Jump to content

Rocket Scientists


BowlesMovement
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's pretty much verified that Denver wanted to offer Fitz a 1 year for 7 contract. After they signed Sanchez. Which he turned down. So why do you refuse to acknowledge that. Take the blinders off. 

Blinders? What i see is 32 NFL teams and nobody wants Fitzpatrick for his asking price. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we've over this before and you're wrong again so why bother. And there are 32 teams in the NFL and not all of them are going to want one specific player. Nobody ever said he's a franchise Qb. Not every team likes every Qb. So keep using this argument since you have no good reasoning at all. You can put the facts on ignore but that doesn't change the argument. 

You asked who needs a QB and I gave you a few teams who don't have a set starting QB.  You're right.  We're all wrong.  

Whatever makes you happy.  No ones opinion counts. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You asked who needs a QB and I gave you a few teams who don't have a set starting QB.  You're right.  We're all wrong.  

Whatever makes you happy.  No ones opinion counts. 

Sure you have a right to your opinion. I never meant to say you didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Powpow said:

Well hard to argue with a guy who could emotionally implode any given moment but is still an elite WR. Shocking he was available for a measly 5th rounder. He must really have tested The Bears patience like POS Holmes did in NY. Different but equally troublesome. Good to see Marshall keeping his marbles in place. 

 Lol ! He was by far the best WR in the afc.. Consider he racked up all those stats from a weak journeyman qb.. Marshall hurled in so many INTS.., he was such a wide large " smart " target, he was perfect for the weak arm, off target qb... Fitz would be home retired with zero options instead of 1 if not for Marshall..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

 Lol ! He was by far the best WR in the afc.. Consider he racked up all those stats from a weak journeyman qb.. Marshall hurled in so many INTS.., he was such a wide large " smart " target, he was perfect for the weak arm, off target qb... Fitz would be home retired with zero options instead of 1 if not for Marshall..

Yea Fitz should get zero credit for throwing for 31 td's and 4000 yards. ZERO. I bet is was all smoking mirrows. Marshall threw the ball to himself. Yep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Context is a mother fker, and way above your comprehension level, so we can just leave it at that. I'd rather you focus your horse power on something more your speed.

Yeah well that's a pretty vague "mother fker" reply because you obviously had nothing worthwhile to add to the fact I burst your entire OP to pieces. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It's pretty much verified that Denver wanted to offer Fitz a 1 year for 7 contract. After they signed Sanchez. Which he turned down. So why do you refuse to acknowledge that. Take the blinders off. 

Pretty much.....they wanted to offer.....1 year?

whats to acknowledge?  That they may or may not have made an offer?  That was for backup money if it even happened? 

So there that proves it, he was in demand.  Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2016 at 11:22 AM, Rangers9 said:

Rocket Science says there are no job openings this year. He even went over every team in the NFL. It could be a different market next off season. Contracts will run out, guys will have bad years, teams will make changes. Fitz is not better than most of those guys but he's a legit starting Qb and proved he can competently run an offense. Esp ours. And he's a better fit with the Jets than some of those other guys. Maybe a guy like Cutler would not be as successful here as he would with another team. I mean who worked better with Marshall, Cutler or Fitz.  It's not just about pure athletic talent.  It would be stupid not to sign him over a few million bucks. 

The difference between the two sides isn't small, i don't think it's as simple as a few million bucks 

The last team that gave him a big contract, how did that work out for them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The difference between the two sides isn't small, i don't think it's as simple as a few million bucks 

The last team that gave him a big contract, how did that work out for them?

He offered one year 12 mil. The average is 8. So maybe they could compromise for 10. At this stage he might even take 8. As for 4 years ago that was in the past with a different team, different circumstances. Maybe the guy just fits in better here, which is kind of what Bowles said last year. Something to the effect it can sometimes take years for a player to find the right spot. So on a one year deal it's fair to all parties. The Jets can go in a different direction in 2017. If Fitz regresses they aren't stuck with him. And if Fitz plays well he can market his skills to get a better contract. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2016 at 0:07 PM, slats said:

If Fitzpatrick is a legitimate starting QB, the Broncos, Browns, 49ers, Rams, and Cowboys all should've expressed serious interest. The Broncos, obviously, being the big standout, having just won a Super Bowl with a shell-of-himself, game managing Peyton Manning. Fitzpatrick -if starting caliber- fit that situation like a glove. 

