NFL.com Ranks Jets’ Bowles 22nd Among Head Coaches

JetNation

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Yea because Rex Ryan gets credit for Tyrod Taylor running around converting 3rd & shorts on a backing up injured Revis. Give me a f*cking break. The cold windy day & our weak armed journeyman QB saved his azz. FG range & going to the well once too often to Decker on that seam route was the difference in that game. 

Who won the game???????????? Who gets credit for that win????????????

22 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

There was no way the Jets should have lost that game with everything on the line.

Stevan Ridley and Revis playing the entire game with a 10-yard cushion?????

Bowles deserves as much credit for that loss as Fitz does for throwing 3 4th quarter INT's.

Terrible game plan and the Jets came out flat.

That is all on Bowles.

Not 100%. Ryan Fitzpatrick also could NOT handle that wind. Revis was injured. Bilal Powell was injured and I think that probably the biggest factor as to why the Jets lost the game, was no short passing options for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Todd Bowles controls the players, the strategy, the roster (active and inactive) on a weekly basis. Going into that game and allowing Revis to play off Watkins, not giving Chris Ivory many more touches, and consistently allowing playcalls that called for Fitz to throw long passes into that wind, was stupidity and the overall debacle falls completely on Todd Bowles. He's just not a very good HC and it was on full display during the final game of the season.

22 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

There was no way the Jets should have lost that game with everything on the line.

Stevan Ridley and Revis playing the entire game with a 10-yard cushion?????

Bowles deserves as much credit for that loss as Fitz does for throwing 3 4th quarter INT's.

Terrible game plan and the Jets came out flat.

That is all on Bowles.

Look, Belichick wasn't exactly lights out with Cleveland. So hopefully Bowles (and Fitz) learned something that day. As for these people ripping Fitz because of the weather. First they say he sucks because the weather was mild (I don't get it) and then they say he couldn't handle the wind. Isn't the weather the same for both teams. He won ten games. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayBen said:

Rex Ryan 8 spots ahead of bowles? Are you kidding me? Especially considering how "chuck full of talent" the bills had coming into last year and how "mediocre" the jets were supposed to be. Yet, Ryan leads the bills to 8-8 and Bowles leads the "less talented" jets, oh yeah the team that just fired ryan to 10-6... Someone help me out please, I'm failing to see the logic here. 

Besides the huge difference in QB's on the 2015 Jets compared to the 2014 Jets Mac spent 50 million improving the team..They should have been better then the year before.. The Bills also started a 1st time starter at QB who for the most part did well but chuck full of talent??:wacko:

Oh, and one other thing....... The Jets had an absolutely TIT schedule last season. There was hardly any decent teams on that schedule. Quite frankly, looking back on their schedule they SHOULD have won at least 12 games in my estimation. Really Buffalo should have been a walk in the park. Rex did not have the defense dialed up last season like he had every season with the Jets.

8 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Swept the season series, went 2-0, but most of all he stopped the Jets from making the playoffs. Now, I know that hurts you so bad, but personally I would rather tell it like it is. Todd Bowles was a rookie HC that got consistently outcoached by our former Jets HC. His ranking of 22nd in the league is actually too high, he should be right below Adam Gase. 

What are you trying to do, kill me? My finger is down to the bone from hitting refresh so many damn times, I had to go to the emergency room. My computer is soaked with blood. 

Oh, and this still does not explain how Rex out coached anyone. Bowles made plenty of mistakes, but Rex is hot garbage, who tried his hardest to give away both games personally, both games were horribly coached by both coaches, that is not out coaching.

15 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

What are you trying to do, kill me? My finger is down to the bone from hitting refresh so many damn times, I had to go to the emergency room. My computer is soaked with blood. 

Oh, and this still does not explain how Rex out coached anyone. Bowles made plenty of mistakes, but Rex is hot garbage, who tried his hardest to give away both games personally, both games were horribly coached by both coaches, that is not out coaching.

