Jump to content

If Fitz returns how do you think...........


SouthernJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

There's no love or hate involved at all.  

Fitz is a known commodity.  He's Fitz.  Mediocre.  A good backup.  Not a starter.

Don't waste time starting him or money on him.  It's very sinple.

Geno is an unknown.  The Jets made the aforementioned career backup QB look good in 2015.  What can they do for a young QB still learning?

lmfao!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

There's no love or hate involved at all.  

Fitz is a known commodity.  He's Fitz.  Mediocre.  A good backup.  Not a starter.

Don't waste time starting him or money on him.  It's very sinple.

Geno is an unknown.  The Jets made the aforementioned career backup QB look good in 2015.  What can they do for a young QB still learning?

You dont learn progression, Route Tree knowledge. You hone it, but have to have it coming form college. geno didnt ever have it. so dont say stil llearning. He cant learn the most important part of QB game. You either have it in HS/College or you dont. You then hone in NFL. called Football IQ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

You dont learn progression, Route Tree knowledge. You hone it, but have to have it coming form college. geno didnt ever have it. so dont say stil llearning. He cant learn the most important part of QB game. You either have it in HS/College or you dont. You then hone in NFL. called Football IQ.

Wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That's possible.  It's also entirely possible Ivory runs 'em over.  50/50

Regardless we'd have been in the playoffs.

troll135, you need to stop. the odds of ivory trucking over 4 bills defenders with sideline assistance is 50/50? lmfao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ylekram said:

troll135, you need to stop. the odds of ivory trucking over 4 bills defenders with sideline assistance is 50/50? lmfao.

Marky Mark, I'm glad you have an opinion.  If you don't like mine, stop replying to it.  But it is what it is... Fitz is a waste in both terms of time and money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Marky Mark, I'm glad you have an opinion.  If you don't like mine, stop replying to it.  But it is what it is... Fitz is a waste in both terms of time and money.

opinions are like assholes. everybody has one. some opinions are good, some not so good. just like to point out how your opinion is a bad one, considering there is actual footage to disprove it. and a lot of your so called "opinions", I don't believe are sincere. stop being a troll and we could commence with a real conversation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now swap Fitz out for Geno and we're playoff bound even vs the rough opponents.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Want to save this for posterity.

One wonders why Macc and Bowles don't seem to see what appears to be so clear to the average fan...

 

It is funny how a professional level coach (former player) and GM would have more insight that the common fan. Especially on a players ability. 

 

Can we trade for Brees now? haha lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

You dont learn progression, Route Tree knowledge. You hone it, but have to have it coming form college. geno didnt ever have it. so dont say stil llearning. He cant learn the most important part of QB game. You either have it in HS/College or you dont. You then hone in NFL. called Football IQ.

Please. Fitz is a 1-read QB himself. If you remember him regularly standing back in the pocket, surveying his options across the field from left to right, you were on hallucinogens all season long. Frankly, Fitzpatrick's football IQ isn't very high. It's his non-football IQ that's high. 

I don't know where you get the ideas you're stating above, but if you think Fitzpatrick had all this going for him when he came out of college you are the first person I've ever heard say so. He didn't resemble being anything other than a bad QB until he was in his 6th NFL season. He was a roster bubble 3rd stringer until his 4th year (and would have been a 3rd stringer in year 4 as well, if the Bengals' own #2 wasn't just cut for incompetence at the end of preseason). 

Of course players learn this, and it's why they all say the game slows down for them. For some, it's their rookie lumps they need to take. For others, they need to take lumps and watch film and study for a number of years before it finally starts to click. Does it not occur to you that behind his seemingly mindless holding of the football it might be because he's not mindlessly throwing the ball to his covered #1 read no matter what, and while inexperienced in doing so he was just running through those progressions too slowly (and yes, often running backwards while doing so in maddening fashion)?

