Sign in to follow this  
johnnysd

The Irony of the Fitz Situation

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha - no.  I'm just kind of laughing to myself that it would be like, eh...no big deal, on to the next. Which would be hilarious considering the boner you have for the guy and the amount Fitz championing you've been doing this offseason while this dude has held the Jets hostage.

My worth it comment is more like...if he started that way...I would look back at this offseason and say..."Totally seems worth it...."

Given that Fitz would be easily cuttable after '16 based on how the contract will likely be structured, and that many people want to see Geno/Hack/Petty at some point in '16, and also would love a shot at the top pick in '17, yes, it would be worth it in the unlikely event your scenario occurs, no?

Just now, JiF said:

No.  NO.  HELL NO.  Are you kidding me?  

It would be nice consolation prize but if this team let him hold them hostage all offseason to immediately tank, I'd want to rip every single hair out of his beautiful beard and feed them to him on a burning rice cake (dont ask why the burning rice cake).

It would basically prove everything I've been saying and taking away our chance to asses the future.  Stepping into a situation when you're 0-6 or 1-5 is completely different than being the start from D1.  Not even comparable scenarios.  

You oppose the Fitz signing because you view him as mediocre, and only capable of taking us to 8-8.  You support Geno starting because you believe he has higher upside, and that if he fails, we'll get a top pick.

If Fitz tanks, that's not better than him going 8-8 and having us treading water?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company