The Dreaded C Word(s): Cancer and Chemo

Maxman

Well I mentioned it before but the dreaded C words have struck again. My wife Lauren was diagnosed with cancer again and she starts chemotherapy today. She will have treatments over the next 12 weeks. Cancer and chemotherapy, never fun but she was successful two years ago and the outcome will be the same this time.

She has an excellent prognosis, top team of oncologists who have a great plan on how to beat this and then prevent it from ever happening again. She had surgery last month and is fully recovered. So the waiting ends, bring on the chemo.

Thanks everyone for the support and all the well wishes. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. But I am looking forward to football season starting to provide a nice distraction from the stress that real life brings sometimes.

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Well I mentioned it before but the dreaded C words have struck again. My wife Lauren was diagnosed with cancer again and she starts chemotherapy today. She will have treatments over the next 12 weeks. Cancer and chemotherapy, never fun but she was successful two years ago and the outcome will be the same this time.

She has an excellent prognosis, top team of oncologists who have a great plan on how to beat this and then prevent it from ever happening again. She had surgery last month and is fully recovered. So the waiting ends, bring on the chemo.

Thanks everyone for the support and all the well wishes. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. But I am looking forward to football season starting to provide a nice distraction from the stress that real life brings sometimes.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Max my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife you have a strong positive attitude and that's what beats the C word down.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

As someone who has gone through it my thoughts and payers are with you and your family.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. I don't want to sound "preachy" when your family is going through this crisis, but I hope that words spoken by men, greater than us, who  endured great trials of faith and found strength in the midst of these storms will also provide you and your wife with comfort.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 8: 35 - 39 Written from a prison cell awaiting the executioner

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j]

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Archived