Judge Denies Brady's Appeal

BroadwayJets

I think the Brady legal team will try to sell this as labor issue and the power of management and fairness vs an employee. Not just as the the NFLvs Brady. And they are aware that this is a national news item and a lot of interest from the American public on it. I just hope the legal experts are correct and the Supreme Court won't take the case, 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If it sticks I just hope Roger is firm on this and doesn't cut anything off of the 4 games. I think he basically said recently something to the effect that the full suspension would stick. But,of course,Kraft has a lot of power. Hopefully the other owners (who are like us sick and tired of NEP shenanigans) will not let this happen and he serves the 4 games. If he wants to retire then bring it on! 

At this point there's no way that Goodell can change anything at all.  If Brady wasn't such a whiny little bitch and trying so hard to get away with it, he could have played along with the league investigation and likely gotten a reduced punishment in that case, as we've seen happen many times before when players cooperate.  It's all of the crap he's pulled that basically forces the NFL's hand to not give up a single inch at this point.  Of course, there's no complaints that this is the case, but it's really Brady's own damn fault.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep! That and being a cheating scumbag piece of sh*t who played for the biggest frauds in the history of sports.

Small detail.

Greatest QB's of all-time:

1. Joe Montana

2. Peyton Manning

3.  Tie between Elway, Marino, Unitas, Namath, and others

Best QB of all-time who was a f*ckin cheater and played for a f*ckin cheater coach and a f*ckin cheater organization that supported a cheating culture and defended it all the way up to the Supreme Court because they're entitled pricks:

1.  Tom Brady

That's the list.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

At this point there's no way that Goodell can change anything at all.  If Brady wasn't such a whiny little bitch and trying so hard to get away with it, he could have played along with the league investigation and likely gotten a reduced punishment in that case, as we've seen happen many times before when players cooperate.  It's all of the crap he's pulled that basically forces the NFL's hand to not give up a single inch at this point.  Of course, there's no complaints that this is the case, but it's really Brady's own damn fault.

On the ESPN clip I watched they said something to the effect that Roger could cut or modify the suspension,. I just hope he doesn't. Look Brady and NEP gave the NFL a black eye on this one. And millions of dollars of bad publicity esp around the 2015 SB. Brady should take a big fine, too. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Greatest QB's of all-time:

1. Joe Montana

2. Peyton Manning

3.  Tie between Elway, Marino, Unitas, Namath, and others

Best QB of all-time who was a f*ckin cheater and played for a f*ckin cheater coach and a f*ckin cheater organization that supported a cheating culture and defended it all the way up to the Supreme Court because they're entitled pricks:

1.  Tom Brady

That's the list.

POTY.

Eli>Brady without belichick and ernie adams. 

Drew Henson>Brady without belichick and ernie adams

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The pantheon, listed in order:

1. Lance Armstrong

2.  Tom Brady

3.  The MLB steroid guys (Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, A-Rod, Palmeiro in particular)

Only thing I'd change is that I'd add Belichick to #2. Brady is just a pawn in Beli's mastercheater scheme. He's the perfect pawn who plays the part and does what he's told without squealing and acheives the results that the cheating is intended to receive (4 tainted championships); but still, just a pawn. 

Great.

As if our schedule wasn't tough enough to keep us out of the playoffs, the Dolphins, Texans, and Bills all just got huge breaks. 

Not only don't they get to play against the best QB in NFL history, but they are all road games for those franchises.

Laugh it up Patriot haters.  The joke is on us.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Right. But I thought there was a vote. I thought 13 judges were involved in the decision. So, how many voted to reject the en banc hearing? Is that a secret? I'm asking because if it was 7-6, I would think the SCOTUS appeal might have a better chance than if the vote was more like 11-2.

The order denying the petition does not identify the vote.

Just now, SAR I said:

Great.

As if our schedule wasn't tough enough to keep us out of the playoffs, the Dolphins, Texans, and Bills all just got huge breaks. 

Not only don't they get to play against the best QB in NFL history, but they are all road games for those franchises.

Laugh it up Patriot haters.  The joke is on us.

SAR I

Obvious troll is being obvious. 

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

With all the urgent social issues this country has that remain unresolved, some of which will depend on the opinion of the SCOTUS, if for some insane reason they deem it worthy of their time to render an opinion on the punishment / consequences of an underinflated football, this country is more fvcked than I previously had ever imagined.

The Court once took a case on whether  tomatoes were actually vegetables. This wouldn't even be even near the top tier of stupid sh*t that they've heard.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

1919_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

At least the 1919 Black Sox had a legitimate beef.  Their owner was an a$$hole who paid them far worse than any team in the league and made them clean their own uniforms at their own cost.  He also once benched a pitcher who was about to try to win his 30th game of a season because he didn't want to pay him a 30+ win bonus in his contract.  They were the worst-treated team by ownership, and of course there was no free agency, MLBPA or any other alternative recourse back then.  Meanwhile, Comiskey gave the media the best treatment ever so that they'd write positive things about him.  Comiskey had them at their mercy and the players revolted.

With the Patriots, it's all about entitlement, plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Only thing I'd change is that I'd add Belichick to #2. Brady is just a pawn in Beli's mastercheater scheme. He's the perfect pawn who plays the part and does what he's told without squealing and acheives the results that the cheating is intended to receive (4 tainted championships); but still, just a pawn. 

You're right.  I only listed players but Belichick absolutely is on that list if you open it up to others.  The NBA ref who bet on games would be another possibility.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

On the ESPN clip I watched they said something to the effect that Roger could cut or modify the suspension,. I just hope he doesn't. Look Brady and NEP gave the NFL a black eye on this one. And millions of dollars of bad publicity esp around the 2015 SB. Brady should take a big fine, too. 

While Goodell does technically have the ability to make such a change, I can't imagine any way he would even consider it at this point.  Making any changes at this point would essentially be a manner of validating the sh*t Brady pulled, and all but encouraging others to pull this same crap in the future, which is the very last thing the NFL wants to deal with.  That alone is going to keep Goodell from doing anything, even if he wanted to.

Archived