If we can start out 5-4............

SouthernJet

6 of 1st 9 games on road, we will be favored maybe twice? I am hoping for better, but feel if we can traverse this fraternity paddlers row at 5-4, its a good thing.

Question is, if we go 5-4, based on rest of year (we will have 2 road games, 5 home games) what record do you think we can end with? Playoff wildcard?

Bleed Jet Green, the best shade of all :)

The Jets are not going to go 5-4 over their first 9. They are simply not good enough. They do not have the level of talent that our opponents have. The HC and GM are simply not good enough to face these foes and out strategize them.

Throwing everything into consideration, I figure objectively the Jets are looking at about maybe 6 wins this season. It's going to be a down year.

1 minute ago, Mainejet said:

The Jets are not going to go 5-4 over their first 9. They are simply not good enough. They do not have the level of talent that our opponents have. The HC and GM are simply not good enough to face these foes and out strategize them.

Throwing everything into consideration, I figure objectively the Jets are looking at about maybe 6 wins this season. It's going to be a down year.

It was a 'IF'.. a supposition.. ask posters to stay on post and if by winning real close games, we are 5-4,, what u think we finish?  not meant to be a 'we suck, cant be 5-4' thread :)

I think we have a realistic shot at the 5-4 because the team should be better not worse. The biggest negative isn't the opponents (oh, we're so scared) it's being on the road. But it's a test if we can't do it we don't get in. 

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

It was a 'IF'.. a supposition.. ask posters to stay on post and if by winning real close games, we are 5-4,, what u think we finish?  not meant to be a 'we suck, cant be 5-4' thread :)

OK, well being that we are talking fantasy here.... If the Jets go 5-4, through their first 9, they will finish up 12-4, have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, they will beat every opponent they face 100-0 on their way to hoisting the Lombardi.....

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think we have a realistic shot at the 5-4 because the team should be better not worse. The biggest negative isn't the opponents (oh, we're so scared) it's being on the road. But it's a test if we can't do it we don't get in. 

agree, NFL parity sometimes makes the road the variable

13 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Out of the first 9 games, only the Steelers and Seahawks really scare me. 5-4 really isn't too farfetched. Of course, since it's the Jets, 2-7 isn't out of the question either.

LOL, so true

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

So you have a great excuse to ditch the season...don't watch. 

Basically all you have to do is get in and in some cases 9 Ws does that and you have a shot at the SB. You can't realistically plan on winning the SB because you have to get on a roll and win all of your playoff games to get the ring. That's why last season despite the detractors was a big deal. So if we do go to a SB in 2017 who's going to pony up for the at least 5K price on the worst ticket in the house. You know if the Jets make it all of these old farts will get off their  resesitators  and try to live out the biggest fantasy on their bucket list. The others couldn't handle it (you know like many of the guys on this site, I won't name names) and subconsciously and some consciously want to lose. So every year we can draft first. 

So maybe as a group we can pre-order our SB 2017 tickets and save a few hundred bucks. I volunteer to sit next to joewilly and Mike. No apologies needed as long as they buy the beers which are probably around 75 bucks each. Of course the proviso is Fitz starting. If not last place and goodbye Mac. 

Well, our last 7 games are Rams, Pats, Colts, @49ers, Dolphins, @Pats, Bills. 5-2 would be very realistic here if we've started 5-4, but a lot will depend on injuries (and that goes both way, our opponents too).

In fact, if we start 5-4 and don;t get to 10-6 I'd feel that we underachieved in that last run of 7 (injuries aside).

Pessimistic "record" outlooks at this time of the year make no sense to me. Unless the team is devoid of talent (which happens here or there eg. Browns last year), then there's no reason why we couldnt' go anwhere between 2-7 and 7-2...  How can anyone say "5-4 seems this or that"... Anything can happen. Teams you don't think stink, will stink. Others show up better than expected. Some win games they shouldn't, others stink it up like the Colts did in 2015

the ony thing that's unlikely, is that we're 0-9 or 9-0

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe if Belichick is indicted by Loretta Lynch and the vast conspiratorial machine, we have a chance at winning the division. Otherwise, no chance.

Belichick has a better chance than Clinton.

9 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

6 of 1st 9 games on road, we will be favored maybe twice? I am hoping for better, but feel if we can traverse this fraternity paddlers row at 5-4, its a good thing.

Question is, if we go 5-4, based on rest of year (we will have 2 road games, 5 home games) what record do you think we can end with? Playoff wildcard?

Bleed Jet Green, the best shade of all :)

Don't forget if you listen to some of the people in this forum our schedule is:

85 bears

72 dolphins

Montanas 49ers

aikman Emmitt Irvin Cowboys 

66 packers

59 colts

16-0 pats

etc

14 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Basically all you have to do is get in and in some cases 9 Ws does that and you have a shot at the SB. You can't realistically plan on winning the SB because you have to get on a roll and win all of your playoff games to get the ring. That's why last season despite the detractors was a big deal. So if we do go to a SB in 2017 who's going to pony up for the at least 5K price on the worst ticket in the house. You know if the Jets make it all of these old farts will get off their  resesitators  and try to live out the biggest fantasy on their bucket list. The others couldn't handle it (you know like many of the guys on this site, I won't name names) and subconsciously and some consciously want to lose. So every year we can draft first. 

I'm an old fart but luckily I watched SB III w/Namath  when I was 17 w/my Dad :)

7 hours ago, aec4 said:

Don't forget if you listen to some of the people in this forum our schedule is:

85 bears

72 dolphins

Montanas 49ers

aikman Emmitt Irvin Cowboys 

66 packers

59 colts

16-0 pats

etc

I'm was listing a article written in Post or News that said Vegas early odds had us favored 2 or 3 times in 1st 9 weeks. Obviously as season wears on stuff changes

19 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I'm was listing a article written in Post or News that said Vegas early odds had us favored 2 or 3 times in 1st 9 weeks. Obviously as season wears on stuff changes

All the angst over SOS is just that, angst.  Keep in mind that this schedule applies to all 4 division rivals and not just the NYJ. 

18 hours ago, Mainejet said:

He said "if".  "If" Mr Black Cloud of pessimism. 

Must be hard going to every thread and typing "we'll suck", he sucks, coaches suck, etc.  And you maintain your objectivity. :cool:

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

All the angst over SOS is just that, angst.  Keep in mind that this schedule applies to all 4 division rivals and not just the NYJ. 

Fair point about everyone in the Afc East having  a tough schedule

Jmo why there will only be one Afc East team in the playoffs this year.( the division winner).     That four game suspension to Tom Brady could be the diffrence that allows a team to take the division.

Archived