Jump to content

Rocket Scientists


BowlesMovement
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Fitz, Marshall and Decker obviously do have some chemistry.  Enough to go 10-6 and miss the playoffs failing miserably week 17.  All during a very easy year.

Not good enough.  Maybe Macc can send the three of 'em on a guys only cruise for a week so they can say goodbye to each other.

Enough is enough of this butt-buddy stuff though.  The objective is to win, not hang with your friends.

Ok. So what was the record again the year before? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

This is really the main thing that has me scratching my head.  Supposedly Fitz camp came back to the Jets with a 1 year offer in lieu of the 1 year + 2 at back up.  If this was true, why wouldnt fitz accept the 1 year from the defending SB Champs? Is it because $7M this year is $5M lower than the Jets 1st year of the 3 year contract? If the contract the Jets offered was something like $12+$6+$6 he would never make up that $5M cut this year.  IDK. Signs point to him wanting the best deal from the Jets period.  He signs here at the end of the month.  Also, @BowlesMovement stated using rocket science that Geno = Rodgers with sitting for the first couple years.  well he sat last year so maybe he can be 1/2 Aaron?  I hope so since even if Fitz signs, with the way he plays he might not even finish the year...

That 1 for 7 mil offer from the Broncos was like in March. The Fitz offer to sign for one year here for 12 was in June. Things obviously changed in 3 months. It looked at that time like more of a sure thing he'd re-sign with the Jets. Now maybe not so much.  Sure he could make up that money if he takes a Denver style offer somewhere. It depends on how well he plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

For a team that included Bowles, Gailey, Marshall, Decker (healthy), Revis, Skrine, Gilchrist, Wlliams?..

Dunno, don't think that team existed.

And the best Qb play we had in years. Hopefully management won't be stupid and ruin that after a good year esp offensively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol chillax fitzatic.. I never said he should get " zero " credit.  Fitz probably throws 15-20 tds without Marshall.. With 20+ turnovers.  Decker would have seen lot of double teams.. We would have had to run more.. 

I love this hypothetical bullsh*t. If I was rich and mindless like Trump I could run for president!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

I love this hypothetical bullsh*t. If I was rich and mindless like Trump I could run for president!

A Jet fan president?  Hells yeah!  You'd have my vote.  Don't give up hope.  You're already halfway there.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is he does have Marshall. And if they work as a combo well why break it up. And Marshall worked better with Fitz than he did with Cutler. Did you guys ever hear of team chemistry. 

Fitz is the one breaking it up.. He was offered a reasonable deal, I think he would be stupid to turn it down.. He is running out of time.. However if he is that stupid geno is next man up and he will also reap the benefits of Marshall/decker and gailey calling the shots..

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That 1 for 7 mil offer from the Broncos was like in March. The Fitz offer to sign for one year here for 12 was in June. Things obviously changed in 3 months. It looked at that time like more of a sure thing he'd re-sign with the Jets. Now maybe not so much.  Sure he could make up that money if he takes a Denver style offer somewhere. It depends on how well he plays. 

I didnt think he had the option to sign here on a 1 year deal.  I remember reading that Fitz camp proposed it and the Jets shot it down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every team did pass on him, because he's good enough to be a backup.  However, he doesn't want to be a backup, and is trying to leverage a good year into guaranteed money, and it backfired.  

Eagles signed two guys to big contracts, and then felt uneasy about them, to go out and pay a ransom to get Wentz.   

Browns signed a guy who was run out of town in Washington as a reclamation project.  

The Broncos, the ultimate win now team, not only passed on Fitz, they signed Sanchez and then waited for Lynch to drop to them (and he might not even start this year)

The Texans threw 72 million at an unproven player, rather than the familiar and valued leader Fitz for another win now team.   

The 49ers have Blaine Gabbert starting, and they can cut Kap without much penalty to fit in Fitz if they believed in him.

There were 6 teams that could have taken Fitz for a starter this season (including Jets) and they all seem to have gone different ways.  I'm not sure why saying all the other teams passed on him is prohibited because they have essentially passed on him.  They only want him as a back-up, which I'm sure most of the people here would agree with.  No one wants to give him a starting opportunity for starter money.   There are 32 starting QB jobs in the NFL, and so far 32 teams have decided to anoint someone else for that job.  If Fitz wants to play for a million, then I'm sure other teams would be interested.  If Toyota wants to give me a Corolla for $20, I'm sure I can overlook it's shortcomings as well, but that's not the case.    