Romo has probably already broken his collarbone, and he's 36 years old, himself. Spending a healthy sum on Fitzpatrick with added incentives if/when he starts games would've been a wise investment - if Fitzpatrick is starting caliber. 

You want to argue that the Browns or Rams have no use for him, but they have the same exact use for him on those teams as the Jets presumably do - add a steady hand to hold the fort at QB then glide into the mentor role. 

The 49ers are stuck with Kaepernick, but don't like him, and are ready to roll with Gabbert. Again, if Fitzpatrick is a starting caliber QB, he should absolutely have drawn interest there. 

Because starting caliber QBs get signed in this league, they don't die on the free agency vine in the summer. I mean, can you come up with another starting caliber QB who was still a free agent in July in any season? That's gotta be a super short list. 

Instead, Fitzpatrick got a cursory glance from the Broncos, and absolutely nothing else. There's a reason for that, and it's not that all the jobs were filled. 

This is really the main thing that has me scratching my head.  Supposedly Fitz camp came back to the Jets with a 1 year offer in lieu of the 1 year + 2 at back up.  If this was true, why wouldnt fitz accept the 1 year from the defending SB Champs? Is it because $7M this year is $5M lower than the Jets 1st year of the 3 year contract? If the contract the Jets offered was something like $12+$6+$6 he would never make up that $5M cut this year.  IDK. Signs point to him wanting the best deal from the Jets period.  He signs here at the end of the month.  Also, @BowlesMovement stated using rocket science that Geno = Rodgers with sitting for the first couple years.  well he sat last year so maybe he can be 1/2 Aaron?  I hope so since even if Fitz signs, with the way he plays he might not even finish the year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick wants a longterm deal 3 years he doesn't understand his value he hopes the Jets will overpay out of desperation I hope Macc doesn't we dont need a 34 year old QB locked up for 3 years at crazy money,

he knows 3rd year is useless though so who cares if he gets. He will be cut after 2nd year and 3rd year salary voided.. no biggee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick wants a longterm deal 3 years he doesn't understand his value he hopes the Jets will overpay out of desperation I hope Macc doesn't we dont need a 34 year old QB locked up for 3 years at crazy money,

Mac wants to sign Fitz to a 3 year deal. And Fitz has countered and wants a one year deal. Let's get our facts straight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz wants money he isn't worth its quite obvious 

So why don't you state it correctly then. He wants a one year 12 mil and you're saying he's not worth it. Mac offered him 3-24 with 15 guaranteed. Before incentives. He turned it down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So why don't you state it correctly then. He wants a one year 12 mil and you're saying he's not worth it. Mac offered him 3-24 with 15 guaranteed. Before incentives. He turned it down. 

You stated it nice job! Atta boy you the man. Bottom line Fitz isn't worth it and hopefully Macc realizes this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if they drafted Hack that high with Petty on roster, they must love him. I trust mac, a 1 year deal w/Fitz is OK w/me..

 

what is being lost here, is Mac/Jets may feel with that brutal schedule UP FRONT (6 of 9 on road to start, 6 of 8 on road after home opener vs tough bengals team) team spirit may suffer if we go 3-6 and playoffs a long shot.. 

who knows, I know all teams in division have basically same schedule, but 6/8 on road to start after tuf home opener is unusual....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

if they drafted Hack that high with Petty on roster, they must love him. I trust mac, a 1 year deal w/Fitz is OK w/me..

 

what is being lost here, is Mac/Jets may feel with that brutal schedule UP FRONT (6 of 9 on road to start, 6 of 8 on road after home opener vs tough bengals team) team spirit may suffer if we go 3-6 and playoffs a long shot.. 

who knows, I know all teams in division have basically same schedule, but 6/8 on road to start after tuf home opener is unusual....

The schedule is brutal thats a fact. The uncertainty at QB is very frustrating this off season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On July 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Rangers9 said:

Rocket Science says there are no job openings this year. He even went over every team in the NFL. It could be a different market next off season. Contracts will run out, guys will have bad years, teams will make changes. Fitz is not better than most of those guys but he's a legit starting Qb and proved he can competently run an offense. Esp ours. And he's a better fit with the Jets than some of those other guys. Maybe a guy like Cutler would not be as successful here as he would with another team. I mean who worked better with Marshall, Cutler or Fitz.  It's not just about pure athletic talent.  It would be stupid not to sign him over a few million bucks. 

