What kind of fan do you describe yourself? XsOs or mainly Ball watcher?

SouthernJet

There is no right or wrong answer, just curious. Our Jets Fan Club in Raleigh has approx 30-70 folks show up at Bar weekly based on factors (mainly, are we winning, night game and 1 PM games sometimes a late arriving crowd. It's the South, Baptists at Sunday School after Church and dont get there till 1:30-2 PM) :)

I see the 2 splits (actually 3) of how folks watch in our Bar:

I mainly sit near coolest guy in bar, GreenBeans, and I think he and I are in category 1, but he will have to concur,. I enjoy his scheme knowledge and I've done OK as well..we enjoy hitting the play call spot on, which we do more than I'd think is good considering what are opposing coaches thinking :(

1 - XsOs - We say to each other what play we think coming, make comments on player movement during signal calling and actual play. Then dissect.

2- Ball watchers: Not concerned with thinking of what play coming, what defense scheme the oppoenet is in etc. Just relax, watch play and be happy/sad base don result. The only conversation is usually Yeaa, or Crapppp. 

Like I said there is a minor #3:

3- Ball watcher and typer: Repeat of #2 but always on cellphone and usually looks up after roar and says 'Huh, what happened' :(

5 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

There is no right or wrong answer, just curious. Our Jets Fan Club in Raleigh has approx 30-70 folks show up at Bar weekly based on factors (mainly, are we winning, night game and 1 PM games sometimes a late arriving crowd. It's the South, Baptists at Sunday School after Church and dont get there till 1:30-2 PM) :)

I mainly sit near coolest guy in bar, GreenBeans, and I think he and I are in category 1, but he will have to concur,. I enjoy his scheme knowledge and I've done OK as well..we enjoy hitting the play call spot on, which we do more than I'd think is good considering what are opposing coaches thinking :(

1 - XsOs - We say to each other what play we think coming, make comments on player movement during signal calling and actual play. Then dissect.

2- Play/game watcher: Not concerned with thinking of what play ocming, what defense scheme the oppoenet is in etc. Just relax, watch play and be happy/sad base don result. The only conversation is usually Yeaa, or Crapppp. 

3- Play/game watcher and typer: Repeat of #2 but always on cellphone and usually looks up after roar and says 'Huh, what happened' :(

If you mentioned X's and O's to Hermie he would tell you he loves to play Tic-Tac-Toe..:)

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I call "game watchers" " ball watchers." 

They are people who only follow the football and couldn't explain what happened on a play other than the result of it. 

Great term, I will change

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

SJ you left out

#4) Focus is on eating and drinking. The higher the quality of food and drink the less important the final score because great food and top shelf booze trumps all.

LOL. The Party Guy :) ya, there are those..........

58 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Hopefully not like Bruce Jenner did..:blink:

Bruce apparently still likes girls, and he wants to keep his junk...so he was technically, apparently either a lesbian with a built in strapon, or a hetero transexual in a mans body. It's tough to figure this stuff out. 

I always felt like I was a great athlete in a normal man's body. That hardly seems fair. It's very upsetting...I'm going to need a moment.  

at the snap I usually watch the line to see if it is run or pass, then look into the defensive backfield to see if anyone is opening up, then start yelling to help the players

yes, I am at home when this happens

Watch the ball.

Been listening a lot to MMQB's podcast with Andy Benoit and makes me realize how little I know of what actually's going on, and different schemes. He's pretty honest about his analysis too since you never really know what a guy's assignment is.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke said:

Watch the ball.

Been listening a lot to MMQB's podcast with Andy Benoit and makes me realize how little I know of what actually's going on, and different schemes. He's pretty honest about his analysis too since you never really know what a guy's assignment is.

good post

17 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

2- Ball watchers: Not concerned with thinking of what play coming, what defense scheme the oppoenet is in etc. Just relax, watch play and be happy/sad base don result. The only conversation is usually Yeaa, or Crapppp. 

3- Ball watcher and typer: Repeat of #2 but always on cellphone and usually looks up after roar and says 'Huh, what happened' :(

Is greenbeans Wayne Chrebet's mom? 

Definately #1

bucs fans are #2 or #3

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke said:

Watch the ball.

Exactly...   I LMAO on Monday mornings here in Charlotte when I hear all the guys in the gym talk about what the Panthers "should have done"  or even on this site, all the guys who act like they are football experts.  I personally, am simply a fan.  I know the game, played in school etc but lets not pretend we are something we are not.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Exactly...   I LMAO on Monday mornings here in Charlotte when I hear all the guys in the gym talk about what the Panthers "should have done"  or even on this site, all the guys who act like they are football experts.  I personally, am simply a fan.  I know the game, played in school etc but lets not pretend we are something we are not.

The podcast is really interesting, He also has a slot on the website too where they go to the film room with different players to explain what’s going on, what their assignment was. 

The other day they were ranking top 15 O-lineman on the podcast and he explained the “reach and seal” block for a center. I had no clue what it was. It’s when the NT lines up right over the center’s right shoulder to gain a half step on him once he snaps the ball (while the C has his hand between his legs).  So on certain run plays the C has to reach and seal the block to his right side. It’s apparently one of the hardest things for a center.

Archived