In your opinion.....

BUM-KNEE

Hopefully this doesnt turn into another QB debate...

Looking at the schedule, which 3 games do you think will be the most troublesome for the Jets from a DEFENSIVE standpoint?

Sep 11 vs Bengals 1:00 PM

Sep 15 @ Bills 8:25 PM

Sep 25 @ Chiefs 4:25 PM

Oct 2 vs Seahawks 1:00 PM

Oct 9 @ Steelers 1:00 PM

Oct 17 @ Cardinals 8:30 PM

Oct 23 vs Ravens 1:00 PM

Oct 30 @ Browns 1:00 PM

Nov 6 @ Dolphins 1:00 PM

Nov 13 vs Rams 1:00 PM

Nov 27 vs Patriots 8:30 PM

Dec 5 vs Colts 8:30 PM

Dec 11 @ 49ers 4:00 pm

Dec 17 vs Dolphins 8:25 pm

Dec 24 @ Patriots 1:00 pm

Jan 1 vs Bills 1:00 pm

Personally, I think the Steelers will be troublesome in their house. Bell is tough to bring down, and the Rapist seems to keep chugging along as a top tier QB behind a stout O-Line. IMO this is the game we will see what this D is all about, pro and con.

Obviously the Dec 24 Patriots game at Gillette will be a tall order, but hopefully we can actually cover Donkowski this time. All I want for Xmas is a win.

Bengals? Hard to say what to expect with that one. New OC, but Dalton & Green are a well oiled machine...

Monday night at the 49ers... WC trips are not our friend, BUT Im not reall worried about their offense as a whole. Hopefully Bowles prepares his teams to travel better than our previous coaches.

Monday night at the Cards after the Steelers may be a tough one too..

What say you?

31 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Looking at the schedule, which 3 games do you think will be the most troublesome for the Jets from a DEFENSIVE standpoint?

Personally, I think the Steelers will be troublesome in their house. Bell is tough to bring down, and the Rapist seems to keep chugging along as a top tier QB behind a stout O-Line. IMO this is the game we will see what this D is all about, pro and con.

Obviously the Dec 24 Patriots game at Gillette will be a tall order, but hopefully we can actually cover Donkowski this time. All I want for Xmas is a win.

Bengals? Hard to say what to expect with that one. New OC, but Dalton & Green are a well oiled machine...

Monday night at the 49ers... WC trips are not our friend, BUT Im not reall worried about their offense as a whole. Hopefully Bowles prepares his teams to travel better than our previous coaches.

What say you?

My top 3 troublesome games are: 

#3. Sep 11 vs Bengals 1:00 PM. Marvin Lewis is one of the worst coaches in terms of having so much talent and very little meaningful success, however, the Bengals from top to bottom are arguably the most talented 53 man roster in the league and are very dangerous in a game for as long as that game isnt a playoff game.

#2. Oct 17 @ Cardinals 8:30 PM. Bruce Arians is the best coach in the league IMO which means that we're going to get the best the Cards have to offer...which is an explosive offense and a respectable defense. 

#1. Dec 24 @ Patriots 1:00 pm. If the Patriots can go as far as deflating footballs for a "competitive advantage" there's simply no telling what this cheating organization is capable of in order to win a superbowl. This fact makes this game the most troubling for me because its a week 16 December game and will most likely be a must win game if we expect to make the playoffs. 

Steelers, Cards and Pats.

Steelers adding Ladarius Green could be a huge pickup to their already great offense, Cards are loaded, and the Pats adding Bennett could do numbers for them when Brady returns. I think we'll split with the Pats though.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#3. Sep 11 vs Bengals 1:00 PM. Marvin Lewis is one of the worst coaches in terms of having so much talent and very little meaningful success, however, the Bengals from top to bottom are arguably the most talented 53 man roster in the league and are very dangerous in a game for as long as that game isnt a playoff game.

#2. Oct 17 @ Cardinals 8:30 PM. Bruce Arians is the best coach in the league IMO which means that we're going to get the best the Cards have to offer...which is an explosive offense and a respectable defense. 

#1. Dec 24 @ Patriots 1:00 pm. If the Patriots can go as far as deflating footballs for a "competitive advantage" there's simply no telling what this cheating organization is capable of in order to win a superbowl. This fact makes this game the most troubling for me because its a week 16 December game and will most likely be a must win game if we expect to make the playoffs. 

I agree, especially with the Dec 24 game at the Rats nest.

The Cards game is probably my #2 too, because of their O and the fact its the game after the Steeler game. At least its a monday night game, so hopefuly our rookies are primed to light it up in primetime.

Buffalo's backfield: Rex Ryan's idea of a modern-day offense amounts to running the ball 58 times per game with a clown car of backs. That plan took a hit on Thursday when rookie Jonathan Williams was arrested on suspicion of DWI. Friday brought more ugly news, as out-of-shape Karlos Williams was slapped with a four-game ban for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. It hasn't been a fun summer for Karlos, who showed up to minicamp overweight after treating his fiancée's pregnancy as a green light to eat, in his words, "anything and everything." After piling up seven touchdowns on just 93 carries last year -- effectively turning LeSean McCoy into fantasy fool's gold -- Williams has morphed into an enigma.