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz is the one breaking it up.. He was offered a reasonable deal, I think he would be stupid to turn it down.. He is running out of time.. However if he is that stupid geno is next man up and he will also reap the benefits of Marshall/decker and gailey calling the shots..

well, he did turn that deal down. would you still think that Fitzpatrick is stupid for turning down the 12-6-6 contract when he signs a contract for more money and/or better terms next month? nobody is breaking anything up. fitz will 100% be signed. sometimes things take more time than usual

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz is the one breaking it up.. He was offered a reasonable deal, I think he would be stupid to turn it down.. He is running out of time.. However if he is that stupid geno is next man up and he will also reap the benefits of Marshall/decker and gailey calling the shots..

Well, him and his agent don't think it's reasonable. And not a good contract. And now you're saying he's stupid. Because he isn't doing what you say he should do. I think he knows the market better than we do. As for no teams making him a better offer that doesn't mean you have to sign. Sometimes you wait and see when the market opens up. Right now no starting Qb jobs but that could change. We've said before and you guys just won't listen: these guys are under contract. The only true opening is when a team does not have a starting Qb under contract. And not every team wants a player. Forte just signed with us but not every NFL team made him an offer. The way I read it there were only about 4 teams he talked to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, him and his agent don't think it's reasonable. And not a good contract. And now you're saying he's stupid. Because he isn't doing what you say he should do. I think he knows the market better than we do. As for no teams making him a better offer that doesn't mean you have to sign. Sometimes you wait and see when the market opens up. Right now no starting Qb jobs but that could change. We've said before and you guys just won't listen: these guys are under contract. The only true opening is when a team does not have a starting Qb under contract. And not every team wants a player. Forte just signed with us but not every NFL team made him an offer. The way I read it there were only about 4 teams he talked to. 

Fitz is smart, but stupid.

That deal the Jets are offering is way, way too much.  He should run to Florham Park fast, before the Jets pull the offer off the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Fitz is smart, but stupid.

That deal the Jets are offering is way, way too much.  He should run to Florham Park fast, before the Jets pull the offer off the table.

Obviously he doesn't think so. They desperately do not want to go into the season with Geno Smith and neither do real Jets fans. 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Obviously he doesn't think so. They desperately do not want to go into the season with Geno Smith and neither do real Jets fans. 

Fitz will sign 1-2 weeks into camp. He is banking on 1 bonafide playoff / SB contending team losing their QB in camp. if that happens bargaining power goes up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Obviously he doesn't think so. They desperately do not want to go into the season with Geno Smith and neither do real Jets fans. 

haha.  I love the "real Jet fans" comment.  priceless.  I don't want the Jets to overpay for a 10 year career backup, who has had numerous starting QB opportunities, who wins 6 out of every 16 games he starts, and you're questioning my validity as a focking Jet fan?  whatadoosh you are.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

haha.  I love the "real Jet fans" comment.  priceless.  I don't want the Jets to overpay for a 10 year career backup, who has had numerous starting QB opportunities, who wins 6 out of every 16 games he starts, and you're questioning my validity as a focking Jet fan?  whatadoosh you are.

Funny the guy won 10 out of 16 with us and 16 out of his last 28 starts including with Houston. That's what you judge him on not 10 years ago. These people for whatever reason (and I really wonder why) are Geno fans not Jets fans. They've even said they would rather lose with Geno than to win with Fitz. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Fitz will sign 1-2 weeks into camp. He is banking on 1 bonafide playoff / SB contending team losing their QB in camp. if that happens bargaining power goes up.

It could take into the season for injuries like that to happen or for teams to decide they want to go with him. When you look at NFL backups many teams do not have good experienced backup Qbs with a lot of starts. I'm hoping that Mac compromises with Fitz gives him a one year deal and we go forward with our BAP at Qb. But if he wants to play Sheriff it could come back to bite us big time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Obviously he doesn't think so. They desperately do not want to go into the season with Geno Smith and neither do real Jets fans. 

Real Jets fans don't want to overpay for a career loser who chokes in the biggest game of his life, Mrs. Fitz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Funny the guy won 10 out of 16 with us and 16 out of his last 28 starts including with Houston. That's what you judge him on not 10 years ago. These people for whatever reason (and I really wonder why) are Geno fans not Jets fans. They've even said they would rather lose with Geno than to win with Fitz. 

This is a site for JETS FANS.  Calling posters that don't agree with you not "real Jet fans" is a kick to the balls.

I will wait for an apology.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This overpaying (which it isn't) is just an excuse people who hate the guy use not to sign him. Some of them even root against him on the field believe it or not. If you look at Fitz's career he's started most of the games he suited up in. And his stats are not that bad. Even with Tenn. in 2013 he had nine starts with 14 Tds and 12 picks. I mean the Jets are lucky to have a guy like this. He's a very competent guy who can run our offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

This is a site for JETS FANS.  Calling posters that don't agree with you not "real Jet fans" is a kick to the balls.

I will wait for an apology.

