Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

NFL.com Bold Predictions Article

12 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Chris Ivory started the 15 season as my favorite player on O, and for awhile there that looked well deserved.  Then just like everyone else I saw him fade, and OF COURSE Marshall ended up being my favorite on O, along with perennial Mangold.

Given that fade, will Forte actually be an upgrade?  I agree this could be the biggest off season move improving the team of all.  If I had to bet, it probably will be.

Best of luck to Chris and all, and we loved his style here.  But...

Looking forward very much to Matt's play for us.

Forte is really good player but didn't he last year in Chicago fade too. And he's similar to Bilal Powell who to me is more effective in a secondary back role. I don't think as lead back he would do that job. We need a power back in the equation and hopefully Khiry Robinson does well in that role. But he's coming off of a broken leg. And then we just added Pollard. So Mac has done a good job putting together a group of Rbs. The short passing game should really be exciting. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

Nice post, and I did not mean to discount the other RB's.  Still I see Forte as Ivory's replacement, and am hoping it's at least not a downgrade.

As for Forte's year last year, I was not able to follow the Bears much, so the main thing I know is Forte was great in 13 and 14, and there's no good reason to think he's done.  I have to add in here without having seen much of them that I for some reason think they are not a well run team, so there's that.

I think if Amaro is in the mix again the short passing game could be very good. And a chain mover in terms of first downs. But Ivory really helped to win a lot of those games. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company