Taking money out of the equation, Fitz or Geno

BowlesMovement

Taking money out of the equation, Fitz or Geno?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Money not a part of your consideration

• Fitz
    • Geno

30 minutes ago, billo83 said:

There's no way on earth that Macs or Bowles job is in jeopardy no matter who the QB is this season. It's year 2 of the regime that went 10-6 the first year. 

The fans are going to go off no matter what unless the Jets make the playoffs. Don't you think that if Mac signs Fitz for 12M fans are going to go ballistic if they only win 6 games as you say? Don't you think they'll be saying why didn't you give Geno a chance to prove he's improved in a contract year and he was a second round pick after all, now we'll never know, etc.  Mac is in a no win situation as far as fan outrage is concerned if they don't make the playoffs. 

You don't know for a fact that Geno hasn't improved after being humbled and sitting for a year. If the Jets are only going to win 6 games, there's zero risk in starting Geno and absolutely no reason to sign Fitz

Mac has no prob with fans if he signs Fitz for the 12 mil. Because it's a reasonable amount of money. And the majority don't care about how much Fitz makes unless it's crazy money you know like an NBA contract. They just want the BAP that's all. And the Qb who gives the team our best chance to win. And that ain't Geno. If Fitz stinks which based on his last two seasons and 28 starts and a 16-12 W-L record, and that doesn't look likely, you don't blame the FO because they did their job. They spent the money and signed the player.  If they go to the Clearance Shelf to save money and the team sucks after a real good year there will be airplanes flying. PS if Fitz is bad Geno will play. Bowles isn't going to fool around. He knows that his job is always on the line. And that's the way it should be. Geno is next man up.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, in your mind maybe. Most of the fans I've talked to have a major problem with paying 12m to a journeyman QB who has never gotten his team to the playoffs and choked in the biggest game in his life. Maybe a few Fitz lovers around here think that's great, but I wouldn't say a majority thinks it's a good idea. 

1 minute ago, billo83 said:

LOL, in your mind maybe. Most of the fans I've talked to have a major problem with paying 12m to a journeyman QB who has never gotten his team to the playoffs and choked in the biggest game in his life. Maybe a few Fitz lovers around here think that's great, but I wouldn't say a majority thinks it's a good idea. 

I'm talking fans in the real world not here. 12 mil is not a big deal. And nobody cares. And the team saves 3 mil in guaranteed money. But chances are he'll have to take less. 

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mac has no prob with fans if he signs Fitz for the 12 mil. Because it's a reasonable amount of money. And the majority don't care about how much Fitz makes unless it's crazy money you know like an NBA contract. They just want the BAP that's all. And the Qb who gives the team our best chance to win. And that ain't Geno. If Fitz stinks which based on his last two seasons and 28 starts and a 16-12 W-L record, and that doesn't look likely, you don't blame the FO because they did their job. They spent the money and signed the player.  If they go to the Clearance Shelf to save money and the team sucks after a real good year there will be airplanes flying. PS if Fitz is bad Geno will play. Bowles isn't going to fool around. He knows that his job is always on the line. And that's the way it should be. Geno is next man up.

Have to agree

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

$12 million when you are capped out is a lot of money who gets cut to sign Fitzpatrick?

i dont remember seeing where any player agreed to take a pay cut to sign Fitzpatrick. 

the easiest way to sign fitz is to also sign Mo wilkerson. 

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm talking fans in the real world not here. 12 mil is not a big deal. And nobody cares. And the team saves 3 mil in guaranteed money. But chances are he'll have to take less. 

Got it, so the real fans are the ones that agree with your opinion? SMH! 

If 12 million it's not a big deal, then why didn't some other team sign him? Denver had him in and didn't sign him. What does that tell you

9 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Got it, so the real fans are the ones that agree with your opinion? SMH! 

If 12 million it's not a big deal, then why didn't some other team sign him? Denver had him in and didn't sign him. What does that tell you

They reportedly offered him 7 mil but he didn't take it. I love fans rooting for players they hate to make less money. I guess it's their idea of payback for week 17. 

From the neck down- it"s Geno-from the neck up it's Fitz and  the head always wins. The great QBs have historically not been the most physically gifted but had  adequate physical talent plus the head and heart.   

5 minutes ago, TheSage said:

From the neck down- it"s Geno-from the neck up it's Fitz and  the head always wins. The great QBs have historically not been the most physically gifted but had  adequate physical talent plus the head and heart.   

