkerson that locks him through his age 29 season in the end. Maybe they can even squeeze in age 30, but I'm fine with 29.

5 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Is Bowles switching to a 4-3 base this year?

You know very well that Bowles (like Rex) plays multiple formations, including both 3 and 4 man fronts.  People act like there would be no place for all of Wilk, Richardson, Mo along with the NT and others.  They would rotate.  Its not about  whether or not there is a place for them all, just about the dineros.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

By the way, Dewayne Robertson wasn't good and he was especially awful as a NT in the 3-4.  Pouha wasn't good under Mangini, either.  He broke out under Rex.  Abraham was gone by the time Mangini was here and Bryan Thomas was a LB under Mangini.  The DL stunk under Mangini until Kris Jenkins was acquired in 2008.  In 2006 and 2007, they got thrown around like rag dolls.  

thanks for saving me the time to correct all of the inaccuracies in this buffoon's argument.  There are more things completely wrong than right in everything he posts.  

You know very well that Bowles (like Rex) plays multiple formations, including both 3 and 4 man fronts.  People act like there would be no place for all of Wilk, Richardson, Mo along with the NT and others.  They would rotate.  Its not about  whether or not there is a place for them all, just about the dineros.

I do know that.

And it is up to Bowles to put Lee into the best situation to maximize his abilities.

And that situation is not staying in his 3-4 base.

Jets now have some speedy, young LB's who would thrive in a 4-3.

Let's see if Bowles will continue to put a square peg in a round hole.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I do know that.

And it is up to Bowles to put Lee into the best situation to maximize his abilities.

And that situation is not staying in his 3-4 base.

Jets now have some speedy, young LB's who would thrive in a 4-3.

Let's see if Bowles will continue to put a square peg in a round hole.

I wouldn't call what Bowles did last season "putting a square peg in a round hole".  He played multiple fronts but it was primarily a 3-4.  THe problem with a 4-3 for the Jets is obvious.... namelyone very slow David Harrison.  In a 4-3, Harrison is utterly useless.  I expect mostly 3-4 this year, Harrison's last as a Jet.  But Bowles will find plenty of play making opportunities for Lee.  This will be the transition year at LB.  

I wouldn't call what Bowles did last season "putting a square peg in a round hole".  He played multiple fronts but it was primarily a 3-4.  THe problem with a 4-3 for the Jets is obvious.... namelyone very slow David Harrison.  In a 4-3, Harrison is utterly useless.  I expect mostly 3-4 this year, Harrison's last as a Jet.  But Bowles will find plenty of play making opportunities for Lee.  This will be the transition year at LB.  

Who is David Harrison?

Jets pick up a LB I don't know about?

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Who is David Harrison?

Jets pick up a LB I don't know about?

LOL!  Damned phone auto correct . Of course I mean Harris. One of my employees is named Harrison and I type to her so often that my phone thinks  if I start Harr...  it should be Harrison

LOL!  Damned phone auto correct . Of course I mean Harris. One of my employees is named Harrison and I type to her so often that my phone thinks  if I start Harr...  it should be Harrison

It's all good DCat.

BTW, what's your opinion on the Pats trade of Chandler Johnson?

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Mangini wasn't the coach during the 2005, you fool.  Vilma was good his first two years when he had a decent DL in front of him.  Thanks for proving my point, idiot.

SAME players the following year you dingbat. Herm was the HC in 2005 and Vilma was a very good player, THEN. The following season Mangini came to town and Vilma SUCKED. Thanks for proving MY point you moron. So once again WRONG.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

It's all good DCat.

BTW, what's your opinion on the Pats trade of Chandler Johnson?

haha

THe trade made sense considering they weren't going to pay him and they decided that Jamie Collins was the one who ought to be kept from that draft.  Or should I call him James Colon?

As far as im concerned the damage is done.  There is bad blood.  Mo is never playing for the jets next year.  

Let him go hes a dickhead and weve got the other two

Why is Mo a dickhead?

He's a young, top 3 DLineman in the NFL who is currently playing on his rookie contract. Did you expect him to give up millions of dollars just to remain with the Jets?

If their are any dickheads in all of this, it's Mac and the Jets FO, who had a boatload of cash last year, and failed to extend him when the had the necessary resources.

haha

THe trade made sense considering they weren't going to pay him and they decided that Jamie Collins was the one who ought to be kept from that draft.  Or should I call him James Colon?

Pats have to resign Collins at all cost, and I think they will.

They also need to resign Hightower.

Butler could be the odd man out in all of this.

No way they extend all three.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Why is Mo a dickhead?

He's a young, top 3 DLineman in the NFL who is currently playing on his rookie contract. Did you expect him to give up millions of dollars just to remain with the Jets?

If their are any dickheads in all of this, it's Mac and the Jets FO, who had a boatload of cash last year, and failed to extend him when the had the necessary resources.

Youre right last year was the time but whining through the media annoys me

Wait you were clamoring about not overpaying people now u would overpay mo

I didn't say that at all.

