Foles Is Now Available

KRL

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No thank you.

If we're xxxxxxx, er, "investing" in  2016 with Geno Smith at the helm, we may as well go all-in and have Petty be the #2.  Geno falters or gets hurt, we get to "see what we have" in Petty with "talent around him".  

On a team full of unknowns and kids, why bother with a known-nobody "veteran backup"?  We have Petty, if we need to go to the #2, we're already screwed, may as well play Petty.

whats about these guys: Mangold, Clady, Forte, Wilkerson, Decker, Marshall, Revis

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did well in Chips offense for that one year, Gailey has the well known rep of getting a lot of QB's.  I'd be surprised if the Jets went after him though.

We have a sh*te group of prospective Qb's in relation the rest of the league and worse yet it is unsettled sh*te.

20 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Forgetting Geno?

No. 

See, this hypothetical game of QB musical chairs is about unemployed QBs and the number of QB opeinings. In this case, it's two QBs and one opening. 

37 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Was just about to post this.  This has to be Macc's backup plan for a vet backup

It certainly puts the pressure back on Fitzpatrick. I would make one more offer to him and if he rejects it, sign Foles ASAP. I don't know if he is the answer, but he would give Geno some competition and he might actually win the job, though it is highly doubtful. It is difficult to come into a new team, new system, new scheme and expect to win a job in four weeks. But he could provide backup insurance.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No thank you.

If we're xxxxxxx, er, "investing" in  2016 with Geno Smith at the helm, we may as well go all-in and have Petty be the #2.  Geno falters or gets hurt, we get to "see what we have" in Petty with "talent around him".  

On a team full of unknowns and kids, why bother with a known-nobody "veteran backup"?  We have Petty, if we need to go to the #2, we're already screwed, may as well play Petty.

Because that is what they did with Fitzpatrick last year and now people want the Jets to give him 50mm. :)

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

It certainly puts the pressure back on Fitzpatrick. I would make one more offer to him and if he rejects it, sign Foles ASAP. I don't know if he is the answer, but he would give Geno some competition and he might actually win the job, though it is highly doubtful. It is difficult to come into a new team, new system, new scheme and expect to win a job in four weeks. But he could provide backup insurance.

i don't think petty is ready to even be the backup, so they'd have to bring in someone else.

This does put an advantage Jets to dealing with Fitz. And it gives Fitz competition in terms of signing with another team. The PFT article said that he might not sign right away and wait for potential injuries. Which is probably what Fitz has in mind. There are backup jobs available like in Seattle who really doesn't have a true backup. I doubt the Jets would offer Foles the same deal they are offering Fitz: 3-24. I mean they really don't know if he could efficiently run our offense. And he is a Qb who regressed after having success. But overall you would think he might sign sooner than later. So he can learn a team's offense in training camp. Fitz already knows our offense. And has a lot more experience with different teams than Foles. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

This does put an advantage Jets to dealing with Fitz. And it gives Fitz competition in terms of signing with another team. The PFT article said that he might not sign right away and wait for potential injuries. Which is probably what Fitz has in mind. There are backup jobs available like in Seattle who really doesn't have a true backup. I doubt the Jets would offer Foles the same deal they are offering Fitz: 3-24. I mean they really don't know if he could efficiently run our offense. And he is a Qb who regressed after having success. But overall you would think he might sign sooner than later. So he can learn a team's offense in training camp. Fitz already knows our offense. And has a lot more experience with different teams than Foles. 

Blah blah blah Fitz Fitz Fitz blah blah blah 

37 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I'd rather have Foles over Geno to be honest.

I would too, but it is incredibly difficult to walk on to a new team, new offense, new terminology and beat out a guy that knows the offense. Even as bad as Geno has been, he knows the offense better than Foles will even after preseason. I'm not saying it can't be done it just isn't likely unless Geno just stinks it up.

NFL channel is speculating that Mac and Fitz's agent are probably making one last attempt to get a deal done today. I don't expect Foles would demand 10 million this late free agency and just wants a fair chance to compete for a starting job. Even with Geno being familiar with this system, Foles should beat him out for the starting QB spot. Pressure on Fitz, bet he stays unrealistic in his worth and we sign Foles, who is better than Fitz anyway too. 

