Rocket Scientists

BowlesMovement

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz is here?  That dude is so smart.  His Harvard education equates to a QB who can tear apart defenses with his superior intelligent even in spite of his puny arm.

No, but a capable Qb who is better than a game manager who the players and coaching staff (and most fans) have confidence in. A Qb who gave us our best Qb play and offense in years. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I need peyote to retort it, I'm all out of energy

Maybe you could work up that list of starting caliber QBs who have been available in free agency in July over the years for me. That should be easy enough, right?

1 minute ago, slats said:

Maybe you could work up that list of starting caliber QBs who have been available in free agency in July over the years for me. That should be easy enough, right?

No they are usually signed. Most teams don't do stupid s like this. And fight over a few million bucks with your starting Qb. Only Woody Johson which is a reason nobody wanted to work for him. btw I think Phil Simms once held out until the 2nd exhibition game one year. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Here's the problem, if you have read my posts, I have consistently said that Fitz is a borderline starting QB/quality backup, so your barking up the wrong tree. 

4 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have seen many of the boards Rocket Scientists making claims about how all 31 teams have said no to Fitzpatrick, except the Jets. 

So, while they are busy helping build tools to get our great species to Mars and beyond, I figured I would dig a bit deeper into this, so they can continue their far more important work.

Lets look at all 31 teams, and their QB situation:

AFC East

Patriots - Brady

Jets

Bills - Taylor, young QB who showed a lot of promise, no way you can think about replacing him unless a bonafide top tier QB becomes available

Dolphins - Tannehill, I don't think he is very good, but they are tied to him based on the contract they gave him, and they need to see if he can become anything. Only way they replace him is with a bonafide top tier QB

AFC West

Broncos - Sanchez and an unproven, definitely a possibility

Chiefs - Alex Smith, no reason to go after Fitzpatrick, if a stud QB became available, would make sense, but Smith is in the same class of QB as Fitzpatrick, but probably better.

Chargers - Rivers, despite me thinking he is overrated, he is still better than Fitzpatrick, and still a middle of the pack starter in this league, no reason to go after a QB short of a true star

Raiders - Solid young up and coming QB in Carr, can't even thin about it

AFC North

Bengals - Dalton, basically a slightly better Fitzpatrick, same class of QB as Fitzpatrick, younger and a bit better

Steelers - Rapist

Ravens - Flacco

Browns - Nothing really, could have been a possibility, but Fitzpatrick makes no sense for them at all. They have nothing around him, and are in a rebuild mode with a new HC, he would be pointless for them.

AFC South

Texans - Signed Osweiller to a big deal, I think it was a mistake, but time will tell

Colts - Mr. Overrated, Andrew Luck

Jaguars - Bortles, not sure how good he is, but young and promising

Titans - Just drafted Mariota

NFC East

Redskins - got a good season out of Cousins and tagged him

Giants - Eli Manning

Cowboys - Romo, Fitzpatrick would be a great backup option for them, but not a starter option for them

Eagles - similar to Browns, and they tagged Bradford, who is worse than Fitzpatrick

NFC West

Cardinals - Palmer

Seahawks - Wilson

49ers - Similar to Browns, and still have Kap with a big $$ contract

Rams - Could have been a fit, but were committed to going out and getting Goff, hard to fault any team for making a big push for a potential franchise QB

NFC North

Packers - The guy Geno would have been had he sat behind Favre for a few years

Bears - Cutler, I think he sucks, and Fitzpatrick is a better overall starting QB, but with the contract he has, Fitzpatrick is not that good to consider the move

Lions - Stafford, I don't think he is very good, but Fitzpatrick makes no sense over him

Vikings - Young up and coming QB in Bridgewater

NFC South

Panthers - Dabber

Falcons - Another hugely overrated QB, but still probaly better than Fitzpatrick in Matty "melted ice"

Saints - Brees

Bucs - Winston just drafted

So, while I am not a rocket scientist, the realistic options for a starting QB of the caliber of Fitzpatrick was basically the Jets, and the Broncos. Ironically, the two teams who showed interest in him, but also the two teams who can do the same non rocket science type analysis I just did above, and see that there is no reason to pay him what he is looking for.