The chin goes to Geno.  Even after getting it broken, Geno's chin is better than that bushy breading ground for mites n lice on Fitz's chin.

Also Fitz's head is overrated because he went to Harvard.  He routinely misses and makes the wrong reads, and has spent over a decade trying to learn how to be a good NFL QB.  He has failed.  Geno could very well be the smarter QB with some experience in a good system.  Fitz hasn't exactly set that bar very high.

And saying Fitz is not physically gifted, is like saying Brady may be a bit feminine.

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They reportedly offered him 7 mil but he didn't take it. I love fans rooting for players they hate to make less money. I guess it's their idea of payback for week 17. 

Lol, so Fitz market is 7 mil and you want to pay him 12m? You want to reward the guy for choking with the playoffs on the line? Any GM that does that should be fired on the spot

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The chin goes to Geno.  Even after getting it broken, Geno's chin is better than that bushy breading ground for mites n lice on Fitz's chin.

Also Fitz's head is overrated because he went to Harvard.  He routinely misses and makes the wrong reads, and has spent over a decade trying to learn how to be a good NFL QB.  He has failed.  Geno could very well be the smarter QB with some experience in a good system.  Fitz hasn't exactly set that bar very high.

And saying Fitz is not physically gifted, is like saying Brady may be a bit feminine.

What I don't understand is did the Fitz lovers see the same week 17 game the rest of is did. I watched Fitz throw 3 INTS in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line, proving again he can't win the big game. I had it with him after that. What good is he if he can't win the big games?

12 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Lol, so Fitz market is 7 mil and you want to pay him 12m? You want to reward the guy for choking with the playoffs on the line? Any GM that does that should be fired on the spot

Well that was 3 months ago and right now no job openings except for maybe backups. A bad year for FA Qbs no doubt. That will change. Because there will be injuries and a number of teams don't have good backup Qbs. If the market opens up he will have a job. Unless Mac decides to really negotiate and offers him a counteroffer. If he won't budge then no deal and hello Geno. And nobody wants that. 

7 minutes ago, billo83 said:

What I don't understand is did the Fitz lovers see the same week 17 game the rest of is did. I watched Fitz throw 3 INTS in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line, proving again he can't win the big game. I had it with him after that. What good is he if he can't win the big games?

His mediocrity satisfies those that don't think very highly of this team.  The Fitz supporters are content with being a mid-tier team and don't think we can actually make the playoffs.

Well that was 3 months ago and right now no job openings except for maybe backups. A bad year for FA Qbs no doubt. That will change. Because there will be injuries and a number of teams don't have good backup Qbs. If the market opens up he will have a job. Unless Mac decides to really negotiate and offers him a counteroffer. If he won't budge then no deal and hello Geno. And nobody wants that. 

Mac has already drawn the line in the sand.

If he budges, he will look like an incompetent fool who is weak.

He will not offer Fitz more money.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Mac has already drawn the line in the sand.

If he budges, he will look like an incompetent fool who is weak.

He will not offer Fitz more money.

Giving one contract offer 5 months ago and not being willing to negotiate off of it isn't being tough it's being stupid. There's give and take on any deal and take it or leave its aren't smart esp with a starting Qb. Basically a 5 month standoff is incompetent. And creates a Qb controversy and a distraction which don't help the team. He doesn't know how to negotiate contracts, obviously. And sometimes you can win the battle but lose the war. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You keep making this same excuse. Fact: Denver had an immediate need for a QB and thought he was only worth 7m. That's not going to change in the future for a career journeyman QB. The rest of the GM"s see what Fitz is - a good backup QB that was doesn't win the big games. No one is going to pay 8 mil or more for that. In a QB driven league, don't you think a GM would pay Fitz 12m if they thought he was worth it? I know collusion, conspiracy theory, name your excuse here....

3 minutes ago, billo83 said:

You keep making this same excuse. Fact: Denver had an immediate need for a QB and thought he was only worth 7m. That's not going to change in the future for a career journeyman QB. The rest of the GM"s see what Fitz is - a good backup QB that was doesn't win the big games. No one is going to pay 8 mil or more for that. In a QB driven league, don't you think a GM would pay Fitz 12m if they thought he was worth it? I know collusion, conspiracy theory, name your excuse here....

