Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He generally has his opinion about how certain things should be handled by the mod, specifically level of involvement. Suffice to say we've seen him get mad about this type of thing before lol   It doesn't really mean anything to me irt his alignment. I feel like it's more of "principle" thing for him. At least that's been my impression.

1 minute ago, Lily said:

Good morning. 

I agree that Ape's play is not alignment indicative. And the emo was great. I'm going to hold my vote for now. 

Oh, it's definitely alignment-indicative.  Town alignment.

20 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He generally has his opinion about how certain things should be handled by the mod, specifically level of involvement. Suffice to say we've seen him get mad about this type of thing before lol   It doesn't really mean anything to me irt his alignment. I feel like it's more of "principle" thing for him. At least that's been my impression.

That's a fair impression. :)

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, it's definitely alignment-indicative.  Town alignment.

I'm talking about his anger after Halli's announcement.

The play itself? It just seems kinda dumb to do it as an actual SK or Scum. Where's I can sort of see the idea behind doing it as town. So if I had to guess atp?  probably. But I think it took a bit away from it since it wasn't followed through due to circumstances. ie would have been nice to see where he went with it. 

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I am town.   Why protect the Ape here?  

At this point Pac is your best bet for scum?

Non-sequitur.  

1.  My game is predicated on "town calling".  It's led to some of my best successes for town.  It's not about "protecting", it's about process of elimination of what's MOST LIKELY, that has seemed to work for me of late.

2.  Yes, by process of elimination.  Didn't like Nolder's vote on Smash so he's my very early # 2 right now.  I feel good about some of the more active players so far, as well as nearly all of the reactions to Ape's play thus far.  Only things that were questionable was JiF's overall reaction and your switch to voting Ape after being on Nolder.  The former could be laziness and the latter could be your usual tunnelling/illogical play when it comes to anything Ape-related, but for now, I have you and JiF below Pac and Nolder on the scumdar. 

3.  I disagree.  Ape might be SK, but until we know there's an SK in the game, it seems pointless to lynch him yet.  Cannot imagine him making the play he did as scum. It's not a WIFOM, because in this case, Ape's play make him more likely to be town than the usual 75 % (or so) chance.  So I'm not willing to go that route today.

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not a WIFOM.  It's the equivalent of when Hess claims cop on page 2 sometimes just to be funny/entertaining.  Extremely unlikely Ape would make that play on a scum team, and if there's actually an SK in this game, we'll know soon enough and can deal with the Ape then.

I agree.  Ape would not sabotage his scum team. 

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm talking about his anger after Halli's announcement.

The play itself? It just seems kinda dumb to do it as an actual SK or Scum. Where's I can sort of see the idea behind doing it as town. So if I had to guess atp?  probably. But I think it took a bit away from it since it wasn't followed through due to circumstances. ie would have been nice to see where he went with it. 

I'm vanilla town. I did in fact think it was a C++ game, so last game had 3 NKs in the first night when I died, and then I stopped paying attention. So, with 3 kills per night, my logic was to false claim SK, use it as a reaction test. Not sure how it would have played out, but it was worth a try. In the meantime, scum has to deliberate on shooting me at night, and that avoids them shooting at potential power roles. 

It's something I just came up with and went with. Why not? 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  So where's the WIFOM that needs to be cleaned up today?  We need dead bodies to know if there's even an SK in this game.

I do not like players who claim anti-town roles.  Hess gets away with that sh*t cause Hess is Hess.  Kinda like self voters.  We can all say it was emo but at the end of the day we do not know if the emo was real or calculated.

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I do not like players who claim anti-town roles.  Hess gets away with that sh*t cause Hess is Hess.  Kinda like self voters.  We can all say it was emo but at the end of the day we do not know if the emo was real or calculated.

I'm not a big supporter of "principle" lynches when it's not something pervasive.  It's not like this is something that people do all the time here and thus forces us to "police our own".  Sort of like when we lynched inactives for a few games in a row because of how much scum were hiding, which had the intended impact of improving overall Mafia gameplay on JN (and, IMO, actually did the job).  It was Ape trying to have some fun.  Who cares.  Let's lynch scum.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

So, what you're saying is... lynch Ape on principle, don't scum hunt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'm vanilla town. I did in fact think it was a C++ game, so last game had 3 NKs in the first night when I died, and then I stopped paying attention. So, with 3 kills per night, my logic was to false claim SK, use it as a reaction test. Not sure how it would have played out, but it was worth a try. In the meantime, scum has to deliberate on shooting me at night, and that avoids them shooting at potential power roles. 

