Gas2No99

Jets coach Todd Bowles undaunted by potentially explosive QB situation

Well I'm sure this will all be over soon. A point to consider though just from a gut check perspective. Smith worked hard in the off season, throwing and practicing with OB Jr. and a host of other top name WR's in Florida. He's been working with the 1st team O. He's showed alot of dedication. He needs to prove to himself to, the team, his coaches and the fan base that he is the man. That he could have done just as good or better than Fitz last year. Where has Fitz been in the off season??? Changing diapers and throwing to his kids in the back yard. Going golfing. Is he ready to step right in and play? Has he been working hard in the off season preparing for this year's early season onslaught of a hard ass schedule. I'm not too sure about Fitz. I know all you Geno haters won't agree and I'm not real comfortable with Smith, I'm sure no Jet fan is, but based on the Fitz holdout: after all the Jets have quadrupled his salary. How would you feel about your employer giving you 4 times what you made last year and almost twice what you made for the following 2 years to maybe stand on the side lines with a headset on. Not too bad for a journeyman QB who no one picked up in the off season. The fact that NO TEAM even entertained an offer, none, no one, nada, tells me something right there. I'm not all warm and fuzzy about Fitz coming back. He had success last year but whose to say Smith would not have had at least the same success with the O's weapons and new offensive scheme.

• Upvote 1

I have not seen one team, not one media report that has even remotely offered Fitz a deal. And if they did it apparently wasn't as good as what the Jets are offering him or I would think in his Harvard brain he would have taken it. I could be wrong but with all the sport writers and rumor-mills out there Ryan Fitzpatrick seems to have no takers. And I can understand that.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company