Bleed Green, BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,

SouthernJet

I'm getting a bad feeling for 2016. Now we lose Sheldon at home vs good running Bengals team. THEN, we go on road for 6 of next 8 games. We will Vegas underdogs in virtually all of them. If Fitz signs our Defense and heart may keep us competitive for playoff run into. Lord help us if Fitz doesn't come back, we could be having Draft parties in 2017 :( 

Oh I hope I am wrong, but this schedule is brutal early and Opening Day vs Cincy is a MUST WIN.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One game is vastly better than we could/should have expected.  

Yes, we have a difficult schedule.  Our results will heavily rely on the quality of play we get at QB, be it Geno or Fitz, both come with major risks and drawbacks.

Is what it is.  Be what it'll be.

13 hours ago, afosomf said:

the schedule was tough no matter what the order, stick to movies skip

Not you again, LOL ,I thought we lost you and your hatred and bitterness

You never grow up, sad..  I pray for your anger issues

LOL, remember that Tx.. 4 years in a row he made that predicktion............ I think thats when 'he lost it'

I don't know what was funnier, assmop claiming the Pats won't make the playoffs or RayRay predicting the Jets would always go 12-4.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

I don't know what was funnier, assmop claiming the Pats won't make the playoffs or RayRay predicting the Jets would always go 12-4.

Calling bullsh*t on this, RayRay never predicted anything, ever, in advance.  It was one of his more reliable homer defense mechanisms, so he could love every move the Jets made, every player on our roster, but never be held to account for predicting any of them would actually do well or the team win games.

21 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Oh I hope I am wrong, but this schedule is brutal early and Opening Day vs Cincy is a MUST WIN.

I dunno if its a 'must win'. I mean, we say that EVERY game, practically, lol. 

The schedule is tough Every year teams win games they 'shouldn't' and lose games they 'should' win. Injuries always have an impact. 

The beginning of the season will be really tough, and we may lose the first 7 games, going 0-7, who knows.  But I don't think we should assume that.

I think its very much possible that the Jets beat the Bills, Ravens, even the Bengals, Steelers and Seahawks at home. Not nec. ALL of those games will be wins, but some.

It depends on a lot of different factors that we really have no idea about until the games start. Will the Jets Offense be clicking on all cylinders, will their defense? Will the Hawks be the team they were the first 1/2 of the season when they went .500 or the second half of the season when they only lost 2 games? Will the Steelers offense be as good as it was last year, is their defense any better than it was last year? Who will be healthy? Who will be banged up? Who will be out? We really don't know. 

Then, of course, there's the Geno question. If Geno gets the nod as starter, we really don't know which Geno we will see. I know people like to completely write him off as a bust, an awful person and the worst QB in the history of football. But that's just silly. He could very well come out and put together some nice drives with that offense. He could very well do enough to win consistently and keep the defense guessing with his ability to throw deep, take off and run, and dump it off to Powell and Forte--and he can do it against good teams. He could also fall flat on his face.    

What I do know is that the Defense will show up, especially against the run. They are just way too stacked right now with a combination of young stars, veterans and added speed and depth to not make an impact. I think the run D will be just as good as it has been and the pass D and pass rush will improve. The big question will be the ability of the offense to get in the endzone. Not just score points, put together drives and get FG, but get TDs. 

I'm assuming it will be tough to get into the playoffs. I can see 9 wins for this team, but 10 or 11 will be really tough, and that is probably what it will take to get in. 

43 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I dunno if its a 'must win'. I mean, we say that EVERY game, practically, lol. 

The schedule is tough Every year teams win games they 'shouldn't' and lose games they 'should' win. Injuries always have an impact. 

The beginning of the season will be really tough, and we may lose the first 7 games, going 0-7, who knows.  But I don't think we should assume that.

I think its very much possible that the Jets beat the Bills, Ravens, even the Bengals, Steelers and Seahawks at home. Not nec. ALL of those games will be wins, but some.