The HC that wins the game is always viewed as the superior HC. Rex swept Bowles that makes him the better HC. Now, will that always be the case? I don't know, but I don't think Bowles will ever improve. That's my personal viewpoint. I think he's just another retread in a long list of idiots that plays not to lose. For me, Todd Bowles is Herm Edwards with a little better clock management skills. I don't believe he'll ever win a SB with the Jets. I don't believe he'll ever even take the Jets to the SB. That's because Mac is not holding up his end of the bargain. Mac is also not anything special as GM's go. He is a marginal talent evaluator at best. He pretty much did NOTHING to improve this team over the offseason. The Jets are going to have a losing record and they will not make the playoffs. Mac's job is to improve this each and every year until they win a SB. That's why you hire a GM. When the Jets suffer through a losing season it will be because Mac did not do his job.

In reference to your first sentence, I really don't know what you're talking about. Your initial response to me I never saw until I got back from work.

On July 1, 2016 at 1:19 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Rex utilized Watkins all game long to embarrass Revis and move the ball.

Game over.

Bowles did F up by not making a change to that  10 yard cushion every play!

i don't care if he had switched from man to zone , had Revis do some bump & run , moved a safety over to help , or something more intricate ... Watkins was eating us for lunch ... And we needed to make someone besides their best player be the decider of whether they won or lost

Bowles did F up by not making a change to that  10 yard cushion every play!

i don't care if he had switched from man to zone , had Revis do some bump & run , moved a safety over to help , or something more intricate ... Watkins was eating us for lunch ... And we needed to make someone besides their best player be the decider of whether they won or lost

Very good call ljr, switching to a zone or having Revis play press coverage with over the top safety help would have fixed that.

Bowles elected to do nothing.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Very good call ljr, switching to a zone or having Revis play press coverage with over the top safety help would have fixed that.

Which is puzzling for a HC that was a former DB??:wacko:

33 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

In other words, he made no in game or second half adjustments. What does that tell you when everyone else can see crystal clear what needed to be done and the dingbat HC can't figure it out?

27 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Which is puzzling for a HC that was a former DB??:wacko:

He was a stiff in that last game. Rex made him look like a retard. And really, although no one cares to admit it, this is very concerning moving forward. How many more of these blonde moments is Bowles going to have? What kind of intelligence are we looking at from our HC when we are in a very tight game that could decide our playoff lives? 

2 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

In other words, he made no in game or second half adjustments. What does that tell you when everyone else can see crystal clear what needed to be done and the dingbat HC can't figure it out?

Ivory got 6 carries for 81 yds and Ridley had 9 carries that was it.. The Bills had 33 carries and that doesn't include the 10 by Tyrod..

That pretty much sums it up very accurately.

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

The HC that wins the game is always viewed as the superior HC. Rex swept Bowles that makes him the better HC. Now, will that always be the case? I don't know, but I don't think Bowles will ever improve. That's my personal viewpoint. I think he's just another retread in a long list of idiots that plays not to lose. For me, Todd Bowles is Herm Edwards with a little better clock management skills. I don't believe he'll ever win a SB with the Jets. I don't believe he'll ever even take the Jets to the SB. That's because Mac is not holding up his end of the bargain. Mac is also not anything special as GM's go. He is a marginal talent evaluator at best. He pretty much did NOTHING to improve this team over the offseason. The Jets are going to have a losing record and they will not make the playoffs. Mac's job is to improve this each and every year until they win a SB. That's why you hire a GM. When the Jets suffer through a losing season it will be because Mac did not do his job.

In reference to your first sentence, I really don't know what you're talking about. Your initial response to me I never saw until I got back from work.

Bowles did a lousy job in both games, and I agree with you on he plays not to lose. That said, Rex was every bit as bad in both of those games, the Bills match up very well with the Jets, and the Jets players executed terribly in both games. Rex is fng awful, and that does not make Bowles good, but Rex did not out coach anyone this year, and hasn't in a long, long time.

Archived