It happens to be a very rare time in the NFL where the majority of teams are committed to a QB for better or for worse. 

So, when you have a spare second trying to find an alternate planet for our species, because plastic is destroying the Earth, please keep this in mind when you throw around "All 31 teams passed on Fitz".

Kind thanks in advance

You are correct Sir.. Thank you for pointing out that EVERY other team in the NFl has a better option at qb than Ryan Fitzpatrick.. He is EXTREMELY lucky he has 1 offer at all.. But I realize he wants to consider all his options ?

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Here's the problem, if you have read my posts, I have consistently said that Fitz is a borderline starting QB/quality backup, so your barking up the wrong tree. 

Hmmm...  That would seem to fly in the face of your need to pretend that the reason Fitzpatrick is still unemployed is because there are no starting jobs available. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Hmmm...  That would seem to fly in the face of your need to pretend that the reason Fitzpatrick is still unemployed is because there are no starting jobs available. 

I think Bowles is trying to say, there are no starting jobs available for "borderline starter/ quality backup" And no one is EVER going to pay starter $$ to a " 34 year old quality backup " who has consistent  history of blowing big games .. 

How does this Fitz 6 month free agency BS compare historically?  In Jet terms and overall for the NFL.

Such a crap player being so important to a team's season plan.  No interest from any other teams because the player is a career loser.  The idiots in charge saying the crap free agent is the starter when he's not even on the team.  Yet the player continues to holdout demanding a better deal.

Can't make this stuff up.  So have there been any other worse or comparable situations in recent memory?

I know many like to say Rex wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, but don't think he's ever done anything this stupid.

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

How does this Fitz 6 month free agency BS compare historically?  In Jet terms and overall for the NFL.

Such a crap player being so important to a team's season plan.  No interest from any other teams because the player is a career loser.  The idiots in charge saying the crap free agent is the starter when he's not even on the team.  Yet the player continues to holdout demanding a better deal.

Can't make this stuff up.  So have there been any other worse or comparable situations in recent memory?

I know many like to say Rex wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, but don't think he's ever done anything this stupid.

I expect this to be about as fruitful as debating with joewilly12 or slats, but what the hell.

can you name me some other QBs historically that are SUCH crap that they have thrown about 40 or more TDs than Ints?

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I expect this to be about as fruitful as debating with joewilly12 or slats, but what the hell.

can you name me some other QBs historically that are SUCH crap that they have thrown about 40 or more TDs than Ints?

Nope.  I don't know QB stats offhand and don't care enough to look.  I just know Fitz sucks as a starting QB.

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Makes sense.... Your a Pats fan

Also, hate to be grammar Nazi.  Hell I mess up all the time.  But when making fun of others' intelligence, may wanna proofread.  Think you meant "You're a Pats fan".

11 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

How does it feel to be on joewilly12's level? I hope to get there some day.

It took you this long to come up with this lousy reply? Lol. You have nothing to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Also, hate to be grammar Nazi.  Hell I mess up all the time.  But when making fun of others' intelligence, may wanna proofread.  Think you meant "You're a Pats fan".

Yea, that's what I meant, thanks for the clarification, you are a pats fan

6 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I have seen many of the boards Rocket Scientists making claims about how all 31 teams have said no to Fitzpatrick, except the Jets. 

So, while they are busy helping build tools to get our great species to Mars and beyond, I figured I would dig a bit deeper into this, so they can continue their far more important work.

Lets look at all 31 teams, and their QB situation:

AFC East

Patriots - Brady

Jets

Bills - Taylor, young QB who showed a lot of promise, no way you can think about replacing him unless a bonafide top tier QB becomes available

Dolphins - Tannehill, I don't think he is very good, but they are tied to him based on the contract they gave him, and they need to see if he can become anything. Only way they replace him is with a bonafide top tier QB

AFC West

Broncos - Sanchez and an unproven, definitely a possibility

Chiefs - Alex Smith, no reason to go after Fitzpatrick, if a stud QB became available, would make sense, but Smith is in the same class of QB as Fitzpatrick, but probably better.