It depends on a lot of different factors that we really have no idea about until the games start. Will the Jets Offense be clicking on all cylinders, will their defense? Will the Hawks be the team they were the first 1/2 of the season when they went .500 or the second half of the season when they only lost 2 games? Will the Steelers offense be as good as it was last year, is their defense any better than it was last year? Who will be healthy? Who will be banged up? Who will be out? We really don't know. 

Then, of course, there's the Geno question. If Geno gets the nod as starter, we really don't know which Geno we will see. I know people like to completely write him off as a bust, an awful person and the worst QB in the history of football. But that's just silly. He could very well come out and put together some nice drives with that offense. He could very well do enough to win consistently and keep the defense guessing with his ability to throw deep, take off and run, and dump it off to Powell and Forte--and he can do it against good teams. He could also fall flat on his face.    

What I do know is that the Defense will show up, especially against the run. They are just way too stacked right now with a combination of young stars, veterans and added speed and depth to not make an impact. I think the run D will be just as good as it has been and the pass D and pass rush will improve. The big question will be the ability of the offense to get in the endzone. Not just score points, put together drives and get FG, but get TDs. 

I'm assuming it will be tough to get into the playoffs. I can see 9 wins for this team, but 10 or 11 will be really tough, and that is probably what it will take to get in. 

agree, MUST win is always hyperbole, I just meant it as I never saw a schedule where after home opener the team was on road for 6 of next 8 weeks and would be favored in maybe only 1 of those games.. Of course, we could lose week 1 and then play lights out to make up for it. I would like nothing better..... BLEED GREEN

17 hours ago, afosomf said:

the schedule was tough no matter what the order, stick to movies skip

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Not you again, LOL ,I thought we lost you and your hatred and bitterness

You never grow up, sad..  I pray for your anger issues

LOL, "The Pats wont make the playoffs"..said by assmop 4 years in a row, LOL

Time to block I guess, still stalking

ahhh, nothing quite as refreshing as Blocking a bad apple first. You never see responses, LOL

(Had dinner w/Jim Brannan last night)

Alright so you have him blocked that is good news.

@Afosomf -- I don't know the story but please just put SJ on ignore. No need for you guys to respond to each other anymore.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@Afosomf -- I don't know the story but please just put SJ on ignore. No need for you guys to respond to each other anymore.

No issues here. The IGNORE process only took 10 seconds or so. 

On 6/30/2016 at 1:55 PM, SouthernJet said:

I'm getting a bad feeling for 2016. Now we lose Sheldon at home vs good running Bengals team. THEN, we go on road for 6 of next 8 games. We will Vegas underdogs in virtually all of them. If Fitz signs our Defense and heart may keep us competitive for playoff run into. Lord help us if Fitz doesn't come back, we could be having Draft parties in 2017 :( 

You're really worried about an opponent's running game? The Jets never have a problem with the run... and the Bengals should also be without Eifert, who is a major contributor in that offense. They also lost some players like Sanu and Marvin Jones. They could be a very different team this season.

Cincinatti is DEFINITELY a very winnable game, some of the games coming after (Pittsburgh, Arizona)? Are a little bit tougher...

23 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

That is great. I am glad this issue is resolved.

I wish you would have done this 3 years ago, but hey we are good now at least lol.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is great. I am glad this issue is resolved.

I wish you would have done this 3 years ago, but hey we are good now at least lol.

:) thanks, I am sure he will follow your sage advice also :)

off into the sunset 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VO9DMfhL0

where u put videos now so they show up?

On 6/30/2016 at 2:02 PM, Warfish said:

One game is vastly better than we could/should have expected.  

Yes, we have a difficult schedule.  Our results will heavily rely on the quality of play we get at QB, be it Geno or Fitz, both come with major risks and drawbacks.

Is what it is.  Be what it'll be.

We opened in 2009 with a rookie QB and knocked off the Texans,Pats and Titans starting 3-0.. Speculation is what fans do but it's not based on fact of any sort.. It is what it is ;)

On June 30, 2016 at 1:55 PM, SouthernJet said:

Have faith, brother!

The core is still there.

If Fitz doesn't sign, we have 3 QBs competing.

I have a good feeling about Hackenberg.

Archived