what if geno is the answer ? ? ?

Jetscode1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Ha, sorry.  It's getting harder to read all these threads and regurgitated arguments every day.  

Like I can understand having our Dline and Wilk in flux for months and years...  those are good players.  But all of this for Fitz?  A career loser no team wants?  Ugh, cant wait for this to end.

Yet unfortunately the best option for our team in 2016

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Sure you can.  Nerves and pressure are caused by being unprepared.  Practice, learning, scheme and confidence make what used to be pressure situations seem easy.

learning the offense and the defense slows down the game a bit for young players but Geno didn't show any improvement from year 1 to year 2 then in year three he reached new levels of stupidity by infuriating a teammate to the point he put his career in jeopardy by punching him in the face. I don't see other QB's learning at this break neck speed do you ?

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure you can Improve on how your brain processes information especially in pressure situations.

So QBs never improve in this area...they are what they are coming out of college?  Good to know.

The game slows down for almost all of them.  Some can improve and some cannot but to suggest they cannot improve is silly IMO.

Look the fact here is NO ONE wants to see a 34 year old QB step in and take over a football team .Im sure the raiders (who struck gold 2 times with Gannon and Plunket) felt the same way back then but at least they had the brains to realize that sometimes players come of age late and that you can't just cut and run after a really good season. If the Jets don't understand that get ready for a very disappointing season and for all the 30 + signing to be all for nothing. if you think Macc is going to gamble all those signings on Genop Smith your nuts. That's Fitz leverage so understand it and deal with it when the Jets do something with years 2 and 3 of the contract

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

So QBs never improve in this area...they are what they are coming out of college?  Good to know.

The game slows down for almost all of them.  Some can improve and some cannot but to suggest they cannot improve is silly IMO.

you missed my point. Keep reading.

Players with Brains can improve and yes the game does slow down for them as they learn but when it comes to playing scared and making bone headed plays in the heat of the pressure of an NFL game Im not sure you learn that. if you play scared you play scared other wise you would have seen improvement from Geno and you simply did not.

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure you can Improve on how your brain processes information especially in pressure situations.

Hear about this "brain acumen" nonsense all the time. Thats just what fans say when they simply dont like a player. 

Develop the player. Its hard to take that seriously when the QB is still on a rookie contract and had the level (if you even want to call it a level) of coaching around him. 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

if you think Macc is going to gamble all those signings on Genop Smith your nuts

Not to be a grammar nazi, but this is one of those times "your" vs "you're" makes a big difference.

You're = you are crazy if you think Macc will gamble with Geno.

Your = Geno will do something to your testicles.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

learning the offense and the defense slows down the game a bit for young players but Geno didn't show any improvement from year 1 to year 2 then in year three he reached new levels of stupidity by infuriating a teammate to the point he put his career in jeopardy by punching him in the face. I don't see other QB's learning at this break neck speed do you ?

Infurinating a teammate that has a history of violence. Its not like Eric Decker punched him in the face. Ridiculous. 

He didnt show any improvement from year 1 to year 2, neither did the team nor the coaching staff. Question, what improvement was he supposed to show and under what coach? Rex Ryan? 

Rex was the HC for this team for 6 years, and I cant tell you an offensive player off the top of my head that produced under him. And MM was a trash OC. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hear about this "brain acumen" nonsense all the time. Thats just what fans say when they simply dont like a player. 

Develop the player. Its hard to take that seriously when the QB is still on a rookie contract and had the level (if you even want to call it a level) of coaching around him. 

Nope I seriously wanted Geno to succeed but watching him play and act out off the field convinced me otherwise

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nope I seriously wanted Geno to succeed but watching him play and act out off the field convinced me otherwise

Yet I only see you say such a thing as a defense. 

You'll see it this year so how about showing some optimism if this statement above is in fact true. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Infurinating a teammate that has a history of violence. Its not like Eric Decker punched him in the face. Ridiculous. 

He didnt show any improvement from year 1 to year 2, neither did the team nor the coaching staff. Question, what improvement was he supposed to show and under what coach? Rex Ryan? 

Rex was the HC for this team for 6 years, and I cant tell you an offensive player off the top of my head that produced under him. And MM was a trash OC. 

