Is Allen Robinson about to become the NFL's best WR?

drdetroit

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me bias, but Amari Cooper has a good chance to be that Wr .   Was a shoe in for the rookie of the year till he hurt his leg for a good portion of the second half .( was basically  just a decoy). Numbers would have been so much better than what he finished with.( his game is his route running , and tough when you can't make the cuts he normally makes with ease.

Amari Cooper looks like a totally different Wr than he was a year ago.  He's a lot bigger physically, and so much more relaxed .     Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are going on their second year together . Both have a better understanding of the offense, and what each other is looking for in the offense.

last year he was the number two option in the offense, this year he will be the go to Wr.

Call me bias, but Amari Cooper has a good chance to be that Wr .   Was a shoe in for the rookie of the year till he hurt his leg for a good portion of the second half .( was basically  just a decoy). Numbers would have been so much better than what he finished with.( his game is his route running , and tough when you can't make the cuts he normally makes with ease.

Amari Cooper looks like a totally different Wr than he was a year ago.  He's a lot bigger physically, and so much more relaxed .     Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are going on their second year together . Both have a better understanding of the offense, and what each other is looking for in the offense.

last year he was the number two option in the offense, this year he will be the go to Wr.

Gotta agree with this.

Raiders have the best young QB and the best young WR in the NFL.

42 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Agreed, Cooper looks like the real deal.

Robinson i think is going to be a good WR but how in the world can you even consider thinking he is going to be the best WR in the NFL when he wasn't even the best one in his draft class...he has a long way to go if he wants to be on OBJs level in my opinion. 

Right now its Julio Jones and Antonio Brown and its going to be a while before anyone approaches those guys numbers. Brandon Marshall is also in the top 5 conversation. Either way Allan Robinson is a beast and so is that whole Jaguar offense for that matter. With the Picks they had in this years draft, if everything falls into place, they will be a very solid SB contender for many years since they are a very young team with a very good young QB

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Right now its Julio Jones and Antonio Brown and its going to be a while before anyone approaches those guys numbers. Brandon Marshall is also in the top 5 conversation. Either way Allan Robinson is a beast and so is that whole Jaguar offense for that matter. With the Picks they had in this years draft, if everything falls into place, they will be a very solid SB contender for many years since they are a very young team with a very good young QB

What about Marquise Lee?

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

What about Marquise Lee?

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

No he's going to continue to beast

I'm not sure he produces the way he did last season. The contract they gave Ivory makes me think they plan on asking less of Bortles and put more of an emphasis on the running game.  That and like you said, Lee is healthy (who might actually be the most talented WR on that roster), Thomas is healthy too and him and Bortles were coming on strong last season.

They also have a bunch of guys who I think can ball at WR; Rashard Greene, Bryan Walters, Arrelious Benn...they even have this dude Shaq Evans. ;-)

Either way, Robinson has a long way to go before he's in the Julio, Antonio, Odell conversation. 

16 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

^^ Bias

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not sure he produces the way he did last season. The contract they gave Ivory makes me think they plan on asking less of Bortles and put more of an emphasis on the running game.  That and like you said, Lee is healthy (who might actually be the most talented WR on that roster), Thomas is healthy too and him and Bortles were coming on strong last season.

They also have a bunch of guys who I think can ball at WR; Rashard Greene, Bryan Walters, Arrelious Benn...they even have this dude Shaq Evans. ;-)

Either way, Robinson has a long way to go before he's in the Julio, Antonio, Odell conversation. 

You forgot hurns who they just extended, as far as arob goes I think AJ green is a good comparison... elite talent but a balanced team might take some of his fantasy value away

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dude you actually think Lee is more talented than Robinson?  Lmfao

20 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Dude was under the radar last year outstanding.  He's the only reason Christian Hackenburg became a 2nd round pick in the NFL.  You heard it here first batches.

Under the radar, maybe, if you only follow the league in the vacuum of one team's news clippings, and he's not on that team... otherwise, he was in weekly highlight reels.

30 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You forgot hurns who they just extended, as far as arob goes I think AJ green is a good comparison... elite talent but a balanced team might take some of his fantasy value away

Yep, Hurns too. 

The other thing to consider as well, is their defense is much improved on paper so they wont be playing as much catch up ball which is where a lot of their scores/yards came from.  I think they're a much more controlled offense this year with Ivory and Yeldon and an improved OL.

21 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Dude you actually think Lee is more talented than Robinson?  Lmfao

Yeah, I do.  The kid just cant stay healthy.  

I mean technically so does/did Jax.  That's why they took him 12 spots ahead of ARob. 

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

What about Marquise Lee?

as of right now Lee is number 3 on that WR roster ..Lets see what he does this year in the slot. Also when it comes to team philosophy I don't see them changing much, sure they will play action off the running game but all that will do is take even more pressure off Bortles and give them the added benefit of closing out games with Yeldon and Ivory. I don't see them changing their philosophy at all due to the RB's since both of them run hard and tend to get nicked up a bit. So the only way you will see these WR's lose targets is if the Jag's are just dominating games forcing them to run more and close things out at the end. Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey can make a huge Impact on defense but Jack does have Injury Issues they will have to deal with early on and CB is always a question mark until these guys play for real 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 9:28 AM, Smashmouth said:

I love Brandon, but he's nowhere in the top 5 conversation.  Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Dez Bryant and AJ Green have that on lockdown - and will for quite a while, considering how young and talented they all are

Archived