Casserly Chimes In ...

KRL

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The bold is patently false.

Many franchises, with great GMs and sh*tty ones, have fluctuation at the QB position that is unsettled at times all the way until after the 3rd game of the preseason.

sh*t, many think Elway does a great job as GM. Right now, his first round QB from this draft has ZERO shot at beating out a sophomore QB taken in the 7th round last year and Mark Sanchez.

Yeah but they are the current holders of the Lombardi and so I am thinking that people are likely to cut him considerable slack for quite a long while.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are actually crying

It says alot about you Nut, that you see a genuine attempt to discuss a difference of opinion as "crying".  smh

I'm saying that the lack of our vital running game vs. Buffalo led to a predictable passing play in a situation where we may have been better off running, had we still had a productive running back available with which to do so.  The fact we did not have those RB's available, as a Top 10 Rushing O, at that critical moment is a factor in what happened.

Or where Decker was?

Yes.  Watching the reply, it's rather clear Decker was beaten throughout his route by his man.  He needed to be in front of him on that route, and he was not.  Decker got beaten, Fitz threw it anyway.  Fitz's error, but Decker's play was clearly a factor.

I don't blame Fitz for pick 2 or 3, that doesn't need an explanation from anyone.

I blame him for INT #3, it's rather clearly a very poorly executed pass.  100% on Fitz.  It simply didn't mean anything given the circumstances.

The first one is squarely on his shoulders and is a huge part of why we lost.  Period.  Doesn't require excuse making and more blame passed around. 

This is overly simplistic IMO, as is so much of the analysis of that final game.

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Yeah but they are the current holders of the Lombardi and so I am thinking that people are likely to cut him considerable slack for quite a long while.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a good GM, and doens't have QB situation settled "at this point in the season".

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Doesn't change the fact that he's a good GM, and doens't have QB situation settled "at this point in the season".

Is any other team in the NFL out of the 32 discussing who the QB might be and discussing a QB who isn't even on the team. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is any other team in the NFL out of the 32 discussing who the QB might be and discussing a QB who isn't even on the team. 

Moot point, tbh.

The Eagles, with Howie Roseman and company, have what many consider a good bunch of football executives. They over-spent to crowd their QB room with sh*tty QBs and/or inexperienced QBs, and haven't "settled their QB situation at this point in the season" either. On the team, off the team, depending on the context... off the team is actually a better situation for us, at least we're not committing salary cap towards the indecision.

Now stop, I feel bad doing this to you.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Moot point, tbh.

The Eagles, with Howie Roseman and company, have what many consider a good bunch of football executives. They over-spent to crowd their QB room with sh*tty QBs and/or inexperienced QBs, and haven't "settled their QB situation at this point in the season" either. On the team, off the team, depending on the context... off the team is actually a better situation for us, at least we're not committing salary cap towards the indecision.

Now stop, I feel bad doing this to you.

Is any other team discussing the QB situation like the NY Jets. Dont ignore the question answer it. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Is any other team discussing the QB situation like the NY Jets. Dont ignore the question answer it. 

49'ers.  Cleveland.  Denver.  A few others, aye.

We're hardly the only team unsettled at QB.

We're just the only one with a likely #1 QB unsigned-but-expected-to-sign.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hahaha, you're such a putz.

If you want to get into an argument about semantics, then no. Not possible. No other team plays for one state, plays in another state, shares it's stadium with an in-state, out-of-conference rival, where's green and white, and.... blah blah blah... 

You make stupid points, you get stupid responses.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

49'ers.  Cleveland.  Denver.  A few others, aye.

We're hardly the only team unsettled at QB.

We're just the only one with a likely #1 QB unsigned-but-expected-to-sign.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha, you're such a putz.

If you want to get into an argument about semantics, then no. Not possible. No other team plays for one state, plays in another state, shares it's stadium with an in-state, out-of-conference rival, where's green and white, and.... blah blah blah... 

You make stupid points, you get stupid responses.

So theres another NFL team talking about a QB who isn't even on the roster, I must have missed it. 

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Certainly there isnt one on the roster at the moment who can win games in 2016

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So theres another NFL team talking about a QB who isn't even on the roster, I must have missed it. 

