Jump to content

GD, I love this F&CKING TEAM!!!!


Mainejet
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I drink all the locals as well. I go to the Funky Bow regularly. Gneiss is about 15 minutes away. I have visited just about all of the breweries in Maine. I like what they do, but I am personally not a huge fan of anything brewed in besides Gritty's Scottish.

Gritty' has several IPAs and pale ales I like. Shipyard too. Geary's is one of my favorites, the Hampshire special ale comes with a 100% guarantee that the night will be insane. I also love the Maine Brewing company, specifically the Peeper.

I drank Newcastle in college, when my other options were bud light, natty ice or red dog. Not terrible on taste, but loaded with unhealthy additives.

i used to chill with this yuppie girl between dates. She always had Newcadtle and Cuban cigars for me when o got to her place. Best thing about her really...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newcastle used to be a fine beer. Now it is loaded with adjuncts. Still better than Bud or Coors Light, but that's not really saying much. It's basically Michelob with brown food coloring. 

Maine, if you like English Brown ales, get yourself some Samuel Smith's. No one does the style better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor mainejet. 

He offers the olive branch and gets bashed for his choice of beer. 

I picture him raising that newcastle the day bowles gets fired.  In his defense,  while i still root for and support bowles,  you cant not be concerned with some of his decision  making and blind stares. 

Sure hope im wrong.... But I know where hes coming from

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Newcastle used to be a fine beer. Now it is loaded with adjuncts. Still better than Bud or Coors Light, but that's not really saying much. It's basically Michelob with brown food coloring. 

Maine, if you like English Brown ales, get yourself some Samuel Smith's. No one does the style better.

Okay, I actually learned something in this thread. Haven't had Newcastle lately, but will now avoid so I don't fry my brain, impede my growth hormone and become a smurf. Please don't tell me Guinness sucks too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Poor mainejet. 

He offers the olive branch and gets bashed for his choice of beer. 

I picture him raising that newcastle the day bowles gets fired.  In his defense,  while i still root for and support bowles,  you cant not be concerned with some of his decision  making and blind stares. 

Sure hope im wrong.... But I know where hes coming from

Hey, to each his own on beer. I really don't care. My favorite is New castle and I've had just about every microbrew since they were born. You seem to forget that Maine is a thriving beer metropolis. there's another brewery that sprouts up here almost every week. Now there's a whiskey distillery going in my home town.

I have had them all. I love Newcastle. For those that are complaining about additives, not one of their own suggestions is organic. They are just trying to find something to complain about because it isn't their personal favorite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posters are also forgetting a few details. All beer is a carcinogen and any additional carginogens originally added by Newcastle Brewing has been removed.

http://organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

Many of us choose what we eat very carefully, or at least dedicate our minimum attention to it. But when it comes to drinks, especially alcoholic beverages, we do little to make the best decisions for our health. Which is a HUGE mistake. All the work for your body can be ruined in a weekend out. While foods and non alcoholic beverages are required to list their ingredients and are monitored by the FDA, beer does not belong in either. Alcohol industry had lobbied for years to avoid labeling its ingredients. Some to protect its recipes, but most – to hide harmful ingredients.

Here’s some harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer:

  • GMO Corn Syrup
  • GMO Corn
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Fish Bladder
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
  • Natural Flavors
  • GMO Sugars
  • Caramel Coloring
  • Insect-Based Dyes
  • Carrageenan
  • BPA
  • & lots more!

Here are the 8 beers that are commonly found in bars in United States that you should stop drinking immediately.

1. Newcastle Brown Ale

newcastle gmo beer

The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen. While alcohol is a carcinogen itself, drinking it in moderation may decrease your chances at developing cancer. However, more added carcinogens will have the opposite effect. “The one and only” beer with extra cancer causing qualities.

Update: Great news! After a lot of pressure by all of you who read and shared the article, Heineken USA has reached out to us to let us know that caramel coloring is gone:

“I’m writing you to inform that Newcastle Brown Ale has proactively removed all caramel coloring from its beer. Newcastle now receives its flavor from natural roasted malts.”

It just goes to show you that companies are willing to change, especially when their money is on the line. Caramel flavoring was previously used by the company since 1927.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Posters are also forgetting a few details. All beer is a carcinogen and any additional carginogens originally added by Newcastle Brewing has been removed.

http://organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

Many of us choose what we eat very carefully, or at least dedicate our minimum attention to it. But when it comes to drinks, especially alcoholic beverages, we do little to make the best decisions for our health. Which is a HUGE mistake. All the work for your body can be ruined in a weekend out. While foods and non alcoholic beverages are required to list their ingredients and are monitored by the FDA, beer does not belong in either. Alcohol industry had lobbied for years to avoid labeling its ingredients. Some to protect its recipes, but most – to hide harmful ingredients.