There are no starting jobs. If so name them. That could change in a hurry. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Giving one contract offer 5 months ago and not being willing to negotiate off of it isn't being tough it's being stupid. There's give and take on any deal and take it or leave its aren't smart esp with a starting Qb. Basically a 5 month standoff is incompetent. And creates a Qb controversy and a distraction which don't help the team. He doesn't know how to negotiate contracts, obviously. And sometimes you can win the battle but lose the war. 

Paying Fitz 12m when the best offer from anyone else is 7m or bidding against yourself is stupid and incompetent

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There are no starting jobs. If so name them. That could change in a hurry. 

Come on dude, Denver had an immediate opening and decided to go with Sanchez. Repeat Mark Sanchez. I repeat, if any GM though Fitz was worth 12m they would have signed him already and made him their starting QB. Fitz is not getting 12m even if a another QB goes down in training camp, not when there's many other journeyman QB out there willing to take a lot less

37 minutes ago, billo83 said:

You make it very clear where you're coming from. Like it's all on one guy about week 17.  And you don't want to see the guy get paid because of that. But again no jobs except this one and we'll see what he gets. He's willing to take a one year deal and depend on his play on the field to get a better contract. And he's willing to leave money on the table. 

6 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Come on dude, Denver had an immediate opening and decided to go with Sanchez. Repeat Mark Sanchez. I repeat, if any GM though Fitz was worth 12m they would have signed him already and made him their starting QB. Fitz is not getting 12m even if a another QB goes down in training camp, not when there's many other journeyman QB out there willing to take a lot less

That reported 7 mil offer was after they got Sanchez. I agree though Fitz will not get a 12 mil offer from another team or probably from the Jets. I think 3 months ago he assumed he'd sign with the Jets so he didn't accept the Denver offer. He wanted to play here. Right now the Jets aren't even offering him a one year contract. They want the 3 year for 24 which he's turned down. Would he take at this point a 1 year for 8? He might just be willing to wait it out and see what the market offers when there is more demand. He could be a very attractive option for a team whose starting Qb goes down early in the season. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You make it very clear where you're coming from. Like it's all on one guy about week 17.  And you don't want to see the guy get paid because of that. But again no jobs except this one and we'll see what he gets. He's willing to take a one year deal and depend on his play on the field to get a better contract. And he's willing to leave money on the table. 

No it's not just week 17. It's the fact that he hasn't gotten a team to the playoffs, chokes in big games, and benefited from superb play by Marshall (which opened things up for Decker), an excellent OC. Take away Marshall and Fitz doesn't even go 8-8 not to mention what he'd do without Chan. 

Your man love for Fitz is perplexing

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That reported 7 mil offer was after they got Sanchez. I agree though Fitz will not get a 12 mil offer from another team or probably from the Jets. I think 3 months ago he assumed he'd sign with the Jets so he didn't accept the Denver offer. He wanted to play here. Right now the Jets aren't even offering him a one year contract. They want the 3 year for 24 which he's turned down. Would he take at this point a 1 year for 8? He might just be willing to wait it out and see what the market offers when there is more demand. He could be a very attractive option for a team whose starting Qb goes down early in the season. 

If Denver thought Fitz was a good starting QB they would have signed Fitz for 12m before considering Sanchez. They thought Sanchez was a better option at his asking price. Thus that shows Fitz is not worth his asking price and he needs a reality check. 

7 minutes ago, billo83 said:

If Denver thought Fitz was a good starting QB they would have signed Fitz for 12m. They thought Sanchez was a better option at his asking price. Thus that shows Fitz is not worth his asking price and he needs a reality check. 

Again Denver reportedly offered him the 7 mil after they traded for Sanchez. Mark is making around 4.5. And that was 3 months ago. Denver also didn't want to pay Osweiler and didn't want to pay Kap. They reportedly were only willing to pay 7 mil per on Kap's deal.

In four of our six losses, Fitz had a QBR of below 30, a completion percentage below 50%, 10 INTs, below 6 yards per attempt, Oh and he threw over 35 passes in each of these games... That journeyman status just oozing right back out when he is asked to carry a heavy burden. Tremendously low ceiling. 

7 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

In four of our six losses, Fitz had a QBR of below 30, a completion percentage below 50%, 10 INTs, below 6 yards per attempt, Oh and he threw over 35 passes in each of these games... That journeyman status just oozing right back out when he is asked to carry a heavy burden. Tremendously low ceiling. 

But he went 3-4 against Oakland and over 100 QBR in one series, lol

Archived