Is Allen Robinson about to become the NFL's best WR?

drdetroit

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2016 at 8:38 PM, Raideraholic said:

Call me bias, but Amari Cooper has a good chance to be that Wr .   Was a shoe in for the rookie of the year till he hurt his leg for a good portion of the second half .( was basically  just a decoy). Numbers would have been so much better than what he finished with.( his game is his route running , and tough when you can't make the cuts he normally makes with ease.

Amari Cooper looks like a totally different Wr than he was a year ago.  He's a lot bigger physically, and so much more relaxed .     Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are going on their second year together . Both have a better understanding of the offense, and what each other is looking for in the offense.

last year he was the number two option in the offense, this year he will be the go to Wr.

I was so hoping he would fall to the Jets.  He is a total stud.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:03 AM, bealeb319 said:

Robinson i think is going to be a good WR but how in the world can you even consider thinking he is going to be the best WR in the NFL when he wasn't even the best one in his draft class...he has a long way to go if he wants to be on OBJs level in my opinion. 

Simple.  ARob led the league in TDs for a WR. 

57 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I think he'll make his way into the top 10 convo after this year....

For those still on #Idzikwatch Marquise Lee made a couple of nice grabs yesterday....

Already in the top ten.  He led all WRS in TDs last year. 

Who cares about the "best" title. The guy is a flat out elite WR at 22. Jags are building their team smart, Robinson and Hurns are a dynamic duo that have been growing with Bortles. Yeldon and Ivory are a good rb stable. Lewis and Thomas are good TE's. If the light clicks on for Bortles this team will be a powerhouse for the conceivable future.

I would pencil them in as a potential SB team if there coach wasn't such garbage.

5 minutes ago, zwick said:

Already in the top ten.  He led all WRS in TDs last year. 

Me personally...gotta duplicate that for more than one season to get into that convo...

He's on pace to duplicate what he did last year so I don't think there will be any debates in December

Just now, jdeacon said:

Who cares about the "best" title. The guy is a flat out elite WR at 22. Jags are building their team smart, Robinson and Hurns are a dynamic duo that have been growing with Bortles. Yeldon and Ivory are a good rb stable. Lewis and Thomas are good TE's. If the light clicks on for Bortles this team will be a powerhouse for the conceivable future.

I would pencil them in as a potential SB team if there coach wasn't such garbage.

Yep.  There are a few guys who are open even when they're covered.  Robinson is one of those guys.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Allen Robinson is already an elite WR, and he will only improve on his 2015 stats as him, and Bortles get more comfortable with each other.

I actually think he'll take a pretty decent to significant dip from a production standpoint this season.  They signed Kelvin Beachum and Chris Ivory to improve their running game. They drafted Yeldon last year in the 2nd.  They want to run the ball more and control the clock and take pressure off Bortles who does tend to make mistakes when pressing. Bradley is a defensive guy, he doesnt like shoot outs and doesnt like playing from behind.  They're going to be in closer games this year because their D is twice as good.

I'd say easily over 60% of the Jags offense production came playing from behind last season.  That's not to say the dont have a potent offense, they do.  But things are different when you're playing catch up every game. 

Robinson's stat line when trailing: 56 receptions, 1,041 yards and 11 TD's. 

This season, they will be starting with a healthy Julius Thomas (who they didnt really have at 100% till the 2nd half of the season) and Marquise Lee (who they really havent seen at all and drafted 20 spots ahead of Robinson).  Plus, they cant keep Rashard Greene off the field either.  And Allen Hurns just signed for some serious Cheddar.

So while we can all agree Robinson is a great talent.  I'd pump the breaks before crowing him the best of the best. 

80 catches on 153 targets isnt exactly amazing, either. 

45 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

They were 5-11 last year. I like them as a sleeper pick to win the AFC South, but Super Bowl? Let's cool the jets on that kind of talk for a team that has been 14-50 the last four years.

22 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He's already in the discussion. I think he'll be the best within a year or two. 

And saying Lee is more talented than Robinson might be the stupidest thing I've seen on a message board this year.

If that's the case, why did the Jags select Lee almost 20 spots ahead of him? 

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

I actually think he'll take a pretty decent to significant dip from a production standpoint this season.  They signed Kelvin Beachum and Chris Ivory to improve their running game. They drafted Yeldon last year in the 2nd.  They want to run the ball more and control the clock and take pressure off Bortles who does tend to make mistakes when pressing. Bradley is a defensive guy, he doesnt like shoot outs and doesnt like playing from behind.  They're going to be in closer games this year because their D is twice as good.

I'd say easily over 60% of the Jags offense production came playing from behind last season.  That's not to say the dont have a potent offense, they do.  But things are different when you're playing catch up every game. 

Robinson's stat line when trailing: 56 receptions, 1,041 yards and 11 TD's. 

This season, they will be starting with a healthy Julius Thomas (who they didnt really have at 100% till the 2nd half of the season) and Marquise Lee (who they really havent seen at all and drafted 20 spots ahead of Robinson).  Plus, they cant keep Rashard Greene off the field either.  And Allen Hurns just signed for some serious Cheddar.

So while we can all agree Robinson is a great talent.  I'd pump the breaks before crowing him the best of the best. 