Do you really have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that there are 31 other teams that think they are better off without Fitz?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Powpow said:

Yea Fitz should get zero credit for throwing for 31 td's and 4000 yards. ZERO. I bet is was all smoking mirrows. Marshall threw the ball to himself. Yep.

Lol chillax fitzatic.. I never said he should get " zero " credit.  Fitz probably throws 15-20 tds without Marshall.. With 20+ turnovers.  Decker would have seen lot of double teams.. We would have had to run more.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

history repeated itself,we don't draft all that well.

Oh I get Geno being a bad pick. I am just not sure if it meant a slight at Petty. maybe, maybe not. Most NFL OCs (I havent seen a Chan quote on it) are agreeing spread QBs (petty) need 2 full years for the light to go on. Does taking Hack that high mean Petty isnt 'getting it' OR, is he doing fine for year 1 and the jets Petty and Hack (Fitz not part of long term future) as a good 1 /2 tandem for future (who emerges as starter so be it)..Time will tell...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Oh I get Geno being a bad pick. I am just not sure if it meant a slight at Petty. maybe, maybe not. Most NFL OCs (I havent seen a Chan quote on it) are agreeing spread QBs (petty) need 2 full years for the light to go on. Does taking Hack that high mean Petty isnt 'getting it' OR, is he doing fine for year 1 and the jets Petty and Hack (Fitz not part of long term future) as a good 1 /2 tandem for future (who emerges as starter so be it)..Time will tell...

Geno was a good pick at the time he was a good prospect coming out of college Rex Ryan rushed him into service and now he's playing remedial football to get back to a level thats NFL caliber he had poor coaching and worst offense a QB could ask for when he was the starter he wasn't a bad pick. 

Sadder is us arguing over a 34 year old journeyman QB who has never played the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol chillax fitzatic.. I never said he should get " zero " credit.  Fitz probably throws 15-20 tds without Marshall.. With 20+ turnovers.  Decker would have seen lot of double teams.. We would have had to run more.. 

The thing is he does have Marshall. And if they work as a combo well why break it up. And Marshall worked better with Fitz than he did with Cutler. Did you guys ever hear of team chemistry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is he does have Marshall. And if they work as a combo well why break it up. And Marshall worked better with Fitz than he did with Cutler. Did you guys ever hear of team chemistry. 

Wait wasn't Marshall endorsing Geno then he went back to Fitz then back to Geno

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno was a good pick at the time he was a good prospect coming out of college Rex Ryan rushed him into service and now he's playing remedial football to get back to a level thats NFL caliber he had poor coaching and worst offense a QB could ask for when he was the starter he wasn't a bad pick. 

Sadder is us arguing over a 34 year old journeyman QB who has never played the playoffs.

nah, Geno cant read Progressions, will never be good if Lance Alworth, Jerry Rice and Dom Maynard were his WRs, LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is he does have Marshall. And if they work as a combo well why break it up. And Marshall worked better with Fitz than he did with Cutler. Did you guys ever hear of team chemistry. 

Fitz, Marshall and Decker obviously do have some chemistry.  Enough to go 10-6 and miss the playoffs failing miserably week 17.  All during a very easy year.

Not good enough.  Maybe Macc can send the three of 'em on a guys only cruise for a week so they can say goodbye to each other.

Enough is enough of this butt-buddy stuff though.  The objective is to win, not hang with your friends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz, Marshall and Decker obviously do have some chemistry.  Enough to go 10-6 and miss the playoffs failing miserably week 17.  All during a very easy year.

Not good enough.  Maybe Macc can send the three of 'em on a guys only cruise for a week so they can say goodbye to each other.

Enough is enough of this butt-buddy stuff though.  The objective is to win, not hang with your friends.

Chemistry with an easy schedule?  I call it a game of catch against crappy teams we only beat 2 teams with winning records. 

Marshall and Decker shouldn't choose the QB sorry thats not how the NFL works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...