I guess MM taught Geno to run out of the pocket, throw off his back foot at an alarming rate, make terrible pre snap reads, and take sacks at the most inopportune times. Geno is doing things he should have been learning his entire life playing football these are elementary mistakes and the reason he never learned any different is because he probably had teams that just annihilated his opponents covering up weaknesses that were never corrected. problem is at this stage its much too late to fix most of his problems and under pressure he seems to always revert back.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I guess MM taught Geno to run out of the pocket, throw off his back foot at an alarming rate, make terrible pre snap reads, and take sacks at the most inopportune times. Geno is doing things he should have been learning his entire life playing football these are elementary mistakes and the reason he never learned any different is because he probably had teams that just annihilated his opponents covering up weaknesses that were never corrected. problem is at this stage its much too late to fix most of his problems and under pressure he seems to always revert back.

Excuses. The OC/QB coach is there to teach him what to do AND what not to do. 

We all know that Marshall can be a difficult guy but he had a career year last season with the Jets. Also a guy even more difficult than Brandon was TO. TO's favorite all time Qb who he played with was Fitz. Not an easy accomplishishment. Do you really think that Geno could do that. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

yes of course they are but sometimes it just does not work that's why so many QB's fail at this level. If it was all about physical ability Jamarcus Russel and Kordell Stewart would have been superstars

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not to be a grammar nazi, but this is one of those times "your" vs "you're" makes a big difference.

Well played Geno fan, must change the topic when I'm proven wrong - opposite hand on shaft technique !

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Geno was rushed and thrown under the bus by Rex...not saying he'll ever amount to anything but a backup...but until last year Fitz was older and his high water mark was a backup who could start in a pinch...he had a decent year last year no doubt...but I'd suggest he'll revert back to the mean of his career arc...higher with Chan for sure but still nothing to get excited as a long term answer...with Geno we have more questions than answers...could be a Jag or maybe a little more...but if we sign/start Fitz, we let another team roll the dice with Geno next year...I'm good with whatever direction management decides but its still a good discussion piece and I'd rather maintain some sort of optimism with the QBs we have on the roster than bemoan the fact that Fitz wants max dollars for his last chance for a rich payday.

I don't ******* care.

I said, we may have already seen the ceiling for both guys. In which case, all of the illogical nonsense being batted back and forth is moot. Nobody seems to be able to craft an argument in favor of Geno that doesn't require all sorts of make-believe intangible factors all falling perfectly in place to prove everything we've seen an aberration.

I like Fitz, because I know the team responds best to him. At the end of the day, neither QB is all that good... but this roster has a TON of talent on it, and if Fitz proves a better catalyst for the rest of the team... then he's the guy you roll with. I don't care who can throw it further. I've seen Geno do stupid, stupid things with the football in his hands... for some reason, stupid people here think that Brandon Marshall is just going to erase the reality that Geno can't read a defense, can't play under pressure, is inaccurate, doesn't protect the football, and inspires no confidence from his team. Sure, Marshall might pull down a few errant passes to bail him out, because that's what good WRs do all across the game... but rushed or not, Geno never looked like he knew how to play football. That's sort of ridiculous.

If Geno was the future, then we wouldn't have added 3 QBs to the roster the past 2 years. 

Listen, if the version of Geno we were getting was the make believe, meth-induced version that gets talked about here by a few crackpots, then fine. Sign me up. For now, I'm going to trust history and all of the unspoken tells being delivered by the guys running the show.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, the people who regularly do the same with Genos name and anyone who even hints that they'd like to see him play with the improved talent deserve to get pissy over Fitzaholics.  The names Fitz fans throw out are so much more adult like and so different.  It was a joke in response to all the stupid names I've been called.  Miss the smiley face?  I'm Lol, ambivilant battle cries!  Charge, what babies. 

beard.0.gif

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You'll see it this year so how about showing some optimism if this statement above is in fact true. 

Lololololoolololol ... Fitz will be the starter this year not Geno ... Will be watching you show your optimism once that is settled !

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Is this comment an attempt at trying to argue as a Geno fan that you are not throwing a bunch of excuses into the fray for his continuous poor performance since joining the NFL hoping they will turn out better in the future ?!?!?

THAT is EXACTLY what "your" (excuse me Mike135 "you're") doing ! 

Lol

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you missed my point. Keep reading.

Players with Brains can improve and yes the game does slow down for them as they learn but when it comes to playing scared and making bone headed plays in the heat of the pressure of an NFL game Im not sure you learn that. if you play scared you play scared other wise you would have seen improvement from Geno and you simply did not.