80 catches on 153 targets isnt exactly amazing, either. 

Do you ever read your own posts and say, "god damn I'm good?"

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

I think he'll make his way into the top 10 convo after this year....

For those still on #Idzikwatch Marquise Lee made a couple of nice grabs yesterday....

I know it's really early & premature but Jalin Marshall our UDFA is going to be a more valuable player than Marques Lee who was the consensus pick on this draft board. I remember it well.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Are you saying that if the Jaguars had to do it over again, they would choose Lee? If they could only get one of them?

Not at all.  I think people acting like everyone knew that Allen Robinson was an all world WR and was better than Lee are ******* liars.  He went in the late 2nd round.  There were 10 WR's taken before Allen Robinson.  There were 4 TE's taken before Robinson.  Lee was taken over 20 spots higher by the same team that drafted Robinson.  lmfao

These jackasses acting like the knew/know that Robinson was that much better are liars.  First off, his own team disagreed and secondly, they havent seen Lee in action. 

Being ignorant is one thing, being a liar is another. 

Just now, JiF said:

Not at all.  I think people acting like everyone knew that Allan Robinson was an all world WR and was better than Lee are ******* liars.  He went in the late 2nd round.  There were 10 WR's taken before Allan Robinson.  There were 4 TE's taken before Robinson.  Lee was taken over 20 spots higher by the same team that drafted Robinson.  lmfao

These jackasses acting like the knew/know that Robinson was that much better are liars.  First off, his own team disagreed and secondly, they havent seen Lee in action. 

I agree. I didn't know people were doing that. I wanted Marquis Lee in the worst way.

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I agree. I didn't know people were doing that. I wanted Marquis Lee in the worst way.

It's crazy to think how nasty their air attack will be with him and Julius Thomas at full strength and Rashard Greene aint nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah and 198 selections were made before Tom Brady. Vernon Gholston was picked sixth overall. That is just stupid logic. Your talent is not determined by where you're picked in the draft. It's determined by how well your perform when you're in the league.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Not at all.  I think people acting like everyone knew that Allen Robinson was an all world WR and was better than Lee are ******* liars.  He went in the late 2nd round.  There were 10 WR's taken before Allen Robinson.  There were 4 TE's taken before Robinson.  Lee was taken over 20 spots higher by the same team that drafted Robinson.  lmfao

I can't speak for others, but I was on record as wanting Robinson over Lee that year (though the evidence of that is stowed away on some "other" message board).  Both of them along with Davante Adams farrr more than Amaro. I liked Lee don't get me wrong but I reaaaaaally liked Robinson coming out.  I was crucified for suggesting it but I would have been ok taking him with our first.  That being said, anyone suggesting that Robinson was looked at as the better prospect is definitely lying.  Lee was widely considered the better prospect. 

On 7/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, BigRy56 said:

I dunno, I don't think Allen Robinson has anywhere near the pure ball skills that ODB has... and I'd put ODB behind Brown and Julio (maybe) at the moment. Robinson has his work cut out for him to get to #1.

i love when people make statements like this. doesn't have anywhere near? i'd say odb, as of right now, is higher rated receiver. but these guys are both insanely talented. jerricho cotchery.....now he was nowhere near the level of odb

8 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I love Brandon, but he's nowhere in the top 5 conversation.  Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Dez Bryant and AJ Green have that on lockdown - and will for quite a while, considering how young and talented they all are

All great choices but based on last season, B-Marsh is actually right in the mix.  DeAndre Hopkins is another name that could push one of them out.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

If that's the case, why did the Jags select Lee almost 20 spots ahead of him? 

when players are already playing the NFL it makes no difference at all where they were selected in the draft since so many players these days seem to totally out perform their selection . Lee may have been the better prospect in some peoples eyes but Robinson is obviously the better player now.

10 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I love Brandon, but he's nowhere in the top 5 conversation.  Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Dez Bryant and AJ Green have that on lockdown - and will for quite a while, considering how young and talented they all are

That's fine but Brandon is having an amazing career and had what 1500 yards 109 receptions and 14 TD's last year

Dez can't stay healthy he's been hurt a few times and FWIW the other guys still have to do it barring injury for a lot more years before they have careers like Brandon. Obviously Julio and Antonio are the best but Brandon was a top 5 WR last year and has been in the past. With the Jets adding new weapons teams wont be able to constantly focus on Brandon so in that respect maybe Brandon does even better this year. I say when you are talking top five, longevity comes into play staying in great shape avoiding injury lets see how many of those guys are catching 106 balls and 15 TD's at the age of 33 :)

Marshall already has 882 receptions and well over 11000 yards with another year like last he's going to eclipse 1000 receptions and possibly 13000 yards and he's still got at least 3-4 more years of football in him since he's in amazing shape and he actually came in lighter and faster to camp this year.

Brandon will probably approach top 5 of all time numbers in the next few years if he stays healthy

12 hours ago, PS17 said:

Who is arguing that Lee wasn't considered the better prospect? We're talking about 2016. 

Yup.

It's amazing how many people here, including some of the most prolific posters,  have reading comp deficiencies and misread/misinterpret and then proceed to relentlessly argue against a position that was never claimed in the first place. 

I attribute it to either excessive drug use in their college days or to CTM.

Archived