Too Late for Jets About-Face on Fitz?

JetNation

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is very true.. Down by 5 the last int was just fitz believing his arm was something better than it is.. The real horrible play of the game was fitz throwing the int on 3rd down while in easy FG range ! That is a dumb Sanchez like play. Fitz arm may suck but he is suppose to be a smart vet. Not there.. Now the down by 2 instead of 5 at the end makes a big difference doesn't it ? 

Sorry to remind everyone of one of the worst failures ever by someone in a Jet uniform, but we have to make sure history is remembered correctly so that we don't let it repeat.

It wasn't 3rd down.  It was 2nd.  1:31 mark.

https://youtu.be/yhrzPFmfYu0

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again if you don't like it there's a blocking mechanism. It saves you a lot of grief. Please use it. 

That doesnt stop you from repeating yourself over and over and over again does it?

You lead all posters in this thread and the Fitz thread telling people who get it more than you do that theyre wrong and why. 

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sorry to remind everyone of one of the worst failures ever by someone in a Jet uniform, but we have to make sure history is remembered correctly so that we don't let it repeat.

That you for the correction.. The biggest failure of the season occurred on "2nd and 10" on 3rd I'm sure they would have ran to align for the FG.. But fitz threw a aweful ball right in the d's hands..

FOKKIN ASSS WHOLE BEARDED JERKKOFF.

Down 2, on the 15.  Ivory walks in the endzone if he flips it out to the flat!!!!! That's some community college bullsh*t!!! 

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is very true.. Down by 5 the last int was just fitz believing his arm was something better than it is.. The real horrible play of the game was fitz throwing the int on 3rd down while in easy FG range ! That is a dumb Sanchez like play. Fitz arm may suck but he is suppose to be a smart vet. Not there.. Now the down by 2 instead of 5 at the end makes a big difference doesn't it ? 

You mean the Decker pick. Not the worst throw in the history of football but not good. But if Bullock had made that 30 something FG before that it would have been a potential game winning FG instead of a play that still left us behind by 2 so I think it was legit to go for the Td on that play. Also that botched punt that led to a Buff Td was a game changer. In a 5 point game. No excuses for those picks but if other guys had just done their job we might have won. Kill Fitz all you want but he did keep us in the game and in a position to win the game. The guy played most of the season with a broken wrist. 

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

Down 2, on the 15.  Ivory walks in the endzone if he flips it out to the flat!!!!! That's some community college bullsh*t!!! 

Lmao, yup.  (I'm laughing so I don't cry.)

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

You mean the Decker pick. Not the worst throw in the history of football but not good. But if Bullock had made that 30 something FG before that it would have been a potential game winning FG instead of a play that still left us behind by 2 so I think it was legit to go for the Td on that play. Also that botched punt that led to a Buff Td was a game changer. In a 5 point game. No excuses for those picks but if other guys had just done their job we might have won. Kill Fitz all you want but he did keep us in the game and in a position to win the game. The guy played most of the season with a broken wrist. 

Lets see, game, season, playoffs on the line.  inside the 15.  Kneel on the ball two times, eat clock kick a FG and probably go to the playoffs.

Please make a case for a regular season INT that was worse.  Ever.

Lmao, yup.  (I'm laughing so I don't cry.)

and what's crazy is that he winds up like Goose Fokking Gossage to throw the ball and its goes as fast as a Jamie Moyer change-up!!!

and these idiots wanna give him $14 mil/year and start him!!!

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

and what's crazy is that he winds up like Goose Fokking Gossage to throw the ball and its goes as fast as a Jamie Moyer change-up!!!

and these idiots wanna give him $14 mil/year and start him!!!

Agreed.  Except I try not to insult fellow fans.  PFSD (Post Fitzpatrick Stress Disorder) can affect people in many different ways.  They're clearly suffering from some mental illness/disability.  They need our help, understanding and patience.  Not insults.  (Though admittedly it is tough at times.)

Now if Macc actually does spend big on Fitz, then yes, he's a phuckin idiot.

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Agreed.  Except I try not to insult fellow fans.  PFSD (Post Fitzpatrick Stress Disorder) can affect people in many different ways.  They're clearly suffering from some mental illness/disability.  They need our help, understanding and patience.  Not insults.  (Though admittedly it is tough at times.)

Now if Macc actually does spend big on Fitz, then yes, he's a phuckin idiot.

