If we can start out 5-4............

SouthernJet

Fair point about everyone in the Afc East having  a tough schedule

Jmo why there will only be one Afc East team in the playoffs this year.( the division winner).     That four game suspension to Tom Brady could be the diffrence that allows a team to take the division.

Even with Brady out for 4 games, Pats will have the AFCE wrapped up by Thanksgiving like they always do.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Even with Brady out for 4 games, Pats will have the AFCE wrapped up by Thanksgiving like they always do.

Not sure Brady will ever serve those 4 games. Now with Ted Olson they'll probably figure a way to stretch this out. I like the Bills receiver they signed but he's not a game changer just another good piece. So I don't see big improvement on their roster. Not sure if they have faith in Jimmy G. Who knows maybe Beli if Brady is suspended will want to rent a Qb for the 4 games. I know one that's available.?

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

All the angst over SOS is just that, angst.  Keep in mind that this schedule applies to all 4 division rivals and not just the NYJ. 

But the NYJ, in particular, NEVER beat winning teams and that fact has been proven over and over again over the last 5 or so years. Just look at their record against winning teams...

On July 3, 2016 at 0:25 PM, Mainejet said:

The Jets are not going to go 5-4 over their first 9. They are simply not good enough. They do not have the level of talent that our opponents have. The HC and GM are simply not good enough to face these foes and out strategize them.

Throwing everything into consideration, I figure objectively the Jets are looking at about maybe 6 wins this season. It's going to be a down year.

May I request the mods to change this user's username to Negative Nancy?

On 2016-07-03 at 6:41 PM, Paradis said:

Pessimistic "record" outlooks at this time of the year make no sense to me. Unless the team is devoid of talent (which happens here or there eg. Browns last year), then there's no reason why we couldnt' go anwhere between 2-7 and 7-2...  How can anyone say "5-4 seems this or that"... Anything can happen. Teams you don't think stink, will stink. Others show up better than expected. Some win games they shouldn't, others stink it up like the Colts did in 2015

the ony thing that's unlikely, is that we're 0-9 or 9-0

That pretty much sums up how everyone should be looking at this.

Heck yeah the Jets can go 5-4! Lets just look at the first 10 games. Up until the Bye. 

Very tough games, highly unlikely to win:

KC- away

Cards- Away

Cincy- at home

That's IT! 

Tough games, could go either way but the Jets will need some things to go their way. 

Buf- away

Hawks- at home

Pitt- away

Easier games that the Jets should win if they play well. 

Ravens- at home

Clev- away

Miami- away

Rams- at home

So, obviously many will disagree about what I deem to be 'winable' games.

But the Hawks played .500 ball the first half of the season last year and rather than load up, they had to lose some players to FA. That game will also be at home.  

Pitt has a suspect defense and secondary. The Jets have a great D, if they can slow down Pitt's offense, the game could very well be theirs, even IN Pitt.

Buf is a division game, and these games are always close. Why are we treating Buf like some sort of unbeatable juggernaut? They did not make the playoffs last year and finished at .500. The Jets can beat them!    

If the Jets play well, with the talent they have, they can beat almost any team in the league. If anything, our defense should keep us in games and always give us a chance. 

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE YA'LL. THIS TEAM WILL BE GOOD!  

On July 4, 2016 at 6:51 AM, LIJetsFan said:

All the angst over SOS is just that, angst.  Keep in mind that this schedule applies to all 4 division rivals and not just the NYJ. 

Sure, and in any other division that would matter.  But the Jets aren't winning the division, aren't even coming close. 

Until Brady is gone or we find a QB - we're playing for a wildcard (so are the Bill and Dolphins)

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure, and in any other division that would matter.  But the Jets aren't winning the division, aren't even coming close. 

Until Brady is gone or we find a QB - we're playing for a wildcard (so are the Bill and Dolphins)

Good point and this is exactly why in other threads I argue that we should go with Fitz @8m or else Geno.  Fitz likely won't get us there.  Geno is the wild card this season.  If he clicks we have a post season.  If he fails, well, we likely had no post season anyway.    

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

Good point and this is exactly why in other threads I argue that we should go with Fitz @8m or else Geno.  Fitz likely won't get us there.  Geno is the wild card this season.  If he clicks we have a post season.  If he fails, well, we likely had no post season anyway.    

Agree 100% - at 12mm a year Fitz will be the guy through thick and thin...at $8mm he can lose the job.  IMO Geno gives this team the only chance to get into the playoffs...Fitz isn't talented enough.  Geno, as we've seen him in the past, didn't have it between the ear..but and it's a big BUT...we just don't know what Geno can be with this talent, coaching and year on the bench. Maybe his natural skills finally translate to an truly effective NFL QB.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Agree 100% - at 12mm a year Fitz will be the guy through thick and thin...at $8mm he can lose the job.  IMO Geno gives this team the only chance to get into the playoffs...Fitz isn't talented enough.  Geno, as we've seen him in the past, didn't have it between the ear..but and it's a big BUT...we just don't know what Geno can be with this talent, coaching and year on the bench. Maybe his natural skills finally translate to an truly effective NFL QB.

Here is a comforting thought I lifted from another message board: 

In 2013 he had 12 TDS and 21 INTs
IN 2014 he had 13 TDS and 13 INTs

He had only Decker to throw to, who is in all accounts a great #2 receiver, not #1. I feel that with Gailey and finally a great core of receivers, his numbers would only improve again. The media has not ONCE posted his improving stats. EVER! They just state his TOTAL interceptions. Look at the stats, boys. There is hope.

Archived