Personally what does J-E-T-S letters mean to you?

SouthernJet

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

More on the lines of NOT INTERESTED in the Jets game results. Corporate stiffs or Yuppies who think Kan-Jam is a professional sport. 

Even if that were true, I'd rather have a stadium full of sober corporate fans than drunken blue-collar idiots.

I remember the old days at Giants Stadium, your rose colored Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.  There was nothing "good" about it.  The guys who sat behind me in 233 were already drunk when they took their seats for the opening kickoff, kept drinking non-stop through the third quarter, left early fourth quarter so they could drive home at 30 miles per hour without killing themselves or anyone else.  Digital distraction is certainly a fact of life today, but it's far better than 60,000 drunks which is what the place used to have.  Football games are finally about the games again, not an excuse for poor people to proudly get blotto because they have nothing decent to be happy about and need the camaraderie of other wasted losers to get themselves off every Sunday.  "Uhhh look at mee, dood, I'm soooo drunk!"  That's not cool anymore, hasn't been since about 1989.

SAR I

I don't know what it is, but I'll take a couple of loud drunks around me over people filming every second of the game with their phone. I'm well aware that the former might vomit in my vicinity, but every time I see someone filming a play with their phone at a game it makes me want to go Cersei Lannister on everyone in the building. As if anyone gives a flying **** about the shakily filmed, low res capture you got of Geno Smith throwing a football.

And don't even get me started on concerts. Give me drunks over concert phone filmers any day of the week.

On 7/4/2016 at 11:00 PM, joewilly12 said:

the new and improved fans are too busy on I-phones to cheer to get the team fired up. 

This is the problem with the new fans . They are too distracted . All I-phones should be banned from the stadium . They already ban umbrellas and fireworks .

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Even if that were true, I'd rather have a stadium full of sober corporate fans than drunken blue-collar idiots.

I remember the old days at Giants Stadium, your rose colored Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.  There was nothing "good" about it.  The guys who sat behind me in 233 were already drunk when they took their seats for the opening kickoff, kept drinking non-stop through the third quarter, left early fourth quarter so they could drive home at 30 miles per hour without killing themselves or anyone else.  Digital distraction is certainly a fact of life today, but it's far better than 60,000 drunks which is what the place used to have.  Football games are finally about the games again, not an excuse for poor people to proudly get blotto because they have nothing decent to be happy about and need the camaraderie of other wasted losers to get themselves off every Sunday.  "Uhhh look at mee, dood, I'm soooo drunk!"  That's not cool anymore, hasn't been since about 1989.

SAR I

You had no problems participating in the drunken festivities at Gate D.

Fans are still drunk and disorderly this hasnt stopped. 

Fireman Ed was and is the unofficial leader of the crowd yet to be replaced. 

4 hours ago, no psls said:

Fireman Ed is a real fan you old fart !!

He is now because he's quiet and cheers to himself just like the rest of us.

When he was pretending to be the 'voice of the fan' he crossed the line.  Nice to have him back where he belongs, just like the rest of us.

SAR I

4 hours ago, no psls said:

This is the problem with the new fans . They are too distracted . All I-phones should be banned from the stadium . They already ban umbrellas and fireworks .

There is no "problem" with the new fans other than they don't drink, so they make the drunks feel uncomfortable.  You know, because public drunkards are an affront to society and an embarrassment to the fanbase.

SAR I

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You had no problems participating in the drunken festivities at Gate D.

Fans are still drunk and disorderly this hasnt stopped. 

Fireman Ed was and is the unofficial leader of the crowd yet to be replaced. 

I participated at Gate D a whopping 3 times, they shut it down just as I discovered it.  I didn't participate, I just laughed in amazement at what the drunks were doing.  It was entertaining.  Stupid, but entertaining.

There are still drunk fans, but it's different for them now.  First, they aren't the majority.  They're a sad little minority now.  Second, they are almost exclusively in the upper deck where they can't interfere with PSL owners with young families.  The second-best thing about MetLife Stadium is how all the belligerent drunks are just removed from our lives right now.  They have their own special entrance, they are whisked to the upper reaches of the stadium, and they are lonely.  For years they caused trouble all around us, not paying attention to the game, getting up/down every 10 minutes to get a beer and piss it out, cursing in my kid's ears, burping and farting all over us.  Since MetLife opened in 2010 I have not had a single incident or even seen a single drunk person in my section or in the mezzanine concession areas.  It's brilliant.  Public drinking may have been cool in 1985, it's disgusting in 2016.

The crowd needs no leader.  We know when to make noise, we know when to keep quiet, we can lead a spontaneous chant if we feel like it.  Fireman Ed is a relic from a long-gone era.  The drunkards left, so did their culture, so did their leader.  He'd feel better about himself and perhaps give the remaining drunks some purpose if he moved his act to the upper deck, led the chant up there. 

SAR I

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know what it is, but I'll take a couple of loud drunks around me over people filming every second of the game with their phone. I'm well aware that the former might vomit in my vicinity, but every time I see someone filming a play with their phone at a game it makes me want to go Cersei Lannister on everyone in the building. As if anyone gives a flying **** about the shakily filmed, low res capture you got of Geno Smith throwing a football.

And don't even get me started on concerts. Give me drunks over concert phone filmers any day of the week.

Seems a bit drastic..

On 7/5/2016 at 11:41 PM, SAR I said:

I remember the old days at Giants Stadium, your rose colored Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.  There was nothing "good" about it.  The guys who sat behind me in 233 were already drunk when they took their seats for the opening kickoff, kept drinking non-stop through the third quarter, left early fourth quarter so they could drive home at 30 miles per hour without killing themselves or anyone else.  Digital distraction is certainly a fact of life today, but it's far better than 60,000 drunks which is what the place used to have.  Football games are finally about the games again, not an excuse for poor people to proudly get blotto because they have nothing decent to be happy about and need the camaraderie of other wasted losers to get themselves off every Sunday.  "Uhhh look at mee, dood, I'm soooo drunk!" 

That's not cool anymore, hasn't been since about 1989.

SAR I

Just like the worder "yuppie"  who uses that anymore???  Not since 1989

Archived