I don't get it.  We are interested in him and he is interested in us.  There is an offer on the table.  What earthly rationale would you have for not including him in the conversations about our QB?  Unless you happen to be a Geno Smith supporter and you want to try and shut down discussion of anyone not named Geno Smith.

Just now, EM31 said:

I don't get it.  We are interested in him and he is interested in us.  There is an offer on the table.  What earthly rationale would you have for not including him in the conversations about our QB?  Unless you happen to be a Geno Smith supporter and you want to try and shut down discussion of anyone not names Geno Smith.

I am a Geno Smith supporter I also support any player in a Jets uniform if management decides Fitzpatrick is the guy thats fine with me lets get a deal done and concentrate on winning football games. 

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

oh my.... Leader??? yeah, the "leader" got knocked the fvck out in the middle of the locker room with zero retaliation.  Shiiiiiiitttttt, teh dude was shaking hands with jets after the buffalo game.  What leadership....  And Casserly says that we wouldnt be that much WORSE with Geno as QB so yeah, Geno is worse in Casserly's mind.

Lol dude, so much nitpicking when Casserly called Geno the leader, but I'm sure you missed the point he was making. Besides, he gave you a bunch of reasons why he thinks Fitz sucks n that Geno was "leader" of the QB competition last offseason. And when he says "Geno isn't much worse", what he really means is that Fitz also sucks n that if Geno sucks, he wouldn't suck much worse than Fitz already did last year against a hot steaming pile of sh*t of a schedule. 

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

....he wouldn't suck much worse than Fitz already did last year against a hot steaming pile of sh*t of a schedule. 

59.6%, 3,900+ yards, 30+ TD's, 270 Rushing + 2 TD's, 20 or fewer turnovers, Top-10 Offense, 10 wins = Sucks now, eh?

So tell us j4jets, what would Geno's stat line and record have been, as you see it, last year had he not gotten beat up, and instead started the same games/playtime Fitz had?

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

59.6%, 3,900+ yards, 30+ TD's, 270 Rushing + 2 TD's, 20 or fewer turnovers, Top-10 Offense, 10 wins = Sucks now, eh?

So tell us j4jets, what would Geno's stat line and record have been, as you see it, last year had he not gotten beat up, and instead started the same games/playtime Fitz had?

You know, I don't really blame you. Afterall, Fitznutz only look at stats to throne Fitz a king. Last I remember, he couldn't get the job done at $3mil facing a sh*t D further depleted by injuries with nothing left to play for n he certainly wouldn't get it done against top Ds at $12mil. But feel to tell me how he threw for league average franchise record setting 31TDs. 

39 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Lol dude, so much nitpicking when Casserly called Geno the leader, but I'm sure you missed the point he was making. Besides, he gave you a bunch of reasons why he thinks Fitz sucks n that Geno was "leader" of the QB competition last offseason. And when he says "Geno isn't much worse", what he really means is that Fitz also sucks n that if Geno sucks, he wouldn't suck much worse than Fitz already did last year against a hot steaming pile of sh*t of a schedule. 

I'm sure I missed the point as well if the point was Geno is a leader... I really dont need to read into anything.  Fact is, Geno got laid out by a back up and no one blinked in that locker room. You would think at least one person would call that back up, selfish for derailing the Jets team's season over a personal dispute but nope, crickets from the team that he was leading.  what a joke...

So I understand where you are coming from, you are saying that Geno, this year, wouldnt have much worse of a season compared to Fitz last year?  If that was Casserly's thought then he could have used many other ways to express that sentiment.  He could have said that Geno could build off of last year, move the team forward, improve with a year watching a professional, etc. instead he went with "wont be too much worse". I dont see that as a positive in any way unless you are talking about taking over for Montana, Elway or the like.

And for the record, he was "leading" the QB competition over a guy that hadnt stepped on to the practice field yet due to rehabbing a broken leg.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

So you admit Casserly believes Fitz > Geno

lolol ... It's like having a conversation with my 6 year old!  

... Except he's smart !

... And cool !

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

....he wouldn't suck much worse than Fitz already did last year against a hot steaming pile of sh*t of a schedule.  

You know, I don't really blame you. Afterall, Fitznutz only look at stats to throne Fitz a king. Last I remember, he couldn't get the job done at $3mil facing a sh*t D further depleted by injuries with nothing left to play for n he certainly wouldn't get it done against top Ds at $12mil. But feel to tell me how he threw for league average franchise record setting 31TDs. 