Rep for "PFSD".  lol

Well, you can claim that all you want, but the rest of NY fans won't care. In their minds (and mine), Geno already got his shot. When he played he SUCKED. I'm done with him as are many others for more reasons than his poor play. If the Jets resign Fitz and start him? It doesn't matter what happens. Even if they won a measly 5 games, all the fans will know that the Jets fielded their best players. If you put Geno on the field, the fans will be pissed.

Wow, just had to respond to this!! So Maine,you are clearly showing your colors in this post. Almost sounds like you would be happy seeing Fitz crap the bed with a five win season rather then give Geno a chance.

So it's ok for an 11 year veteran to suck, just not a kid who really has had only 2 years as a starter. The first as a rookie straight out of college and the second ,with what amounts to a crap offense around him.

It seems to me you would rather see Fitz fail, then ever have the possibility of Geno succeeding.

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Luck has been extended through 2021.  Yet we can't get any closure on the Ryan Fitzpatrick situation.

Damn it Macc, get 'er done!  July 4th weekend would be even more enjoyable with this BS over.

There is no closure yet because both sides want it to work ... But as much in their favor as possible.   There is not a serious negative consequence yet to force either side off of their position and into a compromise position.  Around the start of TC (I think it was July 27th) is when it becomes a bit more real.

until then it's a pain in the b*tt having to listen to sniveling little Geno wankers ... But that's not actually more than a mild hangnail or splinter to be tolerated for another month ... With the end result being what is in the Jets best interest for 2016 & beyond

6 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I am pretty sure that the 3 defenders sitting on the 5,6, and 7 yard line on ivory's side of the field would have stopped ivory from WALKING INTO THE ENDZONE, as you put it, nevermind the 4th defender 2 yards deep in the endzone, but carry on. I wont let facts get in the way of a good story

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That is very true.. Down by 5 the last int was just fitz believing his arm was something better than it is.. The real horrible play of the game was fitz throwing the int on 3rd down while in easy FG range ! That is a dumb Sanchez/Geno like play. Fitz arm may suck but he is suppose to be a smart vet. Not there.. Now the down by 2 instead of 5 at the end makes a big difference doesn't it ? 

Fixed

agreed, that was the worst play by Fitz on the season.

he also made plenty of good plays , particularly the 5 (lose & you're out) weeks before before week 17

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

Fixed

agreed, that was the worst play by Fitz on the season.

he also made plenty of good plays , particularly the 5 (lose & you're out) weeks before before week 17

He made plays a qb is expected to make when you have the best WR duo in the league. Vets who know how to help out a qb, especially weak arm qb . Marshall was a monster, coming back for balls, jumping over cbs, without him fitz has more ints than tds.. But the above mentioned int is one a " smart vet " is NEVER suppose to make.. Knowing you can take the easy 3 in a tight game.. Knowing you have a weak arm to begin with.. After all the " smarts " is what is suppose to make fitz decent.. It sure isn't his arm strength.. 

4 hours ago, fltflo said:

Wow, just had to respond to this!! So Maine,you are clearly showing your colors in this post. Almost sounds like you would be happy seeing Fitz crap the bed with a five win season rather then give Geno a chance.

So it's ok for an 11 year veteran to suck, just not a kid who really has had only 2 years as a starter. The first as a rookie straight out of college and the second ,with what amounts to a crap offense around him.

It seems to me you would rather see Fitz fail, then ever have the possibility of Geno succeeding.

His point was that Geno had chances already & failed badly at them.

his belief , shared as well by myself and many others (including Mac & Bowles) is that our chances of winning in 2016 are better with Fitz than Geno.

the greatest chances to win this year are what we'd rather see.

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He made plays a qb is expected to make when you have the best WR duo in the league. Vets who know how to help out a qb, especially weak arm.. Marshall was a monster, coming back for balls, jumping over cbs, without him fitz has more ints than tds.. But the above int is one a " smart vet " is NEVER suppose to make.. Knowing you can take the easy 3 in a tight game.. Knowing you have a weak arm to begin with.. After all the " smarts " is what is suppose to make fitz decent.. It sure isn't his arm strength.. 

It was nice seeing a QB make plays he was expected to make.  It had been since before Favre hurt himself that we'd seen that for the Jets.  I hope to see Fitz perform similarly to 2015 weeks 11-16 in 2016.