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Joe, we know you are a Geno guy and that's okay, as long as you can take the razzing you are going to get when Geno bombs.

If Geno Bombs its ok I'm a big boy football is about winning but have a plan B Foles is the answer not Fitzpatrick

4 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

NFL channel is speculating that Mac and Fitz's agent are probably making one last attempt to get a deal done today. I don't expect Foles would demand 10 million this late free agency and just wants a fair chance to compete for a starting job. Even with Geno being familiar with this system, Foles should beat him out for the starting QB spot. Pressure on Fitz, bet he stays unrealistic in his worth and we sign Foles, who is better than Fitz anyway too. 

Fitz does have some advantages over Foles, specifically knowing the offense and the players, with the locker room behind him. 

But Foles has the potential to be a medium to long term solution, that Fitz clearly is not. 

I can see the Jets still going with fitz even though I think Foles is the better choice, but it is clear they should use Foles's availability as a bargaining chip even if the FO still wants to go with Fitz.

15 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

Hopefully Macc and Bowles see the upside in Foles over Fitzpatrick 

Well, Foles would certainly seem to fit the bill for the Jets, if they were to decide to give up on Fitzpatrick. And, it's worth noting, Bowles was a defensive assistant with the Eagles in 2012 when Foles was still in Philly.

I think Mac was waiting for a vet to be released or come cheap via trade. Either to use those vets as a leverage to sign Fitz to a long term deal or sign those vets to go along with Geno. Good thing about this release is it will end the wait for Jets. In no more than 3 days, we will either have Fizt under center or have Foles competing with Geno. I said 3 days but it could really be less than 24 hours if things go as I expect them to go. 

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Fitz does have some advantages over Foles, specifically knowing the offense and the players, with the locker room behind him. 

But Foles has the potential to be a medium to long term solution, that Fitz clearly is not. 

I can see the Jets still going with fitz even though I think Foles is the better choice, but it is clear they should use Foles's availability as a bargaining chip even if the FO still wants to go with Fitz.

Did you really dis my reputation cause I said Foles would be an acceptable back up, if need be?.... man, has your self-righteous pompous pro-fitz attitude really greased that gerbil wheel between your ears. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

You'd think if the Jets sign Foles it will come down pretty fast. He needs the time in training camp and it's a good opportunity for him to start. It's the best opportunity for him to start. 

Finally a decent post out of you!!!!

This Nick Foles news is great what would be better is if the Jets signed him and he's in camp tomorrow 

We can end all this Fitzpatrick talk and arguing 

We can let Macc and Bowles decide who the starter will be Smith or Foles 

Foles is a much better option than Ryan Fitzpatrick 

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No thank you.

What happened to the cry of Fitz fans that this is an older team built to win now.

lol

#makeitupaswego

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think if the Jets sign Foles it will come down pretty fast. He needs the time in training camp and it's a good opportunity for him to start. It's the best opportunity for him to start. 

Think he has to clear waivers first. If the Jets don't want to pay Fitz $12M for 1 year I can't imagine they'd want to pay Foles $11M for 1 year.

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Did you really dis my reputation cause I said Foles would be an acceptable back up, if need be?.... man, has your self-righteous pompous pro-fitz attitude really greased that gerbil wheel between your ears. 

I disagree with the flat out assumption that Smith should be the starter if Foles is signed.  Very much so.  Smith is awful.

And watch the personal attack, especially based on nothing. I am far more intelligent than you.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Foles stinks. Fact remains that in their respective ideal scenarios he was twice the QB Fitzpatrick was, and had an all-time great season. I still don't know how that happened.

Fitzpatrick stinks he had a fluke year with an easy schedule Foles has a much more upside this is a no brainer for Macc and the Jets 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Think he has to clear waivers first. If the Jets don't want to pay Fitz $12M for 1 year I can't imagine they'd want to pay Foles $11M for 1 year.

I saw one of the reporters say he doesn't need to clear waivers. He's a FA

Edit: He's also dogsh*t

Archived