Chargers - Rivers, despite me thinking he is overrated, he is still better than Fitzpatrick, and still a middle of the pack starter in this league, no reason to go after a QB short of a true star

Raiders - Solid young up and coming QB in Carr, can't even thin about it

AFC North

Bengals - Dalton, basically a slightly better Fitzpatrick, same class of QB as Fitzpatrick, younger and a bit better

Steelers - Rapist

Ravens - Flacco

Browns - Nothing really, could have been a possibility, but Fitzpatrick makes no sense for them at all. They have nothing around him, and are in a rebuild mode with a new HC, he would be pointless for them.

AFC South

Texans - Signed Osweiller to a big deal, I think it was a mistake, but time will tell

Colts - Mr. Overrated, Andrew Luck

Jaguars - Bortles, not sure how good he is, but young and promising

Titans - Just drafted Mariota

NFC East

Redskins - got a good season out of Cousins and tagged him

Giants - Eli Manning

Cowboys - Romo, Fitzpatrick would be a great backup option for them, but not a starter option for them

Eagles - similar to Browns, and they tagged Bradford, who is worse than Fitzpatrick

NFC West

Cardinals - Palmer

Seahawks - Wilson

49ers - Similar to Browns, and still have Kap with a big $$ contract

Rams - Could have been a fit, but were committed to going out and getting Goff, hard to fault any team for making a big push for a potential franchise QB

NFC North

Packers - The guy Geno would have been had he sat behind Favre for a few years

Bears - Cutler, I think he sucks, and Fitzpatrick is a better overall starting QB, but with the contract he has, Fitzpatrick is not that good to consider the move

Lions - Stafford, I don't think he is very good, but Fitzpatrick makes no sense over him

Vikings - Young up and coming QB in Bridgewater

NFC South

Panthers - Dabber

Falcons - Another hugely overrated QB, but still probaly better than Fitzpatrick in Matty "melted ice"

Saints - Brees

Bucs - Winston just drafted

So, while I am not a rocket scientist, the realistic options for a starting QB of the caliber of Fitzpatrick was basically the Jets, and the Broncos. Ironically, the two teams who showed interest in him, but also the two teams who can do the same non rocket science type analysis I just did above, and see that there is no reason to pay him what he is looking for.

It happens to be a very rare time in the NFL where the majority of teams are committed to a QB for better or for worse. 

So, when you have a spare second trying to find an alternate planet for our species, because plastic is destroying the Earth, please keep this in mind when you throw around "All 31 teams passed on Fitz".

Kind thanks in advance

So you're saying that there are 30 other teams that had a QB situation better than Fitz or he wasn't a feasible options. Sounds awfully similar to "passed on Fitz". You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. If Fitz was half decent, atleast half the NFL would pick him up. But he's a bottom of the barrel QB. Besides Jet n Broncos, no one wanted him n even the Broncos think Sanchez was a better option than Mr. Journeyman. 

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I was driving, and I don't post and drive

I was referring to the fact that you had already replied to the same post an hour ago with one weak response, then felt the need 45 minutes later to add this equally sad reply. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Yea, that's what I meant, thanks for the clarification, you are a pats fan

Much better.  It'll take some time, but hang around long enough and we'll raise your football IQ a bunch.  Even your regular IQ a bit too.  B)

Just now, Mike135 said:

Much better.  It'll take some time, but hang around long enough and we'll raise your football IQ a bunch.  Even your regular IQ a bit too.  B)

yea, either that or we can witness the total destruction of a once great message board, known as jetnation

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I was referring to the fact that you had already replied to the same post an hour ago with one weak response, then felt the need 45 minutes later to add this equally sad reply. 

hey, it's not easy hanging with you guys, cut me some slack

Archived