Rocket Scientists

BowlesMovement

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

We had most of the same players in 2015 as we had in 2015? I think you might want to double check that one.

On offense in 2014 it was mostly the same key players except for Marshall. Tell me the real reason you'd rather start Geno over Fitz. No variables are ever going to be perfect for every player. If you really believe we can win with Geno ok your opinion. But you kind of admitted he was a question mark. Do you want 2016 to be a tryout year for him or a season we go for it with our best players. The window might not be opened that much more after this coming season. Some of our good vet players like Harris and even Marshall might not be here in '17. But I guarantee you if they let Fitz walk and Geno can't do the job there will be lots of friction in the locker room. These guys expect the Jets to win this year. We were within one play of going to the playoffs last year. And compared to 2014 it was a good season.

I ran a marathon this year 7 minutes faster than I did two year ago. I'm 33 now. You're right, our bodies definitely can't get better and stronger as we age.

Congrats!

But to compare a 33-year old weekend jogger to a 33-year old NFL player, is absolutely ludicrous.

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Congrats!

But to compare a 33-year old weekend jogger to a 33-year old NFL player, is absolutely ludicrous.

Weekend jogger? Don't even get me started. You'll be quite embarrassed.

Anyway, there are plenty of stories of professional athletes, of sustaining or even getting better at age 33.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Anyway, there are plenty of stories of professional athletes, of sustaining or even getting better at age 33.

I found as I aged I was able to eat much more food and also fart at a much higher alarming rate

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But not at 25?

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This thread has taken a new turn now we have members bragging about athletic accomplishments whats next pictures of participation trophies. 

LOL. Weiner measuring next...

Four guys guys walk into a bar and start arguing over who's penis is longer.

Well the bartender finally got sick of hearing them arguing so told them he had a way to solve this problem.

He told them to stick their penis' on the bar and he'd tell them who's was bigger.

Well just as they put them up there, a gay gentlemen walks in and yells "I'll have the buffet!"

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

But not at 25?

Geno's limitations aren't physical. They're mental. He has the tools, but hasn't been able to use them because he cannot connect his thought process to the game. To exacerbate that problem, he's also fairly inaccurate.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This thread has taken a new turn now we have members bragging about athletic accomplishments whats next pictures of participation trophies. 

Show me where I was bragging. If you have nothing constructive to add, maybe just don't say anything.

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

On offense in 2014 it was mostly the same key players except for Marshall. 

That's where I stopped reading. Marshall was a freakin' game changer last year. How many times did he bail Fitz out due to his freakish catch radius? 

When Geno last played a gimpy Decker was our number one and then we had Kerley and a bunch of JAGs. Kerley couldn't get on the field last year. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

That's where I stopped reading. Marshall was a freakin' game changer last year. How many times did he bail Fitz out due to his freakish catch radius? 

When Geno last played a gimpy Decker was our number one and then we had Kerley and a bunch of JAGs. Kerley couldn't get on the field last year. 

Marshall a beast who plays his balls off.........

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Don't forget though, when Decker was finally healthy at the end of 2014, Geno was pretty damn good.  With just Decker.

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That's where you lost me. Marshall didn't make the Qb. They just happened to work great together. You don't know if Geno has the same chemistry with Marshall that Fitz has. Cutler didn't. If something works great why would you want to change it. As for Decker he played in 2014. All players play injured. He was probably banged up in 2015. It's not a valid excuse. 

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno's limitations aren't physical. They're mental. He has the tools, but hasn't been able to use them because he cannot connect his thought process to the game. To exacerbate that problem, he's also fairly inaccurate.

You just described most young qbs problems.. Some never get it, but to give up ok a kid after his first two seasons is very premature.. Is hattenberg that big of project ? Why aren't we starting him right away ? Ready to dump him if his 1st two seasons aren't  great? Rex was a very poor offensive coach ( we all agree).. He got lucky surving with Sanchez early ( barely ) so he thought " hey I can put in another rookie qb and my best defense ever will take care of him. " few rookies are ready to start.. Their 2nd yr if they start, most don't " light it up " or make decisions like a vet would.. We didn't get to see him in yr 3 because he was a punk.. Now the players and coaches say the punch knocked some sense and humility in him.. He may get a chance to prove it if the diva downer sign by start of training camp..