You're right. I shouldn't paint everyone with the same broad brush. Apology extended. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This overpaying (which it isn't) is just an excuse people who hate the guy use not to sign him. Some of them even root against him on the field believe it or not. If you look at Fitz's career he's started most of the games he suited up in. And his stats are not that bad. Even with Tenn. in 2013 he had nine starts with 14 Tds and 12 picks. I mean the Jets are lucky to have a guy like this. He's a very competent guy who can run our offense. 

If they give him more than what theyve already offered him they'd be drastically overpaying him.  A strong case could be made that the money they already offered is too much.

No matter how much you love him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they give him more than what theyve already offered him they'd be drastically overpaying him.  A strong case could be made that the money they already offered is too much.

No matter how much you love him.  

And I don't love Fitz. I'd take a number of Qbs over him any day. I even preferred last year us signing Hoyer over Fitz. But he did a good job. And it's not smart to battle with him over a few million bucks. He's asked for a one year deal which wouldn't cost the team an arm and a leg. You're not going to get a Qb cheaper than he is who can run our offense this year. There are just none available.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Fitz will sign 1-2 weeks into camp. He is banking on 1 bonafide playoff / SB contending team losing their QB in camp. if that happens bargaining power goes up.

Denver hasn't had a QB since the beginning of free agency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It could take into the season for injuries like that to happen or for teams to decide they want to go with him. When you look at NFL backups many teams do not have good experienced backup Qbs with a lot of starts. I'm hoping that Mac compromises with Fitz gives him a one year deal and we go forward with our BAP at Qb. But if he wants to play Sheriff it could come back to bite us big time.

smh, no kidding. Fitz is HOPING someone goes down early early early, like 1st 10 days of camp. if not, he signs w/jets. Probably does anyways, just has more bargaining power.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Well, him and his agent don't think it's reasonable. And not a good contract. And now you're saying he's stupid. Because he isn't doing what you say he should do. I think he knows the market better than we do. As for no teams making him a better offer that doesn't mean you have to sign. Sometimes you wait and see when the market opens up. Right now no starting Qb jobs but that could change. We've said before and you guys just won't listen: these guys are under contract. The only true opening is when a team does not have a starting Qb under contract. And not every team wants a player. Forte just signed with us but not every NFL team made him an offer. The way I read it there were only about 4 teams he talked to. 

You don't think it is a good contract.. Because you care more about Ryan  Fitzpatrick than you do the jets. I think it is a good contract, for the jets and even Ryan.. But I care about the jets much more than a diva journeyman who doesnt really care where he plays... He is stupid in how he has overvalued himself tremendously this offseason.. He would be stupid to go into the season a FA hoping a teams starting qb gets hurt, who will actually want to go with fitz over their current #2.. Fitz will be very rusty, out of shape, won't know their system.. The #2 will be ready to go and will take over immediately.. Fitz would have to then wait for that qb to fail.. Why would anyone pay fitz more then $3-$4 after the season starts to be the #2?? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You don't think it is a good contract.. Because you care more about Ryan  Fitzpatrick than you do the jets. I think it is a good contract, for the jets and even Ryan.. But I care about the jets much more than a diva journeyman who doesnt really care where he plays... He is stupid in how he has overvalued himself tremendously this offseason.. He would be stupid to go into the season a FA hoping a teams starting qb gets hurt, who will actually want to go with fitz over their current #2.. Fitz will be very rusty, out of shape, won't know their system.. The #2 will be ready to go and will take over immediately.. Fitz would have to then wait for that qb to fail.. Why would anyone pay fitz more then $3-$4 after the season starts to be the #2?? 

Look, Fitz signing is his business. He thinks it's a bad offer and I agree. Because I am a good Jets fan and believe he gives us our best chance to win I hope we sign him. If we don't I root for Geno not for Fitz. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, Fitz signing is his business. He thinks it's a bad offer and I agree. Because I am a good Jets fan and believe he gives us our best chance to win I hope we sign him. If we don't I root for Geno not for Fitz. 

agree, only thing that counts as far as football is Jets Lives Matter........ Bleed Green............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny the guy won 10 out of 16 with us and 16 out of his last 28 starts including with Houston. That's what you judge him on not 10 years ago. 

So, you would judge Peyton Manning only on his last 28 starts and not his entire body of work over his career?

Damn, Peyton will never be inducted into the HOF based on how you evaluate QB's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

 

 

So, you would judge Peyton Manning only on his last 28 starts and not his entire body of work over his career?

 

Damn, Peyton will never be inducted into the HOF based on how you evaluate QB's.

You're only as good as your last game.....

 

which means that Fitz is an horrific piece of sh*t who throws way too many interceptions and shrinks under the pressure.

 

GENO, GENO GENO!!!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...