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He made plays a qb is expected to make when you have the best WR duo in the league. Vets who know how to help out a qb, especially weak arm qb . Marshall was a monster, coming back for balls, jumping over cbs, without him fitz has more ints than tds.. But the above mentioned int is one a " smart vet " is NEVER suppose to make.. Knowing you can take the easy 3 in a tight game.. Knowing you have a weak arm to begin with.. After all the " smarts " is what is suppose to make fitz decent.. It sure isn't his arm strength.. 

yea, these are plays only monsters make. 6' 4" wide receivers are incapable of coming back for balls and jumping over cb's. only monsters are capable of feats like these.

and what does fitzpatricks arm strength, or lack there of, have to do with the interception in the endzone? I can answer that for you. it has nothing to do with it

16 minutes ago, ljr said:

It was nice seeing a QB make plays he was expected to make.  It had been since before Favre hurt himself that we'd seen that for the Jets.  I hope to see Fitz perform similarly to 2015 weeks 11-16 in 2016.

I'm for bringing fitz back.. But my point is NO WAY would he have ANYWHERE close of the season he had without Marshall/decker.. Take even one out and fitz is   Same old fitz.. Fans of his old teams all say he will make one good play here and then, but when he always finds a way to mess it up.. So he needs to stop acting like he could go anywhere and repeat last season and sign whatever jets offer.. The rest of the league surely isn't banging down his door.. 

And the argument geno had his chances.. Lol.. He had two 1st yrs of sh*t O. Few weapons with Rex heavy run.. Ohh he let the qb throw on 3rd down when everyone and their mother knew pass was coming.. Gailey called a GREAT season.. And deserves a lot of credit..

And we don't know how much geno would improve with every qbs dream WR, and OC.. It's like we timed geno in a sprint in his first two inexperienced years driving a sedan.. Fitz comes in last yr and obviously beats Geno's time because he was driving a Porsche.. To say we should give up on geno after those two years is pretty dumb.. Let's just let hackenberg start this yr and next.. If he doesn't do well let's give up on him too.. Until we find a qb who is all pro his rookie or soph season ?

5 hours ago, fltflo said:

Where are getting this from? That doesn't make any sense. I always want what is best for NYJ. FITZ is what is best for the NYJ in 2016. I don't see Kenny O'Brien knocking down the door, so we'll just have to go with who is best and in our midst. That is Fitz, By no circumstance is it ever going to be Geno. Geno SUCKS and anyone that watches the games should know that. Fitz, on the other hand, played surprisingly well last season.

If Geno starts, all we'll be doing is going right down the same sh*thole that we did the last two seasons Geno started. He had his chance and he's an idiot with the football and a f*cking punk.

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I'm for bringing fitz back.. But my point is NO WAY would he have ANYWHERE close of the season he had without Marshall/decker.. Take even one out and fitz is   Same old fitz.. Fans of his old teams all say he will make one good play here and then, but when he always finds a way to mess it up.. So he needs to stop acting like he could go anywhere and repeat last season and sign whatever jets offer.. The rest of the league surely isn't banging down his door.. 

And the argument geno had his chances.. Lol.. He had two 1st yrs of sh*t O. Few weapons with Rex heavy run.. Ohh he let the qb throw on 3rd down when everyone and their mother knew pass was coming.. Gailey called a GREAT season.. And deserves a lot of credit..

And we don't know how much geno would improve with every qbs dream WR, and OC.. It's like we timed geno in a sprint in his first two inexperienced years driving a sedan.. Fitz comes in last yr and obviously beats Geno's time because he was driving a Porsche.. To say we should give up on geno after those two years is pretty dumb.. Let's just let hackenberg start this yr and next.. If he doesn't do well let's give up on him too.. Until we find a qb who is all pro his rookie or soph season ?

Geno has shown us nothing but $h*t ... You are nuts to expect anything different from him in 2016

3 hours ago, ljr said:

It was nice seeing a QB make plays he was expected to make.  It had been since before Favre hurt himself that we'd seen that for the Jets.

Man.. you ain't kidding about that!! I really had gotten so disgusted with them and how terrible to nonexistent the Offense was. It was like a completely different experience. 

On 6/29/2016 at 1:55 PM, EM31 said:

Regardless of how well he did once he got his first big contract Ryan Fitzpatrick was good enough in his rookie deal to have Buffalo give him that big payday.