The Jets had the opportunity to wrap him up last year for $90-$100MM, which would have been a steal given today's market conditions for DLinemen.

If he has a good year this upcoming season, some team will offer him $125MM+ for his services.

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

SAME players the following year you dingbat. Herm was the HC in 2005 and Vilma was a very good player, THEN. The following season Mangini came to town and Vilma SUCKED. Thanks for proving MY point you moron. So once again WRONG.

You keep digging your hole.  First you thought Mangini was the coach in 2005 and now you're telling me the Jets had the same players in 2006 (the Jets traded their best DL after the 2005 season, you dingbat).  DRob was an AWFUL NT.  The line was not stout against the run.  They gave up 130.6 yards/game on a 4.6 average.  They were swiss cheese.  That pathetic front couldn't keep guys off of Vilma.  

No one will touch Lee with this DL.  The fact that you can't see the difference between this DL and the 2006 DL is telling.  The best guy on that line -- Shaun Ellis -- would be a backup on this team.  The rest of them wouldn't even make this team.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Methinks we need a pic of this Harrison you are always sexting to at work!

43 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I didn't say that at all.

The Jets had the opportunity to wrap him up last year for $90-$100MM, which would have been a steal given today's market conditions for DLinemen.

If he has a good year this upcoming season, some team will offer him $125MM+ for his services.

Regardless, I still think it never would have been in the jets best interests to wrap Mo up longterm. It is pretty obvious that Sheldon has a better motor and is a better player than Wilk, except Wilkerson has a much cleaner track record. Sheldon seems to have matured and now with Williams up and coming there is no point to have 3 run stuffing DE's (with Wilk making 17 mill a year).

I think best case scenario is getting another good year out of Mo and actually moving him the next season. Obviously a 1st round pick would be awesome, but I would take a 2nd or even a couple of 3rds or something to just get some value for a player who we can't afford to pay. The other team gives up a 2nd but then has to commit all that money to him so I think it ends up being fair on both sides... Even if some here think Mo is worth a 1st round pick

8 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

You keep digging your hole.  First you thought Mangini was the coach in 2005 and now you're telling me the Jets had the same players in 2006 (the Jets traded their best DL after the 2005 season, you dingbat).  DRob was an AWFUL NT.  The line was not stout against the run.  They gave up 130.6 yards/game on a 4.6 average.  They were swiss cheese.  That pathetic front couldn't keep guys off of Vilma.  

No one will touch Lee with this DL.  The fact that you can't see the difference between this DL and the 2006 DL is telling.  The best guy on that line -- Shaun Ellis -- would be a backup on this team.  The rest of them wouldn't even make this team.

Ellis would be a backup? What a crock of SH*T. So what you're telling me is the Jets DL back in 2006 couldn't keep guys off Vilma and therefore he played awful. And so Tanny/Mangini traded VILMA to another team?! If it's the way you say. Then WHY didn't they acquire better DLinemen and keep their very young linebacker (3 years in the league) that was a stud he was NOT playing in a 3-4? That makes ZERO sense and yet you claim it is the truth? Please go back to bed. I hope you don't hurt yourself coming up with your next line of BS.

I think best case scenario is getting another good year out of Mo and actually moving him the next season. Obviously a 1st round pick would be awesome, but I would take a 2nd or even a couple of 3rds or something to just get some value for a player who we can't afford to pay. The other team gives up a 2nd but then has to commit all that money to him so I think it ends up being fair on both sides... Even if some here think Mo is worth a 1st round pick

Seriously??

What team out there would give up a 1st, 2nd or a couple of 3rds and THEN sign him to a $100MM+ contract?.

The Jets are in a no-win situation. They either sign Mo to a long term contract by July 25th, or he walks away next year to the highest bidder.

The Jets would receive absolutely nothing in return.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Seriously??

What team out there would give up a 1st, 2nd or a couples of 3rds and THEN sign him to a $100MM+ contract.

The Jets are in a no-win situation. They either sign Mo to a long term contract by July 25th, or he walks away next year to the highest bidder.

The Jets would receive absolutely nothing in return.

Hahaha my post was poorly worded or misread. I would obvi love a first, but I would take a 2nd (only a 2nd, a separate deal than getting a first), or a couple of 3rds (again an entirely separate deal), just to get something for him. We technically can tag him again unless we negotiate that we can't in order to get him to report to camp

Hahaha my post was poorly worded or misread. I would obvi love a first, but I would take a 2nd (only a 2nd, a separate deal than getting a first), or a couple of 3rds (again an entirely separate deal), just to get something for him. We technically can tag him again unless we negotiate that we can't in order to get him to report to camp

Mo will be an unrestricted FA after next season.

No team will trade anything for him.

The time to trade him has passed. Jets should have moved him prior to slapping him with the franchise tag.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Mo will be an unrestricted FA after next season.

No team will trade anything for him.

The time to trade him has passed. Jets should have moved him prior to slapping him with the franchise tag.

Hey TX its Sunday night isn't it time for your weekly bubble bath. 

Archived