In his 4th NFL season at age 26, with a pair of pro bowl WRs, the one you say had it together upstairs coming from college, threw 8 TDs and 9 INTs (worse than Geno's lousy 2nd season). He ran 2 in himself but also fumbled 11 times in his 12 starts. Fitzpatrick also took sacks on over 9% of his dropbacks in his 4th year (even worse than Geno's rookie year), and nearly that amount in his 5th year, to go along with a 4.4% INT rate and still more INTs than TDs (both worse than Geno's lousy soph season with the Jets).  You think all that happened because he was quickly running through his progressions; a skill learned at Harvard the QB factory?

Come on, brother. For some it happens earlier than others; for others still - even most QBs that were thought worthy of drafting in the first place - it never happens at all. Based on what we've seen so far, the chances are Geno will never be good, but Fitz isn't good enough to get to the playoffs with this schedule either. Oh we'll win one or two of the tough ones this year, but we'd win 1 or 2 tough games even if Geno was starting (just like we won tough games despite him - or Vick - starting in his first 2 seasons). 

That said, it's nice to have you back, comma man. :) 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So if I understand you correct, you don't love Geno as much as you just hate Fitz?  If this is correct you and both should be hoping Petty beats them both out...

I can't speak for him, but I absolutely hope Petty beats both of them out. If Fitz returns under this contract offer, though, there is about a zero chance of that happening before game 1. No way the Jets sign Fitz, pay him $12M in 2016, then bench him before the first game. Not unless Petty beats him out so badly it looks like a competition between Manning vs a lefty-throwing Bollinger. So if Fitz is re-signed, my hope is that Petty at least takes over by midseason and does a great job thereafter.

Petty's behind Geno right now (and apparently there was still a good amount of separation between the two in minicamp), but despite the weak support the team has given him in the press I definitely think they'd love it if Petty would take the job away from Geno (in the event Fitz isn't back), where there would be little to no controversy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Please. Fitz is a 1-read QB himself. If you remember him regularly standing back in the pocket, surveying his options across the field from left to right, you were on hallucinogens all season long. Frankly, Fitzpatrick's football IQ isn't very high. It's his non-football IQ that's high. 

I don't know where you get the ideas you're stating above, but if you think Fitzpatrick had all this going for him when he came out of college you are the first person I've ever heard say so. He didn't resemble being anything other than a bad QB until he was in his 6th NFL season. He was a roster bubble 3rd stringer until his 4th year (and would have been a 3rd stringer in year 4 as well, if the Bengals' own #2 wasn't just cut for incompetence at the end of preseason). 

Of course players learn this, and it's why they all say the game slows down for them. For some, it's their rookie lumps they need to take. For others, they need to take lumps and watch film and study for a number of years before it finally starts to click. Does it not occur to you that behind his seemingly mindless holding of the football it might be because he's not mindlessly throwing the ball to his covered #1 read no matter what, and while inexperienced in doing so he was just running through those progressions too slowly (and yes, often running backwards while doing so in maddening fashion)?

In his 4th NFL season at age 26, with a pair of pro bowl WRs, the one you say had it together upstairs coming from college, threw 8 TDs and 9 INTs (worse than Geno's lousy 2nd season). He ran 2 in himself but also fumbled 11 times in his 12 starts. Fitzpatrick also took sacks on over 9% of his dropbacks in his 4th year (even worse than Geno's rookie year), and nearly that amount in his 5th year, to go along with a 4.4% INT rate and still more INTs than TDs (both worse than Geno's lousy soph season with the Jets).  You think all that happened because he was quickly running through his progressions; a skill learned at Harvard the QB factory?

Come on, brother. For some it happens earlier than others; for others still - even most QBs that were thought worthy of drafting in the first place - it never happens at all. Based on what we've seen so far, the chances are Geno will never be good, but Fitz isn't good enough to get to the playoffs with this schedule either. Oh we'll win one or two of the tough ones this year, but we'd win 1 or 2 tough games even if Geno was starting (just like we won tough games despite him - or Vick - starting in his first 2 seasons). 

That said, it's nice to have you back, comma man. :) 

Please. BS. Decker said on TV that he had 3 TDs last year where he was the 3rd read on the play..... nice novel as usual, LOL

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mike135 said:

There's no love or hate involved at all.  

Fitz is a known commodity.  He's Fitz.  Mediocre.  A good backup.  Not a starter.

Don't waste time starting him or money on him.  It's very simple.