No. On his rookie contract, Fitz had one good game in relief of injured backup Jamie Martin, in his first game, against the NFL's 32nd-ranked defense. Over his next 3 starts he threw 1 TD pass and 7 INTs, before getting pulled at the end for Martin, as the Rams lost 17-16 in a game their defense generated 4 turnovers.

He never threw another pass in a game for the rest of his 3 yr rookie contract, spending most it as a 3rd stringer. His 4th year he was RFA tagged for peanuts to compete for the #3 job again, and was then traded to the Bengals at the end of the summer, who had nobody behind C.Palmer.

With Palmer injured early on, the result of that next opportunity - most of which with a Ochocinco/Houshmandzadeh duo who were both pro bowlers the year before with Palmer:

• 8 TDs and 9 INTs in 12 starts and an embarrassing 5.1 yards per pass attempt. Bengals went 4-7-1 in his starts.
  • 3 of the 4 wins came against 3 of the 4 worst pass defenses in the NFL (Jac, Cle, KC).
  • The other win came thanks to a shutout and a pick-6, with Fitz throwing for a mere 55 yards on 9 attempts all game long, since it was against a top 10 defense.
  • He also was fortunate enough to not start vs the 4 top-ranked defenses in the Bengals' first 5 games.

Sensing a pattern here? Anyway, this concludes the entirety first 4 seasons of Ryan Fitzpatrick's career (equivalent of a rookie contract nowadays). None of it was spent on the Buffalo Bills.

Fitzpatrick was not a rookie in his first year in Buffalo. That was his 5th NFL season, which he began as the backup to Trent Edwards. And he sucked as well. Only wins (as usual) came when the D shut down their opponent, and the last win was still a tie game when the 14-1 Colts pulled their starters (after which Fitz then threw a couple of TDs and Fred Jackson got the bulk of his 212 rushing yards).

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No. On his rookie contract, Fitz had one good game in relief of injured backup Jamie Martin, in his first game, against the NFL's 32nd-ranked defense. Over his next 3 starts he threw 1 TD pass and 7 INTs, before getting pulled at the end for Martin, as the Rams lost 17-16 in a game their defense generated 4 turnovers.

He never threw another pass in a game for the rest of his 3 yr rookie contract, spending most it as a 3rd stringer. His 4th year he was RFA tagged for peanuts to compete for the #3 job again, and was then traded to the Bengals at the end of the summer, who had nobody behind C.Palmer.

With Palmer injured early on, the result of that next opportunity - most of which with a Ochocinco/Houshmandzadeh duo who were both pro bowlers the year before with Palmer:

• was 8 TDs and 9 INTs in 12 starts and an embarrassing 5.1 yards per pass attempt. Bengals went 4-7-1 in his starts.
  • 3 of the 4 wins came against 3 of the 4 worst pass defenses in the NFL (Jac, Cle, KC).
  • The other win came thanks to a shutout and a pick-6, with Fitz throwing for a mere 55 yards on 9 attempts all game long, since it was against a top 10 defense.
  • He also was fortunate enough to not start vs the 4 top-ranked defenses in the Bengals' first 5 games.

Sensing a pattern here? Anyway, this concludes the entirety first 4 seasons of Ryan Fitzpatrick's career (equivalent of a rookie contract nowadays). None of it was spent on the Buffalo Bills.

Fitzpatrick was not a rookie in his first year in Buffalo. That was his 5th NFL season, which he began as the backup to Trent Edwards. And he sucked as well. Only wins (as usual) came when the D shut down their opponent, and the last win was still a tie game when the 14-1 Colts pulled their starters (after which Fitz then threw a couple of TDs and Fred Jackson got the bulk of his 212 rushing yards).

Fair enough but he must have had a stretch of time at some point where he played well enough to earn that big deal form the Bills.  I remember seeing at least some of it from down here in NY so the narrative that he has been a bottom-of-the-barrel QB for his first ten years up until last year is simply wrong and that was the one that I was challenging.

See the pattern here?

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

• was 8 TDs and 9 INTs in 12 starts and an embarrassing 5.1 yards per pass attempt. Bengals went 4-7-1 in his starts.

Great stuff.  Didn't realize how bad Fitz was.  Over the years I've just come to understand "Fitzpatrick" means journeyman/backup.  Though always good to get a reminder of how bad a QB he actually was/is.

