Sign in to follow this  
King P

Sheldon Richardson suspended 1 game

Can't complain I suppose.  Still sucks, he'd come in handy vs Cincinnati.

Just hope he's done with the dumb $hit now.

light sentence. I guess Godell is tired o getting hammered for handing out harsh sentences.  I'm glad he has taken a beating over his high-handedness.

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Got off very easy.  Good for him, good for the Jets.

very light sentence.  He/we got lucky.  NFL makes no sense with all of its inconsistencies.

• Upvote 1

That's lucky.  Do we get to chose what game?  haha

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That's lucky.  Do we get to chose what game?  haha

Wait, now there's an idea.  Take this to court until the brutal 7 week opening stretch of games is over.  Then accept the punishment.

• Upvote 1

He plead guilty in February in hopes to get a lighter punishment from the NFL. I guess that worked. Hopefully he keeps his nose clean from here on out.

Given Goodell's history now, we can pretty much conclude that he think marijuana is the bridge too far in American jurisprudence. Did Willie Nelson murder his father or something? 

• Upvote 1

I'm a little surprised thought I'd be getting at least 4. So it's good news. 

Ok one game is easier to take then what i expected

I think this sounds about right for both sides.  Can't blame the NFL for doing something here, but in the end it had nothing to do with the league and was simply some of the "personal conduct" crap.  And in that category, Richardson's was actually pretty mild compared to some of the other craziness the league has dealt with lately.  To go along with past punishments, if anything was done at all, it would have been tough to justify more than one or two games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

Is it in the NFL conduct policy handbook that if you speed, flee the cops and have a car that smells like weed with a minor it that you will get suspended for a game?

If not, SUPREME COURT HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a factory option when purchasing a Bentley or is an aftermarket thing?

It is called small town justice- whatever the commish feels like doing 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is it in the NFL conduct policy handbook that if you speed, flee the cops and have a car that smells like weed with a minor it that you will get suspended for a game?

If not, SUPREME COURT HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever rode in a car that was owned by a cigarette smoker?? The smell doesn't go away easy the same with hotels rooms that book smoking or not smoking rooms for a reason.. If Sheldon didn't have the resisting arrest part I doubt it he would have even got a game suspension. BTW he wasn't charged with anything about the minor being in the car so that shouldn't even be a issue.. Having no common sense I agree but that's it..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Can't complain I suppose.  Still sucks, he'd come in handy vs Cincinnati.

Just hope he's done with the dumb $hit now.

yup.. 

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Have you ever rode in a car that was owned by a cigarette smoker?? The smell doesn't go away easy the same with hotels rooms that book smoking or not smoking rooms for a reason.. If Sheldon didn't have the resisting arrest part I doubt it he would have even got a game suspension. BTW he wasn't charged with anything about the minor being in the car so that shouldn't even be a issue.. Having no common sense I agree but that's it..

I have, its gross.  Weed doesnt permeate the way tobacco does.  The smell goes away very quickly. 

Just now, JiF said:

I have, its gross.  Weed doesnt permeate the way tobacco does.  The smell goes away very quickly. 

I disagree my Niece's son has a friend whose car smells like weed just walking by it..

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

I disagree my Niece's son has a friend whose car smells like weed just walking by it..

Then she probably keeps her weed in the car.  Trust me, you can get rid of weed smell very quickly.  Not the same as tobacco.

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Savage and I have had same Bio avatars for some 15 years or so now. I know Jeff Bridges looks older. I wonder what that ass in Savages avatars looks like now ;)