It's something I just came up with and went with. Why not? 

That's the benefits I was thinking about when I said I sorta got the intent. 

I'm not criticizing it. Those sort of things are not my forte at all and I literally never do it (with like one exception). But I've come to know players that do it quite a bit and it serves as a good tool for them to scumhunt, so I respect it. I have no issue with thinking outside the box, I'm just more of a "nerd" about it myself, is all, so I personally keep it pretty straightforward. The ONE time I didn't was in that game where I gave a fake peek and we all saw how that turned out.... so... yeah.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

That's the benefits I was thinking about when I said I sorta got the intent. 

I'm not criticizing it. Those sort of things are not my forte at all and I literally never do it (with like one exception). But I've come to know players that do it quite a bit and it serves as a good tool for them to scumhunt, so I respect it. I have no issue with thinking outside the box, I'm just more of a "nerd" about it myself, is all, so I personally keep it pretty straightforward. The ONE time I didn't was in that game where I gave a fake peek and we all saw how that turned out.... so... yeah.

Well, like I said... I've been working on my meta. Nobody in mafia is more of a juxtaposition for me, in play style, than Hess. Basically I did something that would make me yell at me in the post-game chatter.

So, whether it was successful or not in this D1 scum hunt, it's still going to be out there that I was willing to do it. Now, hopefully unpredictability like that can be folded in to my play and meta. That's all I was really going for.

I think Jetscode is successfully manufacturing a big diversion out of it though... there's no reason we should be talking principle lynches, when no scum hunting has taken place, and no information would be gained by my lynch at this stage. If you want to push for my lynch, then do it after grinding out some scum hunting first. He's asking you guys to basically just lynch me, and get to night. It pings, but I'm not ready to accuse him of ill intent yet... 

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Swell. Any other thoughts mayhaps?

Not a ton.

I was a little sketched out by 80 earlier because we reached the same conclusion for seemingly different reasons but I think that was just a misunderstanding and we were more or less saying the same. Entertainment/gambit, etc. I agree though that Ape's intent is way more townie in utilization than otherwise.

JC's principal thing is meh. He's pretty straight forward as a player from my experience so I would probably leave it at null and see where he goes with it.

You seem okay thus far ;)

37 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, like I said... I've been working on my meta. Nobody in mafia is more of a juxtaposition for me, in play style, than Hess. Basically I did something that would make me yell at me in the post-game chatter.

So, whether it was successful or not in this D1 scum hunt, it's still going to be out there that I was willing to do it. Now, hopefully unpredictability like that can be folded in to my play and meta. That's all I was really going for.

I think Jetscode is successfully manufacturing a big diversion out of it though... there's no reason we should be talking principle lynches, when no scum hunting has taken place, and no information would be gained by my lynch at this stage. If you want to push for my lynch, then do it after grinding out some scum hunting first. He's asking you guys to basically just lynch me, and get to night. It pings, but I'm not ready to accuse him of ill intent yet... 

I'll let the rest decide so we don't bog the town into our petty squabbles.  Looks like you're are trying to provide "seer cover".  Personally, I don't have a problem with that tactic although I was vilified when I tried that here at JN.  We can discuss ad nauseam at end game cause I like a good argument.

9 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

So... for some unknown reason, I keep receiving calls from russian people repeatedly. I guess my number is somewhat similar to some russian business place or someone who has a ton of russian friends? lol. So a lot of times when the number seems iffy, I don't answer cause i'm ******* fed up. There's been this specific number that's been calling me around  9 am for the last couple of days that I've been ignoring but after it woke me up for like the third time, I decided to call back to tell them to ******* stop calling me.

To make a long story short, I have an interview on next Tuesday for a Veterinarian position in the Israeli Army :D   I'm somewhere between stoked and horrified. 

Why does the army need a vet?