Don't dodge the question.  What would Geno's stat-line have been last year, as you see it?  

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I'm sure I missed the point as well if the point was Geno is a leader... I really dont need to read into anything.  Fact is, Geno got laid out by a back up and no one blinked in that locker room. You would think at least one person would call that back up, selfish for derailing the Jets team's season over a personal dispute but nope, crickets from the team that he was leading.  what a joke...

So I understand where you are coming from, you are saying that Geno, this year, wouldnt have much worse of a season compared to Fitz last year?  If that was Casserly's thought then he could have used many other ways to express that sentiment.  He could have said that Geno could build off of last year, move the team forward, improve with a year watching a professional, etc. instead he went with "wont be too much worse". I dont see that as a positive in any way unless you are talking about taking over for Montana, Elway or the like.

And for the record, he was "leading" the QB competition over a guy that hadnt stepped on to the practice field yet due to rehabbing a broken leg.

I don't know about stepping into the field, but he certainly was 100% during the camp 

2 hours ago, ljr said:

So you admit Casserly believes Fitz > Geno

lolol ... It's like having a conversation with my 6 year old!  

... Except he's smart !

... And cool !

I see you have a reading comprehension problem. It's ok, glad you can read some one dimensional stats. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Don't dodge the question.  What would Geno's stat-line have been last year, as you see it?  

Again, the issue is you look at a few stats to make a point. Fitz accomplished nothing last season. And yes, Geno would've performed better than Fitz last year, guaranteed. 

My question is, why would u ask a question you can't prove one way or the other? 

All I can say is Geno was running away in the QB competition n was the clear winner. 

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Again, the issue is you look at a few stats to make a point.

No, the issue is you said Fitz sucked.  So I'm asking you, directly, what Geno's production would have been, in your mind, in 2015.

And you've now dodged that question twice.  You can feel free to keep dodging, but that may say everything one needs to know about the validity of your opening statement.

And yes, Geno would've performed better than Fitz last year, guaranteed. 

So give us the stat-line, as you see it.

My question is, why would u ask a question you can't prove one way or the other?

You said Fitz sucked in 2015.  You've said Geno would have performed better.

So again, I'm asking you for your opinion with those two claims in mind.

We know the production Fitz put up.  It's cited earlier.

So tell us, presuming you stop dancing, what Geno's production would have been had he played every down Fitz played in 2015 instead of Fitz.

Comp %?  Passing Yards and TD's?  Rushing Yards and TD's?  Turnovers?  And of course, Wins?

All I can say is Geno was running away in the QB competition n was the clear winner. 

Actually, you've said alot more than that already.  Now stop dancing around, and give us your 2015 Geno Smith stat line if you please.

Or you could always just retract your "Fitz sucked and Geno would have done better than him" claim if you cannot even support it in your own mind enough to give us an idea of the kind of performance you believe Geno would have put up. 

Sure and maybe Geno would have been better than Andrew Luck in 2015 (and Luck had an off year). Or Rodgers or Carr or Bridgewater, etc.. You can say that about anyone. The bottom line is who was good not who might have been good. 

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure and maybe Geno would have been better than Andrew Luck in 2015 (and Luck had an off year). Or Rodgers or Carr or Bridgewater, etc.. You can say that about anyone. The bottom line is who was good not who might have been good. 

Fitzpatrick was good but not good enough can we all agree.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No, the issue is you said Fitz sucked.  So I'm asking you, directly, what Geno's production would have been, in your mind, in 2015.

And you've now dodged that question twice.  

Really dude? Just answered your baseless question.

So give us the stat-line, as you see it.

Is this really a question?? When I'm saying Geno is better than Fitz, does it really matter what his stats line 'would have' been in a season he never played a full game?

You said Fitz sucked in 2015.  You've said Geno would have performed better.

So again, I'm asking you for your opinion with those two claims in mind.

We know the production Fitz put up.  It's cited earlier.

So tell us, presuming you stop dancing, what Geno's production would have been had he played every down Fitz played in 2015 instead of Fitz.

Im just gonna pretend like I'm talking to an adult. It'll be tough though. 

Comp %?  Passing Yards and TD's?  Rushing Yards and TD's?  Turnovers?  And of course, Wins?

Better than Fitz.

