Judge Denies Brady's Appeal

BroadwayJets

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Olson has hinted they might try to get a stay on the suspension until the SC decides to take the case or not. And it will go through Ginsburg because she decides on cases coming from that jurisdiction. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/13/ruth-bader-ginsburg-is-the-key-to-tom-bradys-short-term-fate/ 

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

hqdefault.jpg

Don't worry fellas.  Ruth Bader Ginsburg is from Brooklyn.  She's not taking Brady's case in a million years.  :)

37 minutes ago, rillo said:

The Lance Armstrong of the NFL 

Except nobody gives a **** about bike riding... while the NFL is America's primary export outside of obesity-related causes of death and people of walmart memes.

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Court once took a case on whether  tomatoes were actually vegetables. This wouldn't even be even near the top tier of stupid sh*t that they've heard.

While that case you mention sounds superfluous it actually had significant international trade and tax issues......just sayin.

A SCOTUS ruling on the punishment for an underinflated football would be at or near the top of the stupid list.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why can't we all just revel in Brady being smacked down... you have to take it to the politics, as if any aspect of what is going on with politics right now is a good thing worth fighting over? Come on.

Jackass is gonna get this thread locked.  So much epicness cannot be wasted. 

16 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

While that case you mention sounds superfluous it actually had significant international trade and tax issues......just sayin.

A SCOTUS ruling on the punishment for an underinflated football would be at or near the top of the stupid list.

Well this is just adorable.

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

And now we get a request for stay by the Supreme Court, and if that fails (which it should), Tom Brady will throw himself on the ground and throw a tantrum and threaten to take his deflated toys home. As much as I think this was all "over-inflated" in the first place, the commissioner has the authority to suspend him and did. Case closed already. I'm tired of the whiny-Tom show. It's Crappolo time in NE.

The commish suspended Brady, NOT for deflating footballs but for his lack of cooperation in the investigation. THAT is the issue and in this case I think the commissioner is correct. People keep talking about the deflation of the footballs when that is not the issue. I doubt the Supreme Court is going to want to open a potential Pandora's Box of NFL players petitioning hearings on their suspensions.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The commish suspended Brady, NOT for deflating footballs but for his lack of cooperation in the investigation. THAT is the issue and in this case I think the commissioner is correct. People keep talking about the deflation of the footballs when that is not the issue. I doubt the Supreme Court is going to want to open a potential Pandora's Box of NFL players petitioning hearings on their suspensions.

Pretty sure it was for a pattern of behavior which is why Goodall insisted on having full autonomy. He can suspend anyone at any time just because he perceives impropriety. He doesn't want to have to make any evidence he has, or has not uncovered public knowledge. That would force him to either tarnish the reputations of celebrities  in his own league or be held hostage by the likes of Brady, and Krafty.

This ruling may have saved the sport as we know it. 

Archived