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That's where you lost me. Marshall didn't make the Qb. They just happened to work great together. You don't know if Geno has the same chemistry with Marshall that Fitz has. Cutler didn't. If something works great why would you want to change it. As for Decker he played in 2014. All players play injured. He was probably banged up in 2015. It's not a valid excuse. 

Cutler didn't? Then why did Marshall produce at just about the exact same level with Cutler as he did with Fitz? Also, why did Cutler have comparable numbers to what Fitz had last year when he played with Marshall?

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Cutler didn't? Then why did Marshall produce at just about the exact same level with Cutler as he did with Fitz? Also, why did Cutler have comparable numbers to what Fitz had last year when he played with Marshall?

Not in 2014 he didn't. With the Jets in 3 more games he doubled his yardage. And there was friction between the 2 of them. 

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Cutler is a Fantasy sleeper for 2016. Solid QB if he has good defense to get leads and the Defense dont KNOW he has to throw. Forte/Marshall,,only thing is new playbook, and that is same story if they trade for Kap. Takes awhile to get those plays down. You can only put so many new plays in a week w/new QB/ Limits schemes for Chan.

Just like I count Bills game as reason why Fitz isnt a 5 year answer for Jets (inconsistent/cant throw in Northeast winds) I dont want to see previous posters telling me about opposite pressure games at end of meaningless seasons when no pressure and opposing teams resting starters who had slightest nicks.Almost preseason players on opposing defenses. Announcers were saying as much.

lets focus on 2016 and whoever is out there with the starting 33. Focus on 33 and focus on 6-4, 5-5 AT WORST at our BYE week. Trust me, 6-4 is really needed, 5-4 will take some wins vs teams we will be underdogs to. But in the end, BLEED GREEN (and pray for Lauren, our sites leaders heart and soul)

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Cutler is a Fantasy sleeper for 2016. Solid QB if he has good defense to get leads and the Defense dont KNOW he has to throw. Forte/Marshall,,only thing is new playbook, and that is same story if they trade for Kap. Takes awhile to get those plays down. You can only put so many new plays in a week w/new QB/ Limits schemes for Chan.

Just like I count Bills game as reason why Fitz isnt a 5 year answer for Jets (inconsistent/cant throw in Northeast winds) I dont want to see previous posters telling me about opposite pressure games at end of meaningless seasons when no pressure and opposing teams resting starters who had slightest nicks.Almost preseason players on opposing defenses. Announcers were saying as much.

lets focus on 2016 and whoever is out there with the starting 33. Focus on 33 and focus on 6-4, 5-5 AT WORST at our BYE week. Trust me, 6-4 is really needed, 5-4 will take some wins vs teams we will be underdogs to. But in the end, BLEED GREEN (and pray for Lauren, our sites leaders heart and soul)

Sleeper team in the AFC 2016 the New York Jets.

I'm not minimizing your accomplishments whatsoever. In fact, you should be proud of what you achieved.

But again, to equate a 33-year old running down the road for 26 miles to that of a 33-year old NFL player, is absolutely ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I'm not minimizing your accomplishments whatsoever. In fact, you should be proud of what you achieved.

But again, to equate a 33-year old running down the road for 26 miles to that of a 33-year old NFL player, is absolutely ridiculous.

Is that Carl in the middle? :D

article-2363887-1AD0E6D3000005DC-49_638x

You don't know if Geno has the same chemistry with Marshall that Fitz has. Cutler didn't. 

Do you just make up things to support your love affair with Fitz?

Marshall's first year with Cutler, he had 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 YPR and 11 TD's.

Can you imagine what he would have accomplished if he had chemistry with Cutler?.

27 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You're right. A marathon is harder than the NFL. 

33 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you just make up things to support your love affair with Fitz?

Marshall's first year with Cutler, he had 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 YPR and 11 TD's.

Can you imagine what he would have accomplished if he had chemistry with Cutler?.

What about his last year when the Bears basically kicked him out the door. We're not talking about a million years ago we're talking recent history. Same for Fitz. 

What about his last year when the Bears basically kicked him out the door. We're not talking about a million years ago we're talking recent history. Same for Fitz. 

Marshall's 2nd year with Cutler:

100 receptions, 1,295 yards, 13.0 YPR and 12 TD's.

No chemistry, huh?

Maybe Marshall makes the QB, rather than the other way around.

Archived