Actually, you've said alot more than that already.  Now stop dancing around, and give us your 2015 Geno Smith stat line if you please.

Better than Fitz.

Or you could always just retract your "Fitz sucked and Geno would have done better than him" claim if you cannot even support it in your own mind enough to give us an idea of the kind of performance you believe Geno would have put up. 

image.png

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Really dude? Just answered your baseless question.

No, you didn't.  And this is dodge what, #4 now.  

And how to do you define "baseless"?  You said Fitz sucked, you said Geno would have done better.  I gave you Fitz's stats and asked "so what would Geno's have been"?

And you're dancing like a little bitch because you don't want to put it in writing that you think Geno would have won 11+ games (or 1 better than Fitz), thrown for 4,000+ yards (better than Fitz), for 32+ TD's (better than Fitz), over 300 yards Rushing (better than Fitz), 3+ rushing TD's (better than Fitz), thrown under 15 INT's (better than Fitz), and produced the #9 or better offense (better than Fitz). 

Here, let me help you:

Geno Smith in j4jets mind in 2015: 11-5, 62%, 4,050 yards, 34 TD's, 14 INT's, 350 Rushing, 4 TD's, #8 Offense.

Wow, that was hard.  

Because we both know exactly why you won;t answer, easy as it is, because we both know how fantasy any such claim would be.  Which is why you're dodging.  

Get me, dude?

Is this really a question?? When I'm saying Geno is better than Fitz, does it really matter what his stats line 'would have' been in a season he never played a full game?

Yes it matters.  Now grow a pair and put some actual numbers with your claim.  It's not that hard, really.  Number keys are ------>

Im just gonna pretend like I'm talking to an adult. It'll be tough though. 

Deflect with your dancing and dodging all you like, it won't change the fact that I asked, directly and clearly, for a rather easy thing.  What would Geno's stats have been, in YOUR opinion (your own f'ing opinion, you could literally write anything and still be right), in 2015 had he played instead of Fitz.  

We know what "suck" looks like, as we have Fit'z stat line and you claimed rather clearly that he "sucked".

Now stop being a dodging little pussy for a change and answer.  Or admit you have no idea what you're talking about and cannot even verbalize your OWN opinions without taking twelve back peddling dodging posts to do so.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, you didn't.  And this is dodge what, #4 now.  

And how to do you define "baseless"?  You said Fitz sucked, you said Geno would have done better.  I gave you Fitz's stats and asked "so what would Geno's have been"?

And you're dancing like a little bitch because you don't want to put it in writing that you think Geno would have won 11+ games (or 1 better than Fitz), thrown for 4,000+ yards (better than Fitz), for 32+ TD's (better than Fitz), over 300 yards Rushing (better than Fitz), 3+ rushing TD's (better than Fitz), thrown under 15 INT's (better than Fitz), and produced the #9 or better offense (better than Fitz). 

Here, let me help you:

Geno Smith in j4jets mind in 2015: 11-5, 62%, 4,050 yards, 34 TD's, 14 INT's, 350 Rushing, 4 TD's, #8 Offense.

Wow, that was hard.  

Because we both know exactly why you won;t answer, easy as it is, because we both know how fantasy any such claim would be.  Which is why you're dodging.  

Get me, dude?

It's baseless because my aunt never became my uncle. 

Yes it matters.  Now grow a pair and put some actual numbers with your claim.  It's not that hard, really.  Number keys are ------>

SMH  

Deflect with your dancing and dodging all you like, it won't change the fact that I asked, directly and clearly, for a rather easy thing.  What would Geno's stats have been, in YOUR opinion (your own f'ing opinion, you could literally write anything and still be right), in 2015 had he played instead of Fitz.  

Funny how you called me a "bitch", yet you're the one screaming like one.

We know what "suck" looks like, as we have Fit'z stat line and you claimed rather clearly that he "sucked".

Now stop being a dodging little pussy for a change and answer.  Or admit you have no idea what you're talking about and cannot even verbalize your OWN opinions without taking twelve back peddling dodging posts to do so.

just so you don't get worked up a lot, I'll say Geno would've thrown for 16,000 yards, 174 TDs n 1 int.  And that's just in the last 8 games. And I think he wouldn't have rushed the entire year. All 60+ yard bombs, save for the Oakland game of course. 

Archived