KRL

Foles Is Now Available

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think if the Jets sign Foles it will come down pretty fast. He needs the time in training camp and it's a good opportunity for him to start. It's the best opportunity for him to start. 

Think he has to clear waivers first. If the Jets don't want to pay Fitz $12M for 1 year I can't imagine they'd want to pay Foles $11M for 1 year.

Foles stinks. Fact remains that in their respective ideal scenarios he was twice the QB Fitzpatrick was, and had an all-time great season. I still don't know how that happened.

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I saw one of the reporters say he doesn't need to clear waivers. He's a FA

Edit: He's also dogsh*t

Seems he also wasn't due $10.75M more this year. That's what I get for not looking it up before posting.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The tweet that KRL embedded says Foles is not subject to waivers.

Interesting. Thought that after getting cut all players had to. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Foles was due $10.75M in salary and requested his release? I don't know what he expects to earn. 

But in the game of QB musical chairs, there are now two QBs, one chair, and Maccagnan is operating the music. 

That can't be right.

Looking at Jason's site the $10.75M is next year, and none of it was guaranteed, so his likelihood of seeing it was approximately zero.

It appears the reason the Rams were willing to keep him on was because his $7.75M compensation this year was all guaranteed, and they've already paid $6M of it since it was a spring bonus. So if all that's correct, then the reason he wanted to get released is he felt he could do better than 3rd string for $1.75M on the Rams. I'm sure he'll get more than the $1.75M he was due to make from this point on forward this year. The Rams still eat that $6M, but what's done is done for them. 

Foles gets his freedom a year earlier, with a decent chance to earn more than the $1.75M he was still due, and the Rams get off without paying him that additional $1.75M to be their 3rd stringer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Don't sleep on the 49ers for Foles. 

Thought about that initially as well, but isn't Kelly the one who was behind the whole Bradford trade just to rid himself of Foles in the first place?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company