Sign in to follow this  
JetBlue

TOJ - Camp Predictions (Good Read!)

Didn't McLendon say in a recent interview that he's not a NT and not truly replacing Damon Harrison in that role?  

He said he'd play all spots along the line.

Edited by AFJF

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He will play some NT but is more of a DT.  Ultimately I think Deon Simon will be getting the PT at NT. :-) 

Agreed.  First paragraph referred to him as "veteran nose tackle".

Exact quote from McLendon.

"I really can't say I'm a nose tackle.  I'm a defensive tackle.  He's (snacks) a traditional nose tackle.  I'm a defensive tackle" 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

The key phrase is "traditional" nose tackle.  

Right.  The traditional guys eat up space and multiple blockers like Snacks often did.  

In that interview, McLendon said he was more of a 2-gap guy who relied on quickness in Pittsburgh's scheme.

I get it though...one guy leaves and fans assume the new guy is going to be expected to do the same thing the last guy did.

52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The last time we saw him (3 years ago) play meaningful downs on defense, he was being torched by Jordy Nelson and benched. He's a zone cover corner and it's a man system. I just don't see him bouncing back. He was drafted 9th because the last GM was bad. 

I've mentioned this before in some other thread and I know people forget because it was a blowout, but that's not accurate.  The last time we saw him play meaningful downs was a week or two after the GB game when he was 100%.

It was against the Chargers when the Jets got blown out and Milliner was excellent that day.  IIRC his total numbers were 2 receptions allowed for 7 yards and multiple PBUs.  It was after that the he was hurt on the opening kickoff against Denver and he hasn't played much since.

Just my two cents.

That being said...TOJ has been leaning toward Geno since last season from what little bit I've seen of theirs.

Joe does a nice job all-around though.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company