what if geno is the answer ? ? ?

Jetscode1

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

He has talent, but does he have what it takes between the ears?

And the answer is no. Better WR talent isn't going to make his decision making process any better. The game moves too fast for him to process things and make the correct decisions. He is a career backup after he leaves the Jets, and not anything more. 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah, cause Fitz doesn't have a larger body of work to evaluate and project into the future.  Geno at least has upside and its possible he can learn.

Geno has more physical talent than Fitzpatrick athletically, but Fitz has the knowledge that Geno freezes over. Like when to take off and run. Geno has more speed and athlticism than Fitz but stands there like he is a deer in the headlights and when he decides to run it is too late. Fitz knows when to go to the dump off guy, Geno tries to hit his number one no matter what and will try to squeeze the ball into impossible windows. I would love for Geno to have Fitz' innate skill set because we would have our starting QB already.

9 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Geno has more physical talent than Fitzpatrick athletically, but Fitz has the knowledge that Geno freezes over. Like when to take off and run. Geno has more speed and athlticism than Fitz but stands there like he is a deer in the headlights and when he decides to run it is too late. Fitz knows when to go to the dump off guy, Geno tries to hit his number one no matter what and will try to squeeze the ball into impossible windows. I would love for Geno to have Fitz' innate skill set because we would have our starting QB already.

Fitz' innate skill set implies Geno cannot learn these skills...I'm not so sure it works that way...maybe it took Fitz this long to develop.  

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except the point wouldn't be that we have a long term answer in Geno.  The point would be today, taking into account what each is capable of and what Fitz would cost, they think Geno would be the best alternative for 2016.  

Seems pretty clear that they want Hack as their long term QB and are perfectly good with Geno if not Petty as the long term backup.  

"Perfectly fine going with Geno" while offering an average journeyman $12 mil of next season's cap wold be the height of incompetence.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

If any other fan base convinced themselves that Geno Smith was the answer, we'd laugh our asses off. 

This Geno Smith nonsense, it's just Jets fans deluding themselves. 

This player is terri-bad. Don't ever forget it. 

I already have laughed a couple times when teams have thought Fitz was the answer.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I won't till he's not...till then we have many who will ensure we don't forget.  Wish our country had this much memory when it came to helping our veterans.  

It's one thing to hope Geno Smith is the answer it's another to bet on it.   

Or in the case of the front office bet their jobs on it. People talk about oh how much time Bowles and Mac have but if the team goes 0-7 or something the seats get hot real quick.  There's no job security in the NFL. the employees of the team are paid to win as many games as possible not go for a 2017 1 overall pick. 

25 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

if Geno Smith had Fitz' ability to make quick decisions he'd be that Pro Bowl type. There's a reason why he fell from probable 1 overall pick to the 2nd round. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

There's no actual proof that Geno possesses more upside than Fitz. We may have already seen both of them play at their absolute peak, in which case, Fitz is better for this team right now. 

If it were up to this fan base Players like Gannon and Plunket and maybe even Carson Palmer would have never played in this league again. They certainly were not good enough to play for us since we have such a marvelous history of Elite QB's .

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If it were up to this fan base Players like Gannon and Plunket and maybe even Carson Palmer would have never played in this league again. They certainly were not good enough to play for us since we have such a marvelous history of Elite QB's .

Our fan base is so horrendous, I am actually trying to convince myself to no longer root for this team. Its not easy, because I go way back and have a lot of great memories with friends and family, but I am really trying to figure out a way out of this team. 

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Our fan base is so horrendous, I am actually trying to convince myself to no longer root for this team. Its not easy, because I go way back and have a lot of great memories with friends and family, but I am really trying to figure out a way out of this team. 

I know you don't mean this :P

He is not. Haven't we seen enough of what he can do on his own to lose games. He dose not have the mental aptitude or toughness. I hope I am wrong and he comes out and lights it up, because I am a Jets fan and I don't care who it is. I just want a franchise QB who will keep up competitive for the next 10-15 years. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's one thing to hope Geno Smith is the answer it's another to bet on it.   

Or in the case of the front office bet their jobs on it. People talk about oh how much time Bowles and Mac have but if the team goes 0-7 or something the seats get hot real quick.  There's no job security in the NFL. the employees of the team are paid to win as many games as possible not go for a 2017 1 overall pick. 

Playing Geno because Fitz will not accept a reasonable offer for the job is the definition of the front office betting their jobs?   Not sure I agree with your logic.  Seems they made a choice about compensation and felt Fitz had valued himself over what the market would pay and now they moved on to their backup.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

if Geno Smith had Fitz' ability to make quick decisions he'd be that Pro Bowl type. There's a reason why he fell from probable 1 overall pick to the 2nd round. 

Innate ability or a skill that he can learn?

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Fitz' innate skill set implies Geno cannot learn these skills...I'm not so sure it works that way...maybe it took Fitz this long to develop.  

Geno has shown no indication so far to be able to improve his mental acumen

It's been six horrible damn months since Fitz $hit the bed.  Six months waiting for Ryan FITZPATRICK.  Screw him.

There's no "what if".  Geno IS the answer.  

Been a $hit offseason being held hostage by a backup QB, but we're now like a month away from the first preseason game.

Jets really have to end this already.  It's well beyond embarrassing, degrading and annoying.  All season tickets should be paid in full by now.  No reason to keep this Fitz charade going any longer.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's been six horrible damn months since Fitz $hit the bed.  Six months waiting for Ryan FITZPATRICK.  Screw him.

Been a $hit offseason being held hostage by a backup QB, but we're now like a month away from the first preseason game.

Jets really have to end this already.  It's well beyond embarrassing, degrading and annoying.  All season tickets should be paid in full by now.  No reason to keep this Fitz charade going any longer.

Lol ... No it's not the end of the world  ... Sorry you're rooting against him but it is a simple contract negotiation ... It will be resolved by the 1st week of TC & we will all find something else to complain about!

Just now, T0mShane said:

Idzik would be a fringe Hall of Famer. An Amaro resurgence puts him over the top. @stoicsentry 

Remember when all these guys sucked and they were Rex's picks with Idzik acting as his puppet GM?  Good times :)

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz didn't sh*t the bed the Jets sh*t the bed. They sh*t the bed numerous times during the season as well . Over all the team played well all year but you cant give away games like we did which is what ultimately cost us a playoff birth. This team should have won 12 games but I see no mention of that.

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Lol ... No it's not the end of the world  ... Sorry you're rooting against him but it is a simple contract negotiation ... It will be resolved by the 1st week of TC & we will all find something else to complain about!

Ha, sorry.  It's getting harder to read all these threads and regurgitated arguments every day.  

Like I can understand having our Dline and Wilk in flux for months and years...  those are good players.  But all of this for Fitz?  A career loser no team wants?  Ugh, cant wait for this to end.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure you can Improve on how your brain processes information especially in pressure situations.

Agreed

perhaps the Geno fan club usual excuses could help a little  ... But I'm sorry the majority comes down to what's inside of the player himself ... Particularly under pressure ... When it matters what's inside of Geno folds like a house of cards

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure you can Improve on how your brain processes information especially in pressure situations.

Sure you can.  Nerves and pressure are caused by being unprepared.  Practice, learning, scheme and confidence make what used to be pressure situations seem easy.

Archived