Judge Denies Brady's Appeal

BroadwayJets

Alright, who are the legal geniuses around here?  What happens next?

1. Is there a deadline Brady has to appeal to SCOTUS and request a stay by?
  2. Roughly how long will it take Ruth Ginsberb to reply about the stay?  Days/weeks?
  3. Odds the stay is granted?
  4. Odds SCOTUS will actually hear the case?
Annoying as $hit, but thankfully we're down to the last option here.

no legal geniuses around these parts. only rocket scientists

1) He has 90 days from today to file with SCOTUS

2) It is a Two (2) year delay at this point for a case just to be seen; Judge Ginsberg would likely be retired before the case is seen

3)Very unlikely due to the nature of the appeal

4)See number Three (3)

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

1) He has 90 days from today to file with SCOTUS

2) It is a Two (2) year delay at this point for a case just to be seen; Judge Ginsberg would likely be retired before the case is seen

3)Very unlikely due to the nature of the appeal

4)See number Three (3)

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Nice, thanks man.  

Yeah I was reading the stays are sometimes granted when irreparable damage could occur.  While he'd never get back the 4 games, don't think that rises to the level of someone getting the electric chair (probably not coming back from that one) or even a change in something like abortion laws that may have a direct effect on 10s of thousands of lives during the appeal.

Ok, so the legal genius has chimed in.  Now what about Fantasy experts?

PPR league, have option to use 5th round keeper on Edelman.  Seems like a no brainer normally, but with Brady out 1/4 of the season...  still worth it?

Seems his average PPR ranking is in mid 30s.

6 hours ago, rillo said:

Was this his final recourse? I hope so, I'm so tried of this BS . Serve your 4 games cheater. 

As a practical matter, it's very likely.  He can petition the Supreme Court to take the case, but it's highly unlikely that they will given there's no Circuit split or national issue at stake.

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Ok, so the legal genius has chimed in.  Now what about Fantasy experts?

PPR league, have option to use 5th round keeper on Edelman.  Seems like a no brainer normally, but with Brady out 1/4 of the season...  still worth it?

Seems his average PPR ranking is in mid 30s.

Still a no-brainer.  You want the best team for the playoffs, not weeks 1-4, and it's not like Edelman's suspended (he'll still put up points those weeks, just more like a WR3).  Unless you have an obviously better option, keep Edelman

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Alright, who are the legal geniuses around here?  What happens next?

1. Is there a deadline Brady has to appeal to SCOTUS and request a stay by?
  2. Roughly how long will it take Ruth Ginsberb to reply about the stay?  Days/weeks?
  3. Odds the stay is granted?
  4. Odds SCOTUS will actually hear the case?

Annoying as $hit, but thankfully we're down to the last option here.

Hate to contradict a fellow attorney, but Ginsburg will get to the stay application fairly quickly.  That said, I'd expect it to be denied, since his case is so weak on the merits and he really has no irreparable harm from being suspended (he can always get money damages)

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Should be is right, but I think these judges have learned that they have the power of Sperms penis to delete any post and any reference to said post. The problem is that everyone that writes law, defends, law, enforces law, or judges law is a lawyer. None of them want to diminish each other's power. That's why law is written in legal ease so we can't defend ourselves. 

We should make it illegal for any executive branches to be lawyers, or from Harvard, or Yale. Enough already with the lawyers. Like that qualifies you to run a state or a country. Maybe we could mix in some business majors, economists, engineers, scientists...you know a little diversity with another perspective. Someone who's sole experience is not just in how to word things to cover your ass. 

I think I may have to uprate this for "legal ease"

28 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Hate to contradict a fellow attorney, but Ginsburg will get to the stay application fairly quickly.  That said, I'd expect it to be denied, since his case is so weak on the merits and he really has no irreparable harm from being suspended (he can always get money damages)

His legacy is ruined in his tiny little pea brain. 

31 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Now that the legal business is all behind us, is it now fair to stop referring to a convicted cheat as the GOAT  ?   No Names have been mentioned to protect me.

You can call him whatever you want, not one person gives a **** so why wait for this recently ruling.....go ahead.. have at it.

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

I would have gone with "pastrami", then.

I prefer my gymnasts flexible and female.  Nationality doesn't crack my top 10 list. But because I like you, I'll give you what you asked for:

51169061-greece-romanian-marian-dragules

I like that one on the Americab team that always looks angry.  Reminds me of my favorite cartoon. 

16 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Now that the legal business is all behind us, is it now fair to stop referring to a convicted cheat as the GOAT  ?   No Names have been mentioned to protect me.

If not Brady then who?  Montana I guess.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just found out that Brady will speaking on the campus of UNCW (15 minutes from where I live, in Wilmington NC), in March of 2017.  I guess my alma mater values cheaters these days.  So sad.

Cheaters and huggers.

Future leaders.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just found out that Brady will speaking on the campus of UNCW (15 minutes from where I live, in Wilmington NC), in March of 2017.  I guess my alma mater values cheaters these days.  So sad.

I dare u to go out there n let your alma mater know how disappointed you're because they are allowing him to speak there and let brady know too.

19 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You can call him whatever you want, not one person gives a **** so why wait for this recently ruling.....go ahead.. have at it.

I like how you've gone from lecturing everyone on why constitutional law would prevail in Brady's favor to OH YEAH WELL NOBODY CARES ANYWAYS

Damn dirty sea chickens honoring Brady....

Hey man, everybody loves a leader who hugs.  Sort of.

No, no...you just love to hug leaders.  And followers.  Really anyone will do

Archived