10 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Buffalo's backfield: Rex Ryan's idea of a modern-day offense amounts to running the ball 58 times per game with a clown car of backs. That plan took a hit on Thursday when rookie Jonathan Williams was arrested on suspicion of DWI. Friday brought more ugly news, as out-of-shape Karlos Williams was slapped with a four-game ban for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. It hasn't been a fun summer for Karlos, who showed up to minicamp overweight after treating his fiancée's pregnancy as a green light to eat, in his words, "anything and everything." After piling up seven touchdowns on just 93 carries last year -- effectively turning LeSean McCoy into fantasy fool's gold -- Williams has morphed into an enigma.

Well the Bills should be fairly one-dimentional in week 2, hope we get the job done up there this time.

I want to see how/if/please God/come on now the Jets new LBs can handle speed in the middle of the field, particularly against the Bills. If they're getting torched by slot receivers and shifty backs on circle routes, I'll run into traffic.

The answer to OP's question will depend a lot on Darron Lee and his impact.  The Jets struggled most against mobile QB who knew how to buy time last season.  If Lee can be the guy to neutralize that threat, it will make the Jets D very hard to score on.

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

At least eiffert will be out vs Cinci

21 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I don't love the Bengals with Green and Eifert.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/25/11769478/tyler-eifert-injury-update-recovery-timetable-who-steps-up

Most of what I read has him missing our game

"Live on ESPN this afternoon, it was reported that Eifert could miss anywhere between two and four games to start the season, depending on his prognosis after he gets out of surgery today."

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/5/25/11769478/tyler-eifert-injury-update-recovery-timetable-who-steps-up

Most of what I read has him missing our game

"Live on ESPN this afternoon, it was reported that Eifert could miss anywhere between two and four games to start the season, depending on his prognosis after he gets out of surgery today."

Nice bounce for Los Yets

Oct 9 @ Steelers 1:00 PM - A healthy big ben is trouble for ladies everywhere, add a healthy Antonio and it's trouble for the Jets

Oct 17 @ Cardinals 8:30 PM - travel plus night game plus coach who knows Bowles is not a good recipe

Dec 24 @ Patriots 1:00 pm - Another holiday miracle for Jets fans, just hoping the butt fumble stays #1 on the charts 

Honorable mention;

Bengals with AJ could be trouble but first game of the year and home game for Jets - Metlife will be rocking 

Hawks are on the road early in the season without Lynch - think this game would be much more difficult in November 

Colts will be better this year and Jets have not played well at night for a while, but Jets are home and Luck got paid

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

The answer to OP's question will depend a lot on Darron Lee and his impact.  The Jets struggled most against mobile QB who knew how to buy time last season.  If Lee can be the guy to neutralize that threat, it will make the Jets D very hard to score on.

What I was thinking too.

We need results from Lee on the field, which I would be surprised NOT to see honestly.

23 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

What say you?

Both Pats games and the Colts game. You can probably throw the Ravens in there as well since the Jets never do well against them.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I want to see how/if/please God/come on now the Jets new LBs can handle speed in the middle of the field, particularly against the Bills. If they're getting torched by slot receivers and shifty backs on circle routes, I'll run into traffic.

The two year LB overhaul project is this year's headline. They're expecting Maudlin to take a big step forward, and Jenkins will be given the opportunity to start on the other side. Lee will see the field a lot, especially in nickel and dime packages. Be interesting to see how the utilize Freddie Bishop, too. If these guys can play up to their pretty lofty expectations, this could be a great year. I suspect we'll experience a lot of growing pains, though. Sucks with the rough start to the schedule. 

59 minutes ago, slats said:

The two year LB overhaul project is this year's headline. They're expecting Maudlin to take a big step forward, and Jenkins will be given the opportunity to start on the other side. Lee will see the field a lot, especially in nickel and dime packages. Be interesting to see how the utilize Freddie Bishop, too. If these guys can play up to their pretty lofty expectations, this could be a great year. I suspect we'll experience a lot of growing pains, though. Sucks with the rough start to the schedule. 

They seemed to like Catapano too last season, potential darkhorse

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is your biggest concern....yet you criticized our 1st round pick?  Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

We had slow old lumbering LB's yet we shouldn't have taken Darron Lee because TOO SMALL

If I could only pick 3 it would be Cardinals, Patriots, Patriots. 

But, the Bengals offense, the Pitt offense and the Chiefs offenses should be productive this season as well.  

Its all relative though. The Jets have a great defense and I think those same offenses will struggle against the Jets D. I guarantee you that even if the Jets lose to some of these teams, they probably won;t score as much as they do on other opponents.  

Archived