7 hours ago, ylekram said:

yea, these are plays only monsters make. 6' 4" wide receivers are incapable of coming back for balls and jumping over cb's. only monsters are capable of feats like these.

and what does fitzpatricks arm strength, or lack there of, have to do with the interception in the endzone? I can answer that for you. it has nothing to do with it

His arm strength has plenty to do with the WRs having to help him out.  Weak arm means timing must be perfect, can't zip a pass into tight coverage.  Pretty basic

Where did anyone say his arm strength had anything to do with that INT Markie? 

7 hours ago, ljr said:

Geno has shown us nothing but $h*t ... You are nuts to expect anything different from him in 2016

Yeah because he wouldn't be playing with a different team.

And somehow when he played in Oakland he pretty much put up a Fitz like game numbers wise.  Other than with more yardage than Fitz usually puts up.  

Of course the response will be that they lost, as if every Fitz game last year was a Mario like win.  No bad games by Fitz last season.  

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because he wouldn't be playing with a different team.

And somehow when he played in Oakland he pretty much put up a Fitz like game numbers wise.  Other than with more yardage than Fitz usually puts up.  

Of course the response will be that they lost, as if every Fitz game last year was a Mario like win.  No bad games by Fitz last season.  

Totally agree Fitz really can't win the big game. He put up numbers against sub 500 teams last year. Geno has a stronger arm and is more athletic than Fitz, and he finally had a year to sit a learn. Get ready to root for Geno. I don't even want Fitz back at this point

9 hours ago, ylekram said:

I am pretty sure that the 3 defenders sitting on the 5,6, and 7 yard line on ivory's side of the field would have stopped ivory from WALKING INTO THE ENDZONE, as you put it, nevermind the 4th defender 2 yards deep in the endzone, but carry on. I wont let facts get in the way of a good story

I saw an ALL-22 view of the play. I don't know how to post a gif, so I won't bother looking for it.  

Ok, maybe he wouldn't have "walked" into the endzone, but he had a good chance to get in.  A 1st down play for sure.  Bottom line, playoffs on the line, he tried to force it to Decker.  Btw, not only was Ivory open, but I also recall Enunwa ran a wheel route and would've been a better choice.

Just an awful decision overall.

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don't think anyone disputes that

That's why I laugh at these people who think we'll go 4-12 next season if Geno starts

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude you're flailing.

Lol, riiiiight.:rolleyes:

You credit the 11th ranked defense for Geno's wins.

Having watched those games, absolutely.  

I'd be amazed if any objective observer would give primary credit for those wins to one of the worst producing QB in the NFL that season (31st ranked in passing, remember), and not to the combination of the 11th ranked defense and the 6th ranked rushing Offense.     

After pointing out to you that Fitz had the 4th ranked D you spent a day pulling up more dumb numbers to try and prove something.

Yes, heaven forbid we cite facts and references and use critical thinking skills to evaluate those facts in these discussions, amiright?  GENO WON 8 AND THAT'S THAT!!!!  

What, who knows.  Get your foot out of you ass and move on Fitz fan boy.

Well, I guess when you have no argument in the facts to support your position, resorting to your base instinct of "insult early, insult often" is always an option.  

Hey, if you insult me only 10 more times, I hear Geno will get a 9th win assigned to him in 2013.  I say DO IT!  

Who gives a damn that Vick was involved with dog fighting?  Why that comment? Explain the significance?

I hate Mike Vick for what he did, and I express that hatred any time the opportunity arises.  Simple as that really.

Im harping on 8 because of the clueless who think Fitz is God for winning 10.  As an 11 year vet on a talented team.  Then drudge up pointless stats to erase Geno's 8 wins.  Exactly as you did.

You're not a fan of facts, eh?  I guess you can't be, since they simply do not support the argument you're attempting to make about Geno and "his" 8 wins in 2013.  Same way you ignore "his" 3 wins the following year, and the overall similarity of that roster with the Fitz-led roster.  Inconvenient facts are inconvenient and must thus be denied.

I dont need your permission to have an opinion or your half assed rating my critical thinking skills.  

You'd have to have critical thinking skill for me to rate those skills.  Reading your reply, it's rather clear you're lacking in that area, hence the constant return to insult and your constant disdain for "dumb numbers" and "pointless stats" you simply lack the skills to fully understand and evaluate.

You're akin to trying to debate international macro economic theory with a petulant 6 year old.  

Archived