Multi Year Deal For Wilkerson (merged)

Maxman

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I'm not abreast of how this compares to other deals throughout the league because I don't follow salaries because I enjoy having sex with women. How does this stack up to the other money being thrown around the league this year?

Ha ha. You said "abreast."

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That's elite pass rusher money.  I love Mo, but he'd better up his pressure game to elite levels, or a whole heck of a lot of that 17M per better be backloaded or tied up in incentives.

It's elite defender money. Look at the money handed out this year... at least our bloated contract went to a home-drown stud, who is TOP 3 at his position. The comparable contracts given out weren't to players of this caliber, imo.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

It's elite defender money. Look at the money handed out this year... at least our bloated contract went to a home-drown stud, who is TOP 3 at his position. The comparable contracts given out weren't to players of this caliber, imo.

POTW 

Exactly well put. 

2 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

the announcement of Fitz signing should come shortly, me thinks.  hopefully 1 year $7 mil or something like that.

lol, did you see how much money Baltimore gave their kicker today?

It averages out at $4mil per year, or something close.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. The Giants gave Olivier Vernon the same contract. Vernon isn't bad, but he's not Mo.

This makes those two December wins in 2014 less hard to swallow now. For quite a while it looked like we suffered through a 4-12 year just to make a lateral move for Mo's replacement. No good. Now at least we get at least 3-5 years of the megaline out of it. I can live with that.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Williams is obvious, but I think Richardson gets traded next draft. He's too...They don't need to resign him.

Not feeling this.

Sheldon is probably the best player on the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sure but will we want to spend that much on DEs when there are obviously other needs.  It's not like Wilk/Williams/Sheldon is THAT much better than Wilk/Williams considering only two can play DE at one time.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Not feeling this.

Sheldon is probably the best player on the defense. 

It was the smart move.  Letting Wilk walk in 2017 and putting all your eggs in the Sheldon basket could've blown up in their faces. I love Sheldon on the field, and you can argue he's better than Wilk, but this is a lot less risky.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl cant we have a thread where you dont drag Fitz into it. 

I didn't bring him up, but go ahead and continue with your head in places it shouldn't be. If you can't recognize that there are parallels to draw and dots to connect here, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't bring him up, but go ahead and continue with your head in places it shouldn't be. If you can't recognize that there are parallels to draw and dots to connect here, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Hopefully the Jets spent the money on Mo and are telling the other guy to take a hike!

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sure but will we want to spend that much on DEs when there are obviously other needs.  It's not like Wilk/Williams/Sheldon is THAT much better than Wilk/Williams considering only two can play DE at one time.

I'm convinced that you don't actually watch football, or at least don't understand what you're watching when you do.

Archived