Geno is an unknown.  The Jets made the aforementioned career backup QB look good in 2015.  What can they do for a young QB still learning?

You were doing so well too.  

Too bad Macc and Bowles do not agree, you know, since they drafted two QB's and named a guy not even on the team as the starter.

 

Almost everyone knows what Geno is, Garbage, pure garbage.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You were doing so well too.  

Too bad Macc and Bowles do not agree, you know, since they drafted two QB's and named a guy not even on the team as the starter.

 

Almost everyone knows what Geno is, Garbage, pure garbage.

Drafting QB's is good business.  This is Geno's final year from his rookie deal.  Fitz is currently an ex-Jet.

Bowles said that if Fitz is re-signed he will assume the No. 1 spot.  And that's fair since that's how it ended last year...  But, Fitz is currently an ex-Jet.

Lastly, why has Macc not released Geno yet if he thinks he's garbage? Surely, he would have if he thought he was garbage.  He didn't draft him.  He coulda signed numerous QBs to take his place this off-season, with Fitz here or not.  He didn't.

Get used to Geno.  You may have to root for garbage, 'cause he'll be wearing Green & White, Joe Jets Fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You were doing so well too.  

Too bad Macc and Bowles do not agree, you know, since they drafted two QB's and named a guy not even on the team as the starter.

 

Almost everyone knows what Geno is, Garbage, pure garbage.

It actually looks like Macc and Bowles do agree. 

Who's the starting QB right now? The 2 drafted QB's that wont see the field this year, the guy who they said they'd like to start but actions are louder than words or Geno Smith? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Drafting QB's is good business.  This is Geno's final year from his rookie deal.  Fitz is currently an ex-Jet.

Bowles said that if Fitz is re-signed he will assume the No. 1 spot.  And that's fair since that's how it ended last year...  But, Fitz is currently an ex-Jet.

Lastly, why has Macc not released Geno yet if he thinks he's garbage? Surely, he would have if he thought he was garbage.  He didn't draft him.  He coulda signed numerous QBs to take his place this off-season, with Fitz here or not.  He didn't.

Get used to Geno.  You may have to root for garbage, 'cause he'll be wearing Green & White, Joe Jets Fan.

ya if no fitz, its Geno. mainly cause he knows the playbook and petty hasnt 'emerged' it appears (probably why Hack taken so high in draft by jets)..I root for whoever is touching mangolds ass on gameday ;)

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It actually looks like Macc and Bowles do agree. 

Who's the starting QB right now? The 2 drafted QB's that wont see the field this year, the guy who they said they'd like to start but actions are louder than words or Geno Smith? 

 

The starting QB is Fitz, as stated by Bowles.  Unless you can show me a article or a quote that says different. 

We will see where everyone is come camp and preseason games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The starting QB is Fitz, as stated by Bowles.  Unless you can show me a article or a quote that says different. 

We will see where everyone is come camp and preseason games.

The starting QB is on the team. Thats Geno Smith, unless you can show me a time when a QB started for a team yet was mysteriously never signed to the team. 

 

We dont have to wait....we can look at the STARTING QB ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW. 

 

His name is Geno Smith. Accept it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

The starting QB is on the team. Thats Geno Smith, unless you can show me a time when a QB started for a team yet was mysteriously never signed to the team. 

 

We dont have to wait....we can look at the STARTING QB ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW. 

 

His name is Geno Smith. Accept it. 

Too bad for you the head coach has not said that.

 

The head coach thinks so much of Geno that he names someone not on the team as the starter.  Show me a coach that has ever done that!  That's how much Geno sucks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Too bad for you the head coach has not said that.

 

The head coach thinks so much of Geno that he names someone not on the team as the starter.  Show me a coach that has ever done that!  That's how much Geno sucks

Too bad for you the guy you think is the starter is unemployed. The GM thinks so much of Ryan Fitzpatrick that he's allowed the entire league have a crack at signing him since FA opened in early March. 


Thats how much respect Fitz got the moment they seen his asking price. They named him the starter yet wont sign him because they believe his asking price is f'ing preposterous. Show me a GM that has ever done that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Too bad for you the head coach has not said that.

