what if geno is the answer ? ? ?

Jetscode1

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infurinating a teammate that has a history of violence. Its not like Eric Decker punched him in the face. Ridiculous.
More alarming is that none of his teammates came to his defense or went after the other guy. He was basically our starting QB at that point, and nobody stood up for him. I can't imagine that happening in any football locker room I've been in.

That was before all the draft picks were signed they dont have the money to sign Fitzpatrick. 

I've heard it explained in 60 seconds how they could make the room to sign him, by multiple NFL exec-types on various sports talk radio stations.

9 hours ago, isired said:

More alarming is that none of his teammates came to his defense or went after the other guy. He was basically our starting QB at that point, and nobody stood up for him. I can't imagine that happening in any football locker room I've been in.

I dont know how many professional locker rooms you've been in. How many? 

I'll give you credit when credit is due, from our vantage point Geno was punched in the fact and none of his teammate outside of Brandon Marshall really stood up for him....and Marshall was new to the team. 

1 year later however Geno's the quarterback again and we've heard nothing but glowing statements from the coaching staff as well as a few of his teammates not named Brandon Marshall. I understand society's mentality of always holding on to the negative because its filled with drama, but a person who understands that knows that this situation happened a year ago, IK is no longer on the team, the team was disorganized and Bowles was reworking the bullsh*t that Rex had left behind etc. 

The only locker room I've been in was my high school locker room when I played, I wouldnt dare compare it to a professional locker room and I also know that I wouldnt dare assume that what I read from beat writers always looking for a "juicy story" is actually the fact. 

Its a year later under a professional front office, coaching and guidance. I say lets give the 20 something year old a break instead of acting like this incident was more catastrophic than the astroid that allegedly killed off the dinosaurs. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2016 at 4:42 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Spamming the boards? Funny how this is even a statement. On one hand, anyone who has negative sh*t to say about Geno Smith within ANY thread isnt met with "Spamming the boards", on the otherhand, anyone either refuting or supporting Geno to start is "spamming the boards". You have guys like @Joe Jets fan that will go in to any Geno thread with his usual rhetoric along with with others such as MaineJet etc. who goes into random threads stating their displeasure with Geno Smith. Yet guys like myself, who've made it known repeatedly that they would prefer a guy like Glennon over Smith, BUT prefers Smith over Fitzpatrick for example is suddenly "Spamming the boards". 

I've had numerous people here tell me how im making the "board unreadable" yet the same sh*t...just the other side of the coin is being said at the same rate, if not more in other threads as well, yet for some reason the people who support giving Geno this opportunity is "Spamming the boards". 

Laughable the level of hypocrisy. I'll continue to spam the boards if this is the case. At the end of the day I've made my position on the matter clear and will continue to support that notion not caring about people talking about who is "spamming the boards" because "spamming the boards" is just code for saying "We dont like Geno supporters". 

Whatever dude.

See @Warfish ? I said it back in July. 

Same people who were in their feelings when I wasnt silent this summer claiming to be tired of hearing about Geno Smith and calling it "spamming" are the same people participating in the same conversation today when the position isnt an overwhelmingly supportive one. Question? What do you call that? 

Odd isnt it? And I didnt even need to use any advanced stats for that, though I've seen you mention that a few times the past couple weeks so I can sense that you respect the swag. :D

Damn, maybe you should have left me silent. Im starting to "feel like it again"! 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

See @Warfish ? I said it back in July. 

Same people who were in their feelings when I wasnt silent this summer claiming to be tired of hearing about Geno Smith and calling it "spamming" are the same people participating in the same conversation today when the position isnt an overwhelmingly supportive one. Question? What do you call that? 

Typical forum.  We're all here to talk.  As much or as little as we like.  The only opinion on how much we talk about a particular subject that matters, is the Mods. 

Odd isnt it? And I didnt even need to use any advanced stats for that, though I've seen you mention that a few times the past couple weeks so I can sense that you respect the swag. :D

It's an annoyance to me that "advanced stats" and "Geno's development" were.....an active topic.....amongst his more vocal fans this last offseason.

Yet here we sit, two Preseason games in, and Geno has done VERY poorly by the "advanced stat" metric, and (to my eyes) has shown literally no development from his past efforts.

And the folks who were most vocal about it have not been willing to stand up and address it, and admit he's not shown the development they hoped, and that those pesky "advanced stats" make him look downright horrid this preseason (thus far, it should be said).

Damn, maybe you should have left me silent. Im starting to "feel like it again"! 

I've never been one to silence anyone.  Nor to use the "I'm done with you" escape hatch from further exchange.

You want to "spam", I say have at it.  

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Typical forum.  We're all here to talk.  As much or as little as we like.  The only opinion on how much we talk about a particular subject that matters, is the Mods. 

It's an annoyance to me that "advanced stats" and "Geno's development" were.....an active topic.....amongst his more vocal fans this last offseason.

Yet here we sit, two Preseason games in, and Geno has done VERY poorly by the "advanced stat" metric, and (to my eyes) has shown literally no development from his past efforts.

And the folks who were most vocal about it have not been willing to stand up and address it, and admit he's not shown the development they hoped, and that those pesky "advanced stats" make him look downright horrid this preseason (thus far, it should be said).

I've never been one to silence anyone.  Nor to use the "I'm done with you" escape hatch from further exchange.

Doesn't matter what your annoyance was. 

See, Geno Smith and Advanced Stats have alot in common. 