Here’s some harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer:

  • GMO Corn Syrup
  • GMO Corn
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Fish Bladder
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
  • Natural Flavors
  • GMO Sugars
  • Caramel Coloring
  • Insect-Based Dyes
  • Carrageenan
  • BPA
  • & lots more!

Here are the 8 beers that are commonly found in bars in United States that you should stop drinking immediately.

1. Newcastle Brown Ale

newcastle gmo beer

The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen. While alcohol is a carcinogen itself, drinking it in moderation may decrease your chances at developing cancer. However, more added carcinogens will have the opposite effect. “The one and only” beer with extra cancer causing qualities.

Update: Great news! After a lot of pressure by all of you who read and shared the article, Heineken USA has reached out to us to let us know that caramel coloring is gone:

“I’m writing you to inform that Newcastle Brown Ale has proactively removed all caramel coloring from its beer. Newcastle now receives its flavor from natural roasted malts.”

It just goes to show you that companies are willing to change, especially when their money is on the line. Caramel flavoring was previously used by the company since 1927.

In the long run we are all dead any way so what I do is mostly drink or eat whatever the hell I like. Our environment contains significantly worse things we have no control over, certainly worse than caramel coloring  so WTF, drink up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Posters are also forgetting a few details. All beer is a carcinogen and any additional carginogens originally added by Newcastle Brewing has been removed.

http://organics.org/8-beers-that-you-should-stop-drinking-immediately/

Many of us choose what we eat very carefully, or at least dedicate our minimum attention to it. But when it comes to drinks, especially alcoholic beverages, we do little to make the best decisions for our health. Which is a HUGE mistake. All the work for your body can be ruined in a weekend out. While foods and non alcoholic beverages are required to list their ingredients and are monitored by the FDA, beer does not belong in either. Alcohol industry had lobbied for years to avoid labeling its ingredients. Some to protect its recipes, but most – to hide harmful ingredients.

Here’s some harmful ingredients that are commonly found in beer:

  • GMO Corn Syrup
  • GMO Corn
  • High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Fish Bladder
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
  • Natural Flavors
  • GMO Sugars
  • Caramel Coloring
  • Insect-Based Dyes
  • Carrageenan
  • BPA
  • & lots more!

Here are the 8 beers that are commonly found in bars in United States that you should stop drinking immediately.

1. Newcastle Brown Ale

newcastle gmo beer

The Newcastle beer has been found to contain caramel coloring. Class 3 and 4 caramel coloring is made from ammonia, which is classified as a carcinogen. While alcohol is a carcinogen itself, drinking it in moderation may decrease your chances at developing cancer. However, more added carcinogens will have the opposite effect. “The one and only” beer with extra cancer causing qualities.

Update: Great news! After a lot of pressure by all of you who read and shared the article, Heineken USA has reached out to us to let us know that caramel coloring is gone:

“I’m writing you to inform that Newcastle Brown Ale has proactively removed all caramel coloring from its beer. Newcastle now receives its flavor from natural roasted malts.”

It just goes to show you that companies are willing to change, especially when their money is on the line. Caramel flavoring was previously used by the company since 1927.

Beer is mouthwash.

Drink scotch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

In the long run we are all dead any way so what I do is mostly drink or eat whatever the hell I like. Our environment contains significantly worse things we have no control over, certainly worse than caramel coloring  so WTF, drink up.

We are all health conscious to a degree. But what's so asinine about beer is that beer in it's only form is a carcinogen. There's no way around that. It's also considered to be very unhealthy for those trying to watch their weight because it replaces the water in your body.

Well, if people were truly so concerned about their health they would quit drinking altogether. That's the true path of rectitude.

However, and hopefully I a not the only one, I already admit that I am less than perfect. I love beer. I LOVE pussy also. At least I am up front about what I love and nobody will ever need to wonder. Beer is bad for you, everyone knows it, but stop thinking you're being a more responsible person because you choose not to drink Newcastle in particular - that's stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mainejet said:

We are all health conscious to a degree. But what's so assinine about beer is that beer in it's only form is a carcinogen. There's no way around that. It's also considered to be very unhealthy for those trying to watch their weight because it replaces the water in your body.

