Multi Year Deal For Wilkerson (merged)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really fantastic news. Best player on the team and homegrown talent. Whatever they paid him he's worth it.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I'm not abreast of how this compares to other deals throughout the league because I don't follow salaries because I enjoy having sex with women. How does this stack up to the other money being thrown around the league this year?

Ha ha. You said "abreast."

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

It's elite defender money. Look at the money handed out this year... at least our bloated contract went to a home-drown stud, who is TOP 3 at his position. The comparable contracts given out weren't to players of this caliber, imo.

POTW 

Exactly well put. 

• Upvote 1

Thrilled the Jets actually did the right thing for once... Re-sign the best player on the team who's always done the right thing, kept out of trouble and been classy in the media? Seems obvious but we almost screwed it up. Thrilled Mo will be with us for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

the announcement of Fitz signing should come shortly, me thinks.  hopefully 1 year $7 mil or something like that.

lol, did you see how much money Baltimore gave their kicker today?

It averages out at $4mil per year, or something close.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sure but will we want to spend that much on DEs when there are obviously other needs.  It's not like Wilk/Williams/Sheldon is THAT much better than Wilk/Williams considering only two can play DE at one time.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Not feeling this.

Sheldon is probably the best player on the defense. 

It was the smart move.  Letting Wilk walk in 2017 and putting all your eggs in the Sheldon basket could've blown up in their faces. I love Sheldon on the field, and you can argue he's better than Wilk, but this is a lot less risky.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl cant we have a thread where you dont drag Fitz into it. 

I didn't bring him up, but go ahead and continue with your head in places it shouldn't be. If you can't recognize that there are parallels to draw and dots to connect here, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't bring him up, but go ahead and continue with your head in places it shouldn't be. If you can't recognize that there are parallels to draw and dots to connect here, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Hopefully the Jets spent the money on Mo and are telling the other guy to take a hike!

• Upvote 1