Eli sure played scared in the early years...I'm sure there are others...I'll concede the point on Plunkett who had a strong arm...Fitz does not...Gannon was more a system guy who flashed a bit...but was inconsistent until later on with the Raiders...if Fitz can duplicate that I'd be happy...with that said...unless something changes Jets do not appear confident he can match that type of production...so yeah...Geno time.  lol

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Is this comment an attempt at trying to argue as a Geno fan that you are not throwing a bunch of excuses into the fray for his continuous poor performance since joining the NFL hoping they will turn out better in the future ?!?!?

THAT is EXACTLY what "your" (excuse me Mike135 "you're") doing ! 

Lol

Whats Fitzpatricks excuse?  He's been with 6 teams in 11 years and has never made the playoffs id pretty much say that he sucks 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If the jets do not get Fitz done and Geno Plays I think it will be the wrong move BUT when the games start I will obviously be rooting for Geno to play well. Im a Jets fan not a forum fan. If Geno can not get it done and plays like he has inm the past that optimism will turn to more of an anger situation since we had the option to sign a QB who was very successful in the current offense.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't ******* care.

I said, we may have already seen the ceiling for both guys. In which case, all of the illogical nonsense being batted back and forth is moot. Nobody seems to be able to craft an argument in favor of Geno that doesn't require all sorts of make-believe intangible factors all falling perfectly in place to prove everything we've seen an aberration.

I like Fitz, because I know the team responds best to him. At the end of the day, neither QB is all that good... but this roster has a TON of talent on it, and if Fitz proves a better catalyst for the rest of the team... then he's the guy you roll with. I don't care who can throw it further. I've seen Geno do stupid, stupid things with the football in his hands... for some reason, stupid people here think that Brandon Marshall is just going to erase the reality that Geno can't read a defense, can't play under pressure, is inaccurate, doesn't protect the football, and inspires no confidence from his team. Sure, Marshall might pull down a few errant passes to bail him out, because that's what good WRs do all across the game... but rushed or not, Geno never looked like he knew how to play football. That's sort of ridiculous.

If Geno was the future, then we wouldn't have added 3 QBs to the roster the past 2 years. 

Listen, if the version of Geno we were getting was the make believe, meth-induced version that gets talked about here by a few crackpots, then fine. Sign me up. For now, I'm going to trust history and all of the unspoken tells being delivered by the guys running the show.

Well said !

33 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Villian would you expect me to root against the Jets if GEno was the QB and Fitz signed elsewhere ?

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Whats Fitzpatricks excuse?  He's been with 6 teams in 11 years and has never made the playoffs id pretty much say that he sucks 

Lol

there's the other Geno worshipper ... Had been getting worried that we weren't hearing from you!

no excuse necessary for Fitz ... he is a better starting QB than Geno for the 2016 NYJ

42 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm not sure he can improve on how his brain processes information especially in these pressure threads.

6 minutes ago, ljr said:

Lol

there's the other Geno worshipper ... Had been getting worried that we weren't hearing from you!

no excuse necessary for Fitz ... he is a better starting QB than Geno for the 2016 NYJ

Geno supporter knowing he got a raw deal in his first stint here and also knowing the Jets dont have the money Fitzpatrick is demanding 

He's such a great starting QB that no other team in the NFL has shown any interest in him his only chance was taken by Mark Sanchez 

Get real 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno supporter knowing he got a raw deal in his first stint here and also knowing the Jets dont have the money Fitzpatrick is demanding 

He's such a great starting QB that no other team in the NFL has shown any interest in him his only chance was taken by Mark Sanchez 

Get real 

I'll try to remember to bring you a box of tissues when the Fitz deal gets done around the start of TC

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

yes of course they are but sometimes it just does not work that's why so many QB's fail at this level. If it was all about physical ability Jamarcus Russel and Kordell Stewart would have been superstars

Kordell had his best year under Chan Gailey.

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't ******* care.

It would appear the make believe is that Fitz is on the roster.  The article dealt with a hypothetical...that maybe Geno could be the answer since Fitz has not accepted a contract...I see nothing wrong with evaluating his reasons on the merits...I see common sense in Macc trying to pay Fitz a reasonable salary and if he will not accept that then it's next man up...because Fitz is not the guy I want to see us break the bank.  By the actions of the other 31 teams I see no other team willing to concede to his contract demands.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Actually, Geno improved in virtually every statistical category in his sophomore season despite the team being systematically decimated around him. 

Archived