Well, if people were truly so concerned about their health they would quit drinking altogether. That's the true path of rectitude.

However, and hopefully I a not the only one, I already admit that I am less than perfect. I love beer. I LOVE pussy also. At least I am up front about what I love and nobody will ever need to wonder. Beer is bad for you, everyone knows it, but stop thinking you're being a more responsible person because you choose not to drink Newcastle in particular - that's stupid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

In the long run we are all dead any way so what I do is mostly drink or eat whatever the hell I like. Our environment contains significantly worse things we have no control over, certainly worse than caramel coloring  so WTF, drink up.

That's most certainly the way I see it. Now, if you don't like Newcastle? Fine. Nobody is requiring you to like it. There's plenty of other beers that you can get yourself in trouble with. For me, it's Newcastle all the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's most certainly the way I see it. Now, if you don't like Newcastle? Fine. Nobody is requiring you to like it. There's plenty of other beers that you can get yourself in trouble with. For me, it's Newcastle all the way.

Newcastle is a very good beer, especially on draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I love beer. I LOVE pussy also. 

Better watch out.  Most girls have hpv and while its not a big deal for them to have hpv.... It is now said to be causing throat cancer on guys like you snd me that love a good taste of bearded clam. 

That lucky effer patsfantx has got it made with all that nice clean cockage he loves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Better watch out.  Most girls have hpv and while its not a big deal for them to have hpv.... It is now said to be causing throat cancer on guys like you snd me that love a good taste of bearded clam. 

That lucky effer patsfantx has got it made with all that nice clean cockage he loves

LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah yes, Newcastle. For the man who thinks he drinks great beer. Second to only Sierra Nevada drinkers but still much higher and mightier than Heinekin drinkers.

Newcastle, for the man who thinks, hey, this is British, so this urine flavored beer can't be urine. 

Newcastle, for the man who likes his beer bottles clear, because that's the high life.

Newcastle. For ****'s sake. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah yes, Newcastle. For the man who thinks he drinks great beer. Second to only Sierra Nevada drinkers but still much higher and mightier than Heinekin drinkers.

Newcastle, for the man who thinks, hey, this is British, so this urine flavored beer can't be urine. 

Newcastle, for the man who likes his beer bottles clear, because that's the high life.

Newcastle. For ****'s sake. 

And most notably he posts this scathing review of something I enjoy while being absolutely sure to never admit what he drinks and truly enjoys because just like ANY other beer, people COULD become critical of it? But yet to felt the need to run your mouth about the things that I like? It's guys like you that accuse others of being a prick, meanwhile, you should be looking in a mirror.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

And most notably he posts this scathing review of something I enjoy while being absolutely sure to never admit what he drinks and truly enjoys because just like ANY other beer, people COULD become critical of it? But yet to felt the need to run your mouth about the things that I like? It's guys like you that accuse others of being a prick, meanwhile, you should be looking in a mirror.

http://i.imgur.com/pl1m8K2.jpg

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ah yes, Newcastle. For the man who thinks he drinks great beer. Second to only Sierra Nevada drinkers but still much higher and mightier than Heinekin drinkers.

Newcastle, for the man who thinks, hey, this is British, so this urine flavored beer can't be urine. 

Newcastle, for the man who likes his beer bottles clear, because that's the high life.

Newcastle. For ****'s sake. 

Right. Well I'm thinking Mr. Maine is being sarcastic. As in, "I'm drinking Budwater, and yet I'm still enjoying it."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TX, you strike me as a Newcastle guy. I don't know what it is, but you seem like a guy that would swill Newcastle regularly...

When I find it on draft, I drink it all the time.

I don't care for the bottle at all as it seems to taste a lot different.

Hell, last summer I even had a keg of Newcastle in my kegerator at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

When I find it on draft, I drink it all the time.

I don't care for the bottle at all as it seems to taste a lot different.

Hell, last summer I even had a keg of Newcastle in my kegerator at home.

Good man. Newcastle does not always travel well. When I was in Hawaii for a couple of months last year, I was having it often at the bars in Honolulu. It is NASTY on tap in Hawaii. It tastes very different and I did not like it at all. I ended up switching to another kind for that two months. I guess it doesn't travel well to warm climates in the middle of the Pacific?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got back from NYC and tried at least a dozen different crafts.  My 2 favorites were Ithaca Ale and a local private branded Dennehys Amber.  Dennehys is a bar on Varrick and Carmine, they buy a lot and label it with their name. Only $5 and as good as some of the $10 crafts.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...