Foles Is Now Available

KRL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the price is right, this would definitely be a good way to go.  I can't imagine his demands could be too high at this point, and the possibility of having a chance to compete would have to be a bit of an attraction to him.  If nothing else, showing some interest could also give Fitz a good smack upside the head, if he were still the team's preferred choice.

Foles was due $10.75M in salary and requested his release? I don't know what he expects to earn. 

But in the game of QB musical chairs, there are now two QBs, one chair, and Maccagnan is operating the music. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Foles was due $10.75M in salary and requested his release? I don't know what he expects to earn. 

But in the game of QB musical chairs, there are now two QBs, one chair, and Maccagnan is operating the music. 

Forgetting Geno?

9 minutes ago, slats said:

He was relegated to third string and wanted out. He'll come cheaper than Fitz. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No but as a NY Jets fan you want your team to improve and have viable backups especially at QB 

Geno Smith and Nick Foles can battle it out in camp may the best QB win 

that would be the least inspiring qb battle.  give me todd vs. robinson even at their current ages.

So wouldn't Foles then be getting all of his money due from the Rams. Not sure what kind of a contract he would want from the Jets. Maybe the Jets have been all along waiting for this. But if they've decided not to negotiate with Fitz they should act fast and sign him. He has all of training camp to learn the offense. I like Fitz over Foles and Foles over Geno. 

No thank you.

If we're xxxxxxx, er, "investing" in  2016 with Geno Smith at the helm, we may as well go all-in and have Petty be the #2.  Geno falters or gets hurt, we get to "see what we have" in Petty with "talent around him".  

On a team full of unknowns and kids, why bother with a known-nobody "veteran backup"?  We have Petty, if we need to go to the #2, we're already screwed, may as well play Petty.

Archived