GD, I love this F&CKING TEAM!!!!

Mainejet

I'm trashed right now. Drinking a NEWCASTLE variety Pack and enjoying myself. Just finished up a very hard week at the shipyard. WTH, right??? Anyway, you may think based on negative posts and all that garbage you goons spew that I am some sort of (insert name here), but TRUST ME, I am a Jets fan through and through. I love this this team and have just about as long as I can remember.

So what's YOUR story?

When did you ever feel that almost emotional attachments to the ups & downs of the team?

When that injury bug chewed us up and spit us out in 1986? I cried as a teenager. I used to watch the games with my old man, just a couple of buddies excited to see the same thing happen. My old man was a Namath fan. LOVED the guarantee that he so eloquently followed through with. Since my father died in front of me when I was 13, all I have ever wanted is to see is this team win it all......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, j4jets said:

Shoot me. Does it even matter? 

Listen..... I know you are trying to antagonize me.... You know how I feel about the Darron Lee pick. Goes without saying. However, I am not going there. For just once, I am going to stay away from the negative and focus (with all my heart, I might add) on the POSITIVE.....

6 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I'm trashed right now. Drinking a NEWCASTLE variety Pack and enjoying myself. Just finished up a very hard week at the shipyard. WTH, right??? Anyway, you may think based on negative posts and all that garbage you goons spew that I am some sort of (insert name here), but TRUST ME, I am a Jets fan through and through. I love this this team and have just about as long as I can remember.

So what's YOUR story?

When did you ever feel that almost emotional attachments to the ups & downs of the team?

When that injury bug chewed us up and spit us out in 1986? I cried as a teenager. I used to watch the games with my old man, just a couple of buddies excited to see the same thing happen. My old man was a Namath fan. LOVED the guarantee that he so eloquently followed through with. Since my father died in front of me when I was 13, all I have ever wanted is to see is this team win it all......

I remember crying as a portly husky pants wearing little boy seeing Namath in a Rams uniform.  My grandmother made me some cookies and told me it would be ok.  She lied.  It wasn't .  

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I remember crying as a portly husky pants wearing little boy seeing Namath in a Rams uniform.  My grandmother made me some cookies and told me it would be ok.  She lied.  It wasn't .  

When the Jets lost in double overtime in Cleveland after having a 10 point lead, I was reduced to tears. I just could not believe it.

6 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Enjoy your Newcastle while you can. The TV told me that the UK is now a post apocalyptic wasteland. Good news for the Jaguars is the games at Wembley will now have more of a hometown feel.

Newcastle is the very best beer on the planet as far as I am concerned. If GOD is a beer drinker? He's drinking NEWCASTLE. If I ever become an alcoholic, it will be because of Newcastle....

7 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Listen..... I know you are trying to antagonize me.... You know how I feel about the Darron Lee pick. Goes without saying. However, I am not going there. For just once, I am going to stay away from the negative and focus (with all my heart, I might add) on the POSITIVE.....

No, I was just trying to derail the discussion. But glad you can see some positive as well. 

9 hours ago, Mainejet said:

So what's YOUR story?

Hey Maine, you're a pleasant drunk just because you didn't tell these &@"46?/-?bleeps what you really think of them. You know the doom and gloom crew who think we're going to lose our first 7 games. If you were as angry as them with that Newcastle inside you'd be spewing hate and negativity the way they do. Anyways you know how to choose your beer, I love that stuff. I used to go to Jets games at Shea with my dad and my brother. Now I sometimes go with him when he's in town. The dude lives in 3 different places. We are going to win in 2016 so don't listen to any goofball who says otherwise. And we have a better chance to win with Fitz. No guarantees but there never is. Hopefully our owner and FO doesn't screw this one up because we have a good team.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Hey Maine, you're a pleasant drunk just because you didn't tell these &@"46?/-?bleeps what you really think of them. You know the doom and gloom crew who think we're going to lose our first 7 games. If you were as angry as them with that Newcastle inside you'd be spewing hate and negativity the way you do. Anyways you know how to choose your beer, I love that stuff. I used to go to Jets games at Shea with my dad and my brother. Now I sometimes go with him when he's in town. The dude lives in 3 different places. We are going to win in 2016 so don't listen to any goofball who says otherwise. And we have a better chance to win with Fitz. No guarantees but there never is. Hopefully our owner and FO doesn't screw this one up because we have a good team.

Newcastle is sh*t and has more formaldehyde in it than an embalmed corpse. Jets are going 6-10. 

44 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Actually, I like Newcastle, but I like Guinness draft better. Great with fried fish and French fries, and I don't mean small ones.

Oh, I like Guinness also, but much prefer Newcastle to the point if both are on tap, I will always go for Newcastle. If they don't have Newcastle, I always look for Smithwick's on tap also. That's another great beer. But it's only a tap beer. It tastes like sh*t if you buy it in the bottle.

47 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You live in Maine, where some of the best beer in New England is made, and you are drinking Newcastle? A beer that uses food dyes to look like beer.

What a shame.

I drink all the locals as well. I go to the Funky Bow regularly. Gneiss is about 15 minutes away. I have visited just about all of the breweries in Maine. I like what they do, but I am personally not a huge fan of anything brewed in besides Gritty's Scottish.

14 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Ok Dude, who are you and what have you done with MJ?? ?

Archived