 

The head coach thinks so much of Geno that he names someone not on the team as the starter.  Show me a coach that has ever done that!  That's how much Geno sucks

Best to put him on IGNORE like I did. I see none of his posts unless someone uses them in a quote, LOL. Once he showed me what his XsOs knowledge was (in my opinion, I've been wrong before, he could be a savant, we just dont see it) I zapped him ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

Best to put him on IGNORE like I did. I see none of his posts unless someone uses them in a quote, LOL. Once he showed me what his XsOs knowledge was (in my opinion, I've been wrong before, he could be a savant, we just dont see it) I zapped him ;)

If you put him on ignore, then ignore him and his other conversations that have nothing to do with you. 

 

You're like the oldest child on this website right now. Stop crying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, villain_the_foe said:

If you put him on ignore, then ignore him and his other conversations that have nothing to do with you. 

 

You're like the oldest child on this website right now. Stop crying. 

Ya you could be right, but he still has no XsOs clue, LOL....add another one to 'save my reading time ignore list' ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Please. BS. Decker said on TV that he had 3 TDs last year where he was the 3rd read on the play..... nice novel as usual, LOL

Lovely. I also know even when Geno was stinking up the joint he also hit 2nd-3rd options (far worse 3rd options than Eric Decker). Doesn't mean he did it all the time, or with any regularity.

Watching every game, it was like his head didn't turn sideways. He rarely looks off his first read and throws it in there. His progressions typically went like this: (1) primary downfield target; (2) RB dumpoff; (3) run it himself. 

This is all beside how easy it was to go through progressions - the small percentage of times he did - because Gailey so often lines up those progressions on the same side of the field, in the same line of sight. So many times he forced it in to a covered player when someone was wide open deep right behind the targeted receiver. He just doesn't see the field. It's arguably his single worst quality -- even worse than his arm. His arm is good enough to usually hit a guy who's wide open, and with our starting WRs the #1 read is open half the time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lovely. I also know even when Geno was stinking up the joint he also hit 2nd-3rd options (far worse 3rd options than Eric Decker). Doesn't mean he did it all the time, or with any regularity.

Watching every game, it was like his head didn't turn sideways. He rarely looks off his first read and throws it in there. His progressions typically went like this: (1) primary downfield target; (2) RB dumpoff; (3) run it himself. 

This is all beside how easy it was to go through progressions - the small percentage of times he did - because Gailey so often lines up those progressions on the same side of the field, in the same line of sight. So many times he forced it in to a covered player when someone was wide open deep right behind the targeted receiver. He just doesn't see the field. It's arguably his single worst quality -- even worse than his arm. His arm is good enough to usually hit a guy who's wide open, and with our starting WRs the #1 read is open half the time.

ya, that must be it. Bleed Green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lovely. I also know even when Geno was stinking up the joint he also hit 2nd-3rd options (far worse 3rd options than Eric Decker). Doesn't mean he did it all the time, or with any regularity.

Watching every game, it was like his head didn't turn sideways. He rarely looks off his first read and throws it in there. His progressions typically went like this: (1) primary downfield target; (2) RB dumpoff; (3) run it himself. 

This is all beside how easy it was to go through progressions - the small percentage of times he did - because Gailey so often lines up those progressions on the same side of the field, in the same line of sight. So many times he forced it in to a covered player when someone was wide open deep right behind the targeted receiver. He just doesn't see the field. It's arguably his single worst quality -- even worse than his arm. His arm is good enough to usually hit a guy who's wide open, and with our starting WRs the #1 read is open half the time.

ya, that must be it. Bleed Green.

 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I defecate green. 

what about farts? green cloud like The Hulk..does that mean The Hulk is a Jets fan?

mark-ruffalo-hulk-hands-189857-640x320.j

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Best to put him on IGNORE like I did. I see none of his posts unless someone uses them in a quote, LOL. Once he showed me what his XsOs knowledge was (in my opinion, I've been wrong before, he could be a savant, we just dont see it) I zapped him ;)

I have JW and TXpat on ignore  that's enough  lol

Edited by Joe Jets fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...