People who seem not to like talking about either one of them seem to talk about them. I couldn't even read this in it's entirety I'm so disinterested. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I couldn't even read this in it's entirety I'm so disinterested. 

If I had the posting history on the two topics you have, well, I'd still have alot to say.

Because it's just not that hard to admit when we're wrong.

/shrug.

No fear, there is always next off season and the Glennon-Gets-Highest-Contract-In-NFL-History sweepstakes, right?

Just now, Warfish said:

If I had the posting history on the two topics you have, well, I'd still have alot to say.

Because it's just not that hard to admit when we're wrong.

/shrug.

No fear, there is always next off season and the Glennon-Gets-Highest-Contract-In-NFL-History sweepstakes, right?

Strings lol

Will never happen, they will just make more and more excuses (weappinnz, IK, different regime drafted him) to protect their egos for calling Geno wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, jgb said:

Will never happen, they will just make more and more excuses (weappinnz, IK, different regime drafted him) to protect their egos for calling Geno wrong

All those in the parentheses happened though lol. 

Excuses is more like blaming the weather and Revis for a poor week 17 performance by your quarterback when the results were pretty much the same during the first meeting. 

Just saying.

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:
All those in the parentheses happened though lol. 

Excuses is more like blaming the weather and Revis for a poor week 17 performance by your quarterback when the results were pretty much the same during the first meeting. 

Just saying.

Stats can go up or down based on weaponzz and such but the light has never come on for Geno. He is lost out there. Look what an actual NFL QB can do with no weapons: Cam Newton was a man beast throwing to TED GINN and a 40-year-old cotchery. Not saying Geno needed to put up that kind of season but you can just see with your own eyes he can't ball. He is lacking the most important weapon of all: a brain.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Stats can go up or down based on weaponzz and such but the light has never come on for Geno. He is lost out there. Look what an actual NFL QB can do with no weapons: Cam Newton was a man beast throwing to TED GINN and a 40-year-old cotchery. Not saying Geno needed to put up that kind of season but you can just see with your own eyes he can't ball. He is lacking the most import weapon of all: a brain.

Dude, I was just clarifying what an excuse actually is. What you stated were facts. The example I presented were the excuses told this off-season

Just saying

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, I was just clarifying what an excuse actually is. What you stated were facts. The example I presented were the excuses told this off-season

Just saying

Excuses are often facts. They don't have to be fictitious to be an excuse. Would be a pretty crappy excuse if you are trying to blame something that didn't even happen. Example: "Mom, dad, I crashed the car because it was raining" when it was indeed raining but you were also driving 120 mph. What are we debating here?

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Excuses are often facts. They don't have to be fictitious to be an excuse. Would be a pretty crappy excuse if you are trying to blame something that didn't even happen. Example: "Mom, dad, I crashed the car because it was raining" when it was indeed raining but you were also driving 120 mph. What are we debating here?

In the context by which you set you made it "just" excuses. No, they were actually what happened. 

What I showed regarding week 17 were "just" excuses. Not facts....but excuses. 

In the context by which you set you made it "just" excuses. No, they were actually what happened. 

What I showed regarding week 17 were "just" excuses. Not facts....but excuses. 

Too lazy to find yawn emoticon. Or is that just an excuse...

Just now, jgb said:

Too lazy to find yawn emoticon. Or is that just an excuse?

Not only is it an excuse, but that's actually what happened. You're Atleast doing better than " let's ignore the 4th quarter offense because Revis couldn't press cover". 

Here's my emoticon :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, jgb said:

Too lazy to find yawn emoticon. Or is that just an excuse...

You know what's odd? Jets fans can find the most ridiculous articles on our backup qb as well as our previous qb in Sanchez, they can find all kinds of problems with Geno's Raiders game, they constantly talk about how Geno was such a turn over machine. You know what I don't see? Stats exposing the shortcomings of our starting qb. 

Do you know if Geno had the exact same year not only would people NOT be ignoring or giving excuses to Geno's week 17 meltdown with the playoffs on the line but you would have heard "This One Stat" that I have yet to hear ANY Jets fan bring up....but it would have been the key to the "why it's Geno's fault we missed the playoffs". 

But since this isn't about Geno let me talk some facts now. Can you guess who lead the league in 4th quarter interceptions last season?

I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Geno and half of his picks were all in the 4th quarter. You just can't make this stuff up.

What's so crazy about it, I have not seen this stat anywhere on this site. If it was Geno it would have been up months ago right next to the petition thread on how we need to get this guy kicked off the team because he cost us a playoffs spot. 

Ignorance is bliss indeed. 

As @Warfish would say, that's advanced stats. 

Let Geno start at the very least, four games, where he gets all the reps in practice with the first unit.

An if he is still pulling the same dumb crap and and losing games because of it, I will be more then happy to join the Geno sucks, Geno gotta go,cut Geno now groups.

I will be more then happy to admit I was totally wrong and was blind as a bat not to see the error of my ways.

Yet, until I see him with the ones and not the two and threes. An be given more then just one or two series with development players,I hold off judgement.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good philosophical question. There are people here who are happy to argue semantics with you all day long.

Can't argue by yourself. Most ints in the 4th quarter in the league and #2 in the league throwing the most ints in the 2nd half of games. 

WITH weaponzzzzz and was brought in by this regime. What's the excuse? Oh, there is none because it's not even talked about. Too busy looking up the daily Geno articles from the media on any given day while the only thing spoken on about our actual starter is his beard and if he shampooed it before cutting it off

Archived